Royds Withy King Solicitors Reviews

73 Reviews

enquiries@roydswithyking.com

Katrina W
Verified Buyer

I cannot thank Mark Hambleton of Royds, Withy, King solicitors enough for looking after my interests after being kicked by a horse which caused serious injury to my back resulting in me having to take over a year of work and being on medication that made me depressed and miserable. Mark took on the case even though I had approached other solicitors that said I had no case. I found Mark through the internet and he listened to everything that had happened and took on the case. Mark guided me with help from social security and rehabilitation. He was professional, compassionate and fought my corner in every way resulting in a substantial payment which has allowed my to start my life again.
Katrina Walton
Tim W
Verified Reviewer

Poor communication. Poor service. Only interested in getting job done and getting paid. Not interested in looking out for customer. You put your trust in a professional but I won't ever again with this firm. Shame as we had previously done business together successfully. Also when complained were over a wk beyond their own deadline in replying.
Antony M
Verified Buyer

Good listeners, good communication, good advice
Coby M
Verified Reviewer

I recently faced a very challenging situation with my employer and approached Royds Withy King for advice and assistance. Matthew Hendra professionally took command of the situation and his legal advice and personal involvement in the matter gave me confidence that the proposed approach was both legally sound and prudent. Challenging a large, global corporation requires a great deal of knowledge, experience and guts. Matthew performed exceptionally well and achieved a better than expected outcome and settlement. The unique difference (in my experience), is that Matthew really cares about his clients. I can strongly
recommend Matthew Hendra and his professional legal team at Royds Withy King Solicitors.
Elizabeth D
Verified Buyer

Having recently dealt with Matthew Hendra at Withy King Solicitors I have to say how
I immediatley felt at ease with Matthew and his P.A'S,
Throughout the 2 months dealing with Matthew I was kept informed every step of the way.
I would not hestitate to recommend Matthew or the company.
I would like to thank you for all your hard work.
Many Thanks
Liz Dobbs
Anne A
Verified Reviewer

Matthew Hendra gave us excellent service and advice which enabled us to avoid the stress and anxiety that an Employment Tribunal under unfair / constructive dismissal would certainly have brought. Matthews excellent negotiation skills gained over 90% compensation that could have been awarded at a tribunal without any of the hassle.
Helen P
Verified Buyer

I first had contact almost 2 years ago to assist me when I was being made redundant when my Employer's were not following due process. Matthew Hendra did an excellent job in advising me and acting on my behalf ensuring that I received an acceptable and much improved financial package in the form of a severance agreement. The way in which this matter was dealt with meant I left the Company in a civil and amiable manner.
Matthew was then contacted by me and my late best Friend (J) who was being treated unfairly by her employers who were trying to dismiss her owing to her illness (cancer). Again Matthew did a fantastic job in supporting J and the end result was that the company admitted the error of their ways allowing J to secure both her employment rights and also for her Husband and 2 Sons to 'benefit' from her death in service payment when she sadly lost her fight on 6th December 2016. Throughout this very difficult and tragic case, Matthew provided an extremely professional yet compassionate approach to both me as her representative and to Julia who appreciated this much needed support. When the case was concluded - J said it had lifted a weight from her shoulders and for that I along with Julia's family will be forever grateful to Matthew for his fantastic efforts.
I have no hesitation in recommending your Company based on the excellent service provided to date.
Karen J
Verified Buyer

I received a highly Professional service where the solicitor Matthew what's incredibly helpful and understanding of my difficult situation. He listened carefully, knew exactly how I was feeling and able to articulate this very clearly back to me when sometimes I struggled to explain myself clearly. I felt he knew exactly what I was going through and his advice was very clear and consise helping me make a clear decision on how to proceed.

He gained a swift resolution to the situation at work.

I can't thank him enough. Matthew came highly recommended to me via a fellow colleague and I can see why. He is an asset to your business and I have no hesitation in recommending his services to others.
Unverified Reviewer
Unverified Reviewer

each time we went to court they put a replacement barrister as our original legal had to go to another case
They had no knowledge of my case and didn't provide support

They also got the information discussed in court wrong - which resulted in it being to late to amend
I wish I went with my gut and gone to another first after the first month
Hi,

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We would appreciate it if you could provide us with more information so we can track down your case and investigate it further. Please would you be able to email enquiries@roydswithyking.com with:

- The main contact that you dealt with
- Any other information about your experience

In your email, please also reference your review on reviews.co.uk.

