SilkFred Reviews

of reviewers recommend SilkFred
Email, Live Chat
6 - 12 Hours
Read SilkFred Reviews

Tell us how SilkFred made you happy
Very disappointing response .. or rather lack of .. to my emails which I sent in the first instance on 5 January .. i would like to hear from someone with the intention to resolve this ASAP please
Down side is that you've got to pay for returns i wont be using silkfred until thats resolved. Thankyou
We are working on it, watch this space :) Tamsin @ SilkFred
Awful returns policy!! Not happy with this company at all! Purchased items for my wife’s Christmas present on the 27th November, ordered early due to covid delivery times. Turns out that some of the items are too small. Tried to return and was told that I hadn’t told them within 14 days of purchase and the Christmas returns policy doesn’t apply because it was ordered before the 1st December! How could I didn’t know until Christmas Day! So I am penalised for doing my Christmas shopping early! I don’t even care if I get credit for the website but there’s no point in keeping the items which are too smalland it wasn’t cheap at over £100. Is this how they make money? Refusing refunds and keeping people’s money! What a terrible company!
I am so sorry to read this Neil and would like to look into this further for you. Please can you email your details to faye@silkfred.com so I can investigate, as I understand above, you have only just fallen out of our return period?- Faye, SF team x
Loved my dress but was disappointed with the top I ordered . Also it was a pain having to return the item bus your returns policy . It's put me off ordering again.
Hey Lisa, I totally understand. We agree our returns procedure isn't the best and we are working on huge changes to it so watch this space :) Tamsin @ SilkFred
Clothes were of a really poor quality and fit. No size information can be found on their website so you have to take a chance that the sizes are true (I found they weren’t). To send the items back they have to go to different addresses meaning that you have additional postage costs which aren’t reimbursed. I wouldn’t use them again.
Faulty item received and now silkfred will not answer my emails regarding refund. Ordered item. Came faulty. Got returns label and sent recorded delivery. Tried to email them to ask for an update and it's been radio silence. I sent 3 emails and facebook messenger and still nothing. When it comes to asking questions before ordering they are so eager to respond and do so within an hour. Then they've got your money so they don't bother. I'll be contacting my credit card company and trading standards. DO NOT ORDER FROM SILKFRED. It's just too much hassle, get cheap rubbish and most importantly you lose your hard earned money. This is totally unacceptable. I want my email answered and my money back.
Never will i ever use or recommend Silk Fred again!!! Disgusting customer service! After ordering over £100 worth of items i decided to keep one item and return the rest. i have sent all items back by Post Office i can see that the items have been signed for at Silk Fred. When contacting customer service i eventually got through after many attempts. Once eventually getting through i have been told that each individual item needs a return label. I was not aware of this but i did bag up each item individually inside so it is quite clear which is which. Silk Fred have refunded me for one item only and the rest of the items .. which total up to £100 have gone missing. I have proof that someone at Silk Fred has signed for them so whoever that is knows where the other items are. i highly recommend NOT to use Silk Fred as if you have any issues no one gets back to you!!
Hi there, I am so sorry to read this. As a website for independent brands, items are shipped from and returned to the brands direct. We do state this on our returns page and at checkout. It is also on the instructions on the returns label. You will of course get your refund, please do not worry about that, however we have to get the items to the correct locations for the returns to be processed. As soon as we have sent them on and they are received, you will be refunded. Thanks, Tamsin @ SilkFred
Do wish I’d read these reviews before I placed my order with SilkFred so regretting I didn’t I’m in to my 5th day of waiting for my order.. I’m a bit concerned that there only seems to be Tamsin working for customer service…!!
Hi there, please be assured we do have a team working really hard to come back to all emails asap. Please do let me know if there is anything I can help you with. Tamsin @ SilkFred
My order never arrived from Royal Mail, customer services replied quickly and told me they would be in touch with Royal Mail. However I have heard nothing now and I’m getting really fed up with this. The event I needed it for has been and gone and it’s been 11 days since I first contacted you and I was told it was take 7 days to resolve. Give me my money back please it’s such a shoddy way to deal with customers.
