Skills Gap Reviews

of reviewers recommend Skills Gap
Read Skills Gap Reviews

About Skills Gap:

Skills Gap is a careers accelerator that runs short, intensive tech courses in high-demand areas such as coding, data analytics and data science. All of our courses are specially designed for people aged 17 to 19 and are taught online by expert instructors who are passionate about sharing their knowledge.

Tell us how Skills Gap made you happy
The Skills Gap course was an amazing experience and the perfect bridge for the gap between the end of school and the start of university. The friendliness and experience of the instructors made the each day fun and entertaining but also challenging and stimulating. I would strongly recommend the Skills Gap Course to any 17-19 year old with an interest in data analytics as it’s a great introduction to what is a rapidly growing sector of the workplace.
This was an amazing course. The pace was great, moving on with items but taking care to make sure everyone was happy. Friendly environment to learn with helpful teachers. I would definitely recommend.
Good course, enjoyed working with excel and tableau and learning lots of new features. The course was led by an excellent instructor with good support throughout. I'm going to find my new skills incredibly useful progressing onto a Physics undergraduate course.
I took part in an excellent data analytics course with Skills Gap, packed with useful skills, delivered by friendly and helpful teachers. I highly recommend to apprehensive beginners, as both the course coordinator and the teachers made it an easy and enjoyable experience.
My son completed the course and was pleased with the content and skills learnt, I was impressed by the enthusiasm and responsiveness of Ian the course coordinator.
Insightful, solid format and well taught course
I completed the three day data analytics course in August. I had no idea how to use excel or tableau but after the three days I now feel comfortable with navigating myself around both of the softwares. I have definitely gained some useful skills for my future studies in Biomedicine. The Instructors were wonderful and would always happily answer any of my questions. We also got to work in groups which was great as it meant we were able to think for ourselves collaboratively.
The Skills Gap Data Science Course is a great experience which I would definitely recommend. It takes you through some valuable skills, from cleaning and manipulating data in Microsoft Excel, to visualising and presenting data in a professional manner in the software Tableau. For me, Excel was already a familiar software, yet the course leaders taught us new techniques I did not know about that were great time-saving tricks. This included the v-lookup function and pivot tables. Tableau was a software that I had never heard of before, but, with the instructors help, I realised just how easy it was to manipulate and visualise data using this software, and how useful it could be in any future work I did. Certainly, the skills I learnt in this course will prove invaluable during my time at university presenting and analysing data. Furthermore, I recently got offered a placement for my Gap Year concerning data science and engineering in the railway sector. I had talked about the Skills Gap course in my interview and believe that it definitely helped me get the placement. Finally, I would like to say a word about the instructors - they were really helpful, patient and friendly. It made the course not only a great learning experience, but also just a fun thing to be a part of.
This course has helped propel me into university and it has allowed me to get a headstart into the career of an actuary.
Very informative course delivering content that schools normally miss. Instructors explained techniques very clearly at a good pace.
An amazing course - would recommend to anyone looking to improve their tech skills! The instructors guide you through the course so that people of all abilities understand and develop key skills in Excel and Tableau - a great experience!
Skills Gap is rated 4.82 based on 11 reviews