TJ Hughes Reviews

Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network
Matalan Direct
(1188)

Hughes House London Road

How would you rate TJ Hughes?

Unverified Reviewer

Paid for item nearly one week ago but have had no email confirmation on my order , I've contacted them by email and have never recieved an email back from them . Doubt I will recieve my items. Will never buy from this site again.
Diane Lawler
Verified Reviewer

Ordered a duvet set and curtains online only to receive an e mail stating out of stock. Tried to query this - phones out of order?? again! I sent a contact form cancelling the order. The goods have now been delivered to store and I find I cannot obtain a refund at the store but have to collect goods and return them through Post office and pay postal charges!! Your online "service" is a shambles. Never again.
Diane Lawler
Unverified Reviewer

Very poor online service.
Macy
Unverified Reviewer

I have been trying to make a purchase and have entered items into my basket. The have taken a 10% discount off my basket and they have twice offered me free p&p as I did not finish the purchase but they will only allow one discount which is the 10% for a 1st time buyer so the free p&p code was not accepted. I have contacted them three times by email but they have never got back to me.
Unverified Reviewer

Went to chesterfield store on trip out.got a coat on returning home to Derby discovered it still had security tag on.couldnt find phone no for store and it's a long way back just to have tag removed.the tag did not bleep when left the store nor did it in any other shop .The shop had no staff to enquire about different sizing .unfoutunatly your store is the same as majority shops now only interested in profit and do not care about customer
Verified Reviewer

I have just been in this store and was looking for a duvet for my elderly parents. I saw a silentnight one but it had been taken out of the packaging and was soiled. I asked an assistant for a price and was it the right package that had already been ripped open. She took the ripped bag and after a long time came back saying it would not scan by this time the security man was standing watching me. The assistant came back with another quilt which was not the same one. I then asked if they would reduce the soiled one and she told me to go to the till. I waited in the queue and then the manageress if that's what you call her came up and accused me of ripping the bag open. I told I had not and she said the assistant had told her I had. She then became rude and irrate. I then told not to bother and she said it's only a quilt for God's sake. I will not go into this store or recommend it.

30% off very good
Verified Reviewer

Poor customer service dept.
Had Microwave one day - seems OK so far, if a bit noisy.
TJ Hughes customer service not so good - contacted day after ordering to find out delivery date? and had noticed that there was a 10% discount for first order - which this was. Told that it started after my order - which was yesterday! no other information. I suggested offering free delivery as good will gesture - no reply! Basically 'tough'!
Won't be using your shop again, on principle!!
Jackie
Unverified Reviewer

Went to the Preston branch today to buy a patio table and chairs. The young man on the till was extremely friendly and professional. The young man who brought out the package helped us to the car with it but the package wouldn't fit not our boot. He and another gentleman removed the table and chairs from the packaging and loaded into the car. Wonderful service and great value for money from TJ Hughes!
Mrs J.
Unverified Reviewer

I ordered a handwash duo - handwash + handlotion set, but only received the handlotion, no handwash.
Mrs O
Unverified Reviewer

Still waiting for my order from the 1st April via Click and Collect. Today is 19th April. Phoned customer Services on 13th April to be told that they would have to ring the store and would ring me back. No call back received.

Been on the phone again, on hold for 25 minutes, "First in the Queue", still waiting!

Not a happy bunny
Hazel
Unverified Reviewer

Visited the new Chesterfield store and received excellent service from two members of staff - Luke and Joshua. They were a credit to the company.
Hetty
Unverified Reviewer

delivery very quick.The power washer I ordered has parts missing only opened box about 3 weeks after delivery so my fault for not checking.Washers missing from garden furniture my fault again didn't check after delivery
Unverified Reviewer

Ordered a bistro patio set online. The item was OK, but box was tatty and offered little postage protection. Some small parts were broken. I emailed, using the address on the order, but received no response.
Emma
Unverified Reviewer

We have always received good customer service. The products are very very competitively priced. We wanted a handheld vacuum and bought the Quest 600w bag less - it's brilliant! It's far better than bigger brand named machines, yet it's cheap and compact.
Unverified Reviewer

What on earth has happened to TJs since it moved down the Moor in Sheffield? The old shop was a joy to shop in vibrant and lots of genuine bargains..It helped that there was somewhere to have refreshments whereas this one doesn't have anywhere.The clothes department is depressing I don't know what age group it is supposed to cater for I'm a senior citizen and it's too old fashioned for me.The doors have been broken. for ages so that doesn't look good..Also the delivery charges are ridiculously high.Please get your act together and give Sheffield the shop it deserves.
Lynda
Unverified Reviewer

Happy with speed of delivery of items bought online. Great price. Products packed in padded envelopes so boxes were damaged. This was OK on this occasion as items for me but would have been unacceptable had they been for a gift.
Unverified Reviewer

Went to the st.helens branch on Saturday with my daughter she was buying me some perfume for Mother's Day. We asked to try a sample of perfume and was told we have not got a sampler to try but I have got it on myself and let us smell it on her. Does TJHughes or the sales person not realise perfume smells different on individuals and when your spending a lot of money on perfume you do need to be able to try. I suggest TJHughes have samplers for their more expensive perfumes.
Verified Reviewer

Your website is rubbish. I have tried at different times over two days to place an order with no success. I can only get to the checkout and then it reverts to custermer details.
I wanted this order for Saturday and now can't have it. I am very dissatisfied and will not be using this site again.
ANNOYED OF CHATHAM
Unverified Reviewer

SIZING ON WHISPER BRIEFS ARE VERY WRONG I BROUGHT SIZE 14 DID NOT FIT I DID NOT TRY THEM ON BECAUSE I COULD SEE BY THE TOP THAT THEY DID NOT STRETCH SO I WENT AND BROUGHT 16'S AND THEY DID NOT FIT EITHER, I AM A 14 IN ALL OTHER SHOPS YOU HAVE A RETURNS POLICY AS THE BOX WAS DAMAGED, AS WERE ALL THE BOXES ON DISPLAY, YOU WOULD NOT CONSIDER REPLACING THEM ALSO YOUR SENIOR STAFF ARE RUDE.
TJ Hughes is rated 3.75 based on 623 reviews