Sofology Reviews

10% of reviewers recommend Sofology

How would you rate Sofology ?

"Zero out of five. AVOID - STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT USE SOFOLOGY After the nice sales people sold me down the river I have had nothing but problems ever since. Just like all the poor reviews that Ive since discovered. It started with them admitting that someone changed the delivery address on the system so a days holiday wasted. Had to wait another 3 weeks and when the sofas finally arrived, they were badly damaged, the arms was crushed and dirty, there were at least 9 flaws in the fabric, on the arms,the cushions, fault lines the full length of both bases. The stitching was coming away and there was even a long hair sewn in on the base just a few inches away from the "quality control"signature. Then the real problems started, trying to get Sofology and the customer service teams to respond and when they did, in a satisfactory way. Ive even had the social media team respond to my poor Trust Pilot review, and still nothing! Today, I got another response to what becoming a hideously long saga ( I'm going through Resolver and keeping everything documented) only to be told the parts would be 6-8 weeks ( parts = fabric and a side cushion) and 2 months post delivery. I could have had 2 new sofas in that time. At one point, due to all the time spent looking, then chasing delivery cock ups, time off to accept delivery x 2 days, more chasing etc etc I was actually willing to have a "repair" job if it meant it was quick and efficient. I would however have expected a reduction in price given I would have ended up with 2 re-furbished Sofas and not 2 brand new ones which I paid £2500 for ( almost all of both sofas would have required new fabric and re-upholstered) And like one of the comments on here, dont go for the 3 year insurance at over £350 and worthless. What I received was nothing like the shops, someone suggested the manufacturers were in Eastern Europe which could account for why it takes two months for a cushion and fabric for the technician to then "work wonders" I was told I would be "amazed at what technicians can do" when I said that both entire sofas would need to be re-covered. I wont bore you with the farce where they lost me in the system and claimed to not realise I had any outstanding issues until I threatened to report them for Misuse to "Resolver" when they closed to close my case, the case I created in Resolver. So now I've just been told that the repairs will take another two months minimum. ( I placed my order in March) They hadn't responded for 9 days until today ( perhaps so that more delays will take me outside the 30 day return policy?) They haven't even tried to come to an amicable or satisfactory resolution or discussed a price reduction or compensation on all the time I've had to spend on this sorry saga. ( 3 months to date and they want me to wait another 6-8 weeks. I just want sofas that aren't rubbish and move on. Even writing this review is more time but I feel strongly that people should be made aware of this awful company and don't make the mistake that I did) The customer services team seem to think its OK spending thousands of pounds on shoddy sofas and then expect you to wait another 2 months to get some fabric for a technician who may or may not be able to make it look like the one in the showroom in Reading. ( "we will be in contact when the parts are received estimated 6-8 weeks") So I have already gone to the Furniture Ombudsman and have now written to Sofology again, formally requesting a refund quoting the Consumer Rights Act ie Goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. None of which are true or accurate. So now more hassle and time. I will probably have to issue a claim against Sofology in the county court based on previous responses or lack of ( the legal option on the house insurance is proving money well spent) I have a new job and had to relocate, all a bit stressful as it is but who knew trying to put a living room together and just function would be this difficult. (I didn't know until I started experiencing delivery problems that Sofology were bought out by DFS) I will have to start the whole process again, and battle to get my money back from Sofology no doubt. They could have managed my situation much better than they have, they didnt recognise they were pushing on an open door (terrible customer services team and that includes the so called social media team who respond to reviews on social media but dont actually do anything after that), but anyone considering buying furniture from this company do yourself a favour and dont take the risk. A lot of the good reviews on Trust Pilot are based on the sales experience and not Sofology as a whole ( after you place your order, the salesman says although they are not on commission, they do need good reviews. When the review request comes in , it isn't clear that its for Trust Pilot so be aware if you are asked to complete a survey) Finally, if anyone knows where to get a decent sofa at a decent price, with a decent customer services team if things do go wrong, I'd love to know."