Hi Lyndsey, I am so sorry to read this. I have looked into your order and can see a refund has now been processed for you. If you need anymore help please do let me know. Thanks, Tamsin @ SilkFred
I missed the 14 day window to get a return form but emailed them within the 28 days return to ask for a form and return my items in time. I couldn’t do this earlier as I was isolating after coming in contact with a covid positive person so there was no way I could go and return things. SilkFred is using this technical loop hole and telling me I am too late to return the items. I repeat, had I been able to get the return forms the day I emailed them, I would’ve been able to return the clothing within the time period. However they have such poor customer service and don’t care that even within covid times and are using a technicality in their policy. There is no way I would’ve been able to go and return the items during my isolation period. I am so disappointed that any company would treat its customers like that. people are trying to help one another during these times. Their return process is so complicated and hard, esp for being an online retailer they should simplify the process.
Hi there, I am so sorry to read this. Due to the current situation, we have extended our returns period to 60 days, however you do need to request a return on your account within 14 days. We do understand people will be isolating, which is why we ask for the request just to be made online. We are always here to help, if you ever have any questions regarding returns do get in touch. Thanks, Tamsin @ SilkFred
Love the choice of clothes, good service always
SilkFred have a great selection of fashionable clothing which are great for occasion events, I recently purchase items for a wedding!
So lovely to read, we do have lots of lovely dresses for weddings! - Tamsin @ SilkFred
Ordered a shirt and a dress at full price, dress arrived and when I opened it it was filthy, smelly and creased. There were make up stains on front of dress. Clearly been used before and then shipped back out to me. Gross. Aside from this, the dress was poor quality and very cheaply made. Shirt didn't arrive and still waiting for that. First and last time ordering from SilkFred!
Hi Frances, I really am sorry to read this. I would like to put it right. Please can you confirm your order number for me? - Tamsin @ Silkfred
Ordered several items enticed by free delivery... Only what Silkfred doesn't tell you is that you have to send each item back to its own manufacturers at your own cost. In my case it cost £13.80 to returns goods I didn't want!!! Don't be fooled by this company!
Do not order from here. Ordered a dress for a wedding, paid the additional postage (£4.99) to receive it as next day delivery and it hasn’t even been shipped yet. Cannot get hold of anyone to provide me with an update as to whether it will arrive in time for the wedding and so I’ve spent £55 for an outfit that may not arrive. It’s absolutely appalling - don’t waste your money, there are other better websites online. They said they are really busy dealing with customers but it’s essentially a poor business model. They’ll take your money but then cannot deliver the service. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.
Hi Zoe, I am so sorry to read this. We are really busy at the moment but working really hard to get back to everyone asap. If you haven't had a response to your email, please email hello@silkfred.com FAO Tamsin and I will ensure this is sorted for you. Thanks, Tamsin @ SilkFred
Such a waste of money. I ordered 2 items, a dress that has nothing to do with the pictures or what they promote on social media however I decided to keep it as it fitting and it was a decent material and a very overpriced shirt that it is way too small that I could not return because they told me it smells like perfume(something made up only so I don't get a refund) so now I am stuck with something I can't wear or sell as the price is just ridiculous. I order most of my clothes online, I always try it on and send them back the next day if it doesn't fit, never had an issue with any other company.
Hey Georgina, I am sorry to read that your order arrived as was not as expected. Have you contacted us regarding this? With regards to your return, we do check all returns when they are received and if the item does not meet the return t&c's, it will not be accepted. If you could confirm your order number for me, I can look into this further. Thanks, Tamsin @ SilkFred
I've waited over 3 weeks for my refund and Silkfreed can seem to care and keep telling me to contact my bank who tell me no refunds been issued. Worse experience I've ever had retuning clothes, I wouldn't trust them with my money again..
Hi Lucy, can you confirm your order details so we can get this looked into? Thanks, Tamsin @ SilkFred
15 days since I placed my order and two days since contacting customer services... no delivery and no contact. I ordered a few things from Silkfred a couple of years ago without issue so I'm quite disappointed. I do hope this is just a glitch and not the future of their service.
Hi there, I am so sorry to read this. I am sure that this has now been sorted however if it hasn't please do let me know. Thanks, Tamsin @ SilkFred
I am really disappointed with my first purchase. I bought several items, they looked nice on the photos but when it arrived - it is just overpriced cheap stuff you could find on a Chinese market for the quarter of the price. Clothes made out of cheap synthetic materials, received jewellery already turning black...will be returning everything and hope will see my money back.
Hi Linda, I really am sorry to read you feel this way. You will of course receive your money back once you return the items. I did reply to your review on Trustpilot asking if you could email us over some more feedback so we can look into this further. If you could, I would like to help you more with this. Thanks, Tamsin @ SilkFred
Excellent service