TJ Hughes Reviews

63% of reviewers recommend TJ Hughes

Hughes House London Road

How would you rate TJ Hughes?

Unverified Reviewer

I made a purchase online something I don't usually do but it was a quick delivery and good communication
Unverified Reviewer

i had a problem with my computer and order went through a few times in eror but tj hughes customer services sorted it all out with good manners and better humour cant thank them enough it nice to get good rapport with a big company like that
Unverified Reviewer

Excellent service from TJ HUGHES, excellent prices!
Verified Reviewer

"Not rung or email when delivery was arriving had to ring web order number who were very helpful .still waiting for replacement for damaged item don't know when it's arriving order tracking page is never available!"

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your replacement item as of yet, please contact us on 0151 482 5600 and we can help further. We are sorry if you found this inconvenient and we will take your feedback on board.
Joan

excellent customer service
Amanda Glaves
Verified Reviewer

Put my first order inn paid next day delivery. it is now 5 days later and still waiting for delivery. I never got my 10% first order discount either. Tut
Ally
Verified Reviewer

Item delivered damaged, taken a week to get back to me that's after 2 emails and a Facebook message, would not recommend them at all. Problem still not resolved. Item needed for this weekend, won't promise a replacement for this weekend, could of had it resolved if they had got back to me soon. Now have to deal with paying full price for a broken table.
P.S.
Verified Reviewer

Ordered item 26th. July. Chose click and collect. Informed item dispatched to store 27th July.
Item still has "delivered to store" status one week later. emails to customer services not responded to. It should not take seven days for an item to reach collection point.
Looks like I am going to need a refund.
Georgette Bellamy
Unverified Reviewer

Good quality, good value. Large range of stuff from toys to home ware to garden items.
Dorothy Catterall
Verified Reviewer

On entering the store I was immediately taken aback at the mess the store was in, litter all over the floors, discarded packaging etc. When I got to the check out there was only 2 members of staff serving it took them so long to serve 3 customers left their goods and walked out of the store, I challenged a manager who was chatting with another 2 members of staff he really did not seem interested. Will not be back in the Bury store again.
Verified Reviewer

I am very disappointed I did not receive my item despite paying for next day delivery. I assume I will now not receive it until Monday. This is unacceptable! I waited in all day Friday, i am back at work on Monday and i paid extra to receive it on Friday!

also as a new customer I am supposed to receive 10% off this didn't happen either.

no emails no phone calls total waste of a day!

I'm disgusted at the service i have received and I will never recommend or use your store again.
Not Good Service At All I Will Nevereceive Used Them
Verified Reviewer

Verry bad services i order 2 week before but still haven't received it when I call them was waiting for more than 30min still say from the begin you are first in que
Neil G
Verified Reviewer

INCOMPLETE DELIVERY.REPORTED OVER 2 WEEKS AGO. STILL NO REPLY. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. WILL NEVER BUY OFF THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peterm
Unverified Reviewer

Its the first time I've bought anything here and I suspect it will be the last. Was caught in the rain having foolishly left my umbrella at home. After searching the store realising the signs meant nothing (eg where it said Stationery was in fact men's shirts) I eventually found some brollies. Took it to the Pay Here place to find four tills and only one harrassed girl serving. Joined a queue of seven people. After a long wait, with another eight customers joining the queue, a passing manager asked another member of staff to serve, which was done with ill-grace. Of course, my purchase was lacking a price tag, which held up the queue further. The stock appears to be good with very competitive prices. But, unless the management quality improves the firm will be overtaken by more efficient competitors. The public is increasingly unwilling to put up with shoddy service.
Mr Watson
Unverified Reviewer

Item was damaged STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, RUDE ON THE PHONE THEY REALLY DONT CARE
WAL
Unverified Reviewer

AS IF YOU DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR SO CALLED CUSTOMER SERVISE, I WISH I HAD READ YOUR REVIEWS BEFORE PURCHASE BUT HEY IF YOUR HAPPY WITH A SINGLE PURCHASE (ripoff) & DONT EXPECT FUTURE PURCHAES THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY YOUR BUSINESS IS GOING TO GO AS THERE ARE PLENTY OF GOOD RETAILERS OUT THERE. PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR EX COSTOMER SERVISES LIST.
Unverified Reviewer

Very Bad Service. Ordered on 30 June. They sent a few items only out of my order after 7 days , and still waiting to receive the others. Contacted the customer service many times, but no answer at all!!. Will contact the bank to sort it out.
Terry
Verified Reviewer

Ordered a patio heater described as being 13.5kw. Item that was delivered was 8kw. It seems that this item is advertised elsewhere on the internet, with the same picture, as being 8kw. Can not phone TJ Hughes as they supposedly are have problems with the line, oh yes!!??
Have to wait for up to 5 working days for an answer, and probably have to wait in all day for a collection. Meanwhile my £85 is in limbo.
Be wary when ordering from this company
JC
Verified Reviewer

I received my order 3 days after making the purchase on line. Well packaged. Very happy this time. My last order took forever. Glad they have got themselves sorted out now.
Rebecc Jones
Verified Reviewer

Perfume missing from order. Impossible to get a reply from customer service I have even emailed the manager and no reply. Will never ever use tj Hughes again absolute disgrace!!!!
TJ Hughes is rated 3.64 based on 661 reviews