"The staff in the shops are excellent. Its after that the problems start. The sofa was delivered the men unpacked it and set it down. It looked ok. When a neighbour came in she said it looked lopsided. We turned it on its back and one of the legs had been over screwed on and was splintered all the way round and was shorter than the other one. We were given no paperwork when we bought the sofa and no delivery note with an order number on it. The online system takes forever using bots and is a waste of time. The phone number we eventually found says everything postdelivery has to be dealt with online. I have never known such a dreadful system implemented by a company. It is designed to make it as hard as possible to get through to anyone. Avoid these clowns at all costs. I wish we had never gone there."
"Was about to buy a sofa from these as they have the size and style i wanted. Thanks for this site i will go elsewhere. Seems the company need to sort their service before i would bother with this nightmare"
Jenny Harries
Verified Reviewer
"I bought a leather sofa and colour started to come of 3 weeks later. Having 4 repairs we got credit note and new sofa.The wrong cushions sent I paid for sofa shield no paperwork sent. I have tried chat and e mail can't get answer. The customer service is awful. How do I speak to someone?"
"AVOID THIS COMPANY.. Ordered a new leather suite from Sofology paid the delivery charge have waited 16 weeks for someone to contact regarding delivery of the new sofas and found that if you want to have it delivered on a Saturday it's an extra £30 for the privilege not once was this charge mentioned instore and it is not in the delivery terms and conditions on their website, have spoken to our local store and they're not interested, neither is anyone on the end of either the telephone or live chat!!, left a poor review on another site and hey presto a message appeared to send contact details and the escalation team would be in touch within 48 hours and guess what it's 6 days later and still nothing..and to top everything off we received an email yesterday stating that they now can not deliver on our chosen date( something to do with the vessel the shipment is on) and we have to wait an extra week before they can get it to us.. Sofology your customer service is DIABOLICAL you are disinterested in anything that involves you having to actually listen and sort out your paying customers issues and frustrations, it would be ZERO stars if that was an option..."
"Surprise surprise !!! No response or resolution after 4 weeks or initial contact!! take heed all potential customers Published 3 days ago Updated 48 hours ago absolutely shocking customer service absolutely shocking customer service. no telephone number available to speak to a human being. all now done via email so they don't have to reply to you. initially very pleased although when i was sold the suite was told (as they advertise) the sales people do not get commission, but was asked when its delivered can you go on trust pilot and give me a 5 star rating then i will get my commission. when we were sold the sofas we were told you dont have to worry about measuring your door as the arms come off. the delivery guys not very happy about taking arms off so had to go through my neighbours garden and lift both our fence panels to get in the back of our house treading mud through my kitchen. after about 3 months the arm on one of the sofas sounded like cardboard when you touched it and felt like it, very flimsy. after spending £3500 i was very disappointed. my last sofa cost me £650 and was built much better. reported to sofology and was transferred to home serve. they came and repaired the problem only to go even worse after another 2 months. home serve came out again to repair it i said i dont want it repaired as it is even worse than before, i want the arm replacing, well within my rights to ask for replacement arm ( not whole sofa). was told sofology will get back to me once they have received home serve report. 2 weeks later no reply. tried to call all numbers on website no reply. had to visit store where purchased to be told by the manager nothing they can do they only take the money. he emailed the escalation team supposed to respond within 48 hours. another 2 weeks no reply. emailed again to be told complaint now with priority team and reply within 72 hours. another week and half later still no reply. the phone number for the priority team just rings out for half an hour at a time. spoke to the finance company to be told they will get involved if problem not sorted after 8 weeks. spoke to the store again to be told if you want any action you need to write a poor review on trust pilot as someone has to respond within 48 hours. if i ever treated my customers this way i would expect to go out of business. YET AGAIN SOFOLOGY WHAT A COP OUT NO RESOLUTION JUST ANOTHER EMAIL SAYING GET BACK TO ME Sofology Reply from Sofology Published 3 days ago Hi Mrs Petford I am sorry to hear about your experience so far. Please can you send me your order details so I can look into this further for you? My email address is social.media.complaints@sofology.co.uk Many thanks Will"
