Wickes Reviews

21% of reviewers recommend Wickes

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
Over a week

How would you rate Wickes ?

"I ordered an ex-display bath screen and it arrived on time but I was out at the time. They tried to call three times on my mobile but I was unavailable. Citysprint took it back to the Wickes office in Caerphilly and I phoned them for an update. The operations manager phoned me personally to reschedule the delivery free of charge. It arrived as promised in the morning slot. Very impressed! Not installed the screen yet but for the price, I can't really go wrong."
"Ordered 3 doors twice, once by online , then by their phone orderline. No delivery the first time, wrong sizes the second time, because they didn’t have the sizes I required. Did they think a 2”6” door would fit in a 2”9” space. Complete waste of time"
"Another "store" that I am sure will be shutting down due to lack of sales soon. I ordered a shower of them 10 days ago, with the delivery expected today (8th October) that in itself is poor, in this day and age to take 10 days to deliver an in stock item. As I had not been called the day before as described in their E mail to be, to arrange a delivery time, I rang their customer service, only to find that the shower was damaged and as it was in the clearance they didn't have anymore. Well thanks for the heads up Wickes! Over a week to make a delivery and still unable to let me know nothing was being delivered until I rang them, I was offered a 10% discount of anything else I would like delivered instead. (Although there is no guarantee I will actually get it. Another customer lost Wickes, well done!"
"Worst customer service. i hope this dissuades people from being lured into the initial friendly proactive service... as soon as you have signed then you are literally left on your own. The fact that they outsource some of the work to contractors makes matters worse as you not only have to deal the worst customer service but you then also have to chase contractors to finish the job... Don't sign the contract!"
"Very poor and slow response from customer service and whatever the problem was they said that it was the installers failed when clearly it was not"
"Don’t buy into all their current advertising, making out as though they’ll take care of your kitchen. The only thing they’ll do is take you for a ride: “Do it right.” They’ll do you right. Our “specialist works” more than doubled in price from the £1.2k fee prior to placing the order to £2.8k after placing the order. This was already on top of their “flat installation fee” of £2.9k. We were then quoted another £700 for tiling and, sit down before you read this, another £1000 to paint the kitchen(just in white, not melted gold mixed with unicorn tears or anything like that), leading to a total installation fee of £7500(no cabinets no appliances no flooring, JUST fitting), for a kitchen in which if I lay down I can touch both walls. They then can’t seem to understand why you want to cancel your order. They become quite dismissive and suddenly hard to contact. It’s so bizarre. We were also told that the only way to lower this fitting cost was if we paid our fitter cash so he can avoid paying VAT. Sounds legit. All in all, really unhelpful and really quite rude. Wrenn is only over the road."
"I recently spend over £10'000 with Wickes on a kitchen & small Bathroom and the full process from design to install was a complete joke. The bathroom was measured incorrectly so the items ordered did not actually fit the room leaving us for a full week with no bathroom in a house with no other bathroom facilities. The tiles we were supplied all came from different batches so were all different shades and looks like a patchwork quilt. Because the items didn't fit we now have a L shaped corner unit in the centre of the bathroom. Our kitchen experience was far worse, we were 3 days into a 4 day fit and on the final day the Wickes fitter just didn't turn up leaving us with an unfinished kitchen, no utility or worktops. He eventually got back to us at 14:00 to advise he was on another job! We had a tiller and flooring booked to be fitted on the weekend which all needed to be cancelled. The Management have been a joke - Even after raising a formal complaint. I'm currently dealing with a guy called Burhan from the customer relations team who basically just wants me off the phone, doesn't listen and talks over me any time I try to raise a point. I have 3 children 1 of which is disabled and this has caused a huge amount of problems for us throughout and Wickes just don't care! So far they have offered me nothing other than covering half of some of the extra charges we got from tradesmen and I genuinely don't feel like they actually care so my advice would be to book with a company that is reputable no the cheapest! The worst thing is all of our stuff is on credit so we will be paying for 4 years for our scratched work surfaces, miss matched tiles and horrible memories. Using Wickes was the biggest mistake I have ever made and I will regret it until I can replace the mess they have left in my house!"
"We purchased a top of the range kitchen from Wickes Cribbs Causeway Bristol (store that has now disappeared!) because it had a 10 year guarantee and after 18 months a door split. The manufacturers said it was not their fault and refused to replace it. The store sent us a new door as a goodwill gesture and said someone would come to fit it and have been stringing me along for 6 months that a fitter would soon be coming and now the store has gone and I’ve been told that this will not be happening. It clearly was a manufacturers fault but what happens when something else goes wrong? The 10 year guarantee appears to be useless. I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE NOT TO BUY A KITCHEN FROM WICKES."
"From recent experience with Waltham Cross branch, the manager ran away and didn't confront me to explain the mess they did in the price. I contacted the customer services and made official complaint and the manager did not apologise and they did not hounor their catalogue price! I just received a call in the morning from a woman telling nothing we can do except apologising to you. What a waist of time!"
