Sofology Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Sofology
2 New Reviews Written
9PM
9PM

About Sofology: Sofology - Leather & fabric sofas, sofa beds, corner suites in hundreds of exclusive designs at low prices Feel at home on a sofa you love with UK

Categories:
B2C
E-commerce
Furniture
Retail

Tell us how Sofology made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over a month
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Over a week
customer service
"Customer services do not exist the donor reply to emails either very bad thought they were going to improve there device since complaints of tv but no still bad"
Are you Sofology? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Sofology receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Not a happy customer Over a week ago was expecting my sofa to be delivered. My husband has had to work away this week and would not normally leave me on my own for a week. He had arranged for me to visit my daughter so I wouldn’t be on my own When I had the text message from yourselves telling me you would be coming tomorrow I arrange to go tomorrow after you delivered my sofa. In preparation for the sofa to fit in our living room my husband got rid of it on Sunday as I wouldn’t be able to move it as I am disabled. Today you have cancelled the delivery because someone sent it to the wrong depot this is not my fault. You can deliver it on Thursday which is no use to me as I’m going to my daughters and have to have the delivery next Tuesday and I have nothing to sit on only my bed which is fab till next Tuesday You stated in your text to me if I didn’t receive it tomorrow I couldn’t have it till after Xmas but you can do it next week We had to pay £99 for delivery as we were up here but this is not our fault and we have made arrangements because of your confirmation of delivery tomorrow I am not at all happy with this at all and my husband who is away is appalled that when he comes home on Saturday we have no furniture to sit on Thanks A very unhappy customer"
"Sofa came heavily damaged and have taken over 5 days (each day spending 45mins to hour) waiting for someone to answer customer service. Very unsatisfying."
"I wish I watched Watchdog before we bought. They are very good at spending money on the shopfront and advertising but as soon as they have your money it all falls apart. The sofa is damaged, the customer service is awful, when you get in contact they fob you off with automated responses! They even know their own service and product is so bad that they have created templated email responses ready and waiting for your complaint! We had penciled marks around defects that they knew about, sent it anyway and told us in an automated response that its a sign of authenticity! Buy a sofa elsewhere and be warned."
"We received our sofa and matching footstool that we ordered in Thurrock store. We did not see the footstool as wasn't on in store at the time, but were told and shown measurements and were happy with that. Everything was delivered ok and the sofa is very comfortable, however the footstool is higher than the sofa, making it very uncomfortable to sit with our feet up. I have just got off the phone with Steven Bell from the thurrock store who told me his one in store (and as per internet) is 38cm high. Our one is 40.5cm high, the wooden feet alone standing at 5cm. I had contacted sofology several times and was told that did not count as a defect and the sizing is not always accurate. Nowhere does it say this on their website, in store or on our forms. I finally unscrewed the 4 feet myself and it is now lower than the sofa which is more comfortable. However it slides as no longer has feet on it and apparently sofology thinks this is suitable! DO NOT BUY unless you make them sign a contract saying they will delivery EXACTLY what you ordered. This is awful and upsetting and a total waste of money!!!!"
"My sofa was delivered damaged , my floor was scratched , it’s been over a week still no one has called me back and still unable to get through to anyone to make them aware, very very disappointed"
"OK, here's my experience - sofa arrived with some superficial damage, but Sofology sent out an upholsterer who sorted it. Very happy with my sofa and would recommend. I was terrified to read all the negative reviews after ordering and my own experience implies some QC issues, but the sofa is really good."
"We found the perfect sofa and chair for around £4500 and were just about to sign on the dotted line but after reading the reviews in here there is no way I’m buying from them.Thank you all for your reviews and saving me from the same fate."
"Not even worth one star. The sales team were very quick to sell us the product and advised changing our address prior to delivery would be a ‘simple phone call’. After more than three hours on the phone over a week the team admitted this wasn’t the case and it would need to go through multiple systems to approve and so delivery would be delayed. Eventually the address change went through and delivery was booked. I took the day off to ensure this situation was resolved and got a text on the day saying that they would have to cancel as the suite was in the incorrect depot. So no one had noticed this until mid morning of the day itself?! Apparently it will take one week to transfer the suite to the correct depot so now awaiting delivery on 15th but I am not holding my breath and now concerned regarding the quality of the product after reading the other reviews. As a comparison we purchased our other suite from DFS on the same day and had excellent service. It was delivered efficiently and professionally and have been enjoying the sofa for weeks now with no hassle at all. Unsurpsingly the sofology complaints team aren’t even acknowledging emails either. Avoid at all costs!"
"Why do I have to give ONE star? They are not worth even one. Delivery delayed until after Christmas but we have already disposed of our old suite in anticipation of the promised delivery. Asked the salesman at the time where it is manufactured, he said UK, turns out it is China and the transport delay is the problem. Cancelled and ordered from DFS (made in UK). Wasted hours calling their call centre about deposit refund, was on hold last night for 68 minutes 22 seconds!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!"
"Hi @Sofology @SofologyHelp I’m absolutely disgusted, after ordering a sofa and chairs for Xmas (in mid October) I had a call yesterday to da they wouldn’t be delivered in time for Xmas?!! Would you say this was acceptable?!!"
