Travel Republic Reviews

86% of reviewers recommend Travel Republic

How would you rate Travel Republic?

7 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
David Garrard

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Travel Republic in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
David Garrard
"Booking made on TravelRepublic website but as an agent for YouTravel. 23rd September 2017- booking made for one night in Amsterdam on 4th November 2017. Initial payment made with terms of offer (balance) to be settled on 21st October 2017 21st October 2017- full balance payment made 24th October 2017 - notification that my booking is not going to be honoured. No previous notification or indication that there was a problem with the booking between 21st September and 24th October. "Occasionally, for operational reasons, it may become necessary to make changes to your booking. It is with regret that we have to relocate your booking due to hotel overbooking". 30th Oct- received confirmation that the SECOND hotel was successfully booked 2nd Nov: there was a further error. The hotel has changed AGAIN to a THIRD HOTEL. This was on the afternoon on the 2nd and I was flying out in the morning on the 4th so was effectively one day's notice! So clearly, the previous confirmation wasn't a proper confirmation so why tell me it was confirmed??? Issues:- 1)Why were Travel Republic/YouTravel offering rooms for the hotel in September if they were sold out? 2)Why did they wait for FIVE weeks before telling me? 3)Why did they confirm the second hotel was booked on 30th Oct and then on 2nd Nov, say it was not? 4)As I was flying early on the 4th Nov, I had to accept the proposed alternative on 2nd Nov because everywhere within my budget was sold out! I made my booking on 23rd Sept, when there was choice. 5)Also my original booking had free WiFi, where as the THIRD hotel did not. 6) I booked a hotel close to Westerpark, where I was attending an event and would mean I could travel and from the event via an easy 5-10 minute walk. The two other hotels were in a different part of the city. One was 5.7km away! 7) I wasted lots of time and hassle, having to research the other hotels location, logistics on how to get there, numerous phone calls and emails. I fed back my complaint in October after the first calamity (got no response) and chased again in Nov adding in the details of the second calamity, and after around six weeks they have finally decided to respond today on 13th December by effectively saying "oh, mistakes happen...it's YouTravel's fault not us....but you had a choice and did accept the hotel on the 2nd Nov....". Offering a customer a 'choice' of a refund or an alternative hotel effectively ONE day before they fly out is not a real choice! I checked booking site in Oct, after the first calamity, and everywhere decent was fully booked! On 23rd September, there WAS CHOICE. Travel Republic have CHOSEN to do do business with YouTravel. You cannot exonerate yourself from their actions. Travel Republic can chosen who to represent on your website: if a hotel brokers is not reliable or reputable, then Travel Republic should consider removing any hotels offered by them from their website. They did not and have not so clearly, they are comfortable working with an incompetent organisation, which reflects on them. I am a frequent traveller (business and leisure) and have made 115 bookings in the past 9 years on a rival site. I have NEVER experienced such a booking this disorganised and fraught with errors. Had I been notified of the error promptly (i.e. in September), I would have been able to arrange a suitable alternative myself. After lots of time and hassle wasted on this ordeal, they have offered NO COMPENSATION for their incompetency. AVOID!!!"
Wajahat Ali
"Found a deal for a holiday to Dubai that was cheaper than anywhere else. Missed the flights due to a number of reasons (have since repressed the trauma lol). Due to the complex arrangements behind the package (very complicated) staff were able to arrange new flights quickly. We were told multiple times by Emirates that the flights we had secured first time round were super cheap, so Travel Republic are able to cut costs by creating packages."
Leonard Jackson
"I read bad reports about a hotel I booked and phoned TravelRepublic in the hope of changing hotels and wads dealt with very efficiently by a lady called Bella who handled the change and put my mind at rest. I cannot praise her enough and hope her boss reads this and rewards her. I have just returned from my break and have already booked another break with TR. I am more than happy to highly recommend them to anyone looking to book a holiday or hotel. Thanks once again TR and especially thank you Bella."
Bm Lockett
"They always help me to plan a perfect holiday with confidence. Easy to use website and their system guides you through every process from the day you book to the day you travel. If you do have any questions you can speak to an actual person !!!!!"
Angela Hallam
"I have booked numerous of holidays through travel republic and it is so easy and fantastic service"
Mrs Julia Beamish
"Smooth booking of our holiday with no hitches advisor ensured every aspect if our holiday was exactly what we wanted"
"Excellent value for money, very easy and straight forward booking process. Hotel was exactly as they had described. Overall very happy"
Travel Republic is rated 4.43 based on 7 reviews