Top Villas Reviews

69% of reviewers recommend Top Villas

info@thetopvillas.com

Innovation House Innovation Way Discovery Park

How would you rate Top Villas ?

"BEWARE, UNSANITARY AND UNSAFE HEALTH CONDITIONS! This was probably the worst experience we've had at Reunion Resort. We booked a 4 night stay through thetopvillas.com (managed by Reunion Vacation Homes). The room we originally booked, the refrigerator went out at 8:30pm, so Reunion Vacation Homes moved us to another room at 9:30pm, which they called it an "upgrade". When we entered the room, there were dirty, blood stained sheets draped across the kitchen countertop. As we walled walked through the property, one of the bedrooms was not even made up. The furniture was worn, tore and in very bad condition. We contacted Reunion vacation Homes regarding the condition of the room and the blood stained sheets, they ensured us someone will be out to take care of it. At approx 11:30pm, I called them again and they asked me to toss the blood stained sheets outside of the front door for someone to pickup. The next morning we contact Reunion Vacation Homes and TopVillas informing them we will be leaving the property and would like a refund due to horrible, unsafe conditions. They explained the most they will do is refund us the first night. Which, they charged out credit card the entire stay. Never-the-less, we disputed the charge on the credit and intend to move forward with litigation if need be. BE WARE, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR GUESTS!"
Hi Joe,

Thank you for your review. I have had a look back through your case and can see that you were unhappy with the original condo that you had booked and requested to move that evening. It was therefore organised for you to move to an alternative nearby condo which had a higher nightly rate and therefore was considered an upgrade on your original property. Unfortunately as the request to move was so last minute, the pre-arrival checks had not been completed by the property management and there were a couple of issues that you found upon arrival, as this was now past 9.30pm we were unable to arrange for someone to visit the property and rectify these issues that late in evening but you were advised that someone would be visiting the property in the morning to rectify these issues. You then left the property prior to the morning visit from the property manager and requested a full refund instead. This has now been agreed with your credit card company and a full refund was given.

Guest Experience Manager
"we rent a villa 2 weeks at Championsgate. The house is new and beautiful but already casse shower door, coffee table casse dand the closet, no pool towels, kitchen utensils really the minimun, tea towel missing, broom and mop breaks etc ... We sent 1 mail which is to remain unanswered. We had to rent the BBQ 2 weeks very expensive $ 190 and without using much after a week more gas. we called the number given in the binder and we were told that the replacement of gas was not their responsibility! I regularly rent villas in Orlando but I do not think to come back with the top Villa."
Hi Laurence,

Thank you for your review. I have had a look into your case and I cannot locate any emails from you during your stay, I would be really grateful if you could send this across to me so I can investigate why this went unanswered. Regarding the rental BBQ, this is a service we offer to our guests for homes where a BBQ does no come as standard. A 2-burner BBQ costs $65 + tax per week and a 4-burner BBQ costs $95 + tax per week, this is in-line with other Suppliers in the Orlando area. The BBQs are delivered with a full tank of propane gas but we do advise that it is the guest's responsibility to re-fill the tank if they run out, this can be done at many locations in the Orlando area including Walmart and Home Depot.

Susannah Schwenderling
"This place was amazing we did not want to leave we plan on returning next year beautiful beautiful place you guys made us feel better than being at home min love"
Hi Demetrius,

Thank you for your review. We are always so pleased to hear that our guests were happy with their stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our beautiful homes very soon.

Guest Experience Manager
"When we arrived at the property in Bridgeford Crossing, we were greeted with two trashcans overflowing with trash and flies everywhere. Upon entering the house, we discovered a pair of underwear on the kitchen counter. There were only three working lights in the family room area out of six. Neither of the two lamps worked until we took a bulb out of one in the formal living room. The downstairs master was so dark that we had to remove the shades from the lamps to get better lighting. There were only three TVs in the entire five bedroom house. One of them only got an all local news channel. I know that people don't go on vacation to watch television, but when one settles down for the night, TV watching is appreciated. There were no lights in the pool which made night swimming difficult. We were unaware of the parking policy of the subdivision, which made parking on the street illegal, until one of the residents were so kinds as to inform us. That should have been mentioned someplace in the information packet. The house just was not what we expected after staying in the Champions Gate resort. There was a hole in the wall in the laundry room area. The entire time we felt we had to be extra quiet at night because we were in a residential subdivision. We were not aware of this prior to arriving. All that being said, we will use Top Villas again; however, we will only rent properties in the Champions Gate resort."
Hi Rashaeda,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience in one of our properties. We always strive to only offer the very best properties on Top Villas and I will be investigating how the issues with the trash, underwear and missing light bulbs occurred, it would be very helpful if you could send across any correspondence that you had with the property manager and with us as I am having trouble locating anything in our systems. Bridgeford Crossing is a residential community where there are a small selection of vacation homes available for rent, many of our guests prefer this as it means the resort in general is quieter with a more "local" feel to it as opposed to the larger resorts such as Championsgate. I will personally ensure this information is added to the property listing so all guests staying in this property are aware.

