Weight Loss Resources Reviews

of reviewers recommend Weight Loss Resources
Read Weight Loss Resources Reviews

tracey.walton@weightlossresources.co.uk

Unit 2C, Flag Business Exchange, Vicarage Farm Road

WLR is absolutely brilliant. I first used it about 12 years ago when you kept the food diary in a book, and it was effective then. I'd been using myFitnesspal before switching back to you, and it was pretty hopeless, mostly I think because it's not targeted to weight loss. I've also used Weight Watchers, which went well for a while, but I dislike their despotic approach in forcing people to shift to whatever their latest money-making plan is. I like the WLR challenges, I like how it syncs with my fitbit, and I like how it's UK-centric. If I need to lose a few pounds, I know that if I do WLR and log all my foods, then I'll get there - there's no 'grey areas' or possibility it won't happen, and it's great to have that kind certainty in life. Love you WLR, don't you go changing!
Thanks for your amazing review Lisa. We're so happy that you are happy with the service we provide. We don't have any plans to change the way we work.

Good luck with your goals!

Best wishes, Rory - Helpteam
Weight Loss Resource has helped me to lose weight for the first time in years. The food diary and counting calories has been easy to complete everyday alongside any activities that I have taken part in. The site has a number of helpful resources which I have accessed for things like eating out and holidays. Counting and log calories becomes an addiction - plus I am losing weight which makes me feel happy.
There is so much helpful information and logging the food you have, The particular brand, with the weight, gives such an accurate picture of what you are actually eating! I am losing on average 2lb per week and am very happy with that. Thank you!
Thanks for your review Lyn :)

Good luck with your goals!

Best wishes, Rory - Helpteam
Easy to use and quickly gets you into using the app because of its user friendly features for calories and exercise. The only negative is that the calories on the app don’t coincide with the calories given on the machine. I use the calories from my crosstrainer as they are less than the ones given on the app. There is quite a big difference.
Hi, thanks for your review.

I'm sorry to hear that the calories on the machine are not on par with the calories quoted from the wlr exercise database. Can I ask whether you have entered your height, weight, age, sex etc into the machine as this will have an effect on the number of calories you are given.

The wlr exercise database is specific to you and therefore will be as accurate as possible without the use of a heart rate monitor.

If you need any further help with this, please let us know :)

Best wishes, Rory - Helpteam
Always reliable and helpful. The food and exercise diary is the best produced. Other weight loss organisations frequently change their programmes and rebrand but at the end of the day it is down to eating less calories and moving more.
Thanks for your review Margaret :)

You've hit the nail on the head there - it is very much about moving more and eating less!

So glad to read that you are happy with our service!

Best wishes, Rory, Helpteam
I’ve been with weight loss resources for a few years now, but the last year I’ve been doing a low carb diet as well as watching calories, with great success. WLR is invaluable for keeping tabs on the nutrition side of the diet as well as calories. It’s a way of life now and I don’t feel in control unless I’m using all the information available. Thank you WLR!
Thank you for your lovely review Sue, nice to hear from a wlr veteran - glad that wlr is helping you keep tabs, and hopefully within your goal range 🏅 Yours is a great example of customising the tools to suit yourself, as you know it takes a little time to be able to do that, but is worth it.

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
Great tools, especially the food log, and a wise, helpful community who want to help.
Thank you for your comments Anon, lovely to hear good things about the wlr community🤸‍♀️

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
The support is great, the advice sensible and based on sound research. But like every other diet, if you’re going to lose weight you must follow it consistently. I’m afraid I just haven’t been able to maintain the consistency, despite the kind support. I have lost weight but only 4 lbs in the 12 weeks. Better than nothing. Don’t expect this to be a quick fix.
Thanks for your review Lucy, you are right - wlr isn't a quick fix, we''re all about losing weight for the long term.

Having said that - you are being a little hard on yourself (and us!). It may seem like a long time, but you've only been with us a little over 4 weeks. You should give yourself a pat on the back for your 4lb loss 👏

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
I find having the pie chart, rather unfortunate name, so I call it the ‘wheel’ it makes me balance my eating because you can see at a glance if a certain food is going to take me over the desired quota.

So no food is barred but it is easy to see what would be a better choice. This is unique and that is why I find this is the best way forward for me.
🤣 I've never actually thought about the pie chart in that way - it made us all laugh - well spotted Jan. (Not sure if we'll attempt to rename - but I'll never be able to look at it again without smiling.)

