Sofology Reviews

Sofology have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their prices and refunds. Full Insights

4% of reviewers recommend Sofology
1 New Reviews Written
01AM
1AM
Courier, Own Driver
Over a month
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Over a week

How would you rate Sofology ?

"ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE- SAVE YOURSELF THE STRESS AND SHOP ELSEWHERE !! Worst experience I have ever had with an aftersales support team ( or lack there of). I purchased a sofa and matching foot stool, waited the 10 weeks lead time and unfourtunately when they arrived the ~£500 footstool was not the same colour as the sofa. Delivery team advised that I would have to contact Sofology directly. Nearly 1 month on and in summary Sofology have repeatedly ignored my emails, have refused to collect the footstool and refund me even though they have acknowledged that the footstool is not the right the colour and customers are legally entitled to ask for a refund for incorrect products. I am now having to inconvenience myself further by going to the Ombudsman as Sofology have said they cannot ‘ help’. First and last experience shopping with Sofology, absolutely gutted and wish I had taken my money elsewhere !"
"Still under my 2 years warranty but they are refusing to deal with a tear in the fabric, they say my warranty has ran out but it has not. They have said I will have to pay for their repair service...erm... no I wont, I will fix it myself for free. Lovely sofa, but if this is how they treat their customers then I wont be using them again."
"Terrible after sales support. Sofa had very bad stain appeared after 5 days delivered. Sofology wouldn’t do anything about it. We had sofashield out to clean it they wouldn’t touch it saying it’s a manufacturing fault. Only by slatting Sofology on social media and local press they agreed to collect and refund. Do not buy from this company. Just check reviews on social media. This company should not exist"
"Here we go again....and still waiting for Sofology to contact me!! After sending Scarlett from ‘Social Media Complaints’ my contact details no one has actually phoned me even though she replied saying...‘a member of our priority support team will be in touch shortly’ - that was on 8th October!!! The service provided in the store is good but just wait until something goes wrong....THERE IS NO HOPE!! It’s impossible to get to speak to anyone who can help. Our situation at the moment is stil waiting for a part to come in, when I asked where it was coming from I was told they didn’t know!! It was promised (on 12th July via email) to be with Sofology within 10 weeks, that was almost 14 weeks ago and we are none the wiser!! Cannot get an answer from anyone. So I’ll await for another reply from Scarlett in Social Media Complaints & in the meantime will look at other ways in which to escalate this issue; I’m sure there is some help available."
"Phew - thank the lord I read these comments before placing an order - which I very nearly did."
"If I could give this company zero stars I would have - customer service department does not deserve any!! Absolutely awful after sales service! Every review I am reading on here sounds like what has happened to us. We paid over £3,500 for our sofa and within six months looks like it wont last till the end of the year. We contacted customer service, it took 2 days for someone to finally reply after being told initially “someone will be with you in a couple of minutes” We were asked to forward photos, which we did - then nothing! We left another review and someone from the social media team said they wanted us to contact the, we did and then again NOTHING!!! I am not giving up I am disgusted with how they are treating people that have spent a lot of money with their Company. If I have to stand outside the store we bought it from and tell potential customers as they go in what we have had to deal with I will. *****DO NOT TOUCH WITH A BARGE POLE - DISGUSTING COMPANY WHO WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THEN IGNORE AND DISREGARD THEIR CUSTOMERS AND THE SHODDY WORKMANSHIP THEY PASS OFF AS SOFAS****"
"Please be aware the awful customer aftercare service offer. I paid over £1500 for my sofa. On delivery I was 90% sure the wrong type of cushions arrived. Not only that, there were marked badly. To give Sofology the benefit of the doubt I asked them to re listen to actual sales call when I ordered. I was also advised to send in pictures of the marked cushions. Which I did. I got a shoddy email back saying to markings were normal and to just clean them with my hoover. They never called back about the sales call recording. They then emailed me a few times asking for my ID to give me a copy of the call. I was surprised as why would they need this to listen to to their own call. I was then sent an email saying my case was closed. I was away for weeks working and couldn't find time to deal with this in detail So I emailed back again and the case was reopened by their so called Priority Specialist - Paul M. I emailed back explaining the full picture of the dirty cushions which I believe I didn't order. I also followed up with a call, but he was busy. So I left all the info again with his colleague to pass on. He eventually called me back and was obnoxious, and unhelpful. He opened the call by asking what he could do to help. I asked if he had read my email in full and if not then it would be best to read over the email and call back. He then confirmed he HAD read my email. Yet he called me back like he knew nothing about my