Guest Experience Manager
"This house was everything that the pictures show. It was spacious and accommodating for our family. All of our needs were meet by the property attendants. We will definitely return to this property."
Hi Tressa,

Thank you for your review. We are always so pleased to hear great feedback from our guests and we hope to welcome you back to one of our lovely homes very soon.

Guest Experience Manager
"We really enjoyed this property. My family and I had a ball. The only downfall was the pool was very small and the ceiling looked patched up and needed to be redone. Other than that we loved the property."
Hi,

Thank you for your review. It is always so great to hear lovely feedback from our guests, we really appreciate it and hope to welcome you back to one of our properties in the near future.

Guest Experience Manager
"It was 14 of us 8 adults and 6 kids and we had a great time the house was very kid friendly very nice and clean we all loved the pool area. We only had 2 issues the master bedroom upstairs bed rail kept falling and the tv didn't work. Otherwise the house was perfect I liked that it sits on the corner. I think we are done with Disney but if we ever have to come back to Florida I would stay here again. Thank You so much."
Hi Lena,

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Emerald Island. We have many homes in Florida and the Caribbean and would love to welcome you to another of our beautiful homes in the near future.

Guest Experience Manager
"We had an amazing time with our family!!!! Will definitely come back to stay again. The house was very clean and the water park was fun for our kids and the water slides were awesome. One of our best trips. Kudos to the staff and everyone that made this possible for us."
Hi,

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you had a great time staying in the Encore Resort, the water park there is certainly very popular with our guests! We would love to welcome you back to one of our beautiful homes again soon.

Guest Experience Manager
"Every step of the way i was kept informed 1 of the best destination Agency i have went through. I highly recommend"
Hi Reggie,

Thank you for your review. It is always so great to hear lovely feedback from our guests, I'll be sure to let the entire team here at Top Villas know what a great experience you had with our company and we hope to welcome you back again to one of our beautiful homes very soon.

Guest Experience Manager
"We had an awesome time...we enjoyed the resort and the home was amazing."
Hi Shaneika,

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you had an awesome time staying in the Encore Resort and hope to welcome you back again soon to one of our beautiful homes.

Guest Experience Manager
"Enjoyed every part of this vacation home."
Hi,

Thank you for your review. It is always so great to hear lovely feedback from our guests and we hope to welcome you back to another of our beautiful homes very soon.

Guest Experience Manager
"What a great experience! From arrival to check-in to the great service received from the guide who showed the house...it was absolute perfection. My family had such a great time and we are looking forward to returning for thanksgiving!"
Hi Kristin,

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful experience staying in the Encore Resort and we look forward to welcoming you back to one of our beautiful properties very soon.

Guest Experience Manager
"We had a wonderful stay in Cape Coral 134 with nine person. The house is well equipped, nothing we missed. We enjoyed the billiard table, the pool and sitting on the landing stage with a beer in the evening."
Hi Claudia,

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay in Cape Coral, it really is a very special place! We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our beautiful properties again in the near future.

Guest Experience Manager
"My stay was amazing! I rented 2 houses for 5 days for my sons graduation! The locations were brand new, super clean and had all the amenities we needed. The water park was fantastic and the service was top notched. There we 18 of us and we were all comfortable and happy. I would definitely go back over and over again! Fantastic locations!"
Hi Trayce,

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you had an amazing stay in 2 of our homes in the Encore Resort, the water park is certainly a very popular amenity with our guests! We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our beautiful homes in the very near future.

Guest Experience Manager
"We have booked a villa at Champions Gate with Top Villas. I must say that the service has been top class (literally). Marina has been amazing during the process. She is very informative. She answered all our queries very promptly and gave us good insight in respect of the requirements for our holiday. She even gave us a discount for our stay (which is during peak time). We would highly recommend their service particularly for a large booking like ours with so many details to enquire about."
Hi Shauna,

Thank you for your review. We always strive to offer exceptional service to our guests so it's really great to hear that you thought Marina's service was amazing, she is thrilled to hear this feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to another Top Villas home very shortly.

