Toby Carvery Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend Toby Carvery
08AM
8AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Toby Carvery?
company-profile.Click_here

Tell us how Toby Carvery made you happy

"Excellent food with a great selection and excellent service best carvery in my opinion fantastic value for money"
Are you Toby Carvery? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Poor customer service and bad food, microwave dinners have more appeal. Will NOT be going to Toby's again, I advise everyone to spend a bit more by going somewhere else. If you do decide to go with the kids make sure you ask for a childs plate because they dont offer one even when they clearly see a child with you and there are no signs to state you need a childs plate to avoid an adult meal charge!"
"Hi We visited Toby Carvery Hinton yesterday. We had to wait over 10mins before anyone attended the front desk. Once seated over 12mins wait. The food was not up to Toby normal high standards with the Yorkshire pudding been very chewy and tasteless. All the staff seemed to be in a bad mood. It was more of a pleasure leaving than going there."
"Just visited Toby Carvery, Taunton and found it to be one of the best carvery experiences for quite some time. Genuine welcome, great service and very tasty food. Well worth a visit."
"The price for a carvery meal is excellent and the service is good. However at our last visit we were shown to a table where there was lots of food on the floor, undoubtedly left by children. Also on the table next to us a toddler was eating food not from a plate but direct from the table which was slightly riotous and pretty non-appetising!"
"Ok we had a take away , but still had to go into it as I had a voucher . No big deal infact it was better as I got to choose my own meat and veg it was sooooooo yummy infact they gave me an extra takeaway carton for my veg so we have enough food for tomorrow as well ! The only down side is the deserts are a lot of money for what you get and should be cheaper as they are takeaway also only a tiny bit of custard so overpriced and small portions . So that’s why I gave a 4 x"
"Esther is fantastic, she is always polite & serves us with a smile. We always visit Toby Carvery Bedford."
"Brilliant for family to enjoy a great meal"
"Fabulous food! (reading,berkshire) shame the waitress was rushed off her feet!! food always above standard but in my experience the only thing letting this restaurant down is the lack of staff on the floor, always a big que to get the food then you encounter a waitress whom you almost too afraid to ask anything off, on my last experience the stress off this situation was clearly apparent and actually spoilt the experience of eating out, a shame as the food is sooo good!"
"well I have just had a very nice lunch with a friend at the toby carvery id almonsbury Bristol, and it was very good and the service was very good staff were , smiling and it made the place happy to dine in.will be going again"
"Very reasonable prices, obliging and friendly staff and good tasty food...alround very good customer experience for a competitive price."
"Attended with family, food was lukewarm and meat fatty. Toilet facilities very poor, one out of action ,two had wet floors and grubby sinks, accessible toilet dirty, sink grubby, hand dryer not working and emergency pull tied up out the way! Spoke to staff member, but he didn't seemed too concerned, " I will have a look later"... Disappointing as its hard to find an accessible place to eat where there's room to manoeuvre and toby has usually fitted the bill..."
"So I booked a table for two for Sunday lunch and arrived to find a 20 deep queue waiting to be booked in. There was chaos with no one filtering out the booked from non booked. But that did not matter because even if you go to your table you would then have to wait an hour for the food. I complained to Toby and their response was sorry but staff had gone off sick etc etc. No real acknowledgement that the service was disgraceful and as they have a contact number when booking they could always advise us it was not possible to serve lunch. People were walking out quite disgusted. So we left without a table or food and what an disgraceful way for such a large company to respond. No incentive to visit another Toby"
"Toby Carvery in Speke , is no better than going to a drive in. Poor sloppy service. Meats dried , over cooked . Vegetables undercooked. Cramped cubicle seating . Wrote to customer services. , the response was a could not care less attitude. Would never recommend."
"Excellent food, great selection and at a very reasonable price."
"The service was extremely poor and food was lukewarm and looked as if it had been sitting all day. When we emailed to complain the response was pitiful."
"The cross contamination of tongs from meat to non meat items by a customer and then despite the chef on duty being told he put tongs in potatoes that he had been using for meat products. Double contamination. Yummy...not. Despite the manager being informed no apologies were forth coming and having written in to the company exactly the same. Not impressed. Regular customer? Not anymore!"
"The barman, Lauran, food and drink."
Toby Carvery is rated 3.11 based on 18 reviews