TJ Hughes Reviews

07AM
7AM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does TJ Hughes deliver?

How can I contact TJ Hughes?

Hughes House London Road

Tell us how TJ Hughes made you happy

"Ordered a mosaic Bistro set that cost me over a hundred pounds. To begin with I had an issue with the website, when I put my payment details in the website reverted back to my shopping basket with the item still in it, I checked my online banking and the payment was pending. On the Tj Hughes website I created an account which showed three orders, one awaiting approval and two others where the order was added to their system but no payment taken because of suspected fraud? I email them about this and I am to date awaiting a response. A couple of days later the table arrives minus the chairs and the table is damaged, I am talking cracked and huge chips in several places, try to call customer services and no matter how many times you call it instantly goes to voicemail, I leave a voicemail and I was called back, turns out the chairs are on the way and I have to wait for these to turn up before I can send the table back and the person I spoke to would leave a message for the person working the next day so that they are aware. I tried calling them all afternoon yesterday, I have left two voicemails and no one has bothered to call me back. I will never shop with this company again. They do not respond to emails, calls automatically go to voicemail so that they can cherry pick them and if they do call you it is at their convenience, if you do manage to get them to take their faulty items back you have to wait for the collection from 7am to 7pm and they do not give you a time slot. This company places zero emphasis on customer service - appaling company"
Are you TJ Hughes? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"There should be an option to leave zero stars for this site! Ordered a pair of curtains over a week ago and haven't even had an email to say that they've been despatched. Tried emailing with no response, tried ringing the customer services only to realise that the number no longer exists. Actually disgusted with this website and it looks like £60 has gone down the drain. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!!"
"Terrible shop - awful staff and management. Treated me with disdain and lost about £600 of my custom as that is what it cost to refurbish my new house. I was going to kit my new abode with everything from this shop but, owing to my experiences, I spent nothing there and purchased all I needed from elsewhere. My advice to any shopper is never even visit this place. There are plenty of other shops offering a much better range of products at better prices and with friendlier staff."
"Orders product in the 19th December. Credit card been debited but no delivery and it’s the 5th December. After 4 emails and I tweet - no response whatsoever. I do not recommend purchasing from this company at all given my experience."
"I bought a cordless Russell Hobbs vacuum cleaner in September 2018. After a couple of month it stopped working so I contacted TH Hughes who told me that the hoover was 12 months old therefore could not do anything about it. I contacted them again to confirm the hoover was only purchased 2 months ago and not 12 but I had no reply since. If anyone could help me, it will be much appreciated. I would like a full refund and I am happy to return the product. I would also not recommend this product, it looks like a toy, it is very flimsy, it has no power suction, basically that is probably the worse purchase I have made for a while. (russell-hobbs-rhhs2201-22-2v-turbo-lite-3-in-1-cordless-pole-handheld-stick-vacuum-cleaner)"
"Me and my husband came into the TJ Hughes store in London Road Liverpool and bought a vax carpet cleaner it was reduced in price and had been on display we saw the store manager Ian who assured us everything was in the box at time of purchase when we got it home there was no washing tool i went on line and orderd one which we have now recived then my husband realised the hose was the wrong one and didnt fit as we purchased this item the Saturday before christmas we couldn't get back to store again before christmas I was fuming tried phoning no answer couldn't get back to store till day after boxing day staff were not very helpful I asked if someone could help me carry the vax from the car which was round the corner thought that was the least they could of done there response was there not allowed to as there not insured what a joke again no help I had to carry it to the loading bay at the back of the shop first then go back into store before they reluctantly gave me a refund and conveniently the store manager Ian was off I was told he was in the next day and would ring me which he didn't I have my own business so as a manager I would never ever treat customers the way I have been treated no mention of parking fee or the part we've orderd and paid for will never shop here again if TJ Hughes keeps this up they will have no customers left"
