Sofology Reviews

Sofology have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their prices and refunds. Full Insights

6% of reviewers recommend Sofology
Courier, Own Driver
Live Chat, Email, Telephone

How would you rate Sofology ?

"Sofa was delivered damaged and the delivery drivers damaged it further with a stanly blade and by dragging the sofa over gravel. It was eventually dumped on my drive and I was told by the company and the driver that it could not be taken back so I would have to take it into my house and await a resolution. I had to pay workmen to come and take out my window to put the damaged sofa into my house. 4 weeks later I am still waiting on a resolution after numerous phone calls and promises of calls back from managers that never happen. The only thing I have been offered is a credit note to use in store to purchase another sofa from them which I think is completely unacceptable. This is the worst experience and has completely ruined moving into my first home"
"2sofas arrived lots of faults very poor quality. hard to get through to customer service i guess due to comllaints. hard to book a technician now they want to order replacement parts which will be here in 10weeks aappaulling service avoid this store at all costs"
"All three items faulty could not speak to anyone tried and tried to get through phone constantly busy still ongoing not sorted yet very very upset disappointed no customer service at all AVOID."
"I purchased a sofa and armchair in December 2017 from Sofology. Some 12 weeks later I was unhappy with the appearance of the sofa as the seat cushions had gone flat and were sagging in the middle. I am of a light stature and felt that this should not have occurred after such a short period of use. I telephoned Sofology's customer service line and after a half hour wait to be answered, I was told that I had to have a web chat with one of their 'technicians'. I said that I didn't want to do this as I felt it needed to be inspected in person so I asked for someone to visit my home to look at the sofa, but was advised that "they don't offer this service". I was then advised to give the sofa a further "settling in period of another 6 weeks". I was then asked if I "unzipped the seat cushions at night to let them breath". I knew then that I was wasting my time and that they were not prepared to help me. I immediately contacted my credit card company, with whom I paid for the sofa. My credit card company persued Sofology, I obtained an independant inspection which confirmed that the sofa seat filling was fibre and therefore an inadequate material for a seat cushion, and 7 months after my initial phone call to Sofology's Customer Service line, I have had a full refund. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid Sofology as a company due to poor quality goods and lack of interest in customers once they have purchased a product."
"Whatever you do please read the reviews before you buy! Fantastic sales Talk, but if you have a problem with the furniture THEY DONT WANT TO KNOW. If I could turn the clock back I certainly wouldn't buy from Sofology!"
"Hopeless fabric gone bad with in a year paid £185 upfront for the insurance and been refused by insurance saying which wasn’t stated in the claim. Hopeless company and rude customer service"
"On line avert says sofas guaranteed for 20 years. When complained about fabric stretching on settee my sofa mysteriously only guaranteed for 2 years. Load of twaddle no help what so ever . I went to this company thinking they where trustworthy been had AGAN"
"The sales experience is slick and good experience and that's when we are asked to review. I decide to wait for actual sofa delivery before I write the review and here I am. My sofa was delivered after 12 weeks, and even after delivery charges that I had paid upfront, I had to pay £30 for Saturday delivery, fair enough. One of the sofa was delivered damaged, the delivery crew noted it in receipt and said someone would call me. It has been 4 days and no call/no communication from Sofology. I had to pay extra £30 for getting a damaged sofa. There is no phone number to call for defect or support. Try this for yourself - If you call for ordering a sofa, you get through in one minute, for delivery issues the average wait time is 42 mins, and for defect, the automated voice will say there is no phone number and refers to the website. I called the Croydon store hoping they will help me. They said, once you have paid for your sofa then there is nothing more we can do. Anything you want, delivery, support, complaint, defect, call the customer care. We can't help you in anyway. The same cooperative sales guy become a rude stranger to you. Sofology does not know the concept of after-sales service ! I was sure no one would call me so I myself wrote a mail using the site, attached the pictures, and it has been 4 days, no communication at all. Feels like I wasted my £2511 in paying for the sofa. First I pay my hard earned money and then it is me who has to chase for elusive support. Please read the reviews carefully before you buy from here."