"What is it with the Fareham store??? I haven't used Wickes for a few years as I simply haven't had a need to, but I used to use the Portsmouth & Waterlooville stores and they were fine. Having recently moved house and now living near the Fareham store I decided to go there for various items, and have been there 5 or 6 times. Each and every time I go there I find the staff unhelpful, rude and sarcastic. Initially I thought it was just the one guy, but oh no, they seem to have had a branch training day in how to provide appalling customer service. A couple of examples.... Paid cash, the guy short changed me by £10.....initially denied he had, when he finally realised that I was right because I had paid in all £20 notes he literally flung a £10 note at me. On another occasion I went to the till/customer service area where 4 of them are having a chat. One of them looked at me 4 times, ignored me and carried on having a chat and a laugh..... I could mention several other incidents but I'd be here all day, which means I'd be wasting even more of my time on Wickes. The bottom line is, it's an appalling shop, and as there are a number of other places (homebase, screwfix, B&Q etc) within a short distance I really wouldn't waste your time.... Unless of course you enjoy being treated like c***"
"Ordered a new bathroom in May delivered on the day they said they would even though it was 45 minutes late they were apologetic. Kevin and his team fitted in within 3 - 4 days so very happy. Slight problem with the sink leaking but Kevin came out within 24 hours and sorted this. Wickes Minworth branch no problems, Karen at the store was very helpful with the design and everything fits where it should be. If you order bathroom or kitchen from Minworth ask for Kevin and his son to fit it you will note be disappointed they work quick and the work is thorough, very happy."
"Ordered a large number of paving slabs and sand etc to build a patio. Paid online for delivery only to be told before that they don't have any slabs and I would need to wait two weeks. Was also told if I had the missing slabs delivered two weeks later I would get charged again for delivery! Don't waste your time with these muppets and use a real big Odets merchants."
"I purchased laminate flooring suitable for a bathroom. It was guaranteed for 15 years. After 11 months it became 'blown' and I began a complaint with Wickes Hall green. After 18 months and jumping through numerous hoops (inc the manufacturer themselves) we have been refused a refund (value approx£100). Buyer beware at Wickes. Their customer service etc is appalling. I would certainly never purchase again from Wickes. Shocking service. I would also give no star if that was an option."
"Shame I had to give 1 star. We are having an awful experience. Once they have your order they don't give a stuff! We are trying to order a 500 base unit and wall panel that didn't come on our order. It's like trying to pull teeth! Trying to get hold of a kitchen designer is nigh impossible. We have been told for the last two days that so and so will order it and call you when it's done. They don't call so you call them. No it's not been ordered yet, so and so is in a meeting they will do it when they are finished and call you. No call no order. Round and round the garden. Can I speak to the store manager? No they don't have one. Oh my God! Don't buy a Wickes kitchen! Our fitter is about to come to a standstill and has to be finished in 3 days. Oh, OH and the cookers they supply don't come with a heat protector pack! So when you go to put your oven in you have to search the Internet for one of those or risk your new oak worktop and new base units burning! B&Q kitchens come with a pack..I know I've had one. And don't bother calling customer services, they are clueless too. No idea madam if they should come with one. Call Zanussi customer services. Called them on number given, number doesn't exist! Nice one mate. I really could thump someone. Oh, Oh and don't have a Wickes fitter! They cost three times more than your average kitchen fitter! We cancelled ours and good, because he was very rude to my hubby when questioned about the prices for "specialist works' he was trying to charge us for. Hubby said he wasn't going to pay it. Daylight robbery. Awful, Awful people. Worst customer service ever."
"brought a wicks electric drill from the Boston shop returned next day chuck had jamed wicks sales man released the bit with dificulty then sprayed with wd40 said if no better bring back returned next day with same problem wicks sale person (manager) refused to change or give me my money back He said could not find the fault"
"The staff in Chippenham are rude. All the staff stand around in the till together chatting. I get the impression they’re sniggering about people at times. They are unhelpful and unfriendly. The young woman who served us today actually huffed and her manner was very sulky. It’s consistently awful customer service in Chippenham but I’ve never been huffed at before."
"Had my two bathrooms supplied and fitted by Wickes. Since the initial install I’ve had cracked wall tiles, leaking cistern, ill fitted basin tap and now a leaking bath tap which still isn’t sorted!"
"you get what you pay for that,s it no more"
"I bought a filter tap which is now leaking I reported this five weeks ago and was told the fitter is on holiday and he will contact us on his return. I waited two weeks and then spoke to the manager. He said I’m in the office tomorrow and will get the fitter come and fix it. I’m still waiting. This is five weeks since I have reported it. I’m having to turn the water off at night as it’s now flowing from the tap. I do not recommend their after service. This is terrible."
"NEVER PURCHASE A BATHROOM FROM WICKES, the BATHROOM has been in 1 year-old the bath has leaked, shower holder came loose, toilet seat came loose & now the shower door is leaking. Poor poor quality especially spending £6000 which is a lot of money"
Wickes is rated 1.94 based on 436 reviews