Sofology Reviews

1 New Reviews Written
1 New Reviews Written
6PM
6PM

About Sofology: Sofology - Leather & fabric sofas, sofa beds, corner suites in hundreds of exclusive designs at low prices Feel at home on a sofa you love with UK

Categories:
B2C
E-commerce
Furniture
Retail

Tell us how Sofology made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Customer service
Returns & Refunds
Refunds process
Difficult
"Appalling customer service and poor quality. Bought a 2 seat, 3 seat, armchair and footstool in Jan 17, in two years they've been out three times, twice for poor support in cushions and lastly for two spring ends that came through the fabric on armchair causing holes and sharp ends. They sent out a subcontractor who was not impressed with Sofology overall, he made a half decent but not adequate repair but failed to make good the holes. I contact Sofology customer services who have asked for nearly £150 on material and labour to address the holes..... DO NOT BUY.... high priced low quality toot.... In 40 years of being a home owner its the worst suite we have ever bought, and we've had at least 8 or 9 in those years..."
Posted 1 hour ago
Are you Sofology? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Ordered the 4 seater recliner laurence sofa and recliner chair. Arrived as expected 17th december. We went on holiday 20th december and home 5th january. By 10th january the seats had dipped ridiculously low. Emailed customer service and advised to send photos. Duly sent photos showing the dips in the 2 recliner seats compared to the middle section which was still ok. Received an unbelievably patronising email telling me that this is what leather does, apparently, the seats dip and the leather pools and stretches. Then proceeded to advise me of the 10 minutes of maintenance I should do to the seats every day to keep leather looking good and sorting the foam out and said from the photos they can tell the seats are fine, i need to do the maintenance and therefore there is no complaint to answer, so the complaint was closed! With my blood boiling, i replied that at 47 years old, i have owned various leather sofas and i could assure them that that level of dipping and pooling is NOT normal after 7 days of sitting on them - not normal of seats of half decent quality anyway. I advised them That i certainly didnt consider the matter closed and suggested they get someone to ring me. I got a phone call the next day, and again got bombarded with ‘advice’ on various methods of maintenance that they still insist is normal and thats what all the stores do to all their sofas. Really? 10 minutes on each sofa, every day? One of the worst things any company can do is treat their customers like they are stupid. An appointment for an independent engineer was made. He came, was very nice but said all he can do is check the frame and springs aren’t broken as that is all they consider manufacturing faults. We all know its a quality issue not a manufacturing fault. He said that whereas in the past, the seats were made of decent depth of foam, sofology now employ a method of way less foam and then wrap it in something that bulks the seats up for when you first get them but then sinks immediately. All down to cost savings, obviously- despite paying over £3500 for the sofa and chair. I think that deserves the full amount of foam!! So, we’re stuck with the sofa - but will never, ever use this company again. No wonder they have to change their name every few years, as they appear on Watchdog all the time. Unfortunately i didnt know this until it was too late."
"Baught a really nice sofa set and is really good quality !"
"Our sofa is dangerous and falling apart, I and others cannot sit on it without our backs breaking, the leather and build quality are appalling and customer service non existent, 3 month into the comaint, and nothing has happened and now I am having to waste more of my time having another tech out. Devastated. Don't not use them."
"Suite 13 months old. Leather started pealing off. Technician came to inspect and said it was due to sweat. This is mentioned when buying suite. So if you buy a leather suite from them don’t sweat on it. Won’t ever buy anything from these thieves again. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone else."
"After 3 months sofa sagging so bad it's too uncomfortable to use. They send out someone after weeks of complaining who said he can't find anything wrong but he bodged some extra foam in it anyway. Now it's even worse an customer service are so rude and refuse to act. Avoid these up off merchants and don't be fooled like I was with their telly ads. They sell poor quality Chinese rubbish and then ignore you."
"I bought a suite of furniture including three chairs, two sofas and a footstool. I have had the sofas two years and the leather has broken down into creases which then deteriorated further and now looks like flaking leather scratches. I believe the leather was sub standard. Sofology have offered me a reduction of £69.00 towards the costly repair they have offered me. I am appalled with their customer aftercare service and would want to warn future customers."
"Very very poor quality. Terrible post purchase service. They have my money. Tough luck that sofa is very poorly made. Avoid at all costs."
"Absolutely appauling customer service after being advised not to accept delivery of damaged & soaking wet furniture by the delivery men! We expected to be called immediately & with an apology,, no this has not been the case! Hours spent on hold then being past from pillow to post, aggorant attitude from customer & techincal services teams, lies & endless discussions resulting in £50 compensation being offered on a sofa which they are charging us thousands for & they expected us to take delivery of & wait 6-8 weeks for someone to come & look at the damaged furniture ,, ?? I don’t think so! So many high expectations having received exceptional customer services in the Preston store,, to now be left without a sofa & having to wait for our deposit to be returned to us :-( which I can imagine won’t be a straightforward process!"
"Do not buy a Sofology sofa, they are cheaply made and incredibly uncomfortable. We bought the Salisbury corner sofa and it gives me backache to sit on. The cushions are made with cheap foam in the seats and overstuffed fibre filled back cushions. Customer services couldn't care less. I would never buy from here ever again."