Guest Experience Manager
"Booked in 6 months earlier for July big family holiday to Disney. 6 weeks in advance told the villa had been "sold" and offered 3 substandard alternatives (less bedrooms and old furnishings) or asked to pay more for a similar property! Still have our money and no villa. Won't return calls. Not the experience we have been saving up for! Update: Finally agreed after escalation to senior manager to provide a property which was similar but very stressful overall."
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your recent booking with us. Unfortunately on very rare occasions, homeowners do decide to sell their properties whilst there are bookings in place and we are left with no choice but to find an alternative property for our guests, I can assure you this was not a "bait and switch" tactic and we did our very best to relocate you to an upgraded property.

Guest Experience Manager
"I apprehensively booked a stay through Top Villas for our recent vacation. The reviews were mixed and I decided to take a chance. I am happy the property was as described, for the most part, but there were a number of issues. First, Top Villas did not direct us to the correct entrance, and when I communicated that to them, they didn’t understand how that was possible. They direct us to the entrance of the unit, but that requires entrance with a key card only owners have. The sign directed us to another entrance with a guard, and then we had to drive across a bridge into the correct area. When we arrived, our code to enter the door was wrong. This code had been sent out the morning of check in. The office would not answer the phone, so I had to call the main top villas line to beg for help; we had just driven an hour from Tampa with two tired toddlers. After the code issue was fixed, we walked into the unit with a strong unpleasant odor that has permeated into our luggage and clothing, even through washes. Top villas tries rectifying this smell by spraying air freshener, which they left on the counter. We were told the toaster would be replaced, as it didn’t work, but it never was. There was also a fly problem that only multiplied as we were there. Additionally, the dishwasher was broken and there was no dustpan for the broom. The bathrooms and kitchen looked like it hadn’t been wiped down in months, despite the unit supposedly being cleaned the morning of check in. There was staining on the carpet and damage to walls and frames. The plug in the bath was also broken, but did the job. There was also no trash bin, and we were instructed to leave trash outside as top villas wasn’t sure what to do either. A positive was the beds were really comfy. But we were really disappointed and wouldn’t use the company again. It’s clear the owner or company does not consider its guests."
Hi,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I have had a look through your case and would like to put across our side of the story on this. I can see that you had issues with the unmanned gate that you were directed to on your arrival instructions, this was the first time we had ever been made aware of this but we have since updated the way we provide our directions to the resort to ensure this has not happened again so I thank you for raising this to us. Upon arrival, you reported that the door code was incorrect, unfortunately due to an administrative error, the door code on your reminder email was incorrect but the code in your official information pack was correct, I appreciate this is not ideal especially with young children and my colleague, Megan did apologise profusely to you regarding this. We have added an additional step to our procedures so this scenario cannot occur for future guests. Once you had checked into the property on 31st May, you reported there was a smell of Indian food in the condo. My colleague Megan advised you she would send around housekeeping to perform an additional clean which was completed on 1st June, the smell persisted and 2 inspectors visited the property that day and determined that the smell was in fact coming from a neighbouring property which as you can appreciate is out of anyone's control. You also reported that the toaster was broken on 1st June and this was replaced on the same day. Upon checking out on 7th June, you sent a follow up email reporting a number of issues including the missing dust pan, the dust in the bathrooms, the fly problem and the dishwasher, none of which were raised to the inspectors who visited on 1st June or to us hence we had no opportunity to rectify these issues at the time. I hope you can appreciate this is also very frustrating to us as I'm sure these things could have been so easily resolved had we been made aware.

We do hope to be given the opportunity to welcome you back to one of our beautiful properties in the future.

Guest Experience Manager
"NO COMPASSION FOR CANCER My father has been diagnosed with stage 3 aggressive prostate cancer and cannot travel this summer (2018) due to extensive radiation and hormone treatment. Top Villas had taken a deposit for a Villa in Orlando. I fully explained the circumstances to Top Villas and asked if the deposit could be held for a booking in 2019, when hopefully successfull treatment enables all of our family to travel. They simply stated their terms and conditions show a non refundable deposit and showed no compassion at all for the awful circumstances. Now I know the terms ans conditions are correct but every other company we had bookings with have understood the situation and been very accommodating. Not Top Villa’s. I am very upset."
Hi Brad,

Thank you for your review. I am very sad to read about your experience with us and can assure you we have every sympathy with your position. I have investigated this with my sales team and they informed me that you were given the option to postpone your dates into 2019 however the dates that you requested were already booked by another guest.

