Which? Mortgage Advisers Reviews

First FloorOne Castlepark Tower Hill

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Which? Mortgage Advisers made you happy

"We recognise that our circumstances were unusual and we're pleased that we got a mortgage, eventually. But: (1) The process was tortuous because, to begin with, the product we were offered was inappropriate. Weeks of our time, and our sellers' time, were wasted before we insisted on switching to a more suitable product. This was very stressful. (2) The performance of our first Personal Mortgage Co-ordinator was poor. For example, he repeatedly made direct contact with our solicitor without our permission. (3) It wasn't always easy to have immediate contact with Which? staff, although this improved when our second Mortgage Co-ordinator took over our case."
Are you Which? Mortgage Advisers? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I'm torn, before I got the mortgage I was generally impressed and felt I got a good deal, but the service afterwards through to completion was rather unimpressive, so I don't recommend paying for the assistance as it amounted to virtually nothing."
"Which, ie Christopher Tilley, was extremely helpful and helped to progress our mortgage application. However the legal firm suggested, ie Optima Legal, were very poor, ie losing our documents, not knowing what the latest position was, not keeping us updated to name but a few things we experienced."
"Shd add dates for each review. Shd answer correspondence. Weekly email updates less informative than previously"
"When looking up test results of items on line,it would be helpful to know the date the tests were done."
"I have had problems lately choosing new products to buy using Which reviews - so many of your items aren't available in my chosen stores - Argos, John Lewis for example... Or when Which recommends a product but users who have bought the products give bad reviews of the same products - who am I supposed to believe..."
"Which? is a useful tool but it's very hypocritical. It spends far to much time and effort encouraging readers to cut costs by opting for cheaper products and services but then it complains when products and services become poorer because of consumer pressure to drop prices. It should concentrate on good quality products and services rather than cheap prices. Build quality and longevity is an important factor when buying a product but Which? gives it very little weight when reviewing a product, this means that excellent products such as Dualit toasters get poor ratings. Which? encourages readers to use online services and self-service techniques to save money on things such as estate agency, conveyancing and will writing. This is a false economy because the customer has to spend far more time and effort themselves (time is money) and prices will go up elsewhere in the industry to compensate. In the end, the customer will be paying just as much (or more) but having to put in more time and effort themselves and receiving a poorer service. It is good economy to use good quality, local, independent businesses and to buy well-built, enduring products. Which? should consider this in future."
"hi when are you reviewing mens electric razors. and digital portable radios -your reviews are very out of date-also very disturbing when your reviews are often very different to those from purchasers on john lewis web site."
"We did get a re-mortgage and it was a bit of a struggle but we got there. I have not had experience of a mortgage adviser with the new rules and so it is hard to compare and difficult to know if it was more long winded and involved this time due to the new rules or due to the mortgage companies. Thanks to everyone anyway. Mary"
"Bit too expensive, would prefer lower cost and less frequent magazines/reviews, sometimes feels a bit repetitive as if you're trying to fill the magazine. Would far prefer to pay a premium for occasional reviews of key products rather than an ongoing monthly charge. But otherwise good reviews."
"Despite asking to cancel my subscription in April, I was again charged £9.75 on my credit card on 16th April, and received a further printed copy of the May magazine. This is unacceptable and I look forward to a refund asap, please. Paul Turk. pejturk@btinternet.com"
"Please can I cancel my subscription from today"
"Perhaps understandably Which tests and reviews small cheap products thoroughly and the results are of real value to consumers. However, more expensive items – I have fridges and cookers especially in mind, Which talks as if it was comprehensive, when the truth is it reviews so few products the results are of little use to most consumers."
"I was disappointed that you recent reviews of cookers in your newsletter failed to mention whether they were gas or electric. They all appeared to be gas which was a total waste of time for me. Please be more specific"
"Often not in sufficient detail. Not always clear to what extent price has been taken into account. Which Local is useless and dangerous as it only gives positive reviews."
Which? Mortgage Advisers is rated 4.23 based on 312 reviews