Wickes Reviews

21% of reviewers recommend Wickes
01AM
1AM

About Wickes: Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Tell us how Wickes made you happy

"THEIR RANGE OF PRODUCTS AND REASONABLE PRICES MEANS THAT YOU CAN PURCHASE MUCH OF WHAT YOU WANT IN ONE LOCATION.THE STAFF ARE FRIENDLY,KNOWLEDGEABLE AND FLEXIBLE ABOUT RETURNS."
Are you Wickes? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I bought a kitchen from wickes. It is stunning however there were a couple of small things to go wrong as with all major builds. I contacted cus services and they were excellent. Couldn't do enough to help. They were patient and understanding and replaced things free of charge even though they weren't really responsible. I really can't say enough about how good this company were to deal with from beginning to end."
"Well what went right should be the question. Kitchen designed by Wickes last year firstly was pestered by staff wanting me to agree a date for delivery which couldn't happen until designer had done final measurements. The kitchen was not delivered when agreed and we therefore didnt receive the standard delivery information and we are £2500.00 out of pocket because of their substandard delivery and getting nowhere with their customer services who are a joke. My husband and I are pensioners and our health is now suffering - my advice is don't go anywhere near Wickes for anything."
"The delivery experience was very bad, although the website does say kerbside delivery it is not stated clearly enough that they are unable to help drop off anything in your property. The delivery driver delivered a bath to me and advised that he was unable to deliver to within my property, he then lifted the bath off the delivery van and left on the pavement still on the pallet and drove off. I was unable to lift the bath on my own luckily after a couple of calls to friends and family I was able to get some help to lift the bath over the step and through my front door. I think that the website needs to make this clearer as if this was the case I would have ordered elsewhere. Would not use again"
"The most awful experience... if you are thinking about having a kitchen/ bathroom fitted with Wickes please DONT do it . Save yourself a lot of grief and choose a company that knows what they are doing. Oh and find a company when mistakes are made they know how to apologise and rectify the situation rather than call you a liar and not resolve the situation."
"Awful experience... if you are thinking about having a kitchen/ bathroom fitted with Wickes please DONT do it . Save yourself a lot of grief and choose a company that knows what they are doing"
"OMG , had a bathroom installed , did not notice until I looked but my very expensive cabinets have been butchered to fit around pipe work, also the plumbing looks like a ham fisted chimp had done it(I have great respect for our animal friends but not ones that come recommended as men) . Charged for 5 meters of pipe but the so called fitter re-used my old pipe. Got charged mega money for him to level the floor as this comes as specialist works and all he did was put thick cement on the back of the floor tiles. Toilet is damaged , none of the so - called finishing touches have been done , just could not wait for the nightmare and him to go away . Items not delivered and as the person on another review has written , I to have gone through what has been purchased and there are items that have been ordered and have no relevance to my bathroom , doubled up with sealants as the previous person has said nearly £50 a tube, gotta be something wrong going on . I suggest if you are unfortunate enough to have booked these cowboys take photos of everything and keep a record of their comings and goings , and if you have doubts for different suppliers then get in touch to find out why extra stuff on your order has not been delivered or find out where it got delivered because i`m sure there is some sort of fraud going on, cant put my finger on it but I am so naffed off waiting for answers I think a court case is coming, but read your final papers that the builder will want you to sign,and DONT SIGN ANYTHING or your rights to anything are gone and you only have 10 days to complain so watch your selves. Wickes have it all sown up in writing but I bet as soon as someone like me takes them to court and expose the fraud as I am sure the builders and designers are in their own little business`s and the customers are supplying the extra parts not knowing that they are being conned.I may get some justice .So go else where .or you will be sorry. Wickes you are a JOKE (think it`s Travis perkins now , but dont hold me to that) So get ya camera out and ready.note pad and pen.but please not Wickes."
"Wicks Hereford a total disaster from start to finish, firstly do not rely on their so called design consultants quotes as they are a long way from what the contractors quote, my original quote from Wicks for contractors work was £918.00 this was raise to £1792.00 after the contractor measured up, the largest increase was for the installation of the floor tiles that went up from £270 (wicks quote) to £600 (contractor quote). having agreed to pay the extra I then had to put up with what must be the most incompetent contractor in Hereford. the work was started on 9/2/2018 and should have taken no more the about 3 weeks. I had my downstairs toilet flooded from an incorrectly fitted feed pipe to the bathroom also damage to the cistern and the ceiling. this was pointed out at the time and he promised to sort when bathroom was completed. I made three appointments with the contractor to come and repair his shoddy work but he never turned up he had his money and was no longer interested. having contacted Wicks to resolve the issue and find me someone that I could rely on I were told that it was up to me to contact the original contractor to repair the damage, as Wicks supplied the contractor I told them that it was their responsibility to supply someone that I could trust and rely on to complete the work, this went on for a few months with me having to email and telephone Wicks on numerous occasions. Whilst waiting for that to be put right I noticed that the grout between the floor tiles was starting to crack and come away, it was some time before Wickes sent someone round to access this further problem, it was only when a contractor came round the access the floor tiles that other things came to light I.E. no builders chalk used to fill the gaps between the metal strip along the tiles and wall, and behind the door there was no silicone sealant put along the join between floor and wall tiles. The bathroom and all of the repairs were finally finished in November 10 months later. the service that I received from the original contractor was unprofessional, substandard and above all not the work of a qualified craftsman, as for Wicks their customer service was appalling and I for one will never spend another penny in a Wicks store, they did after much disagreement accept responsibility and offer me a settlement which they like to call a gesture of goodwill. Using Wicks was the WORST decision that I have ever made."
