Waveney River Centre Reviews

88% of reviewers recommend Waveney River Centre
David Grace
"Well.. What a lovely weekend we have just had at Waveney River Centre. It poured with rain all weekend but mattered not a jot! Fabulous site with attentive friendly staff in a stunning location. Thanks we will be back xx"
Alanna Barker
"Beautiful lodge. Had all the resources we need. Defiantly recommend this centre to all my friends"
Rebecca Rose
"Enjoyed our stay here very much. Although it was tricky to find it’s a beautiful location and setting with lots of facilities. The food was top notch and couldn’t complain whatsoever. We were just surprised at the early check out time and the tv in the bedroom had trouble with signal on a few channels but nothing that tainted our stay."
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Fantastic time, just chilled out after Xmas. Extremely friendly staff, lodge immaculately clean,food second to none. We have even spoilt ourselves with a massage every week, absolute heaven!! We would love to come back for summer sun. Thank you"
Thanks so much for a great review! We're glad you had such a nice time, and look forward to seeing you again!
"It's OK. Pet friendly cabin was well furnished with comfortable beds and loads of bedroom storage. Kitchen was adequate but sparsely equipped for self catering. Décor was grubby - dirt marks around light switches, scuff marks on walls and blue tack marks on doors. Posters of rules were over the top and unnecessary. Cabins very close together with little privacy - had to keep curtains closed on one side since so overlooked. Disappointed and not really as expected from Hoeseasons brochure. Would not go again."
Hi Stephen, we're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We've taken your comments on board and will strive to improve. With that said, we hope you enjoyed your stay with us anyway :)
"Upon visiting the centre this week for a 4 night break, we are sorry to say that we found the centre lacking in certain areas. Staff appeared demotivated and not customer facing. Even to the extent of sitting in their cars until dead on 0900 before opening the centre. We noted a list of maintence issues which we reported in a timely manner. Some of these issues were of a health and safety matter. Although reported we had to advise a second time and a maintenance operative appeared but made limited repairs. These faults should have been picked up prior to our visit if checks had been carried out correctly. One maintenance operative even said he had checked the windows were opening and closing correctly and yet when he attended he had to find someone else to tell him how to close them ! Sadly this is not what you expect. On a positive note the apartment was clean, but the issues mentioned above outshone the positives . We left a day early as the shower was never repaired which meant it was cold. Also we had to repair the saucepan as the handle was loose which should have been checked. The most horrifying thing of all was when the kitchen light fell down on the toaster which could have caused a potential fire hazard . After logging all the above we were shocked that no member of the management team came to check that repairs had been carried out to an improved standard . The light was fixed with sticky tape but the tape just came undone! We also reported the hot water was dangerous as far to hot. Again we reported this but no action was taken ."
Hi, we're very sorry that you had this negative experience with us. I will pass your comments on to the relevant departments to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you.
"All the staff are very cheerful and helpful. But it is too crowded. I stayed in a Yurt for 2 nights and caravan in Heron for 4 nights., When staying in the Yurt it was difficult to turn my car next to the Yurt.. I damaged the door on the wooden platform - there was little room for a turning circle when pulling out. I believe that the tents opposite should be removed giving more room for "play" area. Also all one can see from these tents is other tents and cars, People told me that they would not return. Also once I moved to my caravan there was no room for my car AND the awning. I could also hear conversations in neighbouring caravans. Children were running straight from their caravan across the road to get to a space - no "play" area near their caravan. Other holiday parks have very sociable areas for families to play cricket. You need more space. I was very disappointed.. I've been a regular visitor to the Waveney River Centre for over the last twelve years. Please Stop cramming in sites, Remove the sites opposite the Yurts."
"Lovely lodges but unfortunately they don’t mention that building work goes on during your holiday. We would have been very happy if they had asked the gardeners to stop working in front of our lodge but they wouldn’t so we were confined to the inside of our lodge all day for one day of our holiday. We couldn’t use the hot tub that day because our view would have been of men working on the grounds in front of our lodge all day."
