Waveney River Centre Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend Waveney River Centre
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
customer service
Jenny Andrews
"Beautiful location with excellent lodges and facilities"
K M Glencross
"Love this place, I had an unfortunate accident on my way into the park and hit the kerb and completely destroyed one side of my motor mover, luckily they had a great team of engineers who took the time to put things right the reception staff where super to. After putting our caravan right and going the extra mile to help us we went on to have a great holiday, it was an amazing place and we had a superb holiday there, free swimming pool, free games room an amazing pub and a shop on site, my only problem was there is no cash machine there. That aside it’s got amazing views and a great park for kids and lots of great walks and lots of stuff for everyone and all ages. Thank for making our holiday a great one."
David Grace
"Well.. What a lovely weekend we have just had at Waveney River Centre. It poured with rain all weekend but mattered not a jot! Fabulous site with attentive friendly staff in a stunning location. Thanks we will be back xx"
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Fantastic time, just chilled out after Xmas. Extremely friendly staff, lodge immaculately clean,food second to none. We have even spoilt ourselves with a massage every week, absolute heaven!! We would love to come back for summer sun. Thank you"
Thanks so much for a great review! We're glad you had such a nice time, and look forward to seeing you again!
"It was ok. I wouldn't come again. Ripped sofas to sit on. 3 of each glasses for a lodge of 6. Pool and shop close early so if you are out for the day and come back you wont have time to use any facilities. The pub food was ok...over priced sides...£5.50 for 5 mushrooms! My daughter went to the park and to climb up the ladder for the slide she ran over to me with hands covered in bird mess from the climbing up...not monitored. The pics looked like there was more to do than there is. The hot tub had bird poo down the front which had to be washed. Its very slippy to get out!! Needs a handle or a textured surface. I'd hoped to do bike rides with kids...its isnt that kind of place at all. Other than a park...its not a kid place. 9am check out, we didnt want to have to rush the kids around so early so we left the night before! £500 for the standards for 2 and a half days plus buying food. I'd go to a hotel next time which would be cheaper and longer check out and facilities times."
"It felt like you weren't quite ready for the season. Lots of things were out of order: vending machine, pool table, penny falls etc. I stayed in a pod but used my friends lodge on the Saturday morning and had no hot water so had to get a cold shower. I was getting ready for a wedding and couldn't give my 4 year old daughter a bath because of this! It seemed like the staff didn't really have a clue what was going on. I went to the inn for a cooked breakfast advertised as £5.95 in a leaflet and when I got there it was £6.50. Just annoying to be given wrong information. It was frustrating not to be able to use the pill on the Saturday morning due to swimming lessons and to have no proper shape end for toddlers when groin the website it all seemed very child friendly. After our swim we just got showered before the hot water ran out. On the plus the shower and toilets were cleaned regularly."
"Terrible break away, so disappointed with the park right from the start"
"Just back from 3 nights in our caravan. Really liked the location but the site just seemed to be lacking the care and up keep. We had some nice days but unfortunately the whole holiday was ruined by deciding to eat at the “Waveney inn” service is dreadful and staff seem to have no idea how to run a restaurant at all. We placed our order the first meal arrived in around 10 minutes unfortunately the rest then came in dribs and drabs and taking 25 minutes to get all the food! When a member of our party complained and returned to the table I then went to the bar to ask for cutlery to find the staff laughing and joking about it. Very poor and disappointing. We were told there was no manager there to talk to and really didn’t seem like they care at all! unfortunately this seems to be the talk around the campsite and one of the first things people seem to be saying to each other was what a shame it’s a beautiful spot but just not what we expected. Just a real shame."
"We did not enjoy our short stay here. There was nothing to do and We found staff to be un helpful. Food at the pub was inedible and the shop poorly stocked. Things were closed before stated closing times. The Swimming pool decided to have session times due to numbers but this was not conveyed to guests so we could book. Instead we turned up with kids dressed up to swim and all the equipment needed for swimming only to be turned away. I wouldn’t mind but i asked in reception several times about pool opening times if you needed to book etc so this sort of thing would not happen. Changing rooms couldn’t cope with amount of people coming out at same time resulting in my son being hit by the toilet and entrance door several times whilst getting changed. The actual lodge itself was lovely. Very clean and Well stocked with everything we needed. We loved the hot tub. But again it did not say in the instructions how to turn the temperature down. Even on our last morning whilst packing the car staff were hanging around an hour before dropping off towels for the next guests, sorting out the hot tub. We felt rushed out and under pressure. I feel like the whole place was quite unorganised."