"Published 3 days ago Updated 48 hours ago absolutely shocking customer service absolutely shocking customer service. no telephone number available to speak to a human being. all now done via email so they don't have to reply to you. initially very pleased although when i was sold the suite was told (as they advertise) the sales people do not get commission, but was asked when its delivered can you go on trust pilot and give me a 5 star rating then i will get my commission. when we were sold the sofas we were told you dont have to worry about measuring your door as the arms come off. the delivery guys not very happy about taking arms off so had to go through my neighbours garden and lift both our fence panels to get in the back of our house treading mud through my kitchen. after about 3 months the arm on one of the sofas sounded like cardboard when you touched it and felt like it, very flimsy. after spending £3500 i was very disappointed. my last sofa cost me £650 and was built much better. reported to sofology and was transferred to home serve. they came and repaired the problem only to go even worse after another 2 months. home serve came out again to repair it i said i dont want it repaired as it is even worse than before, i want the arm replacing, well within my rights to ask for replacement arm ( not whole sofa). was told sofology will get back to me once they have received home serve report. 2 weeks later no reply. tried to call all numbers on website no reply. had to visit store where purchased to be told by the manager nothing they can do they only take the money. he emailed the escalation team supposed to respond within 48 hours. another 2 weeks no reply. emailed again to be told complaint now with priority team and reply within 72 hours. another week and half later still no reply. the phone number for the priority team just rings out for half an hour at a time. spoke to the finance company to be told they will get involved if problem not sorted after 8 weeks. spoke to the store again to be told if you want any action you need to write a poor review on trust pilot as someone has to respond within 48 hours. if i ever treated my customers this way i would expect to go out of business. YET AGAIN SOFOLOGY WHAT A COP OUT NO RESOLUTION JUST ANOTHER EMAIL SAYING GET BACK TO ME Sofology Reply from Sofology Published 3 days ago Hi Mrs Petford I am sorry to hear about your experience so far. Please can you send me your order details so I can look into this further for you? My email address is social.media.complaints@sofology.co.uk Many thanks Will"
"Ordered a sofa which came In March 2018 after 2 Months a button came off and was told a service visit will take place when I book it in by ringing up and Ive currently sat on hold for 50 minutes no answer all I can say is rubbish!!!"
Kat Harper
"Ordered two sofas for Sofology after ordering one from them a few years ago. As they were from different ranges they arrived separately - first delivery was quick and excellent, the second was terrible and like something from a horrible comedy - think Dumb and Dumber and the Chuckle Brothers - if we hadn't been there to mirco manage them and do most of the work ourselves, I dread to think of the damage they could have done. It's made me extremely wary of buying from them again as I never want dangerous idiots like that in my home again. Unbelievable."
"Ordered from Sofology over the Web ex display set, great sales over the phone, great delivery guys (if not over priced @ £75:00). The suite should have been inspected prior to delivery, it wasn't. The back was broken and never got in our house, it was reported back to Customer Service by the delivery guys, we then had a stream of emails from the Customer Service department with little or no information. No Phone numbers on the website, Web chat waited over an hour then gave up after a few emails they sent a number 01942 463 019 then later on express customer service number 03444 81 80 32 when we canceled the order both numbers over an hour waiting. In short worst customer service every which you won't find out about until you have a problem like us."
"After reading the reviews below we will not be going too sofology,"
Angela Allen
Verified Reviewer
"Damage was caused to my ceiling during delivery. Despite using several means to complain over the past 4 weeks, no one has addressed my complaint or spoken to me. You get a standard email response stating they will respond in 48 or 72 hours, no one responds. I have never experienced such poor customer service and I want to ensure as many people as possible are aware of this. Avoid this company."
