Wickes Reviews

21% of reviewers recommend Wickes
1 New Reviews Written
11PM
11PM

About Wickes: Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Tell us how Wickes made you happy

"On Saturday February 16th, Wickes delivery system has failed and when I was completing my online order I was asked to complete the order at that point skipping delivery details.I have been assured that I would be contacted later regarding the delivery details. My intention was to have a delivery done on Tuesday morning and I was happy to pay extra charge for morning delivery. Later on I have received email from Wickes notifying that my delivery would happen between 8 am and 6 pm on Tuesday. I have called customer services and explained that this is not suitable for me asking to change it to the morning delivery as I intended. I have been told that this would not be an issue and delivery slot would be changed. On Monday I have contacted customers services again to confirm the delivery timings and I have been told that the change was not done. As a result it was too late and I had to change my plans and be ready to be at home all day on Tuesday. On Tuesday, no delivery has been done between 8 am and 6 pm. I have contacted customer services and was told that driver was being delayed. As a result I had to cancel my plans for the evening and now I have to contact Wickes to figures out what to do next. No one from Wickes made any attempt to contact me on Tuesday to notify that any delay would occur"
Are you Wickes? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"AVOID AVOID AVOID!! Purchased bathroom and installation from wickes PLYMOUTH, supposed to fitted 26/11/18 and to take a week to complete actually finished 12/01/19. Wickes ordered bathroom fixtures that wouldn’t fit in our bathroom, only picked up at installation and wickes couldn’t supply new products to us for 7-10 days after the proposed installation was due to finish? Myself and fitter had to source new products from competitors. Poor workmanship, plastered walls finished like bananas, acrylic panels flex and cuts can be seen in corners of shower enclosure and not covered by corner trim supplied, porcelain tiles fell off down the wall, chipped every tile when cutting and blamed us on our choice of tiles so we agreed to purchase out of our own pocket new tiles and they agreed to fit for free. 2nd attempt still chipped the tiles when cutting, uneven cuts, broke a tile when fitting the basin and stuck it back together with grout bent every metal tile trim, and mitred corners don’t meet again we were blamed for our choice of tile, 600x300x6 ceramic that was checked by fitter before purchase?? Radiator leaked and had to have bowls under valves until fitter was able to come back out and tighten and now valves have been bent and go into the wall at an angle. Valve for shower not fitted straight, dropped new stone shower tray apparently on his foot, there was a huge bang and I went to investigate when I got to the bathroom tray was in position?? Which makes me think it had been damaged because if that deep stone tray had fallen on his toe it would have broken his toe but the fitter was able to continue working?? Complained about all the above to area installation mgr after he had spoken to fitter and stated it was our fault as our walls aren’t straight?? Plaster board walls?? And all the boards should of been replaced to get even walls, or completely torn down?? We were quoted by fitter to replace all plaster board but he didn’t do this as said walls were in good condition?? Only agree that the tiling wasn’t up to standard and as a gesture of goodwill will will refund for the tiles we purchased and we will have to find a fund our own independent bathroom fitter tiler to take down and replace?? So much for your 2 year guarantee?. Happily upload all photographic evidence on wickes PLYMOUTH Facebook page! But sure they’d remove as highly embarrassing! AVOID AVOID PLYMOUTH WICKES"
"Kitchen planner couldn’t hide his disappointment that we, the customer in the planning stage of our kitchen had dared to change our minds. Was very flippant and dismissive about how long it would take to re price; elaborate plans were not needed. If he had listened in the first place some of the alterations wouldn’t have been necessary. He was aware we did not want the appliances including. It isn’t the sign of a good salesman ignoring and riding rough shod over someone’s wishes. Made ridiculous comments about number of appliances needed limiting the number of cupboards. Sorry but it’s a tool, not a jewel; a working kitchen. We are ready to order and buy and are pretty likely to go elsewhere. Almost a week later and have heard nothing, so today we are ordering our kitchen from another retailer. This review is regarding the Macclesfield Store."