"Far from 4star as described on web. Nothing like what we expected. Unfriendly receptionist. The lodge itself was spacious but in the need of some care.seats on couches were ripped as well as cushion covers.kitchen very poorly equipped with a frying pan screaming health and safety and unfit for cooking use. Ended up buying myself one so we could cook breakfast. Only two tiny saucepans bei g the alternative. Crockery was unmatched and incomplete. Not enough for 6 people. There was old bloody mess in the cupboard under the sink which we cleaned up. The staff and other trucks drive passed the unit continuously creating a peaceful week break impossible. The ferry ride to the only decent walk was ridiculous as the chap battyled to steer the ferry and kept bashing the other boat and jetty. Very isolated. Hot tub was lovely but in the shade and surrounded by unkept bush. The balcony was tiny and had no sun. Unlike the website suggested. A picnic table at the bbq area would have been great but again no thought has neen given to the comfort of the guests. The pub served basic pub grub and is average. The outside patio tables and high chairs should be discarded. More normal tables are needed. Bar staff were friendly. Really run down and should not have more than one star. Will not be returning. Are all Hoseason places like this? Shocking. As a dog friendly unit it seems that even though we paid £50 for our little dog the unit is unkept as it is used for guests with dogs. As though we are being punished for having a pet and do not deserve quality accomdation."
"Will not go back it's gone down since 2 years ago"
"For the money they're asking you get very little in the way of luxurious touches, they claim to be dog friendly but the minute you walk into the lodge you're confronted with posters listing where and what your dogs cannot do. And they're far to keen for you leave emailing you the night before to remind you to be out no later than 9.30, and staff waiting outside the lodge at 9.20 to get in."
"Taking into account the charges of an out of season pitch there, we expected higher standards but we found your site disappointing in some ways. 1/ Jacuzzi out of order. 2/ Many lockers in the pool area in disrepair and labeled ‘out of order’ 3/ The hose on the rinsing tap over the elsan drain is split and had obviously been like it for some time thus spraying the user. It is covered in excrement due to users being forced to fully insert it into waste tank to avoid being soaked. Very unpleasant. 4/ Some shower doors in both ladies and gents toilets have broken or unserviceable locks. 5/ Hot drinks machine had no milk for four days thus all coffees incl white and cappuccino only came out black. 6/ Some notices were authored in a condescending manner thus unpleasant to read. 7/ The so-called free WiFi was almost useless forcing either extra payment for a reasonable speed or in our case, use of 4G. Highly misleading! These are the main points that only we had observed. We left early in disappointment."
"We were really surprised how tired the whole site appears, appreciate there is work going on to repair the jetty. but the rest of the site is so unkept. which is totally out of character. The toilet block and dishwashing facilities adjacent to the swimming pool were closed and locked down, and only 3 of the 8 toilets/showers open in the main block, this was really inadequate considering all but 2 of the touring pitches were full and there were occupants in the Yurts and Escape pods. There was no mention of this when booking or even when we contacted the site to see if we could reserve a specific pitch. We can only assume the site is under new ownership, as the previous owners took a massive interest in ensuring the site was always spick and span and welcoming the heir customers."
"It's OK. Pet friendly cabin was well furnished with comfortable beds and loads of bedroom storage. Kitchen was adequate but sparsely equipped for self catering. Décor was grubby - dirt marks around light switches, scuff marks on walls and blue tack marks on doors. Posters of rules were over the top and unnecessary. Cabins very close together with little privacy - had to keep curtains closed on one side since so overlooked. Disappointed and not really as expected from Hoeseasons brochure. Would not go again."
