Sofology Reviews

6% of reviewers recommend Sofology
10AM
10AM

About Sofology: Sofology - Leather & fabric sofas, sofa beds, corner suites in hundreds of exclusive designs at low prices Feel at home on a sofa you love with UK

Categories:
B2C
E-commerce
Furniture
Retail

Tell us how Sofology made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Difficult
returns process
Could Be Better
LA
"Only 5% of customers would re-shop with Sofology, this is a shocking but very true statistic. If my experience is testament to this fact I would estimate this business is heading for failure in the very near future in a challenging retail market. I can’t stress enough to potential customers DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I am going to find it hard to articulate into a brief statement the utterly unbelievable experience and current situation I am experiencing with this company. Firstly, I ordered a sofa in March in store which when delivered and opened I realised was not the correct sofa. While I accept I made the final decision on sizing the dimensions written down from a store personnel on my initial visit to the store were different to that of the ordered sofa. As a fair consumer I took responsibility for this error paid £500+ to amend the sofa and re ordered a new one. After waiting nearly 8 x weeks my new sofa was due to be delivered, which was when the nightmare begun. I was contacted a day before the sofa was delivered from the customer service team to advise the supplier had manufactured the wrong sofa in the wrong size. I then experienced appalling customer service trying to resolve this issue to no avail. My query was not followed up in a timely manner and I was forced to ring and chase for an update on numerous occasions. I found all communication un-professionally managed and more concerning I was advised the customer service team don’t have any senior managers and no one available every time I called to discuss this at a more senior level. I understand how manufacturing and buying works as this is my line of profession and everything about Sofology concerns me following all of my touchpoints. One alarming concern for all consumers to think about, if a customer service team don’t have any senior management and are completely isolated from the wider business then there is a bigger problem with the infrastructure of this business than I initially thought- or are these just lies? A new sofa was then ordered in a different colour as they no longer made the sofa I initially ordered and I agreed to wait another 10 weeks. The worst part of this experience however, despite being contacted by the customer service team the day before my delivery was due I was woken at 7.35am on the Saturday morning by the delivery driving attempting to deliver a sofa that I knew was not loaded onto the van. He was rude and completely disregarded my feelings that this was simply not acceptable. I had to advise he went and checked the van for the sofa and call me back to confirm. This highlights the utter dis-jointment this business has within its infrastructure and must be wasting significant amounts of money through all channels. Another 7 weeks passed by and finally, the sofa was due to be delivered today or not! I opened the door to a delivery driver who was not friendly advising they didn’t have my sofa on the van. I thought this was a joke. He quickly told me I should have been contacted by customer services yesterday as the supplier has not sent the entire sofa and left in a hurry. The driver advised customer service would ring me as a matter of urgency. An hour later I had not received a call so I called the customer service team to find out exactly what had happened and what solution they had in place for me to finally get the sofa I had ordered nearly 7 months earlier. As per my previous experience I was told the customer service team were unable to contact the supplier or team who work with the suppliers and I could only re-order a new sofa with a minimum of 10 x weeks wait. When I suggested numerous solutions I was told, ‘we can only email other parts of the businesses and cant telephone’ and they simply disregarded my solutions or the company’s failings for the third time. I then called up at 5.30pm this evening to discuss in more detail if any actions had been taken as no one had got back to me from 9.45am and was told there was nothing that could be done. I either ordered a new sofa and waited or requested a re-fund. The customer service team had no possible solutions or support available to help me. This is shockingly unacceptable and once again I was unable to discuss this at a more senior level. I asked if the supplier could be contacted or the buying team to discuss this and again told this was not an option. Lastly, think about this if a multimillion pound company the size of sofology cant contact their suppliers regarding manufacturing issues they have made it is portraying that this supplier is not adequate and more worryingly it highlights another major concern in terms of quality of sourcing. These suppliers should be audited for compliance and quality on a regular basis. Reading other reviews about this business and discussing with colleagues, friends and family it shows this is not an isolated incident and in fact is happening a lot. I will spend more time again tomorrow in an attempt to resolve this but I think my only option as it will be nearly 9 months until I get another sofa is to source from a more reliable, adequate retailer as I can risk a fourth mistake."