case. He then got me to explain the situation again. He then said I would have to keep the cushions! At this point I asked to speak to his line manager. Apparently he doesn't have one, but Sam in his team does the same job as he does on his team.. Apparently Paul and Sam report to the CEO. I ended the call with Paul and tried to get through to HQ - was sent back to same team. I requested to speak to Sam but was told by the team I HAD to deal with Paul. Even though I requested under GDPR for this person not to have access or deal with my account as he was rude, unhelpful and difficult. I am now going to log a complaint to the Furniture Ombudsman. They are quick enough to take your money but want nothing more to do with should you have an issue. Paul has called back since my review and acknowledged he didn't handle my call in the best way. But based on how upset I got they would close my account, collect the sofas and refund my money. He implied I was rude to the team. But what can they expect after being blocked each step of the way, ignored, mis quoted and being given the run around after spending the money I did. There is NO aftercare service here and read the other 1 star reviews, it's not just me"
"Quite frankly one of the poorest customer service experience I've ever had. Verified ORDER Published 09 October 2017 Updated 06 December 2017 Turning into an awful experience. Should have gone elsewhere! Nutshell: Good sales guy but absolutely terrible after sales. You will end up chasing them (on hold for hours) and get nowhere. Reviewing my experience thus far (haven't received the item yet so cannot review this...!) Super friendly staff, not salesy or pushy in any way, knowledgeable, and also really keen to make sure you choose the right sofa. I'd recommend shopping there. Update (29.11.17) - We waited 8 weeks for our 4 seater sofa to arrive. On arrival day, the 2 guys who arrived could not get it into the house. They tried their best, but as they could not speak much English, they couldn't really communicate next steps to me. I called customer service and spoke to Johnny whilst the delivery men were in my house. I told Johnny what was going on, and he suggested I order another sofa with him (there and then on the phone). I said that I would need to speak to my wife about this and that I needed to go and speak to these guys as I can't understand quite what they're saying and would be able to call me back? He said absolutely and promised to call me back at 2pm. In the meantime, the delivery guys offered me a 3 seater sofa which they put in my house.. but it turned out to be another customer's (language barrier). In the end the guys had to leave - leaving me with no sofa and a mountain of hassle. I waited until 3.30pm but no call arrived from Johnny. I called again, waited on hold (again for at least 25 mins each time), spoke to another guy (Mike) who promised to help me.. offered me a few solutions and promised to call me back before 6pm. He did not call me back. He sent me an email and said he tried to call me (I can guarantee that's a lie) and then put in the email my potential next steps - one of which was to order a new sofa. If i didnt respond in 30 days, they'd assume I'm happy with my sofa and I'd have to keep the order - although it wasnt even in my house? (how infuriating). I emailed back instantly and said I am by my phone and he should call me ASAP - but of course nothing happened. So for the THIRD time I had to call them - now amassing about 4 hours of wasted time, and got through to - surprise surprise - Johnny! Johnny refused to acknowledge any blame for not calling me back and said i had to accept some responsibility too. I felt he was unhelpful and didn't show the empathy needed at this stage of my issue. He ordered me a new sofa and advised he'd let me know the next day whether or not the Merchandise team could expedite it. No call ever arrived! No email confirmation came. NOTHING. I even called out to their social media team on Twitter - who were awful. They asked me to DM them - but hadn't followed me. Then they didn't follow up the DM. And once I complained a bit, they DM back stating 'this has already been handled'. No apology or empathy at all. Terrible. 4th call now.. 5 days later. I'm lodging a formal complaint. My sofa status is 'delivered', my finance agreement seems to have kicked in.. and I am sitting on my living room floor. Would I recommend them? NO. I will never ever shop there again. in future I will go to John Lewis or even Ikea! UPDATE (5.12.17) My experience worsens. Someone below advises i'll be contacted in 24 hours as of Monday 4th December. Tue 5th December I receive a miss call and then a text message asking to call their standard number. After sitting in a queue for 20 minutes, wondering WHY sofology had not left a voicemail or followed up with an email, or continued communicating via ZenDesk, OR advising me that they would be calling.. I reach a customer service rep who finds out that the person who asked me to call them.. was now finished for the day (as it was now 4.25 pm). What a joke of a service. Where is the customer service? What part of just service don't they understand? UPDATE (6.12.17) Sofology promised me a call back today, and even confirmed on twitter yesterday. They have since blocked me on twitter and have not called me. What an awful example of a company they are. Please, go on twitter and research 'sofology' and you will find nothing but complaints. The stress continues. AVOID SOFOLOGY. So far I should bill them for 1 days work, as I've spent so many hours on this complaint."
