Willow & Hall Reviews

of reviewers recommend Willow & Hall
Over A Month
Over A Week

Tell us how Willow & Hall made you happy
I ordered a sofa 18 weeks ago, paid £3,500 in full and was quoted 6-8 weeks delivery, in time for Christmas. I have had to continually chase them for an update via email as they don’t answer the phone. Have been told they have a shortage of materials due to them being used in NHS PPE and that they are short staffed due to Covid. They promised a delayed delivery of January but with a few days to go it’s looks likely they will delay again. They are still taking orders on their website, quoting 10-12 weeks delivery, in full knowledge they cannot deliver them. I have emailed them and given them 48 hours to respond or I’m instructing solicitors to sue them for £3,500 plus compensation and cost. Companies like this give small businesses a bad name and dissuade people from going anywhere other than the large companies. It’s a shame. Anyone tempted by their website to order anything should look elsewhere or face disappointment and time lost chasing their order. You will be met with indifference.
Order No. 103029335I have purchased, sofas, divans, armchairs, headboards & footstools from this company over the last 24 months but I will NEVER buy another item from them.
Their lovely website is the absolute opposite of their disgusting, slack & unapologetic so-called 'customer-service'.
We all know about Covid, my own business closed for 9/12 months of 2020. Nonetheless, as a business, communicating with people who pay & have paid you is the job, when you can't fulfil the orders.
I bought a divan, simple paid for in September 2020. Mid-January 2021, I have not received one communication from Willow & Hall to say we won't be delivering in the promised, pre-Christmas, 10-week time frame we splattered all over our website.
I have contacted the company three times to ask when I might receive my bed base, not once have they told me the truth when I ask. Material not available, sick people in the workshop, workshop on holiday etc. Honesty, accountability & responsiveness are better received than their replies to my emails written in poor English, which take no accountability for anything, suggesting I'm unreasonable for wanting information after spending another £700 with them.
If I could get the base elsewhere I would – Loaf for example, whose customer service is exemplary, personable & decent. Never again – nice website, cheap, shoddy company.
£3000 sofa collapsed with 8 months, however the company wants ME to pay for an inspection to determine if it's faulty!

What a joke - and by the way the company is now insolvent. So good luck to any of us either hearing from the incompetent MD or recieving any semblance of customer service

Discusting
I bought a sofa bed that turned out to be poorly constructed - it wouldn't close- and the mattress was very uncomfortable. I asked that the sofa be replaced but was told that I had to pay an 'independent expert' to examine the sofa, and then his report would be the basis on which a replacement would be based. None of this is stated anywhere in the contract small print, and I suspect it is just a way to get out of replacing a poorly constructed 'luxury' sofa. In every way, my experience has been poor: quality, service, guarantee, so would advise against buying a sofabed from Willow and Hall.

Added after customer service comments: Your comments that the matter had been looked into meaningless as you did not address or resolve any of the complaints but just hoped I would go away.
I purchased a sofabed during their promotion. They said it would be delivered within two weeks. After three weeks of no communication, I called them to ask about my sofabed. They said they were running late and If I don't hear from them within a week I should call back. Upon no further communication, I called as advised and was told that the sofabed was damaged and could not be delivered anymore but they would find a comparable sofabed or replace it with a made to order one with a 10% discount on the sale price. They said they'd call to let me know which sofabed they'd replace it with in the late afternoon that day. Noone called. I called back and got another customer service rep who let me know all the sofabeds they sold during the promotion were damaged and none of them could not be delivered but they'd either refund or give me a 10% discount on the "full price". This is now after 4 weeks of purchase. She denied ever offering me a replacement sofa or a made to order sofabed. When I contested this they said they'd check and call back. No one called of course but I received an email letting me know that they have no 2 seater sofabeds in stock so they're cancelling the contract and giving me a refund. I don't believe anything they say. I think they had cashflow issues when they sold these sofabeds and scammed people to take their money until they were financially ok. After that, they found an excuse not to deliver the discounted sofas. Never did they call me to inform me on the damage to my sofabed, delivery or lack of stock. Total scammers. I'd stay away. I'd give them 0 stars if I could to protect others.
As with many other reviews on here, we ordered a sofa bed 9th October and were told it would be delivered within 8 weeks; when we phoned two weeks back we were told it would be another two weeks but we have not heard anything. I phoned today only to be told it would not be until the New Year; I have cancelled and asked for a refund (£1200.00). I was told it was due to shortage of materials due to the NHS taking priority; so disappointing as I wanted to buy British from a small company.

The worst thing about the whole situation is that they took my money straight away and have now left me with no time to try and get a sofa bed before Christmas. If only they had come clean earlier and told the truth I may have had time to find an alternative.

When I asked to speak to a Manager I was told I may get a call back in 72 hours!!!!
Hardly know where to start with W&H.