"I spent over £12k on a Kitchen which was installed in Sept 2016. All was fine until May of 2017 when in the middle of the night 2 (full) kitchen cupboards fell off the wall, smashed all the contents, scratched the quartz worktop. The cupboards (empty) probably weigh 30kg. They had been put into plasterboard with 4 x 1.5inch screws! I am no expert but I was lucky it held as long as it did and didn't fall off and kill a child or animal. I spent months trying to get some compensation and get the kitchen 'righted. The quartz still has a chip out of it as they wouldn't replace. It took 6 weeks to get an apology from the person dealing with my case and literally months to get it all repaired/replaced. They use contractors to fit the kitchen so you have no idea if their work is substandard or not. Beware!"
"the design was nothing like the finish tiles are all over the place the Plasterers had to do the walls four times the fitters started at 9 and finish at 2 total shambles this was the Northampton branch fitters c & c plasterers vjp would not use again they was going to do my kitchen no way now designer was tom reina"
"Ordered metal railing and posts from the Banbury store to be delivered , staff were very helpful. Agreed the date and received a text for a pm delivery, unfortunately no posts were delivered. Phoned the store and they said the posts were coming from a different store , Received a text to say they will be delivered the next morning when we are all back at work so no bloody use at all.No apology from Wickes just cant understand how they can charge for a useless time wasting delivery service. Dont use there delivery services."
"Delivery service an absolute joke.dreadful service."
"Oh my god , I have been through my delivery list , I suppose I should have tried to price this my self , only to find that there are so many parts that come in kits that get re-ordered as like a side dish with a meal , things like tubes of adhesive for ......wait for it .....£45+ and i`ll quote it is Crystal clear Stix all , extra power , by Ever build, I have so many extra`s that have been ordered on this list that i`m going to go back to the designer that made this list and get some explanations , there is about £1000`s worth of bits that have been over estimated and stuff that i`ve paid for that is not even been delivered , so if you like me get taken in by these shysters go through your lists as just the glue has really naffed me off, what a con .so have a look for this adhesive and you will see that the most expensive you can pay , even on line is £5 . your kitchen or bathroom may look good in the show room but you will get a load of add ons , I would say by-pass Wickes and go else where. they really will mug you."
"I ordered a complete kitchen from Croydon store in June 2018 for over £15,000 and fitting in August should have taken two weeks instead it took over two and half months I had no kitchen and it was a nightmare and I would never recommend this company till now there are so many faults in the design which I may add was done by a so call Design Consultant C......e which all she did was to copy the exact design of my old kitchen and when I put a claim for all the chaos that was caused in my property I was offered £350.00 and if I didn't accept I could take this up with the Ombudsman and to me that was an insult as it cost me more to eat out as I never had a useable kitchen, I will probably have to redo the kitchen when I can save enough money in a few years. I even wrote to the Managing Director and till this day no response and this whole experience has damaged my health with stress and now have to live with an everyday nightmare of a kitchen"
"The design and sales process was fine. Mark Stonehouse at Plymouth, was professional and pleasant. So far so good. A lot less fine was the delivery. Initially fixed for 16th November this was a fail as lorry was way too big. This was surprising, as we had emphasised the restricted access at time of design survey by Mark. Rescheduled for 29th November after we had to chase it to find out what was going on. Again this turned up on a very large lorry which could not get within 200m of our house. Rescheduled for 6th December. No show in allocated delivery slot. By this point, I was forced to conclude that Wickes cared not one jot about me or my order. I called the warehouse and cancelled the order. I was assured the refund would be processed that day. I called into the warehouse the following day to satisfy myself this was so. I was told the refund, had not, been processed since the Wickes system showed the kitchen as having been delivered to us. Chance, would be a fine thing. Given the broken promises up to that point I was irritated, and said so. My ultimate take is: The "customer service" centre is very hard to access. Calling the mis-named customer service centre, dear reader, will entail at least 20 minutes' music on hold before getting through. On one occasion I had to hold for nearly 30 minutes before anyone deigned to answer the phone. By which point I was annoyed. After failed delivery slot no. 2 Matthew(?) Flood at the CSC tried to take ownership of the problem. Even he, was thwarted by the utterly useless delivery centre in Exeter who plainly could not care less about fulfilling the order when it came to delivery no. 3. In fairness, Andy, deputy manager at Plymouth, to whom I was very impolite when I went to confront matters, did in the end, process a full re-fund, after provoking him to do so. Mark Stonehouse remained reasonable despite my patent irritation with Planet Wickes. He alone, apologised and sounded like he meant it. I feel rather sorry for the sales team who have been badly let down by the delivery side of the business. To conclude, having delivered my pithy views on what passes for Wickes' customer service, and been quite impolite in the process, Andy instructed me never to come into his Wickes Warehouse again. I am extremely happy to oblige. Design and warehouse team: 1 Delivery team: Nil."
