Wickes Reviews

22% of reviewers recommend Wickes

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

How would you rate Wickes?

"Original delivery 4 items ordered, 1 item was incorrect and 1 item missing. contacted by email and no response. Phoned customer services unable to speak to anybody, requested a call back, which I received 5 hours later, they did not know what went wrong. received a text at 8am following morning from courier that parts would be with me by 1pm, no delivery! then received a phone call at midday to say that parts would be delivered in two days. unless you have the patients of a Saint I would advise you shop elsewhere, their staff are incompetent"
"Very bad service after 17 days, 6 phone call, 2 email= I still waiting for my money back of a product I bought in Internet!"
"Wickes-Darlington. I am sick and tired of going to Wickes and finding that they do not stock the item(s) that I have spent 20 minutes walking there (and 20 minutes walking back) to buy despite always checking stock levels on their website first. Today I went there to buy a block paint brush listed at £3 with at least 70 supposedly being in stock at that branch according to the Wickes website. https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Multi-Purpose-Block-Brush---5-5in/p/600810 After not finding the said item I approached with trepidation the staff member on the counter (this particular one I have never found helpful) and asked her why no £3 brushes were on display to be told that they do not sell them at that price unless they were "old stock" and told me to look on the "clearance" section. I told her that they were advertised on the Wickes website but was dismissive of my comment (as usual). I then spent £2.90 on a bus fare into town and purchased 5 block brushes in Poundland for £1 less than the cost of 1 at Wickes!"
"Great prices and a great service we will use wickes again"
"Ordered in August 2017 now 8th April still not completed. Installers ruined hob whilst fitting chimney to extractor fan which is also scratched and dented not to mention they ruined the ceiling and wall. This happened on 27th Feb and we are still waiting for someone to sort it. Promises and lies and nothing happening. Beware."
"Our delivery didn't turn up until two days after it was due, we ordered the 90 ltr bark chippings, this is absolutely awful, chippings are usually small and spread well over the garden these are huge big pieces of wood they look awful, I would not recommend them to anyone for putting round nice borders, never ever had any this awful before if I didn't need the job done I would have asked to return them."
"I went to wickes in Halifax today bought a kitchen, shower screen and internal doors, lucy brice helped us with everything and we got a great deal thank you."
N Sibly
"Bought 2 trellis for my garden and they wanted to charge £30 delivery 1.5 miles."
"Everything went wrong from start to finish with our new bathroom, no fitter to do survey for over a month, cancelled deliveries, Part delivered, Extra bathroom suites being delivered after the fit. The only good thing was the fitter who jumped in and saved us by sourcing another bath and putting a temporary toilet in, After Wickes lost our new bathroom!!! and customer service informed me the fitters would have to put our old one back in until the delivery could be made!!! The fitter had taken away the old bathroom suite and re-tiled the bathroom!!! disgusting way too many issues to put on here regarding our experience do not bother"
"Cow boy builders- 5 months to do a dry fit kitchen, no one took ownership of mistakes. DO NOT get any work carried out by wickes. On going problems and lies constantly. save your money and go somewhere else."
Kevin Kioster
Unverified Reviewer
"On their website it says open today 1st April 10.00 to 4pm at my Hanger Lane store. I drove 5 miles at 12.30 to find it was closed!! What sort of incompetent company is this . Absolute rubbish - never again."
"i bought some quick dry white, wickes brand gloss, i painted my banister , spindles, skirting boards, about a week later was wiping fingerprints off the banister and the paint was peeling , stringy and plasticy, ive had to sand all my paint work and repaint it. Its taken ages. so be warned before you think of purchasing it. I did contact wickes over a week ago, no one has been in touch."
"With a choice of kitchen suppliers, some like B&Q and Homebase and Ikea offer you the cheaper option of self assembly cabinets as well as factory assembled. BUT in spite of their higher price, Wickes kitchens are all self assembly. Should have bought the Howdens ready assembled at the same price. Also note limited space behind back panel. In fairness the buying experience went well at the showroom with helpful planning and advice. Shame that not advised of self assembly policy."
"Bought a makita router from them and it doesn't come with a center guide. Its like buying a saw without the handel.Apparently it's a accessory. They dont sell the accessory in store. You have to sorce it yourself. Its Another way to rip you off. What a joke."
Yaneen Rodwell
Unverified Reviewer
"appauling service - had kitchen measured by wickes 'kitchen expert' - but then have discovered that it was measured incorrectly by them and units will now not fit in unless we knock the wall down and extend kitchen by 4" to cover their mistake!! They do not want to know - quick enough to take money then deny any responsibility. Just stalling us at every opportunity - wish we had never gone to wickes. Total bodge up by them from the start"
"Had the young lady at the till not been so unhelpful and miserable we would probably have purchased £500 worth of tiles from here. As it was, when we did purchase a £26 tub of adhesive & grout, my change was thrust at my hand causing it to go all over the counter. Instead of picking it up she just moved to the next customer! How very rude. The attitude of some young people today defies belief. Employ someone who will at lease offer up a smile when serving you instead of someone wishing they were not there!"
"£30 to have 7 small fence panels delivered to a pensioner less than a mile away personally I think is disgusting."
Dawn Danks
"Had every thing I needed, although gutted that on a £130 order delivery was not FREE"
"Absolutely Awful!!..... Talk about what went right...... Never recommend them to anybody, they also deliver bad customer service!,"
David Osborne
"Click and collect worked like a dream. Found product on line £50 cheaper than opposition dealers. Used click and collect and next day had product. Was notified by Email and text at 7.07 am saying item ready. Efficiency at its best. Well done Wickes"
Wickes is rated 1.99 based on 335 reviews