Hi Stephen, we're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We've taken your comments on board and will strive to improve. With that said, we hope you enjoyed your stay with us anyway :)
"Upon visiting the centre this week for a 4 night break, we are sorry to say that we found the centre lacking in certain areas. Staff appeared demotivated and not customer facing. Even to the extent of sitting in their cars until dead on 0900 before opening the centre. We noted a list of maintence issues which we reported in a timely manner. Some of these issues were of a health and safety matter. Although reported we had to advise a second time and a maintenance operative appeared but made limited repairs. These faults should have been picked up prior to our visit if checks had been carried out correctly. One maintenance operative even said he had checked the windows were opening and closing correctly and yet when he attended he had to find someone else to tell him how to close them ! Sadly this is not what you expect. On a positive note the apartment was clean, but the issues mentioned above outshone the positives . We left a day early as the shower was never repaired which meant it was cold. Also we had to repair the saucepan as the handle was loose which should have been checked. The most horrifying thing of all was when the kitchen light fell down on the toaster which could have caused a potential fire hazard . After logging all the above we were shocked that no member of the management team came to check that repairs had been carried out to an improved standard . The light was fixed with sticky tape but the tape just came undone! We also reported the hot water was dangerous as far to hot. Again we reported this but no action was taken ."
Hi, we're very sorry that you had this negative experience with us. I will pass your comments on to the relevant departments to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you.
"All the staff are very cheerful and helpful. But it is too crowded. I stayed in a Yurt for 2 nights and caravan in Heron for 4 nights., When staying in the Yurt it was difficult to turn my car next to the Yurt.. I damaged the door on the wooden platform - there was little room for a turning circle when pulling out. I believe that the tents opposite should be removed giving more room for "play" area. Also all one can see from these tents is other tents and cars, People told me that they would not return. Also once I moved to my caravan there was no room for my car AND the awning. I could also hear conversations in neighbouring caravans. Children were running straight from their caravan across the road to get to a space - no "play" area near their caravan. Other holiday parks have very sociable areas for families to play cricket. You need more space. I was very disappointed.. I've been a regular visitor to the Waveney River Centre for over the last twelve years. Please Stop cramming in sites, Remove the sites opposite the Yurts."
"Lovely lodges but unfortunately they don’t mention that building work goes on during your holiday. We would have been very happy if they had asked the gardeners to stop working in front of our lodge but they wouldn’t so we were confined to the inside of our lodge all day for one day of our holiday. We couldn’t use the hot tub that day because our view would have been of men working on the grounds in front of our lodge all day."
"Check in: total chaos in the bar due to an idiotic decision to close reception at the time when everyone checks in. Bar staff doing their best to be helpful Room much too hot and no means of controlling temperature. Lavatory cistern overflow fault. Truculent elderly member of staff at morning reception"
"I was very disappointed as the main reason I booked this site was because of the 10pm no noise policy. The first night I arrived the noise on the camp did not settle until 11.30pm. After questioning this with a member of staff the next day, it appeared that was only one warden at night. So the the ability to police this policy would be very difficult. The following nights were slightly better but still disruptive with children screaming in the middle of the night. The last night I finally lost my cool and had to politely ask the next door campers to turn off the music they decided to start playing at 10pm. Unfortunately one of the noisiest campsites I have stayed at. Pitches were very tight too and extremely close to each other. On the plus toilets/showers were reasonably clean. Children enjoyed the park too."
"Very disappointed paid £125 for a room. Barely slept a wink - walls very thin. Constant coming and going in the coordiors which could be heard through paper thin walls. Didn’t bother to stay for breakfast wanted to get out of the place ASAP! So disappointed."
"the poor star is for the Trail & sail package,park is good and restaurant is good, but the boat launching is bad, ..part of the slipways cement in the water has broken and can damage your trailer, always had to move hire canoes, kayaks when wanting to launch and retrieve our boat, the turning area was full of parked cars so we had to unhitch and re-hitch the trailer to get it onto the slip way"
"Would be great if the strict rules they impose were upheld. Dogs were loose and leaving dog poo everywhere, ball games were being played with balls hitting cars and tents and quite a few people seem to think it's ok to be noisy after ten. What's the point of these rules if they aren't enforced. No one on reception at that time of night to complain too and come the morning can't be bothered to raise the issues. Seems that the rules are more of a gesture"
"We left 2 days earlier than expected.. we don’t have pets and was put in accommodation which had so much dog hairs.. we had to clean, hoover and mop ourselves to feel a bit more at ease.. and all we could smell with the hoover and was wet dog..also the ensuite shower keep filling up and over flowing and smelling of sewag.. for £1300 odd pound this wasnt worth the money at all..to be honest this has put us off with using again."
Waveney River Centre is rated 4.34 based on 830 reviews