Wickes Reviews

18% of reviewers recommend Wickes
1 New Reviews Written
02AM
2AM

About Wickes: Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Tell us how Wickes made you happy

"Ordered the full 100% oak soild wood kitchen. Arrived on date promised. But installer beside agreed to date will come after a week only. Wickes could not help. Some doors are received damaged had hard time convince customer service that was not our fault. They supplied the replacement doors three weeks after installation finished. After that they can not arrange to get installer to fix the replacement till now since six months passed. Various calls to customer service does not help as they say to contact installer who wants additional £400 for replacement. On the other hand after six months the oak wood is changing colour easy to stain and certainly not the oak. The doors are getting out of alignment and 10 year of workman warranty is just a slagon and does not exists. Avoid at a cost as only they are good at is sales"
Are you Wickes? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"My daughter had a new kitchen fitted from Wickes. Never in my life have I known an any firm give such an appalling service. Right from the start the salesman made mistake after mistake, and with a catalogue of errors too numerous to list here,from then on a job that should have taken two days to complete took over two weeks. Wickes of course just shut their eyes to any complaints. Nothing on this earth would ever persuade me to visit a Wickes store ever again"
"We had a 4th kitchen fitted by wickes and what a horrible experience the 4th was. Poor fitting, had the worktops replaced, fridge and freezer damaged so bad they were replaced after 2 weeks. We had 6 months interest free credit which was frozen due to all the issues but it turned out it hadn't been frozen and cost us 1.7k interest! We have now a poorly fitted kitchen with 30% has been replaced and is still not fit for purpose. The current issue is that the doors are showing white runs in them! We will replace the kitchen next year and it won't be a 5th kitchen from wickes nil star"
"Very unhelpful. Not used to DIY myself and when I asked if someone could help me with regards to information about Drills, I was told we don't know, but we could google it. Seriously, I could do that myself, whats the point in working for a DIY company when you know nothing about your products. Totally ridiculous, would not recommend this company"
"Worst firm i have ever dealt with in 30 years from the order right through to the delivery.Total incompetance"
"Absolutely terrible time with Wickes regarding our bathroom. The lastest is a huge leak from their work to our kitchen below. Water everywhere. The fitter was a complete cowboy who couldn't handle the job. Wickes have been completely heartless and irresponsible regarding the this whole mess. I can't believe they can do this to innocent ordinary people who just want to improve their homes. I'm trying my best at the moment to get it all sorted but it won't be for Wickes."
"I placed a complaint on Wickes system 24th May, regarding fitter issues that rendered a shower unusable and other problems. Here we are 17th August and nothing done and no arrangements made. Do not use Wickes for anything that requires installation unless you DIY. I have made numerous calls to Wickes and the install, MPH, and sent numerous emails, all to no effect. Shame on Wickes."
"DO NOT ORDER YOUR KITCHEN FROM WICKES Due to be delivered on 13th August (apparently a weight restriction on the road leading to my street) so taken to local store to try and arrange a smaller wagon to bring it to my address. They didn't have one. After ringing customer services and the store numerous times that day, I was told it would be delivered by courier the following day. Told firstly by customer services that it would arrive between 1 and 3 and then by the store that it would arrive between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Guess what, it didn't arrive at all. Rang customer services and the store to be told they had lost the kitchen and they didn't know where it was!!! My first bugbear is that there is no weight restriction on the road leading to my property. Secondly my partner (who is self employed) stayed at home to wait in for the kitchen on the 13th August. He lost a days wages. Thirdly my son worked from home at my property, not ideal for him, on the 14th August to wait for the courier delivery that never happened. Customer services wanted to order me a whole new order of the same kitchen again and get it out to me today. What, so somebody would have to have a day off again, only for it not to arrive, I don't think so. Told them to cancel the order and I wanted a refund. Guess what I have to go into the store for the refund. Guess what the store need to get approval from customer services. These people have had £4,000 of my money for a month, sat in their account from the day of order, and they can't refund my money. No managers in customer services to speak to after 5 p.m. The manager in the store is on holiday! I am still waiting for a refund. Avoid Wickes like the plague, they take your money then don't want to know. No idea about customer service. I wouldn't recommend anybody buy anything from this store, I certainly won't be setting foot in the place again."
"Selling tester pots of paint you can't buy! So Wickes sells tester pots of paint you can't actually buy from the store! Having tried various tester pots we settled on the colour we wanted so I went back to buy some paint only to be told they don't stock it. When querying why they sold tester pots of said paint (even showed the assistant of the tester pots on sale) I was told 'It's a bit of a mystery' and she walked away ratherquickly. This would be humorous if it wasn't for the fact it had cost over £10.00 in fuel and 1.5 hours of my life in a completely pointless trip. Way to go Wickes, you certainly understand the principles of customer service. And this after a delivery which should have arrived on Thursday finally arriving on the Saturday afternoon and many phone calls and messages which meant we had to wait in for three days!"
"Delivery not arrived on the day promised or the day after , customer services did not call back and cut me off . Its coming tomorrow that's it sorry ...... put phone down"
