Wickes Reviews

22% of reviewers recommend Wickes

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

How would you rate Wickes ?

"Dear whom it may concern, I placed an order last week for laminate flooring, beading and underlay. The beading was only available via click and collect so I chose this option for everything. As per the website Edmonton had 20 2m white beading. Further to me going to click and collect I find out in the store that there is no beading which I need to get my flooring done which was booked for the day I collect the items as per website were available. I ask to speak to the store manager who isn’t in until Monday and without beading the job can’t be done so I cancel the job. I call customer service and I spoke to Alan who said he’d be calling me back and he didn’t come back to me. Thereafter, I called again to cancel the beading and underlay and later find out the whole order had been cancelled. When I call customer service to speak to a manager your representative had no customer service skills and this is not what I expect from such a company. I am still waiting for a call from the manager as I have made an unnecessary trip to the store and then my order has been cancelled so I spend more money to reorder the flooring. This is ridiculous and I would like the offer to still be supplied to what I’ve purchased as I have rebooked the job for tomorrow. The worst first experience and I would not recommend you to anyone else or use your services again unless something is done to compensate the below. Dissatisfied customer."
"A series of minor errors and issues with timings not being met, then two days before the bathroom fitting I got a phone call to say they didn't have the toilet and wouldn't for over a week. Since the fitters are only booked for 4 days and you can't fit tiles and flooring without the new toilet in place, not to mention how we were supposed to go to the loo during this time, I had no alternative but to cancel; they didn't sound at all surprised and made no offer to try and rectify things. Told to go back to the store for refund, yet again moving 80kgs of tiles and about 30kgs of flooring, also to get a refund. Had to wait one hour because you "can't" have a refund until everything is delivered. Since I'd been told that morning to go to the store, I wasnt moving untilI got it. Now stuck waiting for all the other bathroom items to be removed. I have only one word to describe my experience: symbolic. I advise you to avoid."
"In the past month, having place and paid for 3 click and collect orders, shown on-line they have stock, order confirmed and my money taken, I Have been subjected to some serious concerns regarding customer service and staff honesty! On all three occasions the order could not be picked because an item or some items were not in stock. This is advertised as a "one hour" service and you asked to await a confirmation. So 2-4 hours on and you don't get a call or email, don't bother trying to call them, you call into the store to only then be told then that your item (s) can't be picked! On the first occasion they promptly refunded my money, on the second occasion having to overly prove I even placed an order via the confirmations on my mobile phone, the phone was, shall we say, accidentally not returned by a member of staff, and on the third occasion it has taken escalation and 9 days to even get a refund! I hope I am alone in this experience but suspect I am not. I intend to boycott the brand until such time that I find somebody in customer service that even cares how badly they sell on-line and how poorly the staff deal with it. Internally I sensed this was common practice based on comments made by staff that thought and considered the issue more a joke than something they should put right. Selling on-line, not having the stock, taking the money and making it the customers problem to resolve sounds not only dishonest but also likely to lose customers. Operationally your getting this very wrong Wickes and in such a competitive market you will need to do better."
Darren O’connor
Unverified Reviewer
"I placed an order with and it’s not coming Another three days I’ve just tried to add a tub of paint to my order and they’re saying I can’t I’ve got to pay for another delivery which I find it absolutely disgusting it’s daylight robbery"
Mr Benjamin Sheath
"Bought a mower, charged more at till, returned will ticket with cashier and immediately sold item as advertised, complying with advertising standards regulations. Helpful staff and handy to know where what products are kept where."
Paul Hayward
Verified Reviewer
"Don't use if you have power cables running across your property as they can't deliver. Would have been good to know. Change if delivery company."
"Terrible experience. We went into the new Norwich store this morning to buy play sand. Checked online and there were plenty showing in store. To save walking around to find it we asked at the counter where it was. The lady said that they did sell it, they had 16 bags but didnt know where it was. Eventually she asked colleagues and they decided it was outside. We checked outside and then inside too as we couldn't see it. Going back to the counter four staff members spent ages looking at their computer saying that they had 16, they didn't have 16, then thag they were in fact split bags we could have for a discount and then thag they vaguely didn't know where they were but another staff member had ordered them. None of this was communicated to us as we a good there, it was as if we were invisible. Eventually we said thank you we will leave it and they didn't even look up. No apologies no goodbye. Useless and rude."
"One star is a compliment! I ordered a kitchen to be installed by Wickes the process took two and a half months from when my old kitchen was removed and the installation of the new Wickes kitchen was completed, I can at last unpack the boxes. Once the order was placed calls and email were not returned by the Milton Keynes store. Customer Services were friendly but unhelpful and writing to the MD was pointless"