"Ordered our Emporer corner sofa and love seat from Sofology 6 weeks ago. Was told it would be with us between 4-6 weeks, fair enough. Today, our deliver arrives, accept it didn’t, just the love seat, no corner suite. Driver has no knowledge as to where it is albeit it’s on his delivery sheet. I speak to the driver services department which is for the delivery driver (who was questioning on our behalf where our settee was), get told someone will ring me back. Wait an hour and nothing. Driver has left by this time. Use their ‘messenger service’ and ask for customer services to call me back, that message isn’t looked at for over 30 minutes. So I ring the store who I bought it from who tell me that the corner suite had to be reordered for some reason and won’t be delivered for another 3 weeks but no reason as to why. Get told I will get a call back. Eventually ‘eleanor’ who can’t explain to me what has happened but can offer a ‘loan’ settee and will email back letting me know what’s happening. NOTHING, NO UPDATE, NO APOLOGY, NO EXPLANATION. YOU CANNOT GET HOLD OF CUSTOMER SERVICES FOR LOVE NOR MONEY. I AM TRULY AND UTTERLY RAGING RIGHT NOW. PLEASE READ REVIEWS AND DONT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I wish I had read the reviews first. Just won’t be paying the direct debits."
"Please be wary of dealing with this company. Although our experience of the store staff (Manchester White City) was very positive, the after sales support team are an absolute NIGHTMARE. The sofa we ordered, a leather suite consisting of a 2 seater recliner and a 3 seater (costing around £2600) arrived with serious manufacturing defects. Both sofas are visibly misaligned and in different sections rather than in just one area. The seams do not match up and are awry. The rear of the 2 seater is visibly askew. The technician's visit confirmed that there were indeed manufacturing defects in both the sofas. He took several photographs for his report. Since then the company have been bullying me into accepting the sofa subject to repairs. I have repeatedly explained that I ordered a brand new fairly expensive sofa which should have arrived in perfect condition or at worst with minor defects such as a mark or scratch which could be considered for a touch up. The sofa that did arrive was unfit for sale even at fraction of the cost. Given the scale of the faults, any repairs will amount to a refurbishment rather than a repair. As I wasn't interested in buying refurbished furniture, but a new one, I asked several times now for a replacement or outright cancellation and refund. However, the support team are utterly deaf to my requests, and are continuing to force me into accepting the sofa on their terms. I have never before experienced such an atrocious, uncooperative attitude from a major furniture company. On occasion that a problem arose, the companies have been extremely forthcoming in offering replacements with no quibbles. I regret having stepped into this store. It's a mistake I shall not repeat."
"Wouldn’t touch Sofology with a barge pole! After sales service is atrocious. Bought a leather recliner sofa and electric recliner armchair. Sales rep promised the world at point of purchase, but when chair completely flatten, tore underneath and foam disintegrated, Sofology completely wiped their hands of all responsibility, and this despite having a load of hassle immediately after delivery."
"Bought a Morretti leather suite that was almost perfect except that the armchair had been very badly made and one arm didnt match the the other ,very different grades of leather had been used and the underside cover had been ripped exposing cable ties and old bits of wood and loose bolts ,mailed Sofology and just got fobbed off told me to rub the affected arm with a pillow ,how very different the attitude of this company when they have your cash ,they went from warm and friendly to treating me like an idiot,sent many images showing the problem but was passed from pillar to post ,do not buy anything from them there is no after sales just well tained fob off monkeys"
"After very good sales rest of the experience has been an absolute nightmare. We were told our suite was coming on October 3rd between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. My wife changed her working hours and we arranged to have the old sofa collected by a charity. It got to 3.15 p.m and no sign of the suite. After several phone calls to a variety of people ( as we were passed from one person to another) we discover that the wrong sofa was delivered This is the first we have heard of this. My wife has now been on the phone for over an hour. We now have nothing to sit on except for garden chairs and have guests coming on October 12th. Further to my earlier posting someone was supposed to call us after 10 a.m. today about the horrendous cock up Sofology have caused.. It is now 18.55. We called in at Sofology, Cannock where the manager, Raj, could not have been more helpful. He e mailed Sofology and asked someone to contact me or my wife, giving both mobile numbers. We waited, we waited, we waited. No call. My wife called Raj and he let them know we still haven`t had a call. He contacted them again. Still no call. He rang to say he was going home and would get in touch with Sofology in the morning. What sort of company ignores their own employees and their customers ???!!! I did have a response from someone about my earlier posting with an e mail address but what is the point ? Strange that having put a negative review on here there quickly followed lots of positive ones, diluting my comment. Strange that eh ? Save yourself hassle, time and money. Go elsewhere !"
