Tool Net Reviews

29% of reviewers recommend Tool Net

Unit 3 Drayton Road, Tonbridge United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Tool Net ?

"I paid £155.00 for 2 jump starter packs that never arrived .Tool net suddenly had no email or phone number and after weeks of trying to get my money back pay pal did not want to know either. Do not be a mug like me and buy anything from TOOL NET.CO.UK it is a scam and they will rip you off. S.Miller Hertfordshire"
"Order still not received, yet payment taken, cannot get any response from them on phone or email, do not use them"
"Ordered some items to replace a faulty item, was advised 3-5 working days by Lenka at Tool-net on 18/01/2018, however nothing has turned up on 31/01/2108and all emails bounce back as undeliverable and phone lines unobtainable, seems they have taken the money and run, have lost out on my order and by the review sites I have read they have left a lot of extremely unhappy customers with outstanding orders behind ! Avoid, avoid, avoid and go to a reputable supplier !"
"CUSTOMER SERVICE NON EXISTANT"
"Have come to conclusion that this company is now operating fraudulently. Having ordered a Baby Belle cement mixer and paid £218-00 by credit card I tried to chase up delivery. No phone numbers live or available. Registered office phone is disconnected. I n despair I re-ordered mixer from another company. (toolstoday.co.uk - excellent service and most helpful) Delivered within 1 week but lo and behold on same transport another mixer from Toolnet. Returned this without unloading. Belle confirmed receipt and said they had a contact - Shirl - at toolnet and would speak to her. Shirl sent me an email saying my money would be refunded but thought would take a few days. My email in response to hers, like ALL my other emails to toolnet, have been returned by the mailserver. NO REFUND RECEIVED TOOLNET ARE CROOKS AND CONTINUE TO PRETEND THEY CAN SUPPLY GOODS BEWARE!!!!"
"STILL AWAITING A REFUND 2 MONTHS AFTER CANCELLING ORDER! Ordered a ladder 19th September. I was then informed that they were out of stock until 18th October, I kept the order. 10th October I was informed that this had now moved to the 6th November so cancelled my order and informed to wait 1-2 days for refund. 6th December still awaiting a refund. This is nearly 3 months that you will have had my £250 without communication. Note on their website that the phone number which is rarely answered is for payments only!"
"Awful service, no order confirmation, no dispatch so I emailed them (no phone number to contact them) told them my order was urgent. They told me their supplier was waiting for stock. So I asked for a refund, they then told me it would be dispatched that day with 2-3 day delivery. After 5 days, no delivery. Opened a case with PayPal. Avoid."
"i ordered some saws and needed to speak to someone no one replied so i cancelled. now i am trying to get my money back and no one there to reply to me. this is so bad Helen light"
"Great range of good kit with good deals, that I can't beat anywhere else... What's not to like?"
"very easy to place order & quick delivery"
"Easy to order from online. Customer service very good, with updates on where my order was from warehouse til it arrived. Delivery very fast and product of a very high quality. Will definately use in the future!"
"Best prices on the internet. Easy to order from, excellent customer serice and fast shipping. Highly recommended"
"Avoid. Placed order. They took my money then emailed to say there was a mistake on website and wanted to charge me double what item was advertised at. Rubbish customer service."
"I bought a Rockler product from Tool Net. It was easier and quicker than buying direct from the USA and there was no sting in the tail with a demand for import taxes and other costs. You know from the start the cost of the item. It's great to find these items available to us in the UK. A great service from Tool Net."
"Fast delivery and competitive prices, also good choice of tools and accessories available, already recommended to fellow tradesmen. Will buy again for sure. The only recommendation would be to improve search / filter in the online catalogue."
"Large Range of Products and excellent value for money."
"I will never use these morons again. I originally ordered a roof tube and roof rack for my van and paid the postage etc etc. Next day received an email to say i need to pay more in postage as my item was longer than 3m long, surely your online postage calculator works this out! My next issue is im still waiting for the items. Ive sent plenty of emails to the company to which takes them 1 day + to reply to. Ive emailed them yesterday saying send the items out today or i want a full refund, to which they replied saying its being dispatched today and will be 1-2 days. OK great, can you tell me who its being sent out with and a tracking number..............................................not heard back from them. I can only take that its not being sent out today and i will now have to chase my money! Great. Please avoid these utter idiots. Oh and 1 last thing, there is no customer services contact number, as i can only presume that they have had that many complaints in there time that they've now had to take it down. USELESS."
"Item never arrived after waiting 4 weeks"