I don't have the time or energy to list all the problems I've had with them so I'll try to keep it brief lol

Firstly, we've had a broken sofa for months. Having taken their advice and had it independently checked, it was agreed that the error lay with W&H and the horrendous workmanship in making the sofa. I've asked time and time again when they will deliver our new sofa and collect the broken old one, but to this day I can't get a straight answer from them.

I feel for their CS team, especially Jamie, as I know I'm not the only person complaining, but truth is, W&H are hands down the worst company I've dealt with.

As well as waiting on a new sofa to replace the broken one we've had to put up with for months on end, we're now told we won't have it before Christmas, when originally we were told pre-Christmas should be fine. Not good news when we're supposed to be hosting family! Now our Christmas plans are completely up in the air.

I'm now chasing compensation for having to put up with a broken product for months. Seems they can't answer this query either!

For anyone who's interested, the MD and founder is a lady called Sarah Massouh, I suggest trying to contact her as ultimately that's where the responsibility lies.

Lastly, I urge anyone doing their due diligence when shopping around for a new sofa, AVOID Willow and Hall! The negative reviews all ring true with our experience and I could not recommend them less.

Chris Edwards
Company unable to manage orders and the 'workshop' unreliable and unbelievable. Promise after promise after 13 weeks with no idea of a delivery date I cancelled my order.... look at the reviews... all 5 stars for samples of fabric as they send a tea bag with it in a nice box.. shocking service...
Delay after delay then they deliver faulty goods a month ago. Numerous emails and phone calls but still not rectified. Non existent service. Dont buy from them.
***AVOID AT ALL COSTS***
This was the single most painful customer experience I've had in my life - my sofa was over 2 months late with zero communication from Willow & Hall, then 3 (3!) failed deliveries because they didn't provide the removable arms I'd paid extra for. At least a 30 minute wait every time I had to call them. Complete waste of my time and money. When the sofa finally was delivered it was visibly damaged from being forced through doors without removable arms, and there is now scratch damage to my floor from careless delivery men.
To top it all off, when I asked for compensation they offered...£38 for a sofa that cost over 1k. Sheer contempt for their customers. I cannot emphasise enough - ORDER FROM LITERALLY ANY OTHER PROVIDER, SAVE YOURSELF THE ORDEAL.
We ordered a sofa in August, were told 10 or so weeks and we'd be contacted. However, when nearing the original date there was no email informing us of a date so I called - I was told I'd be rung back with an update ... nothing. After several calls I was informed there would be a delay to mid November (from the original mid October). The delay was due to the fabric being out of stock. Checking the timing it was still a 6 - 7 week leadtime; in other words the build process hadn't started!
After another month plus of waiting I called again. This time I was told early to mid-December, but no guarantee! Apparently the workshop had a lax attitude to deadlines and the CEO had been onto them. Clearly didn't work. I asked for a call from management - that didn't happen either, so I cancelled the order: £1,400 of my cash W&H are not getting. Now, were there any efforts by W&H to keep my business...? No, they processed and I never heard from them again.
Two days later we ordered from sofa.com. We've had a delivery date confirmed of mid-November, so 2 - 3 weeks faster than W&H.
Interestingly I saw on W&H website recently - order for Christmas! (delivery date not guaranteed). Really?
Do not believe all the 5* reviews below, they are for sample packs. Something has gone very wrong at W&H they did not behave like this previously. Avoid, spend your money somewhere else!
Incredibly efficient at sending a lively sample pack, took out money and then NOTHiNG. They seem to spend all their time responding to online reviews pretending to be sorry. Not a single call. They can’t even process a refund. Appalling customer service - do not use this company. Read the online reviews - I wish I had. (I’d live to add a photo for my review but as I still have no sofa and no money there isn’t much to take a picture of)
It looks like I am not the only one who is having a horrendous experience with Willow & Hall. I am absolutely I gave £2,500 to this company. We are going to get legal advice now and wondered if anyone else has done the same? :(
Terrible communication over delivery . Lots of phone calls to get the job done . Product of very low standard . Would not recommend .
AVOID!
Many weeks delay! At the end I have received a faulty sofa made from scratch...Instead of picking it and refunding my money asap, it is 12 days now I am begging them to come to collect their "sofa" from my house as I can not use it and can not organize a delivery of another one! Even the cheapest sofa from IKEA will be a better quality than the one I received from Willow and Hall!
AVOID!
5 months and still no firm delivery date. The positive reviews are about samples. The are not to be trusted, completely incompetent and incapable of managing their suppliers. Still we have no delivery date everytime we call it's just another 8 weeks. I find it so surprising as superficially they appear to be a genuine and quality business but behind the facade is a limitless waste of time and zero commitment
AVOID AVOID AVOID

14 week wait for our sofa when the website said 4-5 weeks. No communcation received about delays due to covid until we personally chased up. On the day of delivery, delivery men refused to take it up to our room of choice. My partner and I ended up having to disassemble the couch ourselves and carry up the stairs. Paid extra for feather cushion inserts and the wrong ones were delivered. Unnecessary hurdles put in place preventing customer service to bring this to the attention of the warehouse to organise exchange which will take upwards of 4 weeks. Countless apologies received from operations manager and customer service staff but no timely solutions offered. We have received no replies to our emails and have had to constantly call for updates. We are still awaiting the managing directors response for all the hassle and stressed caused.