"To whom it may concern; I would like to lodge a formal complaint against my order 2219087/1 placed on 08.09.2018 with Sofology. Despite the original 6-8 weeks advised upon purchase, a total of 12 weeks has passed. Whilst I’m aware things can be slightly delayed, this time frame is simply not acceptable, and moreover the way in which this was dealt with was completely unsatisfactory. My online dashboard originally informed me I should expect the delivery within 10 weeks, (already surpassing the original timeframe), which I could accept. However, upon contacting customer service myself, I was then informed I’d be waiting until the start of December. As you can expect I was disheartened by the delay, but more so that I was having to chase your company myself. This level of customer service is beyond poor and unacceptable, in particular for a purchase of such high value! After my first complaint, and further nagging, I was provided with a rental sofa on 6.11.2018. This sofa can just about accommodate two people, (hardly comparable to our purchased sofa that exceeds eight feet). As a family of four, this rental sofa was virtually pointless. Low and behold a delivery date was finally confirmed and myself and my partner scheduled the day off work to sit and wait. Upon arrival, the delivery contractor could see the sofa would not fit in the lift; something the rental sofa delivery drivers should have previously noted. He proceeded to have a look at the stairs, to which he claimed were 5 floors above ground level. We are on floor 3, in an easily accessible apartment, via a wide set of stairs. For your driver to say he wasn’t happy to deliver the sofa due to its value is quite simply ludicrous, when that is the sole purpose of his job. This, to us, seemed like complete laziness, and just another display of negligence from your company and contracted staff. We are now given yet another delivery date, 28.11.18. Another day booked off work to await a delivery; which unsurprisingly failed to show. The time slot of 7:30-10:30 is far exceeded and I receive a text at 1:30 to inform me of yet another failed attempt. By now I have lost all faith in even receiving this sofa! Upon more wasted time chasing your customer service department, I receive one final delivery date, 8 days beyond this point. As you can imagine I was not willing to accept this, fortunately after a little persuasion this was brought forward to 30.11.12. On the day, of course, there was a 1.5-hour delay. After a 12 week wait, and 5 mishaps, we have received our sofa. As much as I can appreciate there are far greater problems in the world, myself and my partner have felt nothing but stress throughout this buying experience, not to mention the disruption it has caused our family of four. When you’re £4,500 out of pocket and your two young children have been sat on the floor for 3 months, it is not something you are willing to brush under the carpet! And you sent me the wrong coloured feet……. Further from this, I would like to request a partial refund, at the very minimum equal to the value of the lost hours myself and my partner need to try and recoup after having our time wasted, not once, but twice by your delivery staff. We are in no position to be losing this kind of money, especially around Christmas, and after spending such a large amount of money with yourselves! As you can imagine, any form of discount or voucher is most certainly insufficient as we can safely say we will be avoiding this company at all costs from here onwards. I’ll eagerly wait for your solution to such a terrible, unsatisfactory buying experience."
"The in store experience was great . The delivery & after sale service was appalling . Would NOT recommend to anybody ."
"I purchased the Linara 4 seater sofa from Sofology and after 3 months of light use we had to complain as the seats had sunk and the sofa looked terrible. When I contacted Sofology I was told not to worry at all as this is normal, and that as it’s leather the material stretches so just tuck it in down the back of the sofa! I wrote back immediately and said that this is an unacceptable response and I shouldn’t have to pay that amount of money to tuck my sofa in at night. They wrote back and said a technician can attend to see if there is anything wrong with the sofa. The technician walked in and immediately said I take it you have an issue with the seats as they look awful. Sofology contacted me after this visit and said that they will be replacing the filling of the seats and the leather covering as they have had an issue with all the Linara sofas provided by their supplier and will be doing this under warranty and that their other customers have been happy with this change over the past few months. I then asked Sofology why they lied to me and tried to get me to go away when they knew there was a product issue with this sofa. I have written to Sofology 4 times now and they are not responding. Funny how once they’ve been found out, they go silent! Why was there not a product recall? Why did they tell me the issue was normal and not to worry? My trust has completely gone with this company and I’d warn others to think twice about using them. £1,700 for a saggy sofa! Not acceptable!"
"The quality of the sofas that we bought is terrible, I asked for a refund as soon as we took delivery! We’ve now bought another sofa and put the Sofology one into storage. Do not buy from Sofology!"
"We have the Hendrix fabric sofa from sofology. What we saw in the shop was more fluffier than what we got. Pillows are alway flat. There are not enough fillings inside. It’s been only 7months and the feathers are already started to come out. If you call customer service they have only one reply maintain it every day. Also the footstool I got the leg is loose. They said they will change the leg but it’s been 7month and I m still waiting. Worst customer service ever."
"Finally a website that shows a true reflection of Sofologys hideous service. I had not one faulty sofa but two in a 12month period. I had to get my finance agreement to get my refund as they point blank refused even though the independent technician said it was a manufacturing fault! I'm trying to keep a long story short to! This has taken me 6months to solve the most recent sofa. No apology for the terrible service no compensation. I emailed CEO only two individuals apparently deal with the escalations. One of which tried to fob me off with a car anaolgy and the other one the so called manager needs some serious Customer Service training. Please please please save your money and go to a more deserving company that will look after their customers."
"Stay away from this company sofa cushions flat poor quality foam packing in clumps unable to sit in any comfort causing back problem told by customer services that it was normal and to puff up the cushions letting the air to flow through and I was the only one to have these problem. The sofa looks demolished and they basically don’t want to know it’s only just over one year old and not fit for use we are at our wits end with this company no one wants to know save your money"
"Sofology need to reduce their advertising budget and increase their customer service budget! I have now been waiting on the phone for well over half an hour! Just listening to repeated messages stating "we'll be with you an a moment". Unexceptable. DO NOT BUY FROM SOFOLOGY - After they take your money at lightening speed, they no longer want to know. I have never dealt with such an appalling company. WARNING! Stay clear of SOFOLOGY"
"The sofa was unacceptable, sagging and losing shape after 2 months. Fabric was covered in bobbles. Customer service is zero woth Sofology, so condescending and actually hung up on me after me being on the phone for 45 minutes. Very upset with my experience with sofology."
Sofology is rated 1.22 based on 178 reviews