Willow & Hall Reviews

of reviewers recommend Willow & Hall
Over A Month
Over A Week

Tell us how Willow & Hall made you happy
Do NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE THIS COMPANY. I ordered a sofa six months ago, and at the time spent a long time on the phone with a sales rep checking measurements to make sure it would fit upstairs. The sofa was due for delivery in February this year (ordered November 2020). The deadline came and went with no communication from the company, and after chasing several times I was told it was delayed due to Covid, which I accepted. I was promised delivery in March, which again came and went with no communication. Having chased again and again, I was told April. It arrived and did not fit despite their assurances, and had to be sent back. I then had to chase to arrange a refund, which I was offered with no issues because it is so obviously a huge mess up on their side. However, I was told it would take max 14 days to get my money (nearly £2,000) back, and promised they would expedite this because of the problems I have had. 15 days later I had to chase again for my refund, and while they have now confirmed it has been issued, they only just advised it might take another 10 days to appear in my account. Its utterly unacceptable to take that much money from someone for 6 months with no goods ever received, and then to not action it as a matter of extreme urgency. I have been told there is just "nothing they can do". The only excuse they will give you by the way, is that "we are a small team." So, don't order from this company unless you want to spend several hours on the phone chasing them, don't mind waiting 10 days in between hearing from customer services, be £2000 poorer, and still have no product.
In 2018 I bought a The Dunsmore Sofa Bed in a summer sale: 3 Seater, ​​Textured Chenille Slate Seat Cushions Reflex foam, Mattress Open sprung. It cost £1,276.20. We used it a few (4) times for visitors but within a year it became unusable because we couldn't open or close the fold-out bed. Also a problem was the open spring mattress which is terrible, neither or us could sleep on it and we have had comments (family and trusted friends) like, "it's like sleeping on a thin bag of wire" and "how could a new mattress be so uncomfortable?" We complained within the one-year guarantee period about the failed folding mechanism but were told that the guarantee did not apply unless we had it checked by an 'independent engineer of their choosing' and that would cost £100. On principle we objected to this as nowhere in W&H literature was this mentioned and if it were, would contradict the point of a guarantee. So we have, effectively, a useless guarantee and a useless bed. The marketing is very slick but the actual sofa-beds are not fit for purpose, and it feels like a bit of a con. So I can conclude by saying that our 'luxury mattress' has been an unmitigated, expensive disaster!
Avoid Willow and Hall! I ordered a sofa bed and have not received it. I paid in full when I ordered it and have chased and chased via email and numerous phone calls but telephone mailboxes are full and no one responds to my emails. Awful customer service, in-fact non existent customer service. I’ve emailed various addresses .... Customer services Aftercare Trade Info Etc... The phone number on the website and listed here says it’s answered between 9-1. I have always just got a voicemail saying their inbox is full. I read on reviews.co.uk that the company was having solvency issues and this started last November. Not sure if this is true?? however they should not have taken the money from me if they could not deliver. I have now asked to cancel my order and for a full refund. Still no response. I would not recommend this company and advise you to shop elsewhere.
I received my sofa this week after few weeks of delay. I wished, their customer services just be honest and tell customers, about their difficulties and the cause of delay ( covid I assume) . I am sure people would be understanding and patient.
Sofa never arrived Non existent customer service. I ordered a sofa bed and have not received it. I paid in full when I ordered it and have chased and chased via email and numerous phone calls but telephone mailboxes are full and no one responds to my emails. Awful customer service, in-fact non existent customer service.
I'd urge anyone to be cautious before ordering with Willow and Hall. I ordered a sofabed at beginning of Oct and still waiting. Communication is very poor. Since Oct I've had 1 notification about delays and the rest I've had to call and chase otherwise I'd know nothing. We finally booked delivery today and cleared out room but the delivery company didn't put it on the truck last night. Again, no notification and I had to call them to find out what happened. Now told I'll expect delivery maybe next again week. So frustrating and all we ever get is apologies from them but never the sofabed we ordered 6 months ago.
I am still waiting for my sofa to arrive after 15 weeks. I was happy to order my sofa from a British make company. We had a sofa bed from them in 2015 and it is the best sofa I have ever slept on. But unfortunately they should not have taken any orders after November 2020. I read in the company house report about their meeting and the voluntary winding up of the company! I don’t know what to call their unethical behaviour? Very disappointing and now I have to start the dispute proceedings.
No delivery after 4 months (lead time give was 10-12 weeks). Even worse though is no update from them, even after me trying several times. The customer service is appalling, they keep asking for time, saying the workshop can only be emailed and management is extremely busy so cannot address my request for an update. It is unacceptable that after over a week they cannot tell me what is happening to my order. I cannot express my disappointment and anger over how I am being treated and am looking at my legal rights to recover my money.
Great experience with Willow & Hall. A small delay but given COVID not a problem and was kept up to date at all times. Sofa and sofa bed arrived and beautiful. So stunning to look at and comfortable. Will be back for a bed soon.