"Took delivery of Linoso 3 seater, Snuggle chair and footstool on feb 4th. Will try to keep this brief as I could go on for ever 😩 1. Sofa seat cushions did not match, the footstool was thrown together, overall poor quality, delivery men damaged the wooden frames and feet ramming it through the lounge door which also got damaged! Reported seat cushions straight away. 2. Worse than that, extremely strong chemical oudour. It made my husband’s head itch, but I reacted worse, with coughing, burning skin, blister on my bottom lip, hives and flu symptoms. 3. Nothing I did ( including having both lounge widows wide open, with fans blowing the fumes out for 72 hours, in feb! ) reduced the chemical presence in the room. Gave up trying to sit on it after a week as I was becoming more and more unwell. Closed my lounge up. 4. Diabolical customer services, none of the staff have any authority to deal with the problem!! Endless hours waiting on hold, talking to god knows how many different people. 5. Service chap came on Feb 28, this problem had been escalated I might add, and he agreed thankfully that it needed to be removed from my home. 6. Finally got removal of toxic furniture March 8. Removal men commented on the strong chemical smell, then proceeded to treat it with no care what so ever, the footstool was turned upside down in the road to be wrapped, no dust sheet! I commented on this, they said they don’t care about it now, it will go to the service depot to be sold at auction!! I cannot believe they would sell this furniture on, some poor soul will be getting more than they bargained for, I do hope they don’t have children. I rang customer services again, as I was worried about getting my refund if the furniture was damaged further on its way back. So, this Saga took 5 weeks, after giving the lounge another 48 hour airing, I am able to use the room. We have no furniture till the new suite arrives, another 6-8weeks , but we have taken our custom to a small local reputable retailer . Do not shop at Sofology, your furniture will likely be of poor quality and the stress involved in resolving the issue is not worth it. If you have purchased faulty goods from here, demand a refund immediately. You are entitled by law to a 30 day cooling off period, tell them it’s not fit for purpose. Make it clear that this is your wish. There is also the office of fair trading and ombudsman to help you. Reading these dreadful reviews I count myself extremely lucky to have got a refund at all and I can’t help wondering if delay tactics were used so I missed the legal timeframe! I have read the reviews on all the big furniture stores and they are all terrible if you have a problem, buyer beware!"
"please please stay clear of buying a sofa from this company. I have a sofa with a manufacturing fault which sofology. have accepted is a manufacturing fault, however they are reluctant to treat us fairly. Our only option is to chose a sofa that does not meet our needs and we are being pressured to settle with them... shocking!!!! Wish there was an option to leave no star review"
"Please be aware that Sofaology do not take responsibility for customer concerns when expensive leather furniture deriorates after two years. I believe the leather in the four panels was sub standard as I would expect leather sofas to last for more than two years and be able to deal with people sitting on the sofas. !! I would not use Sofalogy again."
"Avoid!!!! We paid over £200 for accidental damage to insure our £3,500 suite. We put a claim in for as the leather had discoloured in a fingernail size patch, technician came to look and 5 days later got a letter saying they won't be fixing it. Absolute joke and will spread the word about this rip off company."
"After sales customer care is appaling...don't sign for your sofa unless you are 100% happy with it as they do not care about your concerns once they have your money. Very patronising responses to emails and concerns, terrible customer service department."
"Purchased a Heritage recliner sofa. After a short time the recliner seats are sagging and pooling. The seats sink excessively in use and are uncomfortable to sit on for any length of time. The quality of upholstery not what we were expecting having tested showroom sofa. After sales support is dismissive and patronising with a refusal to accept that we have a problem. Had a visit from an ‘independent’ technician who concluded that if nothing is actually broken then there is nothing to fix! Regret ever going to Sofology. Would advise potential customers to avoid"
"Sofology are crooks. Stay away. Spend your money elsewhere"
"So took 2 months for them to send me 2 items I did not order. 6 weeks later of terrible customer service they finally accept responsibility and offer a pathetic 180 compensation. Which we declined. They are now picking up the sofa in 2 weeks and full refund. What a waste of time and can’t recommend enough to stay away from sofology. One of, if not the worst retail experiences I’ve had."
"Simply the worst customer service ever. A small summary... ordered a sofa 5 weeks ago. Had my text through today and email giving me a time slot for delivery tomorrow. Arranged with family for my old sofa to be removed in time for tomorrow. Receive a phone call 2.5 hours later stating that I need to ring them. Rang and spoke to 3 different service people. The first one stated I should still have my single arm chair delivered but the 4 seater wouldn’t be arriving and couldn’t confirm why not. Second phone call I got told the sofa would need reordering and this may take 5 weeks and then I got hung up on. Phone call number 3... I got told that the sofa might be here on Friday but might not and I might know by the end of the working day tomorrow but he wasn’t sure. I then spoke to a guy who rang me back who also wasn’t sure about my delivery or when it would arrive. I went To the MK store and a manager rang sofology customer services. He also got hung up on and then for 37 minutes tried to find out about my order and got no where also. To the point where I cancelled my order. For sofolofy to then try and refuse to give me a refund for the deposit. After pointing out the breach in your terms and conditions and the fact you hadn’t kept me up to date I now have no sofa in my house... a sitting room decorated to match the new sofa that I am now not having... a delivery date that was tomorrow yet no one could confirm when the delivery would actually happen... diabolical customer service... and concerns that had I accepted the delivery (whenever that may have been) not only could this issue continue with delivery but also if there were any issues with the sofa... the customer service would have been terrible and that’s a huge risk for a £3.5 thousand pound sofa and chair. So thanks to sofolofy I have no sofa... so me and my son will be sitting on the floor for the rest of the week and weekend and for however long it takes to sort a new one. A sitting room decorated to match said sofa... and to be fair I’m absolutely livid."
"Went in the preston store and approached as soon as I entered. I informed the lady I was just looking. She persisted in telling me she does not take any commission from sale. Waking around the store this very annoying and rude lady continued to follow and comment on everything my mum and I was saying to each other. I ended up walking out. Genuinely looking to purchase a new sofa for my new house but certainly will not be going back. This lady lost you a sale."
Sofology is rated 1.21 based on 263 reviews