Are you Sofology? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"We very nearly spent £1000’s at our local store after very professional no pressure service. Thanks to these reviews we didn’t. The real problem is where can you go? Most, if not all of the national furniture retailers seem to have similarly shocking reviews."
"Totally agree with the other reviews, the £2500 corner suite we chose in the showroom (Gateshead Metrocentre) looked really well made and felt very comfortable. The one we received does not look the same quality- leather is full of crinkles and mis-shaped and the seat cushioning appears to be sagging (we even paid extra to upgrade the leather). I questioned the crinkles on the sofa during delivery/inspection and was told they would ‘fall out’ as it was just how it had been stored......this has not been the case. 100% I wouldn’t buy from them again, I don’t know what the situation is with a DFS merger/buy out but i’d be wary, I’ve had sofas in the past from DFS and they have been ok, not great but certainly better than sofology, I’ve also had sofas from SCS which in my experience were the better of the 3."
"Absolutely as bad as their reviews suggest . We paid £4500 for a Laurence set and after one year the leather is peeling . Sofology say I have to pay to get it repaired . I’m taking legal action . Their customer service is diabolical . They take your money and then you’re on your own ."
"Well we ordered our new leather sofas we were happy with the colour and the choice that we made so we gave them the order we had to wait 12 weeks for the sofas to be made and delivered we received delivery of the sofas noticing that one of the softer the metalwork was all bent We was advised not to use the sofa after weeks passing I call them lots of times to come to the decision that we had to wait 12 weeks for the sofa to be fixed so ordered new sofas and at to wait 24 weeks to sit on them They were quick to get my money And then everything changed I don’t believe my sofas are as good as the ones that we seen in store My opinion spend your money somewhere else they will appreciate it a lot more than Sofology They did offer me £50 compensation what a joke"
"purchased a sofa and was advised it didn't need any maintenance to keep it looking good apart from the odd clean. The sofa i sat on in the store was firm and didn't leave any seating marks ( puddling) after i sat on it, was encouraged to purchase a high grade thicker lever to ensure it didn't stretch and misshape. The first time i sat on the sofa it was all crinkly, i called them and the said i was responsible for the choice of the sofa, when i said i chose that sofa based on their salesmans guidance they said it was still my choice ( consumer law would take a different view) Anyway after hours on the phone and insisting they escalate it they offered me a deal on a different sofa as long as i made a contribution.....i asked for a sofa that wouldn't crinkle or my money back and they read their script and say go back to the store for advice, thats the same store that misled me in the first place, they have zero customer service and not interested in you once they take your money, none of my previous leather sofas looked as bad after 5 years than the sofology sofa after 5 minutes"
"purchased new suite after two months folds appeared making the suite look aged prematurely. Complained about it and suggestion i had to dress my suite with patting and spreading seat fabric after every use. see sofology youtube video. Never heard so much rubbish however an engineer from sofology came out he reported no fault didnt advise if folds and ageing natural or my lack of maintenance caused it. We were not advised at point of purchase or delivery daily or all the time maintenance had to be carried or would not have bought ( theres a suprise) . Now onto furniture ombudsman to sort as customer care non existent with them. out"
"What you see in store is not what you get delivered."
"Was just about to purchase the Persian suit with 2 love chairs 55000 but certainly won't now after reading these terrible reviews."