"0 out of 5. Leather quality appalling...looks like I have had it 10 years despite it being six months old. Cushions failed so we are practically sitting on the floor. Two repair visits booked which they didn't show up to after which told wrong parts ordered. Have to have 5 seats repaired in my own home customer service appalling, contact centre a joke and still waiting to speak to a manager after six months. Ombudsmen also pointless insisting I have to have repair. If this company had any credibility they would attempt a resolution to customers satisfaction but they simply don't care. Prices 4x that if competitors.. the latter of whom provide superior quality and customer service. I am an extremely tolerant buyer who never complains. Be warned."
"IF I could give no stars I would. We have had 3 sofas from them, all faulty and now they have removed the customer service telephone line so you cannot get any help at all. We have emailed over and again and nobody responds. In the end we had to get the Furniture Ombudsman involved and they agreed to collect the sofa and refund us. They have collected the furniture but guess what - no refund has appeared!"
"Very poor customer services, been waiting since January 2018 for a resolve, still have two sofas that we are paying for that are of a below satisfactory standard!"
"Waited over 4 months for what I thought were bespoke design sofas turned out to be wrong design which didn’t fit in the room and when spoke to customer services I was more or less told tough they were the sofas I ordered and I have to live with that. Absolutely shambolic service and attitude towards customers. Definitely will not be recommending in fact will tell anyone looking for sofas to avoid this company."
Gillian Mason
Verified Reviewer
"Everything worse service I have ever had. Ordered sofa over 9 weeks was due for delivery 4 weeks after ordering to be there was a problem was the it would be delivered 2 weeks later took a days holiday van turned up but the sofa wasn't on the van drivers didn't know where it was phoned customer service to be told sofa,was in London. After this was promised sofa would be delivered 12th may. Was sent email to say it was coming. Day came and went still no sofa phoned them again to be told part of my sofa had been delivered to another customer in London. They have now had to reorder the sofa and don't know when my new one arrive. All this time I have been sitting on bean bags.. I've phoned and emailed them so many times I am so stressed out by it all. I asked that their finance department call me as except some form of compensation. Still nothing"
William Kewley
Unverified Reviewer
"Purchased a leather 3 seater (Brown) and a rise/recliner chair, not cheap Where you head touches back of chair , the colour is being lost, leaving an obvious fault. Reported to Sofology , they asked for photos despite us being almost on top of the store. We explained as we are 76 years old and not aufait with doing photos over internet,could someone call. they simply sent an email saying case is closed. My daughter bought 2 sofas from DFS and there was a small problem, they sent someone immediately and problem was resolved quickly. The problem with sofology is they have no support staff or facilities for doing repairs, they only have salesmen and clerical staff. Our sofa and chair - frames made in USA, leather comes from Italy and whole thing assembled in Far East then put in a container and sent to UK. So no manufacturing facility in UK Do not use sofology"
"Sofa was poor quality and legs fell off"
"Sofology sent me a damaged sofa... and some brown paint I made an order with Sofology and was told it would be a 14 week wait for the sofa. After 14 weeks I was not contacted at all and had to chase them to get it delivered. When the sofa was delivered there was damage to the right side. I was told to contact Sofology support, which I did immediately. I was told by Sofology that a "technician" would contact me to resolve the issue. Again, no contact from the "technician". Instead, a day later, Sofology sent a small bottle of brown paint to me by post. The sofa is not discoloured, it is damaged. I made this very clear several times to them. I paid over £1000 for a brand new, leather sofa. After a 14 week wait they have sent me damaged goods and instead of arranging for a replacement they just fling some paint my way and then continue to ignore my support requests. This is after the incident that happened below with assuring me the sofa would fit (and it didnt)"
Sofology is rated 1.47 based on 30 reviews