We did not want to leave a negative review as we were told that our experience was out of the ordinary and wanted to give Willow and Hall a chance to rectify their mistakes. Reading previous reviews it seems like poor customer service is synonymous with the company name. The lack of communication and solutions has left us extremely frustrated and we have completely lost faith in their service. An absolute joke of a company. Save yourself money and time and buy elsewhere.
Our Willow and Hall journey has been a bit of a nightmare. Most of the reviews on these review sites seem to be for the sample packs which skew the ratings.

We ordered our bed back in February, and were contacted just before lockdown re delivery, however we had not yet moved and so the bed wasn’t going to fit in our 1 bed flat. Obviously we understood that during lockdown it wouldn’t be possible to deliver our bed.

We were emailed on 14th May: ‘if we have confirmed that your furniture has already been made and is ready for delivery we will be increasing delivery slots and availability from the end of next week to ensure you receive your furniture as soon as possible’. So far so good…

Email 22nd May: ‘we will now be looking to book in your delivery in approximately 2 weeks time’.
Okay, so Covid has been a bit of a nightmare, I can understand the delay. Another 2 weeks delay.
Email on the 4th June: ‘As we are moving to a new delivery company the workshops are currently in the process of collecting all orders that were ready for delivery so they can do a final quality control check. They are completing these checks this week. Therefore, your order should be arriving with the new delivery team next week.’ Another 2 weeks delay.

Email on 11th June:’ Given the delays already experienced I don’t want to provide you with a finite delivery date that could be incorrect, but we are currently being told that they need two more weeks to complete quality control checks, load the orders into their computer system and then book deliveries.’ Another week delay.

Email on 12th June: ‘I am reluctant to give a time frame on a delivery date at the moment as we are still moving to the new team. I assure you that once our delivery system is fully up and running we will be contacting you to arrange a suitable delivery date.’

At this stage I started calling as our emails were going unanswered. I was told on 19th June that the bed needed to be sent back to the workshop for quality control checks (see email from 4th June… they lied about the checks being done.) Over the next 2 weeks I was told that checks were being done and that as soon as they were done, delivery would be arranged. I had to chase information from the team at every stage (calls made on 22/6, 23/6, 30/6, 1/7, 2/7).

Email on July 2nd: ‘We have been advised that your order will be delivered to Keen & Able next week and you will be contacted by the team to book delivery by Friday 10th at the absolute latest. I understand that I have shared similar updates with you previously but I have been assured that this is the final and definitive update regarding your delivery.’

Email on July 6th: ‘I have been advised this morning that your order will be with the delivery team on Thursday and then they will be contacting you on Friday 10th or possibly the following Monday.’ So not so final or definitive.

By the Monday evening we still hadn't heard anything and I had to call.

We were then told that on Thursday the bed would with the delivery company and that they would call to arrange delivery.

On Thursday we received was a text saying that it would be delivered on Sunday, and did that suit. We accepted and were told we would receive a 2 hour window.

Saturday evening we were sent a 4 hour window (11-3). The text made no mention of the company delivering nor any contact details.

The delivery company called at 4pm, an hour after they had said, and whilst we were supposed to be seeing friends, saying they would be half an hour.

They arrived at 5.30, at which point one of the guys said, ‘by the way we have never put one of these together’. Not very reassuring.

They unpacked the bed (they didn’t even have a pair of scissors to open packaging), and I checked the material prior to construction.

They had built the bed within half an hour, and left.

When we went to make the bed, we noticed that it was wobbly and all the legs had been put on facing the wrong direction.

So we then had to break the bed up again. The screws had not been affixed properly (unsurprising when all the delivery guys were equipped with was an Allen key).

Either before delivery or during first construction, two of the brackets had been bent.

Once we had constructed the bed, we noticed there is also a gap between the base and the surround, we assume caused by the best brackets.

The delivery process took 9.5 weeks from the moment we were told they would start delivering again, and during this time we were sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

Throughout this Willow and Hall refunded our delivery, gave a £70 refund and offered for Homeserve to visit after we complained about the bed gap.

The bed is now built, and we are happy with it, save for the issues with construction.

Would I recommend Willow and Hall, I am afraid not.
Bought a so called luxury handmade sofa within 2 years the sofa back legs have fallen out and won’t refit. This sofa hardly ever gets used so unbelievably poor quality. Have contacted the company who don’t want to know say I have to pay £150 for the Privilege of an independent inspection!! That’s even before the dispute is resolved. These sofas clearly are not built to last and are in my opinion shoddy in quality and most definitely not hand made, not to mention the poor aftercare.
Willow & Hall is rated 4.80 based on 2,511 reviews