"Hi, My order number is 905183 We went to WIckes with attached picture of the below mentioned link which is a complete package for £650. However, instead of the provided bath screen I requested that one to be replaced by Sliding bath screen. The revised quote which we received was 638 and after discount we paid 573. Now when we are fitting the bathroom the designer has deleted the Front panel when he customised the package plus he changed the toilet instead of Pheonix he provided Avalon bathroom When the driver came to deliver he forgot toilet seat and basin pedastal in the van and asked me to sign it as all delivered and up on rechecking I figured out that 2 items were missing. And today when the plumbers are fitting the bathroom they highlighted the above. I’ve calling the designer whole day yesterday 4 times nobody is picking my phone. When we called customer service they said cant confirm the panels you need to go to store. In morning, I took a half day of from work I went to store the executive designer team doesn’t start before 11am. Wickes think that customer is a fool that once he has paid the money you can do all kind of scams and lie with the customer and he wouldn’t do anything apart from waiting and chasing you because he has bought the product from you. In 2 days all I have done is chased you people and my brand new bath is different to toilet , bath panels are missing and no one is there to take responsibility of the missing panels and no one knows why it wasn’t part of the package and which ones are replacement"
"Absolutely terrible delivery service. Ordered on Sunday told Tuesday before 1pm delivery and still waiting in the rain.!!"
"My wickes kitchen is still not completed 2 months after the fitters left. The kitchen installation took 3x the length the fitters quoted, the fitters complained and were late every day, and the design was so poor that one door will never open fully. The wrong items were delivered three times. Even after complaining it was always weeks before I heard from anyone. I felt totally helpless. The original delivery guys said they wouldn't make the delivery as they couldn't park outside, after much persuasion they did, but only if I would stand outside at 7AM in my pyjama's in case any traffic came (it didn't, it's a very quiet road). Then they said they wouldn't take the appliances up the stairs as they wouldn't fit. I begged them, and eventually they did (they fitted no problem). After all of this the kitchen still isn't finished. Wickes have offered to refund the door that will never fully open, and offer £150 as a good will fee - on a kitchen that was 7k. I will never use them again."
"we were told dont waste my time i want at least 7000 pounds for a cheap kitchen and 4500 for a small bathroom, the guy said he wanted 2500 pounds just for him to fit a kitchen and another 2500 pounds for the bathroom 5000 pound before anything is done the laught at on the phone rude wrong stay away luck escape this time."
"We had an awful time with our kitchen. The installation took over a month and my partner had to constantly chase for any progress to be made. We have a 2 bed terrace house so the work was not anything fancy and due to all the uninstalled appliances there was no room for us to live in! Even though it is now meant to be finished, there are missing brackets and exposed plug sockets right next to a water supply. We also cannot fit one of our appliances in the gap as the design plan had the incorrect measurement for the appliance, despite us providing the measurements before the design plan was finalised. We complained to Wickes and the customer service was appalling. They have made no effort to apologise or fix the issues and told us to buy another appliance. Standard sized appliances do not fit in the gap so we will have to try to find a slimline one which is likely to cost over £500 more. Not to mention the fact that a buyer of our house may not have slimline appliances! We were also told that we would be taken to court if we didn't pay our bill. I cannot see how they can claim any of this is our fault when we have gone to a "professional" (who more than anything should know the size of a standard appliance) and paid a small fortune for, quite frankly, a shoddy job. Having saved for years for a "dream" kitchen, we are furious at the way Wickes has handled this and I would strongly recommend you go elsewhere."
"USE SELCO, BUILDER DEPOT BUT NEVER WICKES!!! Place my order on Monday for next day delivery Tuesday afternoon guy called me from Cricklewood london wickes and cancel delivery and he promised me Wednesday definitely. Next day again, NOTHING!!! I called them four times to check and he said he dont know whats happened with my order. So another promising 100% Thursday. On Thursday the same story no call, nothing...so I called them and another story DRIVER FORGOT MY ORDER AND DIDN'T ANSVER HIS PHONE! So they said Friday but Im delay with my project becouse of WICKES and will canced my order and order from SELCO DON'T WESTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH WICKES!!!!"
"Went in to the Banbury store with the intention of buying a kitchen. Walked away with nothing. Overly pushy sales staff calling me and my partner repeatedly even after having been told to stop. Would avoid."
"NIGHTMARE FROM HELL! Spent THOUSANDS of pounds on a new kitchen.. As soon as you sign on that dotted line all customer service goes straight out the window. First off we got our kitchen design done by Brian in the Plymouth store... All looked lovely until, it was being fitted. A couple of measurements didn't add up (despite him coming to measure up) and as a result we lost out on worktop space and had to adjust margins and units so that it would fit together and also to make it so we could even open the door to the integrated dishwasher! The breakfast bar when arrived was damaged up both sides had to wait another week to get a new one then to call our fitter back out to finish the job which cost us more time and money. Wickes said they do checks and this stuff happens, which I understand but apparently this was all my fault for not checking everything when it arrived despite the breakfast bar being at the very bottom of the pile when it all got delivered I was expected to move over 30 heavy boxes to lift everything off, then open all boxes and packaging and check everything - my bad. There was a missing back panel which was on the design, which Wickes tried to charge us for when we called them to say it was missing, despite them showing it on the final printed design and we had asked them to put that into the order to finish off the kitchen but they ended up sending it as a 'good will gesture' instead. I have called 3 times to speak to the manager John, he has said on 2 occasions that he will call me back after speaking to the design consultant responsible and both times I have heard nothing. I have never in my life experienced such poor customer service from any company and someone that doesn't even admit fault due to a poor design that quite simply did not work. Absolutely appalled."
"Disgusting after sales purchased some… Disgusting after sales purchased some bathroom accessories, within 10 months they are going rusty, website Staes 1 year warranty so I thought no problem and returned them, only to be told if I read the small print Wickes only give 30 days yes 30 days warranty on products which are not their own brand and its up to the customer to sort it out with the manufacturer. Buyer beware !!!"
Wickes is rated 1.83 based on 639 reviews