Skills Gap Reviews

of reviewers recommend Skills Gap
Read Skills Gap Reviews

About Skills Gap:

Skills Gap is a careers accelerator that runs short, intensive tech workshops and courses. All of our programmes are specially designed for people aged 15 to 19 and are taught online by expert instructors who are passionate about sharing their knowledge.

Tell us how Skills Gap made you happy
The 'Tech in Finance' workshop provided by Skills Gap was one of the best workshops I've been to for numerous. One being that it gave a real insight into the finance industry and mentioned the paths we can follow. Most importantly, the workshop provided information around the tech skill sets you would need to pursue each career in the industry (I had never experienced this much detail before). Their customer service is brilliant with someone able to talk to you when you need.
I really enjoyed the Tech in Finance workshop provided by Skills Gap and I definitely learnt many things and was able to really understand technology's importance in the financial sector as well. as skills I need to ensure my success in the financial sector.
I found the "Tech in Finance" workshop very good value for money, providing an insight into technology and its applications to finance led by members of the industry, which is far better than just reading from a generic website.
Even if I already had knowledge about the field, I found the course extremely useful, as they systematically and thoroughly spoke about the basics of finance and how technology is and increasingly will play a big part in many processes. In addition to this, I found the panellists to be extremely prepared, which made the second part, which was discussion oriented even more enjoyable and insightful.
The program was centered around providing invaluable and actionable insights on the technical skills required in the industry on top of an introductory hands-on session to back-test a financial strategy. The panelists also provided incredibly valuable advise on emerging technical skills they considered useful as well as genuine reflections on their careers and the lessons they'd learnt along the way. As a first step, I couldn't ask for more!
The Skills Gap website was firstly very easily accessible and the interface was remarkably welcoming. I was able to navigate the website without difficulty and find the information I needed, especially for the 'Tech in Finance' workshop. This workshop was a brilliant opportunity for inspired tech enthusiasts like myself to explore new and existing ways in which tech can be extremely useful in various professions of finance. The whole experience was enlightening and helped me to gain an understanding of an area of tech that I had previously no knowledge of, but was very much intrigued to learn about. I am looking forward to attending more workshops and courses offered by Skills Gap in the future!
I attended the tech in finance workshop and found that it gave a great insight to the potential careers in finance and the importance of tech skills in order to be successful. It suggested areas of tech needed such as EdExcel & Python.
Tech in Fianance workshop, was a great insight into different financial careers, with the opportunity to ask questions to experienced professionals.
Skills Gap was well organised and the Tech in Finance course was amazing and informative. I recommend to anyone interested and the guest speakers helped me gain more insight into the industry.
I took part in the “Tech in Finance” workshop where I gained an insight into the various careers in Finance and the importance of technology in these roles. I particularly enjoyed learning about the different career paths the guest speakers took. The workshop has inspired me to learn programming languages such as Python and R.
The Skills Gap workshop was Amazing! Presentation and timing was good with breaks.My Daughters enjoyed l highly recommend for parents to encourage for their children to sign up if interested in Finance.I was impressed with Ian’s coordinating skills keeping parents and students informed.
The course was great and very insightful with well informed guest speakers. The times were perfect and the tech used (excel) were easy to follow along with. Would definitely recommend and if continued would do again
Skills Gap offered a great opportunity for young people to explore what tech in finance was, and how it’s used in financial careers today. It was very helpful being able to hear first hand about the variety of careers within the industries and exactly what is involved for each of them. The host was lovely and welcoming as were the other guest speakers. Overall it was a great learning experience and I’m looking forward to what Skills Gap will be putting on next!
I found Skills Gap on a school newsletter and I was immediately interested because it was about tech in finance. As a person that is very interested in computers and coding, seeing how my skills could be used to fill certain roles in different areas was very helpful. The speakers that were on the workshop were very experienced and gave me an idea of what I could do.
I attended the 3.5 hour long Tech in Finance workshop. It might cost money, but it is worth every penny. It gave me a great insight into the world of finance and technology. If you are either sure or not sure on whether you want to go into either of these respective industries, this workshop is useful either way. Moideen Kalladi was amazing and he explains everything very clearly, whilst also going into depth on the jobs in these industries. This makes it easier for you to see what is more suited to you. The open board meeting at the end is an amazing chance to have your questions answered by people at the top of their fields. Thank you.
Skills Gap not only gave me a good insight into the financial career paths available from professionals who are in the field but also gave me a chance at a hands on practical into excel. Skills gap also allowed for questions to be answered by the experts who provided good answers to help us think about what choices to make in our academic life to lead to our desired profession.
It was a great experience and a very useful insight on how different aspects of finance use different types of technology. In particular, the activity using excel helped me to understand the type of skills needed in the modern day.
The course I completed on ‘Tech in Finance’ really gave me a brilliant insight into possible career paths and the paramount importance of computers and algorithms in the finance sector. I took part in the ‘hands-on’ exercise, using Microsoft Excel, and was also able to put my questions forward to a very approachable panel of experts.
The Skillsgap workshop was fantastic. It was great to hear the different paths and experiences from the panel and guest speakers and the webinar leaders were informative and answered all questions I had. I would definitely recommend.
At first I was not completely sure that spending a part of my Christmas holidays attending the course would be worth it, but after having attended it I can say it was the right decision. In fact, not only the staff was extremely knowledgeable and friendly, but I believe to be now in a position where I can explore the topics we have covered even further on my own, as I was thought the mindset required and not only the operational skills.
Skills Gap is rated 4.84 based on 32 reviews