Wayne Daniell
"Ordered items On-line for collection. Went an hour later and all the items were ready on a trolly for me to take to car. Simple, as it should be."
Wendy Allonby
Verified Reviewer
"The kitchen showroom in east grinstead is FAB ! I went for a browse today as they have a great range. A lovely kitchen designer called Lisa was happy to answer lots of questions. I have a problem with sensation in my fingers and was concerned about using the latest appliances so she told me where I could go to try them out. I was feeling completely overwhelmed with trying to plan the kitchen but left feeling really confident that If i chose to go ahead with wickes, Lisa would be fantastic alongside. I felt Lisa really listened - thank you so much ! My concern now is the amount of negative feedback on this website re delivery problems and some fitting issues and damaged goods. I would also prefer units ready assembled. But, I will definitely give this serious thought !"
Royden P Cole
"Great prices and value"
"Purchased a shower enclosure from wicks recently which is leaking in all 3 corners of unit! Contacted customer services who contacted the manufacturer commented not installed correct by just looking at photos (laughable)!! Then advised to do extra sealing which is not on the instructions. They Will not send out an engineer ! Wicks could not care less , considering the item is bought directly from Wicks. Disappointing of service and lack of responsibility - product is not fit for purpose. Now following the complaint procedure advised by ombudsman."
"We had a new bathroom installed about 2 years ago. Unfortunately, the quality was not good at all. We had water leaks 3 times and still have had other problems yet to be fixed. We have contacted Wickes many times over the year for the problems but their process is so slow and not practical. Surprisingly, we have been waiting for them to come and fix the bathroom for almost a year. We have spent a lot of time for chasing up. I strongly recommend NOT to use Wickes. I don't even want to give one star."
Aaron Burnside
"Very good service and fast delivery"
"Ordered sand and cement for the start of a project cement on top of. Bags of all split so a pallet of sand and cement spilt on drive which had to be jet washed off will never enter a store again and will never purchase anything from wickes the project will be purchased through B&Q at least they text or phone you at customer service to see if everything is ok we can spend our money anywere"
"Waited for item to get from the warehouse to till more than an 1.5 hours in Ruislip branch.Complete wastage of weekend"
"Absolutely useless. We arranged Stockport designer to come to measure our bathroom, which was confirmed by email. He didn't turn up and was very rude on the phone that he won't bother to come even though it was prearranged. We tried Oldham store- same thing happened, we had it confirmed by email for designer to come. She would not bother neither. When we called back, she said they do not have show room in Oldham so she thought we won't be interested for her to come! Madness. So we were twice at home waiting and nobody bothered to turn up. Glad I didn't go with them as can't imagine how it would be with actual bathroom fitting if just the visit is such an issue!!!!"
"Don't ever order from them. They say you can collect in an hour. BUT wait for the text. You wait. And wait. You call them hours later. "Well you'll probably receive it tomorrow now." That after the sales pitch in your ear while you wait for someone to talk to tells you again how you can click and collect in ONE hour. They tell you to call the store to ask. That's not possible because nobody picks it up. When you cancel your order because surprise you have a life and you didn't order ONE HOUR click and collect so you'd have to cancel your plans for the next day to wait around for the text so you can collect or god forbid you work and you won't be able to collect now in the 24 hours they give you they tell you it's 3-5 DAYS before you'll see your money."
"I purchased a kitchen from Wickes on April 2018. 4 items were faulty. I contacted customer services and they told me to return them to the store to get new ones even thew if I ordered them online as I had no times to go to the store and no car to transport them. I Finally got a cab to get them back. And on the store they did not want to exchange them or to reimbourse me and talked to me in a very unprofessonal manner. PLEASE AVOID THESE SHOP THIS CHAIN IS A TOTAL DISGRACE.."
"Incompetence and ineptitude are how I would describe the whole of the shambles that has been my bathroom experience courtesy of Wickes. Ordered the full package for my new bathroom from Wickes. Went into the Hove store to plan and order the full bathroom, so far so good as Lisa the sales consultant was pretty efficient. That however was where the efficiency stopped. On delivery day no bathroom arrived due to it having been forgotten to gave been loaded onto lorry. A whole bathroom for gods sake! How can you leave that behind? Eventually delivered days late then the real fun started. Poor project management, dodgy plasterers, replacement plasterers, workmen not turning up til the evenings due to being overstretched, missing items that took days and some times weeks to arrive. Three attempts to get a working non cracked toilet, missing parts from the shower and as for the tiling well what can I say?have had to have the floor retired twice and am waiting for wickes to sort it out again as grouting is constantly crumbling. Project manager has gone awol or maybe emigrated to avoid angry customers!!! AVOID WICKES AT ALL COSTS. PLEASE GO ELSEWHERE!"
Wickes is rated 1.98 based on 376 reviews