Anyway, glad to hear it's working for you. Thank you very much for your lovely review, - and the smile 😁

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
I’ve resisted using this platform for so long but it makes the weight loss journey a lot easier and for the first time in a long while I’m actually seeing movement on the scale
Hi Elizabeth, thanks for your comment - and for giving wlr a go. Really happy to see it's helping - well done on your weight loss 👏

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
I really only use the data recording and analysis facilities but I recognise the value of the recipes, the encouragement stories and the experience articles for those for whom these are important.

I find the data recording very easy to keep up, easy to update (needs rectifying) or upload (doesn't yet exist in you database) and I find the analysis statistics and presentation perfect for my needs. I have developed my own processing system (spreadsheets, graphs, averages) to suit my own motivational characteristics and these are readily created with your output data.
Thank you very much for your informative review John. I'm intrigued by the spreadsheet system you have set up - it would be really interesting to see the what kinds of data you are surfacing if you don't mind sharing. There may be ways of making this more accessible for you and I'm pretty sure there would be other members who like to get deeper into their data 🤔

Anyway, thanks again - all the best for reaching your goals.

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
Gives you all the tools you need to take control of your eating and exercise whilst still being able to cook from scratch and feed a family
Thanks for your review Elaine, glad to hear that wlr is fitting in with family life - it's not easy being chief cook for everyone 👩‍🍳

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
The site is a great weight loss tool and allows you to be in control and supported on your own terms. You can engage as much or as little as you like so long as you do the food diary! The plans can make logging a lot quicker and the mobile 'cockpit' is very motivating! I have lost over 4 stone so far and genuinely don't believe that I could have achieved it without WLR!
Hi Susan, thank you very much for your lovely review - and tips for other members! You're right - food diary is key to all. Glad to hear that it's going well for you, and well done on your impressive weight loss👏😁

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
PS Apologies for the tardiness of my reply - bit of a mix-up over who's checking in here during holiday period!
Have tried other weight loss companies and diets, but for me, this is the only one that works. Calorie counting, many many foods listed, exercise calories used based on current weight, great discussion threads, support and a graph to show you how well you are progressing. Easy to use, great value for money and would recommend giving it a go.
Hi there Fay, thank you very much for your review and recommendation. It's good to hear that you are finding wlr is easy to use and is working for you.

Wish you all the best for reaching your goals 👍

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
I really like the way I can log all the food I eat online and it provides me with my calorie intake for the day. Its a very useful tool for weight management. I love it and recommend it.
Thanks very much for your positive comments Gail, glad to know that you are finding wlr useful and enjoying using it.

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
Weight Loss Resources is helping me to lose weight, but I am still finding my way around the website and trying to remember to log everything! It takes a bit of getting used to.
Thank you for your comments Angela, glad to hear we're helping you to lose weight but it sounds like we could help a little more with using the tools to full potential - there's a lot there, and you're right, a lot to remember!

Helpteam are pretty good at offering navigation tips and shortcuts, they quite often give tours and pointers, please send a message and one of us will give you a call if you feel that might be useful - we're here to help.

Thanks once again for sharing your experience, Tracey - Helpteam
WLR is great, I've learned how to eat normal food again and still lose weight
Thanks for your insight Pauline, nice to hear you're losing weight without having a long list of 'do not eats' - normal food is best for long term success 😊

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
I’d be lost without this tool! It keeps me focused and has helped me each time if needed to lose a few lbs
Thank you for your positive comment Kimberley, sometimes it just takes a little refresher to keep on track 👍

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
This is a well thought out and excellent aid to dieting. It makes one well aware of the calorie values of whatever you choose to eat.
There is only one area which I query and that is the one of age and the calories needed per day to 'survive' and/or to lose weight. I am nearly 80 and one's metabolic rate is totally different to that of younger people. I am only losing weight if I cut the daily calories substantially below your recommendation. None of my friends over 75 are able to lose weight on average calorie intake. Comments on this aspect of dieting as related to 'seniors' please.
Thanks for your positive comments Anon. (I don't want to use your name in case you prefer not to in a public place.)

It's interesting that you're finding the your daily calorie allowance to be higher than you think it should be. This is because your calorie allowance is calculated according your personal needs - your age, for example is taken into account when we make the calculation.

It may be that there are some other factors/settings need tweaking in order to make sure your allowance is being worked out correctly. Having said that, it's important to say that your weight loss should not be too fast. It's likely that it's not advisable for you to try to lose weight at 2lbs a week for example.

I'm going to ask Rory from the Helpteam to get in touch with you. He'll be able to make sure that everything is set up correctly and give you some more specific advice.

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
Love your website, really helpful.
Thank you for your comment, I'm glad you're finding your membership helpful 😊

Weight Loss Resources is rated 4.72 based on 109 reviews