Travelup Reviews

65% of reviewers recommend Travelup

How would you rate Travelup ?

"Was told id have a full refund if cancelled.. they tricked me into paying some deposit thats non refundable.. made it very unclear... all other sights such as expedia give full refunds ...no hidden fees ... beware"
"Last April `18, I´d booked several flight journeys to Brazil from London. Travelup was quick and assertive in assist me all the way, hence why I prefer it in comparison to others provided at that time. This Monday I received a message from TravelUp, specifically by Mr. RHYS TURNER CUSTOMER SERVICE, making me aware of a change that could not be able to sort it out immediatly: one of the aircompanies from my flight connections had suffered some changes and I would be flying with another one. But I didn´t have any confirmation document nor a new e-ticket. Mr. RHYS TURNER understood my concern and immediatly was on top of the matter by insistingly calling the new aircompany for that flight connection in order to ensure the new e-ticket. After 2 days on a dedicated effort, Mr. RHYS TURNER CUSTOMER SERVICE made it happen and the solution arrived to my e-mail reassuring myself on this quite important trip. Once again TravelUp went overboard to make a client happy and all I can truly say is THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your service in the person of Mr. Rhys Turner. Cheers"
Ini-Obong Nkang
Verified Reviewer
"My flight was rescheduled and the staff at Travelup were extremely incompetent in trying to rectify the problem as I ended up stating what I wanted to be done time and time again and they STILL went against my wishes. Terrible."
Martin Hambrook
Unverified Reviewer
"good coms customer service and very competetive price"
Patricia Springbett
Unverified Reviewer
"Good value and good customer service from Rhys Turner. My flight was cancelled by British Airways and Rhys was helpful with advising me of the change."
"I booked a return BA ticket to Johannesburg on Travel Up and despite speaking to BA who told me as a Saphire status I would get 2 bags the ticket was a one of their new cabin baggage only ticket. They refused to accept responsibility for their wrong advice and would not change change it. They said I had to do it through my travel agent I spoke to David Raza, a supervisor at Travel Up, who quickly upgraded my ticket for far less than if I had purchased baggage on BA. He was courteous and efficient. I will certainly use them again."
Siamak Salaki
Verified Reviewer
"I paid £572.98 for One ticket to Yerevan on Aug/2017. When I informed the company that I have a problem travelling with 2 transfers one week before the travel time, they informed me that the ticket is unrefundable and they just pay me £15.25 (Tax fee). I cant beleve that they DID NOT EVEN PAY ME BACK THE LITTLE £15."
Fernando GOMES
Unverified Reviewer
"By allocating good tickets after my flights were cancelled"
"Kate, was the advisor that helped me with my enquiries this morning. I would just like to say a massive thank you to her, as she was able to sort out my query with in a very timely manner. She was very pleasant to talk to and made me very pleased to of booked with travelup. Thanks again Kate"
"Do not answer support emails. Had a medical emergency and travel up delayed and delayed until the deadline for changing my flight had passed. Stopped replying to my emails, blocked me from their social media and refuse to refund the tax from the missed flight.. I'm not asking for a full refund, just what I am owed! Avoid at all costs."
"Be careful horrible experience, worst travel booking ever., I had purchased two rooms for Dominican Republic, one for my family from USA and another for my family in Cuba which couldn't travel because their visa was denied, I called with enough time in advance to cancel one of the roomsthat cost me $2000 dollars, they doesn't discuss anything by phone, needs to be by email only and they even bother on called the hotel to upgrade the only room, cancel the room or postpone for a future date, once I called and the woman who answers from India or Pakistan who knows, hang up the phone on me. we end up loosing our money. Never use this company. We will never do it again. Worst ever."
"Easily booked and any changes to flights were explained by Ryan Turner Customer services by email as soon as they occurred, he dealt with the details very professionally. I will definitely use Travelup again, great prices and lovely service"
"I have never had to write a review before but watch out ever for this company. They took over 15 thousand of our money and then denied it received payment. We confirmed with our bank and they took our money. No tickets and no money and we are still arguing to get our money back. Worst experience ever. I would been better off buying the tickets from the Russian mob or from the markets of Lagos. Please be aware of vendors such as travel up especially if your a family which works to save their money for traveling"
"I have never felt the need to come and review a travel company before, but our experience with this company was appalling, and I wished we had known before using them. We booked our honeymoon tickets to America with them last year, and have just returned after a 4 week trip. We saved up and booked Upper Class tickets with Virgin as a real treat. Our flight out was fine, however when we came to check in at Las Vegas airport a couple of days ago we were informed that someone from Travel Up had applied for a refund on our tickets on 18th May - whilst we were on honeymoon. We obviously had not sanctioned this, we had no communication from Travel Up and there was no money refunded to my credit card. What made us even more suspicious was that my husband's ticket was refunded first at 9am UK time (1am in Las Vegas), and then 10 minutes later mine was refunded. We then spent a frantic hour trying to contact someone from Travel Up - all of the "emergency" numbers informed us they were closed and the number for the "duty manager" rang out. Eventually the Customer Services manager at Virgin found a random mobile number on the internet for "Ken" - who thankfully picked up. After a total of 3 hours of what should have been spent soaking up the last of our honeymoon in the lounge and within 10 minutes of check-in closing, Travel Up accepted culpability and Ken agreed to arrange for replacement tickets (for which we are grateful), however with no explanation of what had happened. It all just stinks of fraud, and the emergency contact protocols are not fit for purpose. We will never be using this company again, and have written to the CEO - awaiting his response - and will escalate to the ombudsman if needed."
"Able to sort out new flights quickly and efficient after cancelled flight."
"Very good prompt service. The agent Peter Braun took his time to look at various options and get back to me. We had lots of specific requirements and he was able to find suitable flights and times for us. Saved us a lot of time and the cost of the flights are definitely lower than booking directly with airline.Insteadh of making us wait in the line for hours on end, he noted our requirements and came back with options, which was great. Thanks"
Christopher Rooney
Verified Reviewer
"Our flights that we booked through Travelup were changed meaning instead of flying Glasgow to Newark direct we had to go via Munich arriving 12 hours later than the initial flights. After speaking to Jenna Summers she managed to get us onto flights via Dublin, getting us into Newark at a far better time."
"We've booked flights through TravelUp, for a family trip to Amercia. This involves multi city destinations. We've had a number of flight time changes (Airline changes) involving our return trip. Rhys Turner has been our main point of contact at TravelUp. Rhys has done a great job in confirming all our flight changes and keeping us well informed. Rhys is very responsive and personable, providing great customer service."
"Thanks for responding to my query/."
"Had to make some changes to my flight. Spoke to Rys Turner and he sorted everything to my satisfaction. Very happy"
Travelup is rated 3.49 based on 682 reviews