"Indifference Made a mistake when i ordered my sofas. Did not read any reviews .Now going down the rocky road of dealing with strange E mails. All of your comments appear to be coming true. T V adverts-fortunes on advertising -no budget for customer care? I think this company enjoys our pain. Ref1937419 D Long."
"Absolutely awful 5 month experience with this company (except the store staff who've been badly let down). First time customers with them and NEVER again. Different density sofa cushions noticed after about 3 weeks. Tried, tried, tried to get Customer Services engaged but to no avail despite us being polite from start to finish. We had to resort to the Furniture Ombudsman to progress our observations after being advised by the Sofology branch where we ordered the sofa to email a complaint. I could write this review in full but who'd want to read it all! Suffice to say, after a visit by a furniture 'technician', who admitted that there was a difference in cushion density, he said we had an invalid claim as it was not a manufacturing 'fault'. So, we're living with it now; nothing else we can do as they won't even swap the cushions at the branch. Sigh."
"This company is an absolute joke, I honestly can't believe they are still in business. We have had nothing but aggro since our sofa arrived and it's still ongoing nearly a year later. The quality is awful and the couldn't care less. Avoid this company at all costs. If this was a £200 sofa from Ikea, I'd blame myself and say buy cheap, buy twice, however, these sofa's are expensive but the quality is absolute tat."
"Cheetah 3 seat sofa was great until delivered. We sunk on it. Compared to the shop equivalent my wife was unable to rise from the sofa unaided, once seated due to the lack of volume in the cushion. NO PROBLEM said sofology customer services. They replaced the seating with like for like despite the visiting engineer advising a firmer, more stuffed cushion. It wasn't just the poor filling but the appearance was disgraceful . Sofology repeatedly told us ALL we had to do was plump the individual cushions every day in a manner that would require a fit teenager to do repetitively. These cushions are heavy and awkward for we have disabilities; which Customer services have ignored. Sofology repeatably kept closing the issue only with us reopening to try and find some help. We were told Sofology would not do any more. Therefore we had to have it reupholstered independently"
"Just spoke to Natalie Wilde customer support Had Amersham Sofa since 7th April Badly damaged when delieverd ......been told that it will soften in Time but 3 months gone by still uncomfortable no give what so ever Im 90kg so not light either ,still no give Never mind got delievered damaged... You Dont go out and spend £3200 to be sat on day in day out not to have some form of comfort NO comparison to sofa in store Keep getting told same thing it's to the specication what crap it is Same shape as sofa in store, but nothing like it in the way of comfort As for customer support total JOKE!!!"
"Very poor company who don't care about customer service or ethical selling. Mis sell you a sofa to do what it cannot, agree it was wrongly advertised and mis sold. Won't offer to refund it to enable you to buy the sofa you would of brought from another company if they hadn't MISLED you to get your money. I would seriously recommend you consider spending your hard earned cash elsewhere."
"Different shades of leather. Customer services WILL NOT SEND OUT REPRESENTATIVES TO LOOK, They want photos !! i sent photos and they said they are fine. SOFOLOGY ARE SCAMMERS AND CROOKS !! DO NOT BUY SOFOLOGY"
"New leather sofa delievered mid April Slash in leather when delievered Still not repaired mid July Didn't order damaged goods!! Shop ordered from doncaster did not want to know once delievered not there problem basically NEVER AGAIN.........."