"having just finished our kitchen today i have nothing but praise for steven salter the designer at wickes bulwell and jamie milton the fitter who was superb his work was brilliant and was very good right down to the last detail they have made us very happy and i would recommend their work to everyone thank you so much steven and jamie"
"Well apart from being told the date and the time ,not going to type the real time as you don`t know who`s watching and to not get my work started, But you may want to re-think a bathroom from wickes , planning was good "that`s just a ploy to get your money"after that read the contract , looks ok until you enquire as to why your start date has been and gone and your time off work has ceased , so then what will you do..? Start pulling your hair out , maybe a few teeth , because all your questions about this will fall on deaf ears , because they have your money...Please please, wickes is rubbish and their fitters are lazy , as they know they are going to get paid , but they also sit on jobs, getting quotes for them selves instead of getting on with yours...never seen so much phone use , sure my fitter is playing games on his phone because when the bathroom door shuts I can`t here anything happening.Don`t do Wickes they will do you.BIG TIME."
"Do not take the Wickes challenge as you will regret you ever purchased a bathroom, promised start date only to be let down , got that bad with all rooms full of bathroom furniture , there is a clause in your contract that will let them get away with mugging you off , "oh very sorry but your fitter is on another job" , I have ordered a bathroom and I am not happy at all with the service , also CS , they also must be the same breed as the fitters because all you`ll get is a sorry , so do yourselves a big favour and try else where ...And there will be nothing you can do according to the contract and there are lots of little trinkets in the contract that take your rights away. take this contract to a lawyer before you sign..be warned , avoid at all costs, if you do maybe i`ll get a person to fit my bathroom,,Oh joy cant wait."
"Very bad delivery service i was told I would get a phone call before that didn't happen on the day i hat to ring 3 different stores then was told it had not been picked up as yet then was told they will ring me when it gets picked up and would be before 6pm.. NO call and it turned up at 7.30 will never use or recommend wickes again 🤬🤬"
"Dreadful experience we will never use Wickes again! We ordered a bath for our holiday let in August and booked the date for delivery on 20th November. We blocked off 2 weeks in the holiday let, which is usually booked all year round, for my husband, a retired builder, to do the job. The bath was booked for delivery on Tuesday last week and we were given the slot for delivery the day before. My husband got some of the preparatory work completed and was at the property to take delivery. So far so good, but when it was unloaded, there were no legs! It was also damaged. As the damage was on the side that will be hidden by tiles, we decided to not complain about that, as the job needed to be done asap. We were phoned about the missing legs and were told they would not be with us until this Wednesday – over a week later. I suggested they should send the legs by overnight courier, as it was their mistake. The person I spoke to said she would ask about that and phone me back. She didn’t ring back that day, so we phoned the next morning. After several phone calls we eventually established that they were sending them by courier, but they wouldn’t arrive until the following week anyway. We decided that we needed to source some legs elsewhere, just in case. We found some in our nearest big town, 30 miles away and then phoned the Wickes store where we ordered the bath from. They were very helpful and said that, if the legs weren’t here by Monday, we could purchase the alternative legs and they would refund us the money. Fortunately the legs arrived on Monday, but not to the address we requested. We asked that they be delivered to our home address, not the holiday let, but of course they couldn’t even get that right. We only found out that they had made that mistake because we phoned, yet again, got the couriers number and found out from them. The stupid thing is that if they had ended up refunding us the money for alternative legs, it would have come to about the same as the cost of an overnight courier, which would have been around £20. What a completely inefficient and disorganized way to run a company. The whole saga wasted us an incredible amount of time and caused immense stress, not least because we didn’t know if we would have to cancel our next client’s holiday and refund them £210. As it is, my husband will be hard pressed to get it all completed in time by Saturday. Extremely bad service Wickes, you need to do much, much better."
Wickes is rated 1.96 based on 491 reviews