Which? Mortgage Advisers Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend Which? Mortgage Advisers

About Which? Mortgage Advisers: We search thousands of mortgages to find the one that is right for you.

mortgages@whichmortgages.co.uk

First Floor
One Castlepark
Tower Hill

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Which? Mortgage Advisers ?

"I first used Which? Mortgage Advisers when I bought my first home three years ago and have just renegotiated a renewal through them too. I wouldn't go anywhere else! Andrew O'Neill has been my main contact from the beginning and is extremely professional, explaining all the options clearly and answering any questions - no matter how small. I can't recommend the team enough - it's a great relief to know you have such support. Thank you!"
"Used Which mortgage Advisers services for remortgaging my buy-to-let property. The whole experience was very poor and service was nowhere near my expectations. In the end, I ended up lost my Which mortgage adviser's fee of around £250 to £350 (don't remember exactly) and not getting the mortgage product. Will never use their service again."
"Richard Weston and Grace Miles handled our mortgage application. Richard is extremely knowledgeable and understood our needs perfectly. He was also happy to discuss various options at different stages. Grace was very responsive and helpful, and handled our case with care and actioned things promptly. Very happy customer, would use again (indeed I have used Which a number of times) and have recommended them to friends."
"They found us a deal which we wouldn't have thought of ourselves which gave us a very favourable interest rate with no penalty for coming out early and no mortgage arrangement fee. They were efficient in the administration of our case and took trouble to keep us informed about its progress."
"I must say that giving 5 stars is the only way to express how helpful Nigel Williams and Rita Koehler are. Starting with superstar Nigel who has helped me with the roller coaster changes which I faced with my lender throughout the application process of my first mortgage and Rita keeping me informed as well with every step all the way. I am more than thankful to both of them for helping me out with my application process, thanks to both of them - my application has been approved with the right figures through my lender and I am not going to have to worry regarding any financial hiccups."
"At last I have found my password and can now leave the feedback I think Which deserves. I used your services to re-mortgage my home and despite me telling your advisor what I wanted, he did not carry out my instructions. My fault really, I thought I was dealing with an advisor with integrity but I was wrong and because I was too busy to scrutinise the deal I ended up not getting what I requested. But we live and learn . It will never happen again as I will never use your mortgage service again and I will ensure I tell my friends."
"We only proceeded as far as getting a mortgage in principle with Which?. We were surprised that they didn't have a secure system to send personal information which could be used in ID theft. As they also receive commission from any lender, we decided to go with a fee-free mortgage adviser with a secure process, as it felt unnecessary to spend £500 to apply for a mortgage that other companies complete fee-free ( we are aware that they are also receiving commission)"
"Agree with the other reviewers who talk about slow service.... avoid at all costs if you want to progress your application with any expediency. Have been asked for repeat documentation and not had emails / calls answered. Would certainly not use again."
"Good unbiased information"
"We were first-time buyers and really unsure about the process of getting a mortgage, or the intricacies that arise when buying unusual properties. We were in contact with Which? early-on following the advice of a friend, and were assigned to Derek Stone as our mortgage adviser. Derek was fantastic all the way through our house search and purchase, really de-stressing the process for us at a very high-pressure time. He was very friendly, thorough with explaining things, and provided help very quickly whenever needed. We're very happy with the mortgage we got, and considered the service money very well spent. We would recommend Which? and Derek to anybody needing to get a mortgage"
"Fantastic Service. Mark and Grace were extremely helpful and guided me through things really well and kept me updated throughout. Would recommend for any first time buyer."
"Which Mortgage Advisers get paid both from the customer as well as the lender....the reason is that they provide the "best" mortgage available to the customer and also, do the legwork for the lender e.g., valuation and collection of the paperwork.....however, as they are not the lender, they delay the whole process by many weeks.....in our case, they have asked repeatedly for the same documents and also because of the delay, they had to ask bank statements and salary payslips again.....and this is before the lender examines the application!!!......would have been better to go straight to a lender or two after checking quickly mortgage rates online.......avoid if you want the job done quickly....."
"I cannot recommend Which Mortgage Advisers enough. Tara went ABOVE & BEYOND the call of duty in our opinion. And we were difficult customers! Her down to earth personality but very professional attitude made the whole process stress free and put our minds at ease the whole way through. We will never be using anyone else if we need a mortgage in the future."
"Poor customer service never returned calls most unhelpful advisers I have ever dealt with."
"I am quite sure it is the individual persons making Which look good or not so good. Anna Beattie-Kearley has been helpging me with my remortgage and she was an absolute star. She was acting like my PA or even a friend reminding me of the things I needed to do and chasing up the case much more effectively than myself. I hope in this way I can show my appreciation to her."
"Awful customer service, completely lacking in the personal touch and shockingly slow remortgage. Emails went unanswered, duplicate documents were repeatedly asked for despite already having them, delays were blamed on holidays, a completion date was not provided despite repeated requests until around one week prior to completion. They also abdicate themselves from any and all subsidiary legal services offered by their recommended mortgage provider. This was a major issue so due diligence checks are not being carried out. On complaining I had to wait 4 weeks for their investigation and despite agreeing the service was poor they offered a desultory £50 compensation off the final £200 fee. At this stage they had already received £299 from me and over £1200 from their approved lender. Further requests for telephone contact went unanswered. Eventually got an agent on the phone who rather like a second hand car sales man, kept me on hold whilst going back and forth to up their compensation offer to £100. Would give a wide berth if you are looking for speedy personal service, which after all is the reason we use brokers in the first place. Interestingly if i had received a positive experience and recommended their service they reward both you and the recommendee with up to £100 of John Lewis vouchers, shame they are not so quick to apologise when it comes to their failings. Not really in keeping with their consumer champion image. Again avoid, avoid, avoid!"
"We we're very lucky to get Michael Jarrett as our mortgage adviser. He is efficient, prompt and very professional. Other than being excellent at his job, he is also a good spirited person. It's very rear to come across some who genuinely cares for his clients and Michae is definatley on of the good guys. I highly recommend him and want to thank him for walking us through the home buying maze. Keep up the good work. F and N"
"I am in the process of remortgaging and by the time it is completed, it will have taken 16 weeks. It took less time to move house. The service has been absolutely shocking, which is really disappointing as I used Which a second time, after using them a couple of years before."
""I have had the most amazing mortgage adviser (Anna Beattie-Kearley) for my remortgage package. I cannot rate Anna highly enough. She is very helpful, absolutely fantastic, prompt response and fully supportive at all times.""
"Just completed a re-mortgage as we needed to release funds to add an extra bedroom to our property. From the initial questionnaire, searching for the best mortgage product that suited our needs, through to completion, the process was made so easy. We cannot recommend Mark Denty and Kayleigh Aspinall enough. Their help, guidence and support was invaluable."
Which? Mortgage Advisers is rated 4.46 based on 269 reviews