"Insurance misled very expensive and seems to cover nothing. Suite is bobbly, poor quality. When you try to claime there is always an excuse why your not covered"
"The staff in the store were great, the sofa we ordered looked top quality. The uphostery tight, top quality leather with every section conecting up perfectly with no gaps all stitching in perfect alignment. Just what we wanted, a quality sofa built to last and cope with the rough and tumble of our two and a half year old twins. This all backed up with the promises and insurances peddled by the sales staff, after all, she has the "very same piece of furniture". What we got, ill fitting carcase loosly wrapped in what feels like inferior quality leather, that is puddling at the seating areas straight after our very first seat on the sofa. All this for just over £3500. So after two days of owning this disaster of a couch Sofology have sent out a technician to try fix these isuses. Needs striped back and reupholstered was his judgment, and he has 35 years experiance in the upholstory trade. My judgment after a very short time as a sofology customer is that it needs sending back and our substantial deposit returned ASAP so as we can buy a superior quality sofa 2nd hand from Gumtree until we can find a sofa from a manufacturer we feel we can trust to supply us with the quality piece of furniture we expect. My advise to those thinking of buying a sofology couch is do your homework, read every review you can and shop around. We did this, we spent over 3 months looking for the right sofa and still got it wrong! For those that may not know, Sofology and DFS are the same company or owned by the same company. Edit in reply to response from owner: We have alread been in contact with your customer services, just waiting for you to get the report from your technician before you can deal with this frustrating and indeed upsetting mess. This honest review is simply to help others make an informed decision before embarking on a journey with yourselves. I Haven't even touched on the distressing leg of our trip inbetween ordering and the arival of this awfully constructed mess. Safe travels everyone. Edit after a phone call from Sofology: Fristly thank you for your agreement of a full refund and collection of this sofa in seven days. Secondly im angered at the extra distress caused by saying to my wife all you could offer would be a credit note. Why would you think we would ever consider buying another sofa from you after what you first sent out is beyond me? At least you have faced up and accepted the fact that your product is not up to standard and will be refunding us, I thank you for the prompt decision. This doesn't make up for the fact that we will now be without a sofa for the interim or that you have had our hard earned cash in the form of our substantial deposit for around three months resulting in loss of interest on our part but we will just have to put that down to experience. So to sum up, an interesting little trip with Sofology. Not my ideal travelling companions but they have put there hands up and have dealt with this experience ok. Those reading this know how I feel about being a customer of Sofology again but its your cash, spend it as you see fit. Update... Sofa was collected last Saturday its now Friday 6th Sept 2019 and we still haven't been refunded our £1000 deposit which you have had for around three months adding interest to your account and not ours!! Where is our refund, you stated 3-5 working days (it was a simpe bank transfer from our account to yours when we placed our order, no reason it shouldn't have been transferred back on Monday 2nd. In my view this is paramount to theft. Another six days in your account instead of ours. Terrible company!"
"AVOID AVOID AVOID. I HAVE LODGED A FORMAL COMPLAINT AS TO THE FACT THAT THE COMPANY COULD NOT AND DID NOT DELIVER MY SOFA WITHIN 10 WEEKS AS PER THEIR CONTRACT OF SALE. Complaint letter: 0n 4th July, I ordered the sofa in the Croydon store and had confirmation that my order had been placed on 5th July 2019. Store employee Kareem Beaton was very helpful. As I had measured my access in advance, he ensured the order had a clear note for the Warehouse that said “Breakdown fully for delivery”.   Kareem assured me that the note he had placed on my order from DAY 1 would ensure that Warehouse and Delivery team would NOT bring the sofa in one piece. It would be brought in pieces to be assembled on site. He also assured me that Marmont sofa arms and back were completely removable and the Warehouse would be disassembling it without damage to the actual sofa.   On the delivery date 31st August, having waited for 8 weeks and had my delivery date pushed back due to delays to my order (according to your Home delivery team), the delivery/installation team brought the sofa assembled in one piece .The sofa would NOT go through my living room door as I had already measured and spoken to Kareem about it. THE POINT WITH THE NOTE “BREAKDOWN FULLY FOR DELIVERY” WAS TO ENSURE THAT THE SOFA DID NOT COME IN ONE PIECE SO DELIVERY COULD BE MADE. See attached picture of sofa as evidence.   The Delivery/Installation team told me they can rip up my sofa with a knife and remove the black mesh cover that had been stapled to the body of the sofa. To do so they would use a household metal screwdriver and could not guarantee that the sofa would be free of damage. The Delivery/Installation team also explained that sofas arms and backs, which need to be disassembled prior to delivery, are removed in the warehouse as they have plastic tools that will not damage the actual sofa during disassembly.   