"I purchased a watch back in december 2016 sent it back due to it being faulty and never received my £81 back ."
"I agree with the previous reviewer. I placed an order on the 16th December for Ladies underwear for my Mum. Order details stated would be delivery in time for Christmas and I would receive email notification when order dispatched. I have yet to receive any emails relating to my order so i don't expect it will be delivered by Christmas. I too have had to purchase alternative items today. I emailed the online Customer Services team but have not even received an acknowledgement. If this is how TJ Hughes operates their business I don't expect it will be long before they disappear from the high St again!!"
"Took a trip into t j Hughes today. To buy a garden owl to cheer up my parents after my mum lost her sister recently to cancer. Got to shop seen owl reduced from £24.99 to £19.99. Thought cool result a wee saving and my wee mum would be happy. Got to till to pay for owl and got told the owl price is £24.99. And even although the tag was stamped reduced at £19.99 they staff refused to let it be sold. We asked to speak to the manager Donna and then she accused us of meddling with the tag. But how impossible is it to look for a sticker that states £24.99 reduced to £19.99 and then when u scan it. It is still going through the till as an owl. We have pictures of this owl with the reduced ticket. Totally disgusted at our service and the accusations we got accused of today. I’m wondering why this store is still opened for business."
"Ordered six items received only three but still paid for six, I have phoned (impossible to get anyone to speak), emailed (no reply) written (no reply). Reading some previous reviews I am obviously not the only one who has been ripped off! I find it atrocious that they can't be bothered to reply to people. I am still pursuing this but not holding out much hope, certainly will never order from them again."
"Got tracking had a day on phone to try and tracking got no wear then gone 10pm got email from them saying it's not sent out don't buy of line with theas crap servis"
"Had my money no item I ordered of theas rang n rang no one on thear phones left my number for them to ring me nothing no wounder they went out busses the sooner it happens again the better taking to court to get money back do not buy of thease"
"Do not use I am £49.99 out of pocket for items I never recieved. They should be closed down look at all the other poor reviews. They won't reply to any emails."
"Picked up wrong size and staff found right size very helpful"
"Ordered egg chairs on the 5th of May and it is now 24th May and still waiting for the items !! they DO not reply to any emails leave you hanging on the phone !! still no answers from anyone this is a terrible service and nobody seems to care !! but they are quick to take your money I would advise anyone to think again ..... before ordering off this website."
"item never arrived, keep getting emails asking for more information on my address that i keep supplying, but they send me the emails back again and no product. i'm now on hold for their customer service department and have apparently been first in the queue for 30 minutes. appalling."
"Have purchased goods from them a number of times. Recently purchased towels and bedding. Excellent quality and incredibly inexpensive."
"I bought a lip gloss from Liverpool store and as soon as I open to apply, I could smell the product had "gone off" and I knew it would make me feel sick if I wear such a thing. So I went to back the store and asked for a refund as it was unwearable, the lady at the customer service told me that there's nothing wrong with the product, the smell comes from those ingredients (which obviously doesn't as if it was not gone off it should smell pleasant to apply on lips) therefore I wasn't entitled for a refund. So I just spent my money on something I cannot even wear. I wouldn't shop at TJ Hughes again."
"Wow!!!! Ordered Thursday 15th March 11.00 am. Delivered Friday 16th March 9.00 am. Amazing service. Well done !!!!"
"Just visited your Liverpool store and it was freezing. How the staff work there is a miracle. There were a couple of electric heaters which were a fire and injury risk. Health and safety would have a field day. They were just the right height for a child to touch them. The goods inside were cheap and shabby. Hardly any people were in there and they were all sympathising with the staff at having to work in such a cold building. This building is a danger to staff and customers!"
“Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Liverpool store. We can understand your concerns regarding this matter and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

The safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers are of paramount importance and rest assured this is now being looked into with our Head of Stores to investigate further.
TJ Hughes is rated 3.57 based on 689 reviews