"Wickes are useless from store to customer services best advice use another store especially Croydon branch"
"I nearly tried my best to contact concerned, responsible customer service representative. I have visited three time Wickes Bedford store for picking up a unused delivery and about 150 min on phone to reach out them but still my return delivery is lying at my shop which is blocking the way for other shop keepers , Very much frustrated and disappointed by Wickes Bedford team, their so called manger has no time to even talk. I even visited Wickes NORTHAMPTON for resolving this issue but she was unable to do it. So pathetic and poor customer services and after sales corresponding. Plz don’t don’t order wrong item , it would be great mess to return unused item at Wickes store. They are only happy to fresh , repeat buying but it is not their problem after sales service. So bad"
"Mis sold a service. Was advised they would survey a bathroom. They didn't. Paid for their "dry Fit" (£3000) and was advised there would be a few extras for additional pipework etc... Their approved fitter /installer said extras would be £300 to £400. Installers final bill was £2800 ! Spoke to the installer and asked how much of the £3000 dry fit he received. he confirmed £1000 but this was based on commission for the size of the sale of the suite. Wickes have charged £3000 for an installation and only paid £1000 to the fitter and retained £2000. I complained about this to Wickes and they said to raise it with the furniture ombudsman and that their fitter still needed paying before they would pass off the work and provide a guarantee. The DRY FIT is an absolute con."
"Very bad customer service and incorrect product description on their website, meaning that I incurred in additional expenses which they refused to cover. They just suggested I contacted the Ombudsman if I wasn't happy. Would never use again."
"Waited in for a delivery. Rang at 4pm to ask why it had not arrived. Was told that delivery will not be made and it may be next day or day after. I had been waitng for doors and had a carpenter arranged to fit them the next day. Terrible service and i will not be buying from wickes again without an improvement in customer support."
"I am a repeat Wickes customer, and so bought and had a small kitchen fitted by them. Was told the fit would take 4 days so I paid £2000 to have it fitted (specialist work on top of the quote), although was reserved on their time frame as it is a SMALL kitchen. In actuality, the fit took 2 days... £500 per person, per day! I have now been chasing for a month to find out why I have been ripped off on the fit cost, with no response at all from their customer service. Its pathetic. Top tip... if you sre buying a kitchen from them, outsource the fitting"
"the order should not be split in two so one has to wait twice. paying for morning delivery does not mean 3.30pm. customer service are not able to contact delivery to see why order is late. go elsewhere if you want proper service"
"Hi I am loyal customer of Wickes since long time, unfortunately Wickes after sales service is so poor and ridiculous that no body is ready to own the responsibility. I requested/ raised a re collection of unused jumbo bag, which was wrongly ordered, I went to Bedford Wickes and they directed me to customer service (items were purchased from Bedford) , support teen again dierected to Bedford store where I paid charges £30 for collection from my shop, now it is 14 days passed and I have phoned many time to Bedford and customer support team but it is still pending. Now ultimately I am again physically at Bedford store for resolving this issue , but still it is not. Really very bad experience for returning items although Wickes are quite happy for repeat buying any time. Very poor, pathetic and annoying customer service after sale."
"Delivery service appalling. 2 days in a row delivery was wrong. Will not be shopping with again!"
"Well what went right should be the question. Kitchen designed by Wickes last year firstly was pestered by staff wanting me to agree a date for delivery which couldn't happen until designer had done final measurements. The kitchen was not delivered when agreed and we therefore didnt receive the standard delivery information and we are £2500.00 out of pocket because of their substandard delivery and getting nowhere with their customer services who are a joke. My husband and I are pensioners and our health is now suffering - my advice is don't go anywhere near Wickes for anything."
"The delivery experience was very bad, although the website does say kerbside delivery it is not stated clearly enough that they are unable to help drop off anything in your property. The delivery driver delivered a bath to me and advised that he was unable to deliver to within my property, he then lifted the bath off the delivery van and left on the pavement still on the pallet and drove off. I was unable to lift the bath on my own luckily after a couple of calls to friends and family I was able to get some help to lift the bath over the step and through my front door. I think that the website needs to make this clearer as if this was the case I would have ordered elsewhere. Would not use again"
"The most awful experience... if you are thinking about having a kitchen/ bathroom fitted with Wickes please DONT do it . Save yourself a lot of grief and choose a company that knows what they are doing. Oh and find a company when mistakes are made they know how to apologise and rectify the situation rather than call you a liar and not resolve the situation."
