Slaters Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Slaters
07AM
7AM

Tell us how Slaters made you happy

"Great service"
Are you Slaters? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback Slaters receives. Reply Free
"Hired a kilt for my son. Initially quite happy with the service as all the details were taken and paid for over 2 months in advance. Received an e-mail when the items came in. Went to the shop to pick them up and although I was being served by someone who looked fairly busy and wasn't giving me much attention I still managed to satisfy myself that everything fitted OK. Wasn't overly enamoured by the condition of the shirt and shoes received but after we washed and ironed the shirt and polished the shoes they were acceptable. It was when I returned the outfit that I ran in to bother. Firstly, it took the staff (And this was the departmental manager) over 5 minutes to find my paperwork. When they did they then told me that the belt for the kilt was missing. I replied that I hadn't received a belt and had not ordered one - My son was wearing the waistcoat and had no need for a belt. I was told by the department manager that it should have been in the bag. I replied that it wasn't and could 100% guarantee that I had not received it. At this point all the departmental manager could do was to keep reiterating that there should have been a belt and I would have to pay for it. No amount of assurances for me would suffice nor did he offer to look in to the matter. All he could say was that it was marked off in their paperwork. Incidentally, this was paperwork that I had not seen before and consisted of a checklist of items, I certainly had not been given that or been asked to sign out items. In a very busy shop in front of customers and my son I was being treated like a thief and a liar. No matter what I said the departmental manager continued to look sideways at me and continue with telling me I would need to pay. At one point he even said that he lived nearby me and he could drive round and pick up the belt!! Again, absolutely astonished by his behaviour. I was eventually asked to sign my paperwork and I made a point of signing that I was being forced to sign for the lack of a belt that I had not received. I have been shopping in Slater's for over 30 years and would never have thought about going elsewhere for shirts, ties or suits, but I'm afraid now that I will no longer give them any custom and I would advise anyone to steer clear and/or at least double check every item that you are booking out."
"Brilliant suit selection, service is fab and have been very accommodating with the bridal party during alterations that were required."
"Good quality produce, excellent in store service."
"they all so smart when you go in allways willing to help and friendly atmosphere. great value for money"
"When you go in the store the staff are amazing and listen to your requirements. I’ve lost weight so needed a new suit. Measured and fitted quickly so one happy customer."
"Recently bought a brand new 3 piece suit from slaters warehouse clearance in uddingston - Great service, Great quality suit and free alterations!"
"They supplied a suit for my sons prom , it was out of stock in my local branch so they had one sent next day delivery to my home from Glasgow for no extra charge and also tailored it for free .. Amazing place with fab customer services"
"Fast Delivery! Great Quality range in stock for all occasions, ages, and budgets. Can get delivery or collect in-store."
"Incredibly helpful staff and reasonably priced high quality clothing. Good especially for the bigger gentleman, sticking a lot of clothes and shoes into the bigger sizes. 10/10 would recommend"
"Good customer service, member of staff followed me thru out my shopping making sure I'm fine"
Slaters is rated 4.55 based on 11 reviews