Please do get in contact with me directly should you wish to discuss this as I would really like to make this right for you.

Guest Experience Manager
"If I could give them negative stars... I would."
Hi,

Thank you for your review. As this review is anonymous, I cannot investigate what happened with your booking. Feedback is so important to us as a company and I would be really grateful if you could please contact me directly with further information about what happened.

Guest Experience Manager
"RENTERS BEWARE! TOP VILLAS ARE SCAMMERS! In early January of 2018, I contacted The Top Villas agency concerning renting three apts for a family group vacation to Barbados. I spoke to an Oscar Perez, I informed Mr. Perez of our needs. I had contacted the firm a week earlier concerning the three rentals, but the rep never followed up. That should have been my first sign. After speaking with Mr. Perez, I was told that two of the three apts which had been available days before were now magically unavailable, but he could "do me the favor" of getting me into three of his other properties that were nearly double the cost of my selected rentals. I declined. I proceeded with the rental of the only rental that was now available, signed a contract with Top Villas for the apt, and made a 50% non-refundable down-payment towards the total of the apt. On March 20th, 2018, I contacted Mr. Perez to find out when my remaining balance would be due. It was at this point, for the first time, that Mr. Perez informed me that our reservation had allegedly been canceled. NOTE: WE RECEIVED NO NOTICE OR REFUND FROM MR. PEREZ OR TOP VILLAS IN RESPECT TO THEIR BREACH OF CONTRACT IN THE TWO MONTH SINCE SIGNING A BINDING AGREEMENT & MAKING A NON-REFUNDABLE DOWN PAYMENT. After contacting management at Top Villas, instead of honoring their agreement, once again, Mr. Perez tried to push me into another much more expensive or not of the same standard property while acknowledging they never sent me my funds back, since allegedly canceling with no notice two months earlier, and I quote, "We can find an alternative if you prefer since I have verified that we haven't reimbursed [you] on our accounting end. " - Mr. Perez Our family is now stranded with no suitable or cost comparable lodging options, as Barbados is a popular destination during this period, and all other comparable properties in the similar price range and location have already been rented for our dates or prices have been increased substantially. Upon doing some research, I have found out this is common practice by Top Vilas. There are numerous complaints online of guests booking with Top Villas, their reservation being cancelled by top villas for no cause, and top villas then trying to push them into a more expensive property. This is not the way you do business. If I had not contacted Mr. Perez and Top Villas to inquire about the payment date, we could have easily made the second payment via their site and arrived in another country with no knowledge that we had nowhere to stay. This has greatly affected our family and we now have no idea what we will do. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE TOP VILLAS YOUR BUSINESS. YOU WILL REGRET IT! I DO. PLEASE USE REPUTABLE VACATION RENTAL COMPANIES LIKE AIRBNB, HOMEAWAY, FLIPKEY, AND VRBO."
Hi Gardy,

Thank you for your review. I would firstly like to apologise for what happened when you tried to book an apartment in Barbados through us, this has certainly fallen short of our usual high standards and we have since revised our internal procedures to ensure that this does not occur again with any future guests.

I have taken a look into exactly what happened, and I can see that a booking was entered into our reservations system on 19th January 2018 for a stay in Barbados from 1st August 2018 to 7th August 2018. Unfortunately although the villa was showing as available when your sales agent Oscar entered your details into our system, the management company confirmed that there was in fact a booking already in place for those dates. An email was sent to you by Oscar on 23rd January 2018 advising you that the home was no longer available and how you would like to proceed. It looks like this email was missed and there was no further communication until March 20th 2018 when you chased regarding your final balance payment. This is a very unfortunate circumstance and it is very rare that this would have been missed by both our sales team and accounts team. Our standard procedure would have been to notify you immediately if the villa was unavailable, offer you a variety of alternative options at different price points and if these were not suitable then offer you a full refund immediately of your deposit.

Unfortunately by the time that both parties realised this mistake had been made, there were a limited number of condos left for your dates, therefore Oscar offered you the condos that were still available which were more expensive than you had previously booked. I would like to stress that this is not a sales tactic, it was simply the only condos we had left in that region of Barbados and if we could have offered you options at lower price points then we certainly would have done this.

You mention that you were disappointed that we did not honor our agreement, but I hope you understand that it is unique to our industry that unlike a hotel, we do not have 100 units of the same room available and if another guest has already booked a unit, it is not possible for us to move them out. The only thing we can do is try our very best to find alternative accommodation or process a full refund.

If you would like to discuss this case any further, please do reach out to me.

Top Villas is rated 3.84 based on 95 reviews