"Wish we had seen these reviews before purchasing. Fed up to the back teeth of chasing Sofology ‘ customer services ‘ haha joke of a department up. Reclining sofas came apart soon after purchase and getting them fixed has been a joke. Engineer came out twice, once unannounced, so we were not in, second time, fixed but soon after broke again. Customer service both by email and phone is an absolute disgrace. They cannot even spell or string together an understandable sentence. I have been told that the recliner is ‘like a jigsaw’, fits back into place but you can still see the lines.?!?!?! There’s an inch gap in between my jigsaw pieces thanks Sofology!!!!!! No matter how nice you think the sofas are in store, and how lovely the sales staff are, do not order from Sofology unless you have nothing better to do with your life than chase up endless repairs! Avoid ! Avoid! Avoid!!!!!!!!"
"AVOID like the plague!!! The worse customer service EVER. Once you have signed on the dotted line, there is no going back. they do not listen, and the policy of customer rights does not sit well with this company. I just wish I had seen this site before buying :("
"I have come across this site only through my experience with a fellini leather settee I purchased 10 months ago from SOFOLOGY. the seating cushion has basically lost all its shape in no time at all, its of very poor quality for that to happen. emailed for support and been in touch with a guy called craig and to my astonishment after viewing the pics I sent him he got back in touch with me saying all it needs is a bit of tlc !! wtf paid 1500 quid and its been in no way misused or abused in anyway for the 11 months I have had it, so for it to end up like the state it is in is very annoying and then to get in touch with SOFOLOGY to be told a bit of tlc will sort it is a insult. I'm left fuming at how much I paid for a settee that is not fit for purpose and to be patronized so this is my one and only experience with this joke of a company- so for any potential buyers out there, be aware that the quality is not just poor but its very poor along with their customer service team pushing it all the way for a dead heat. had I of come across this site before I purchased it , I would of taken onboard all the negative reviews and avoided this sham of a company. take it from me.......JUST AVOID"
"Horrendous experience and shocking quality. Sofas sagged to the point of severe back pain after six weeks and leather Peeling. Promised a repair but took three months to send cushions after which technician failed to show. Further visit arranged but wrong cushions ordered...they are huge and I still have them taking up space after 6months. Ombudsman a waste of time. They go off reports from sofology who surprise surprise say nothing wrong. I had arrogant and patronising call centre staff telling me it's a beautiful piece of furniture and they are only repairing out of goodwill...joke! Eventually they do a repair. Seats still uncomfortable and sagging. I got to see internal quality and it is appalling . No manager call despite requesting for past year . Wood floor damaged during repair which they dispute and basically called me a liar. Do not buy from this company. Overpriced shoddy goods and no customer service."
"I chose the suite of my dreams in March 2018 with the promise the suite could be totally broken down to fit a small entrance. Waited 3months & then donated my old suite! Bare living room - My 1st Delivery got changed, 2nd delivery didn’t turn up, 3rd delivery arrived sofa not broken down, 4th delivery they noticed the corner unit could not break down so took my whole suite back, had to order a totally new unit, got offered a replacement suite, took 5th day off work, delivery failed as they forgot to put replacement on the van, took 6th day off, replacement suite arrived (not broken down) Had to wait another 3 months for new order, that’s 6months waiting & 3 months with no furniture in my living room. New date came for my new sofa, called to confirm that it’ll be broken right down to assemble in the house, The suite arrived NOT broken down & the delivery men left with my suite AGAIN.... it’s been a living HELL!!! An absolute nightmare!"
"Disgusting service & totally incompetent! chose the suite of my dreams in March 2018 with the promise the suite could be totally broken down to fit a small entrance. Waited 3months & then donated my old suite! Bare living room - My 1st Delivery got changed, 2nd delivery didn’t turn up, 3rd delivery arrived sofa not broken down, 4th delivery they noticed the corner unit could not break down so took my whole suite back, had to order a totally new unit, got offered a replacement suite, took 5th day off work, delivery failed as they forgot to put replacement on the van, took 6th day off, replacement suite arrive (not broken down) Had to wait another 3 months for new order, that’s 6months waiting & 3 months with no furniture in my living room. New date came for my new sofa, called to confirm that it’ll be broken right down to assemble in the house, took 7th day off work & the Suite arrived NOT broken down, delivery men said the back won’t come off & left with my suite AGAIN.... it’s been a living HELL!!! An absolute nightmare! Iv never ever experienced this level of total disregard for my loss of earnings & stress. Iv had no furniture ALL SUMMER! It’s just disgusting! Do not order from Sofology unless you have free mentalhealth after care!"
Sofology is rated 1.18 based on 104 reviews