"Its difficult to find a starting point with this review but suffice it to say that my dealings with Tool-net have been disastrous. I have never had the displeasure of dealing with a more incompetent company than Tool-net. I placed on order for several items totalling just under £200. One of these items was a 2m spirit level at a cost of £33. I received an email the following day requesting an extra £15 delivery. I figured that this was because of the length of the level so in effect this level would now be costing me £48 which was no longer a competitive price. I rang Tool-net and asked them to remove the level from my order which they duly did. Five days later my order arrived but I noticed the package delivered was somewhat smaller than I expected. Another item on my order was a circular saw in a storage box. For some reason they sent the saw without the kit box. I also noticed that one other item was not delivered and a closer look at the delivery note showed this item was out of stock and would follow on. I contacted Tool-net about the saw and I asked whether they could just send out the kit box separately as this seemed easier than them arranging a collection and sending the correct item out. However, they requested that I not use the saw until they had spoken to the manufacturer. I found it strange that they would need to do this as according to their website all goods are in stock unless stated. This is obviously a false statement as both the saw and the item on back order were showing as in stock at time of ordering. Clearly the back ordered item wasn't and the saw came direct from Bosch. I had a large project to do at the weekend and this was the reason for ordering the saw but as this was a Thursday I still had hopes that I would be allowed to keep the saw and could use it at the weekend. Friday arrived and once again I contacted Tool-neg who told me they had not heard back from the manufacturer....Monday arrived as did Tuesday and I was furious now. My weekend had been wasted!! Finally, on Wednesday they contacted me to tell me I could use the saw and they would send out the kit box separately, which is what I requested almost a week ago. I was dumbfounded at how unprofessional Tool-net were. I was so angry that I told Tool-net to collect the saw and refund my money. About 10 days later I eventually received my refund which was one week and several emails requesting my refund after they received the saw back. I purchased another saw from a different supplier and it was delivered the following day!! So now to the back order.....I was advised this would be in stock 22/8. On 27/8 I contacted them to find out my ordered item had been discontinued. Rubbish!!! The item is readily available at lots of places and on checking the Tool-net website I was shocked to see it for sale, although the price had been increased. Tool-net 'kindly' agreed to send the item to me and as a gesture of so called goodwill they would not request the difference in price. This company is unbelievable!! I was told the item would be with me in 3-5 days. On contacting them again, they told me my item is was currently being transferred from their storage warehouse to their despatch warehouse from where it will be sent to me. Its so far taken over a week to get from one of their warehouses to another warehouse blah blah blah. What utter tosh they talk. I see no reason for them to have even one warehouse as they never have any stock!!! This company really needs to have a serious word with themselves as there is so much they can learn from more reputable retailers. Here is a list of the shortfalls that are clear to me; 1. If you have a complaint or faulty goods you wish to return they demand you email them. It's no good phoning as they won't deal with your query. This means any issues take an unnecessary long time to sort out. They state they have a "dedicated, part-time' department who only operate via email. 2. Most websites automate their delivery costs depending on order size or weight. This is not difficult but Tool-net charge a set delivery cost for standard items. If you order anything oversize they will email you the following day. This means the customer is not instantly aware of the delivery charges and it also adds another day to the order process. They do state that oversize items may incur extra charges but working this out at point of sale would be more convenient for everybody. 3. They state that all goods are in stock unless stated on the item page. This is untrue. From my experience they hold little stock and goods are sent direct from supplier. 4. Refunds are never processed in a timely manner and, in my experience, only issued after several reminders to them. On the plus side, their prices are normally very good but you need to ask yourself if you need all the hassle to save a couple of quid? Sadly, this is not my first negative dealing with this company but I know for sure that it is my last. No matter what their shortcomings are, there can be no excuse for misleading their customers by claiming false stock levels, failing to deliver orders on time and deliberately dragging their heals in issuing refunds!!"
"Ordeted fence post spikes. Upon ordering it stated delivery was 3-5days . 7 days later still waiting for order to be dispached . Contacted company who said items to be dispached from order wharehouse to dispache wharehouse . Still waiting"
Tool Net is rated 2.13 based on 31 reviews