"Awful experience... if you are thinking about having a kitchen/ bathroom fitted with Wickes please DONT do it . Save yourself a lot of grief and choose a company that knows what they are doing"
"OMG , had a bathroom installed , did not notice until I looked but my very expensive cabinets have been butchered to fit around pipe work, also the plumbing looks like a ham fisted chimp had done it(I have great respect for our animal friends but not ones that come recommended as men) . Charged for 5 meters of pipe but the so called fitter re-used my old pipe. Got charged mega money for him to level the floor as this comes as specialist works and all he did was put thick cement on the back of the floor tiles. Toilet is damaged , none of the so - called finishing touches have been done , just could not wait for the nightmare and him to go away . Items not delivered and as the person on another review has written , I to have gone through what has been purchased and there are items that have been ordered and have no relevance to my bathroom , doubled up with sealants as the previous person has said nearly £50 a tube, gotta be something wrong going on . I suggest if you are unfortunate enough to have booked these cowboys take photos of everything and keep a record of their comings and goings , and if you have doubts for different suppliers then get in touch to find out why extra stuff on your order has not been delivered or find out where it got delivered because i`m sure there is some sort of fraud going on, cant put my finger on it but I am so naffed off waiting for answers I think a court case is coming, but read your final papers that the builder will want you to sign,and DONT SIGN ANYTHING or your rights to anything are gone and you only have 10 days to complain so watch your selves. Wickes have it all sown up in writing but I bet as soon as someone like me takes them to court and expose the fraud as I am sure the builders and designers are in their own little business`s and the customers are supplying the extra parts not knowing that they are being conned.I may get some justice .So go else where .or you will be sorry. Wickes you are a JOKE (think it`s Travis perkins now , but dont hold me to that) So get ya camera out and ready.note pad and pen.but please not Wickes."
"Wicks Hereford a total disaster from start to finish, firstly do not rely on their so called design consultants quotes as they are a long way from what the contractors quote, my original quote from Wicks for contractors work was £918.00 this was raise to £1792.00 after the contractor measured up, the largest increase was for the installation of the floor tiles that went up from £270 (wicks quote) to £600 (contractor quote). having agreed to pay the extra I then had to put up with what must be the most incompetent contractor in Hereford. the work was started on 9/2/2018 and should have taken no more the about 3 weeks. I had my downstairs toilet flooded from an incorrectly fitted feed pipe to the bathroom also damage to the cistern and the ceiling. this was pointed out at the time and he promised to sort when bathroom was completed. I made three appointments with the contractor to come and repair his shoddy work but he never turned up he had his money and was no longer interested. having contacted Wicks to resolve the issue and find me someone that I could rely on I were told that it was up to me to contact the original contractor to repair the damage, as Wicks supplied the contractor I told them that it was their responsibility to supply someone that I could trust and rely on to complete the work, this went on for a few months with me having to email and telephone Wicks on numerous occasions. Whilst waiting for that to be put right I noticed that the grout between the floor tiles was starting to crack and come away, it was some time before Wickes sent someone round to access this further problem, it was only when a contractor came round the access the floor tiles that other things came to light I.E. no builders chalk used to fill the gaps between the metal strip along the tiles and wall, and behind the door there was no silicone sealant put along the join between floor and wall tiles. The bathroom and all of the repairs were finally finished in November 10 months later. the service that I received from the original contractor was unprofessional, substandard and above all not the work of a qualified craftsman, as for Wicks their customer service was appalling and I for one will never spend another penny in a Wicks store, they did after much disagreement accept responsibility and offer me a settlement which they like to call a gesture of goodwill. Using Wicks was the WORST decision that I have ever made."
"I spent over £12k on a Kitchen which was installed in Sept 2016. All was fine until May of 2017 when in the middle of the night 2 (full) kitchen cupboards fell off the wall, smashed all the contents, scratched the quartz worktop. The cupboards (empty) probably weigh 30kg. They had been put into plasterboard with 4 x 1.5inch screws! I am no expert but I was lucky it held as long as it did and didn't fall off and kill a child or animal. I spent months trying to get some compensation and get the kitchen 'righted. The quartz still has a chip out of it as they wouldn't replace. It took 6 weeks to get an apology from the person dealing with my case and literally months to get it all repaired/replaced. They use contractors to fit the kitchen so you have no idea if their work is substandard or not. Beware!"
"the design was nothing like the finish tiles are all over the place the Plasterers had to do the walls four times the fitters started at 9 and finish at 2 total shambles this was the Northampton branch fitters c & c plasterers vjp would not use again they was going to do my kitchen no way now designer was tom reina"
Wickes is rated 1.95 based on 505 reviews