Many Thanks,

The Royds Withy King Client Care Team
Malcolm W
Verified Buyer

Excellent service throughout a frustrating sale (our buyer's buyer pulled out and we had to start again). Polite, punctual, and very helpful. Our purchase went through very quickly as there was no chain involved. Particular thanks to Ms Claire Barwick and her team for all their hard work on our behalf. I would certainly use them again and recommend them to others.
Verified Buyer

From my initial enquiry by phone onwards the help that I received from Pip and her employment team colleagues was excellent. Everyone was approachable, knowledgeable, professional, pragmatic, and also kind, which was really important in what I found to be a difficult and challenging scenario. Everything was explained clearly and communicated promptly. I couldn't have hoped for a better outcome or for more considerate and helpful representation to achieve it. I'm immensely grateful. Thank you
Verified Buyer

The team at Royds Withy King who handled the sale of our property and the purchase of a new property were excellent. They were very efficient, helpful and friendly.
Robert W
Verified Buyer

Great communication and kept me up to dated throughout. They even chased third party solicitors for me and pushed through my case when up against a tight deadline rather than just telling me to do it myself. I dealt with Kimberley and her team in residential property at the Bath office and even on the odd occasion that she wasn't in the office someone else was able to get me an answer rather than wait. On the odd occasion I had to drop some paperwork off I was always well greeted at reception.

Will recommend to others.
Richard C
Verified Reviewer

It would appear that there is a common theme running through the negative reviews of Withy King and that would appear to be the case for my own review of their performance during the 2 years it took them to administrate my late mother’s estate. This was a quite straight forward estate to administrate but given the common themes in the reviews i.e slow to respond, having to repeatedly prompt for responses etc then they may explain why it took them so long to deal with the estate. Perhaps efficiency isn’t one of the first qualities that come to mind when thinking of Solicitors but the firm that dealt with my Brother-in-law’s mother’s estate and the firm that dealt with drawing up the Will for myself and partner were efficient so Withy King, it seems at least in our family’s experience, put earnings before efficiency. They were the firm of choice for my mother many years ago when her Will was first drawn up but that firm was a different beast before they were ‘bought out’ by ?this firm. ?I wouldn't recommend Withy King.
Dear Mr Chandler-Jones,

We are very sorry to read about the service you received from Withy King. It certainly does not sound like it is representative of the excellent client service that we continually aim to provide to our clients. Please be assured that this complaint will be investigated fully. In due course, we will be notifying the head of department about your experience and will be in touch with you directly to find out more.

Regards,

The Withy King Client Care Team
T G
Verified Reviewer

To start with a very professional service was provided in dealing with my late grandmother's estate, however, as time went on, communication dropped significantly, we were very much kept in the dark for a number of months about how proceedings were going, During meetings we were consistently treated with a total lack of respect, my dad was 'threatened' with loosing the house left to him in the will, on more than one occasion we were laughed at during meeting when we were trying to get a valid and serious point across, and ultimately they avoided the questions we had and failed to answer them in an acceptable manner, I am now glad this is almost over, I will specifically avoid any future dealings with wilthy king (specifically the Swindon branch), and will suggest my family & friends do so also.
Dear T Gibbs,

We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention and we’re very sorry to hear about the poor experience you had with the firm during a difficult time. Your experience certainly does not sound representative of the excellent client service that we aim to provide. In sensitive matters, it is very important to us that we always take an empathetic approach and we’re sorry to read that you were treated insensitively. We will, therefore, be notifying the head of department and be in touch with you in due course so that we can investigate further.

Regards,

The Withy King Client Care Team
Neil M
Verified Reviewer

Excellent professional service, dealt with our requirements in a very efficient way
Katerina
Verified Reviewer

Withy King Solicitors provide an excellent service. I am very happy with their work as my case was successful at the end. This is a super-professional assistance.
Jane C
Verified Buyer

Having now dealt with 2 branches of Withy King I am thoroughly impressed with the efficient and totally professional service I have received. But I think what stands out most is the friendly personable staff who made what was a difficult time so much easier to deal with. The advice I have received was clear, sound and at all times I felt that they were only ever acting in my best interest. Neither of my cases were straightforward but they took so much time and care in 'unscrambling' everything so that I fully understood what was going on at all times. This was a huge comfort to me. I would not hesitate in recommending Sharon MacDonald or Karen Snook who both have the same down to earth nature, but more importantly a very welcome sense of humour which can be so rare in this field. By the time my matters were concluded I felt that I had 2 good friends who I would happily add to my guest list for a good night out! Thank you both for your expertise, empathy and for your unique approach and care for your clients.
Jane
Esther N
Verified Buyer

I received excellent advice, I had regular communication so that I knew what was going on each step of the way and a quick resolution was accomplished.

I am extremely happy with the service I received.
Lynn E
Verified Buyer

Overall I found the experience easy and it ran smoothly. I did however feel at times my case was forgotten about and I had to chase a couple of times.
Royds Withy King Solicitors is rated 4.75 based on 73 reviews