"SOFOLOGY COMMIT A CRIMRE AGAINST CUSTOMERS BY NOT GIVING REFUNDS, THIS IS A CRIME UNDER THE CONSUMERS RIGHTS ACT 2015!!!! I just paid £1400 for a leather sofa and was told it will take between 3-6 weeks to be made for me soon as i got home i get a message saying choose your delivery date which was odd, they gave a date 10 days after ordering but i could have chose earlier, very odd as i only just ordered it, anyway "IT" arrived badly broken with a massive colour difference and lots and lots of different marks n the leather which was definitely not in the showroom example, it looked lie a different sofa to which i ordered by the sample book, funny that never had any colour differences either, strange that anyway then the shop says o we can't control colour differences in leather, WELL WHY SHOW A LOVELY LOOKING SOFA IN STORE WITH LOVELY SAMPLE BOOKS TO CHOOSE THEN SEND ME A BROKEN PIECE OF JUNK? Now can't call the people i need to talk to as they don't have an in coming call line. I took time off work for nothing now i still have no sofa and don't now whats happening, the delivery guys were brilliant and immediately loaded it back onto the van, now i will wait and see if they try to palm me off with the same sofa again or i actually get what i paid for, a newly made sofa with no colour differences as the one i got looked like 2 sofas muddled up. I won't begin to tell you about the chipboard structure the sofas are made from all bits and pieces chopped up and glue dripping out from everywhere, i could honestly make better myself, check yourself in store, ask to see underneath unzip the bottom and take a look what your buying. UPDATE!! It's been 4 days now since my furniture arrived broken with colour distortion, i have been back to the store and emailed everyone, i still have had no call back as requested, the only hint of communication is through this review as you can see, i did what they asked below and still no one has responded, i am now over £1400 out of pocket with no furniture and no one from Sofology wants to know they are ignoring my emails and won't call me back, i thought Harveys were bad these are a lot worse as you cannot speak to anyone. STAY AWAY FROM SOFOLOGY they have diabolical customer service, in fact they have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL. UPDATE: After still having no replies to my emails and any communicaton from SOFOLOGY i contacted The Citizens Advice, They put me through to the consumer advice line which told me SOFOLOGY was committing a crime not giving me a refund. they are still using outdated legislation to con customers, USE THIS TO GET A REFUND, YOU HAVE YOUR RIGHTS, DON'T LET THEM TELL YOU OTHERWISE. (Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 goods you supply must be fit for purpose. As there was a problem with the goods when I bought them, I request that you give me a full refund.) CALL the consumer helpline, they will tell you everything you need to do, they have a template legal letter f needed. SOFOLOGY are CONNING people into thinking they cannot get refunds when you can, as soon as mentioned the consumer rights act 2015 and told them they were committing a crime my money was refunded Immediately, they couldn't process it fast enough. I HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE THAT HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME WITH THIS UNSAVOURY COMPANY. DON'T BELIEVE THE TV ADVERT BULLCRAP. IF YOUR ARE STUCK AND CANNOT FIND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NON HELPLINE FOR THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY IT'S 01942463019. REMEMBER THE CONSUMERS RIGHTS ACT 2015 IT'S CRIMINAL TO NOT GIVE A REFUND!!!!! THEY REFUSED ME 3 TIMES BEFORE I MENTIONED THAT NEW ACT OF 2015 NEW GOVERNMENT LEGISLATION. PLEASE IGNORE ANY COMMENTS FROM SOFOLOGY BELOW THEY ARE CON ARTIST SELLING JUNK. THANK YOU."
"Order sofas arrived not like on shop floor after care well had ur money on ur own no one is interested or no one wants to help avoid this company go else were"
"sofa was scheduled for delivery today between 7.45 and 11.4am. It’s 4.13pm and there’s no sign or update of the sofa. The online chat feature on the website is useless and they have no information or contact with the delivery team. Contacted customer services and they will respond within 3 days. Have lost a full days worth of work. And no basic courtesy of someone even informing me that there’s a delay. Unbelievably inefficient systems and processes. Totally avoid."
"If I could rate 0 I would. The worst experience I have ever had! Reading other reviews the company needs to look at how the treat customers. I recieved 2 couches and when they arrived the stitching and colour where completely different to the swatch in the shop. After taking pictures that where taken by the store workers who stated the colour was completely different. Head office decided they where the same colour! Which is bizarre as they are now calling there staff in the store liars. Never ever would I go to sofology and I will telling all my customers the same!"
Sofology is rated 1.31 based on 62 reviews