"Check in: total chaos in the bar due to an idiotic decision to close reception at the time when everyone checks in. Bar staff doing their best to be helpful Room much too hot and no means of controlling temperature. Lavatory cistern overflow fault. Truculent elderly member of staff at morning reception"
"I was very disappointed as the main reason I booked this site was because of the 10pm no noise policy. The first night I arrived the noise on the camp did not settle until 11.30pm. After questioning this with a member of staff the next day, it appeared that was only one warden at night. So the the ability to police this policy would be very difficult. The following nights were slightly better but still disruptive with children screaming in the middle of the night. The last night I finally lost my cool and had to politely ask the next door campers to turn off the music they decided to start playing at 10pm. Unfortunately one of the noisiest campsites I have stayed at. Pitches were very tight too and extremely close to each other. On the plus toilets/showers were reasonably clean. Children enjoyed the park too."
"Very disappointed paid £125 for a room. Barely slept a wink - walls very thin. Constant coming and going in the coordiors which could be heard through paper thin walls. Didn’t bother to stay for breakfast wanted to get out of the place ASAP! So disappointed."
"the poor star is for the Trail & sail package,park is good and restaurant is good, but the boat launching is bad, ..part of the slipways cement in the water has broken and can damage your trailer, always had to move hire canoes, kayaks when wanting to launch and retrieve our boat, the turning area was full of parked cars so we had to unhitch and re-hitch the trailer to get it onto the slip way"
"Would be great if the strict rules they impose were upheld. Dogs were loose and leaving dog poo everywhere, ball games were being played with balls hitting cars and tents and quite a few people seem to think it's ok to be noisy after ten. What's the point of these rules if they aren't enforced. No one on reception at that time of night to complain too and come the morning can't be bothered to raise the issues. Seems that the rules are more of a gesture"
"We left 2 days earlier than expected.. we don’t have pets and was put in accommodation which had so much dog hairs.. we had to clean, hoover and mop ourselves to feel a bit more at ease.. and all we could smell with the hoover and was wet dog..also the ensuite shower keep filling up and over flowing and smelling of sewag.. for £1300 odd pound this wasnt worth the money at all..to be honest this has put us off with using again."
"Pitches too small booked a kingfisher super pitch which was not very well tended. In fact all the Caravan pitches looked very tired and neglected. The hedges really needed a good cut back. By the time I had put the Caravan on and put the awning up I had no room hardly to get round the Caravan to get to the toilet cassette to empty it and plug the electric in and connect up the waste pipes. yes I admit I have a 3mtre Awning but even with a standard 2.4mtre one there would have been no room to park your car out of the way of the view. the view was lovely but you couldn’t see it because your car was parked right in front so you didn’t get the benefit of the view. I was told I could park my car in the car park, which I did a couple of times, then I was told I was in the marina car park and could I move it to the main car park which was further away and I couldn’t see it from our pitch. I was told there was cctv on the site but the site is open anyone can come and go and in my opinion was not very secure. The site seems to cater more for motorhomes, pods, yurts, chalets and boats but saying all this it is a lovely position but was spoilt by the size of the pitch for us. Moving on to the Waverley Inn, it is quite expensive and the food wasn’t that great. Also dirty plates and glasses were left on all of the tables outside where a seagull had a fine time hopping on the tables eating the remnants of food. Clearly these should have been cleared immediately but they were not which spoilt our evening drink being surrounded with all of the debris. This is just our opinion and we would not return but we try all sites so try it for yourself and see what you think. Mr & mrs J Ellis"
"Being accused of burning the decking , a corner of drawer and black soot in burner whish was like dat wen we turned up i will be putting a bad report as i have still not received my deposit"
"There were too many cars on site. There was no noise control so we were kept awake until 11 each night and then woken up at 6.30 each morning"
"The restaurant is not welcoming at all looks like a school canteen, very cold had to ask for the air con to be turned off, the fish and chips were floating in grease, tasteless ."
"Lodge we were allocated was at the end of the site stuck with building work,also next to the sewage plant, not very nice, and it wasnt even the lodge we booked !!!!"
Thanks for your review. We're sorry you were disappointed. In fact, this is the lodge you booked, we have more than one of the same type and Hoseasons group them together into 'classes'. If you want a specific lodge, please book direct with ourselves. There was no building work whatsoever, but we do plead guilty to carrying 2 bags of bark past your lodge as photographed, for spreading on the borders to prevent weeds.
Waveney River Centre is rated 4.36 based on 579 reviews