Had a good experience. Excellent sofa and sofa bed. Looks great and feels comfortable and sturdy. Sofa bed is by far the best I can see on the market. Happy with my purchase.
Was going to order a sofa bed with willow and hall but having read the reviews I have definitely changed my mind. The sample packs I ordered looked lovely. But no thank you .
We were told that our delivery would be today 5th March 2021 between 8am and 10am. It did not arrive and all their customer contact details to sort this out were not available. Poor customer services.
Great experience with this company. Ordered a sofa bed and armchair. Both arrived on time and look beautiful. Delivery team friendly as well and showed me how to use my sofa bed too. Delighted and will be back for a bed soon. Thank you.
I ordered a sofa 18 weeks ago, paid £3,500 in full and was quoted 6-8 weeks delivery, in time for Christmas. I have had to continually chase them for an update via email as they don’t answer the phone. Have been told they have a shortage of materials due to them being used in NHS PPE and that they are short staffed due to Covid. They promised a delayed delivery of January but with a few days to go it’s looks likely they will delay again. They are still taking orders on their website, quoting 10-12 weeks delivery, in full knowledge they cannot deliver them. I have emailed them and given them 48 hours to respond or I’m instructing solicitors to sue them for £3,500 plus compensation and cost. Companies like this give small businesses a bad name and dissuade people from going anywhere other than the large companies. It’s a shame. Anyone tempted by their website to order anything should look elsewhere or face disappointment and time lost chasing their order. You will be met with indifference. Update: I have now finally received my sofa and am underwhelmed to day the least. I am still missing £180 worth of cushions and the delivery company had no record of me paying to have my old sofa taken away. As usual W&H are unresponsive and showing their utter contempt for their customers. I see they are now putting up 5 star reviews to counter all the genuine 1 star reviews from ACTUAL customers. How the directors of this business can sleep at night is beyond me. I REITERATE AGAIN - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE CHARLATANS
Really pleased with my sofa and armchair from Willow and Hall. Lovely choice of fabrics and the linen cotton is very classy on the furniture. Seems really well made and love the fact I am able to support a smaller British business in the current times. Very happy thank you.
5 months to get delivery which was damaged and driver very rude. Since then they have not returned our phone calls or email. Very disappointing
Purchased a large modular sofa in May 2020, it arrived in August 2020. It was poorly packed, the velvet material was damaged and with matching scatter cushions missing. After multiple contacts we have received no replacement cushion cover or missing scatter cushions. Customer service is awful it takes weeks for a response. We have been refused compensation and after 7 months we have no idea when this will be resolved. The sofa itself is a disappointment, we went for the deluxe goose down filling. Its lumpy and uncomfortable, we thought this would reduce with use but after 7 months it hasn't. As a result, we believe this is a substandard product. The large cushions require daily to twice daily plumping. The cushions are dense and heavy its a real hassle plumping them, I could not for example imagine how someone with a back problem could manage the task. This was our second purchase from Willow and Hall, having previously bought a sofa bed. We spent over 2.5k on this sofa and our intention was to buy a matching armchair and footstool but that's very unlikely. We also made the purchase through the topcashback website and have still not received £121.00. Despite multiple attempts the company cannot get a response from Willow and Hall. I know how they feel.
Do not buy from this company. We waited 3 months without any sofa. Fortunately we ordered via credit card so we are protected for 120 days. Just for your information this company is having financial issues: Companies House has Willow and Hall in a company voluntary arrangement 'A company voluntary arrangement' in place this (CVA) is a procedure that allows a company: To settle debts by paying only a proportion of the amount that it owes to creditors. To come to some other arrangement with its creditors over the payment of its debts'
Order No. 103029335I have purchased, sofas, divans, armchairs, headboards & footstools from this company over the last 24 months but I will NEVER buy another item from them. Their lovely website is the absolute opposite of their disgusting, slack & unapologetic so-called 'customer-service'. We all know about Covid, my own business closed for 9/12 months of 2020. Nonetheless, as a business, communicating with people who pay & have paid you is the job, when you can't fulfil the orders. I bought a divan, simple paid for in September 2020. Mid-January 2021, I have not received one communication from Willow & Hall to say we won't be delivering in the promised, pre-Christmas, 10-week time frame we splattered all over our website. I have contacted the company three times to ask when I might receive my bed base, not once have they told me the truth when I ask. Material not available, sick people in the workshop, workshop on holiday etc. Honesty, accountability & responsiveness are better received than their replies to my emails written in poor English, which take no accountability for anything, suggesting I'm unreasonable for wanting information after spending another £700 with them. If I could get the base elsewhere I would – Loaf for example, whose customer service is exemplary, personable & decent. Never again – nice website, cheap, shoddy company.
Willow & Hall is rated 4.78 based on 2,529 reviews