Wimdu Reviews

10AM

-, - United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Wimdu ?

"I paid the studio in London hosted by Tara: 176 Commercial Road. The host was never there, they did not leave the key inside the keybox, Tara's husband was there and did not allow me to check in on the contrary was extremely rude with me. Wimdu employees Samuel Velho and Tiago Magellan did not take care of my situation, Wimdu gave the money to Tara and her husband without allow me to have a reimbursement due to this incredible situation with the host. They sent me a message that the host, Tara, wanted to do the check in a day later when I obviously was staying in another place and paying extra money. If I recommend Wimdu or Tara's place: NEVER."
"Wimdu consistently offer quality privately owned accommodation and provide a facility to contact the property owners directly. No fuss straight forward. I recommend giving it a try."
"I have read some of the reviews here and it is a joke. This company is horrible for both the guest and the host. All they want is their fee up front and they disappear. There is no phone number to call and you must write an e-mail. After they have their fee in hand they will pay the Owner only after the guest has been inside the unit.It the reservation is for one year in advance as is on many high end rentals the guest pays 100% up front and the owner waits a year. This after Wimdu has their fee in hand and full use of the money. It would seem that protects the guest but it doesn't. If the owner has a cancelation policy the guest will lose much of what they paid. No one wins with this company except Wimdu. Stay away. There are much more reliable services such as homeaway.com which has a phone number to call 24/7."
"We found a flat via Wimdu but this was cancelled in the last minute. Wimdu apologised and specially recommended the "Comfortable and Cozy Room in Montmartre". It seems to have been taken of the market since our stay but we weren't happy at all. The location is wonderful. Other than that, with all respect to the host lady called Carina, it was not a good experience, she had made no effort at all. Long story short: Room wasn't ready by 2 pm as promised as it still needed cleaning but was still left dusty 2 hours later. Smallish room full of very personal belongings like photos, memorabilia, handbags, dirty gown on the wall and other clothing. Wooden shelves with books above the head of the bed hanging loose against the wall and felt unsafe. Her room next door separated by a thin wooden door, at night her coughing sounded next to the bed. I was hoping it was not TB. No mirror in the room, bathroom mirror small and high. Toilet paper ran out the first day and was never replaced!!! I'll stop. Sorry Carina and sorry Wimdu, thank you but no thank you, never ever again. Rob Esser"
Wimdu is rated 2.00 based on 4 reviews