I notified your customer service immediately, whilst the delivery team was still on site. The customer services team confirmed that the sofa should NOT have come in ONE PIECE!   I did not accept the order of the sofa and subsequently had a call from your Delivery team trying to arrange a redelivery. But they wanted to redeliver the sofa in the same state, i.e. in one piece for the delivery team to “carve up my sofa on my front drive”. This is unacceptable!! This is NOT A CHEAP SOFA! I do not expect to have my sofa delivered in any other condition that NEW AND PRISTINE.   I spoke to your Croydon store again today (31st Aug) and they were shocked to hear that the Delivery team had suggested to cut the mesh with a knife and remove staples with a metal screwdriver. Your Croydon store confirmed that the note they had left on the order would mean that the sofa is disassembled in warehouse with the correct tools!! Otherwise it would damage my sofa!   Your Delivery team has told me that a report will be sent to your Depot manager, who will investigate. I expect a call from your delivery team. The response: Upon receipt of this complaint the escalation team (Craig Bathgate) offered me 3 options: 1. Wait ANOTHER 8-10 weeks for a like to like replacement as cannot guarantee a delivery date at all but most likely in line with the original order. This is totally unacceptable with only a measly £100 as cash back when the order was over £1k. I am LITERALLY SITTING ON THE FLOOR IN MY LIVING ROOM AND AS PER SALE/CONTRACT YOU WOULD DELIVER THE SOFA WITHIN 10 WEEKS NOT 20 WEEKS. 2. get a credit note and buy another sofa and £100 cashback. This is not suitable as no other sofa range fits in space and access restrictions hence why I spent 2h in store with Kareem) 3.get full refund of my money/complete order (incl delivery charge). This is my legal right so I expect this and have requested it. Now Sofology wont pay me my money back until they have picked up the footstol (which was delivered). The kicker is that they want me to stay at Home A FULL DAY waiting on their delivery team to pick up something they should have delivered correctly in the first place and inconvenience me even further. Sofology shame on you... for not being reasonvale and come and pick up the item when I am available. I will take this further up the chain of complaint...but for you as a customer I recommend just AVOID AVOID AVOID."
"Don't waste your money or time. poor experience from start to finish. Will never again purchase from them."
"The most vile company i have ever dealt with, they just speak over you, they lie to you, they make up things. Even worse, they are damn right rude to you on the phone. Quick to take money, not so quick or bothered to correct a problem. AVOID Very poor experience, they messed up the order and delivery date, were really rather rude about it. Spent many hours on the telephone as they couldn’t get anything right. They then lost the order. Spoke on live chat, they refused to do anything as they only take orders. Just a poor experience."
"Horrendous reviews, how could I possibly buy a sofa from this company now, I have just after months of research decided on a lovely set of leather sofas from Sofology and thought i'd check the reviews, I'm so disappointed. I was greeted buy a charming sales assistant who made me feel that I was making a good choice in the 3 x 2 sofas i'd chosen, I'm so glad that you have all warned me to stay clear and spend my hard earned money elsewhere. Which seems challenging, so many BAD reviews. Thankyou all for your honesty."
"Beware ! Sofas delivered are not same quality as in store ! Sold my 2 Parker knolls to make room for new sofas wish I hadn’t as both new sofas are poor quality 3k wasted ! Customer service not interested"
"Ordered sofa yesterday afternoon from Thurrock. Had a very friendly man take our order. Could not do enough for us. Sadly we had to cancel order this morning for personal reasons. Went back into store to cancel order. What a change in attitude said no way could he do anything just ring customer services and that's if they let you cancel order. What a change I now believe all the other reviews very nice whilst taking your money but couldn't care less once order has been taken. Disgusting attitude. Be fully aware before you enter the Thurrock store. We did in fact have our money returned after trying to fob me off with a credit note! Quoting the consumer act seemed to get their attention."
"Awful company don’t buy anything from them, my order been ongoing for 2 months, wrong items delivered and incomplete you have to do all the calling because the store says they can’t do anything. POOR customer services"
"Really disappointed with Sofology. Tried to order a sofa directly via the website & online ordering and was given different pricing. The communication was poor and I was treated with disdain when I queried the additional costs. There is a lack of transparency with pricing and shocking customer service. Avoid."
"When you buy a pair of sofas for 2500 with best insurance you ask Certain questions and they promis you youell be covered for that then your happy to buy big blag I had a cheap slight accident £35 to fix but insurysaid that part of the sofa is not covered if you insure Sofa it should be said it’s only partly coverd six weeks it took me to repair my sofa at my cost so I said I was missold my insurance and I was fobbed off so small claims they think you will not bother to make a fuss rats they are"
Sofology is rated 1.26 based on 370 reviews