TJ Hughes Reviews

62% of reviewers recommend TJ Hughes

How would you rate TJ Hughes ?

"Ordered six items received only three but still paid for six, I have phoned (impossible to get anyone to speak), emailed (no reply) written (no reply). Reading some previous reviews I am obviously not the only one who has been ripped off! I find it atrocious that they can't be bothered to reply to people. I am still pursuing this but not holding out much hope, certainly will never order from them again."
"Got tracking had a day on phone to try and tracking got no wear then gone 10pm got email from them saying it's not sent out don't buy of line with theas crap servis"
"Had my money no item I ordered of theas rang n rang no one on thear phones left my number for them to ring me nothing no wounder they went out busses the sooner it happens again the better taking to court to get money back do not buy of thease"
"Do not use I am £49.99 out of pocket for items I never recieved. They should be closed down look at all the other poor reviews. They won't reply to any emails."
Mr S R Smith
"Picked up wrong size and staff found right size very helpful"
"Ordered egg chairs on the 5th of May and it is now 24th May and still waiting for the items !! they DO not reply to any emails leave you hanging on the phone !! still no answers from anyone this is a terrible service and nobody seems to care !! but they are quick to take your money I would advise anyone to think again ..... before ordering off this website."
"item never arrived, keep getting emails asking for more information on my address that i keep supplying, but they send me the emails back again and no product. i'm now on hold for their customer service department and have apparently been first in the queue for 30 minutes. appalling."
Bruce Harrison
"Have purchased goods from them a number of times. Recently purchased towels and bedding. Excellent quality and incredibly inexpensive."
"I bought a lip gloss from Liverpool store and as soon as I open to apply, I could smell the product had "gone off" and I knew it would make me feel sick if I wear such a thing. So I went to back the store and asked for a refund as it was unwearable, the lady at the customer service told me that there's nothing wrong with the product, the smell comes from those ingredients (which obviously doesn't as if it was not gone off it should smell pleasant to apply on lips) therefore I wasn't entitled for a refund. So I just spent my money on something I cannot even wear. I wouldn't shop at TJ Hughes again."
Tina Moorhouse
Verified Reviewer
"Wow!!!! Ordered Thursday 15th March 11.00 am. Delivered Friday 16th March 9.00 am. Amazing service. Well done !!!!"
"Just visited your Liverpool store and it was freezing. How the staff work there is a miracle. There were a couple of electric heaters which were a fire and injury risk. Health and safety would have a field day. They were just the right height for a child to touch them. The goods inside were cheap and shabby. Hardly any people were in there and they were all sympathising with the staff at having to work in such a cold building. This building is a danger to staff and customers!"
“Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Liverpool store. We can understand your concerns regarding this matter and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

The safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers are of paramount importance and rest assured this is now being looked into with our Head of Stores to investigate further.
D M Dawson Chelmsford
Verified Reviewer
"I have just visited TJ Hughes and tried to buy Curtain Track in the sale. 6 lots of (same)track were marked as reduced so I chose one and took it to till. There I was told it was wrong price and original was correct. They tried to say I had changed the price but withdrew this when I said there was 4/5 more of the same. After checking the manager came back and said it was wrong and the reduction was too much. Original price £46 sale price £15 but said I could have it for £23. what kind of sale is it where they make the price up as they go along? I did not buy and I shan't be going back to Hughes. Very dishonest and untrustworthy policy. This was the Chelmsford, Essex branch if you are interested T J Hughes ."
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent shopping experience with TJ Hughes. We’re very sorry to hear of the issues you have encountered in our Chelmsford store.

We regret to hear of the negative experience you have had whilst shopping and can understand your concerns regarding this matter.

We wish to raise this with our Head of Stores to feed this back and investigate with the store directly. In order to do this, we would need some further information from you. Can you please contact us via Facebook Direct Message with further details and we can look into this for you.

We thank you for your feedback and hope to hear from you soon.
"Another visit to the restaurant Bury store for all day breakfast.The food perfect and the 2 staff very pleasant and helpful,will be going again"
"I was very pleased to have found an item I had previously seen in T J Hughes Maidstone branch but it was out of stock in the Kingsize option. I placed AND paid for the Duvet Set online on Saturday 25 November 2017. I received an order confirmation email thanking me for my order, quoting the relevant order number, and also stating that the item stock was fulfilled by Liverpool (71) and payment including delivery charge had been made via Debit card. . Four days later I then received an "Order Cancellation" email. This email has no details of any proposal to refund the payment I made when the order was placed. Also no reason had been given for their cancellation of my order. If the item was "Out Of Stock" when the order was placed surely her payment would have been declined, and also why would it show on the order confirmation email as "Stock Fulfilled By: Liverpool (71) ? . If there was a problem with my order surely, having given my home phone number, it would have been good manners to "pick up the phone" to give their reasons for not fulfilling my order, and also explain their proposal to effect a refund of the money paid. . My husband had to track down the CEO of T J Hughes and send an email to her asking for a refund of my online payment. The reply received eventually was very poor and did nothing to explain why their online order system took payment for an item which was said to be "not in stock",. It also told me I had to wait 5 days to receive my refund. . If anyone reading this also needs to get in touch with her the email address is anil.juneja at tjhughes.co.uk 0151 2078805 . I will never buy anything from T J Hughes ever again. ."
"To all consumers considering using this company please please avoid at all costs. We ordered x2 items online that were for our children. Payment was taken immediatly and item has not been recieved after 3 weeks. We have been phobed off time after time by them saying its the post services fault. And they cant even probide us with the tracking number for it. We are still trying to get our money back as have bought the items again from a professional company as we have accepted we will never recieve our payed for items. We are now going to report all our phone conversations to trading standards as we would hate any other consumer to go though what we have and even if we can prevent just one more person being ripped off ots a small consalation to us."
"Very disappointing. Ordered 7 items received 3. Others cancelled due to lack of stock despite one of the items showing as in stock even now. One of the 3 items is faulty and I expect they will refund rather than replace meaning I'll have paid postage on 2 items and wouldn't have bothered. I queried cancellation of the item showing as in stock and they said it was due to stock replenishment issues. I think it's because they despatched the other items separately and didn't want the expense of sending out the inexpensive items on their own. The emails received were lacking. For example one said awaiting stock hence partial despatch and then another said the rest of the order had been cancelled but had no further information. They really misunderstand the online market. People expect better now and spend lots of time browsing and deciding whether to submit an order and the make up of the order. If you're ordering presents you don't want half the things suddenly being cancelled. Therefore I do not intend to waste any more time ordering from this company who need to realise it takes a bit more organisation to transfer a high street business into an online one."
"My order was delivered to me in a very badly damaged box which was full of broken glass. I emailed and called customer services right away. I have since emailed another 5 times and called numerous times over the last 7 days and still no response. Very bad customer experience, I will continue to chase until resolved."
"Wrong item sent,had to pay for click and collect,then expected me to pay for returning it,I will never ever shop with them again,"
"T J Hughes' receipt clearly states they are happy to refund goods unused within 30 days with a valid receipt. I duly returned goods with said receipt and was told I could only have a credit note as I had not returned the smaller receipt too. I was told this was needed in order to determine what credit card I had used?? No other store I have dealt with has ever requested a second receipt and this appears to be a pathetic attempt to prevent issuing a refund. The second receipt only states it should be kept for my records and makes no mention of having to be returned. This returns policy seems to contradict that of other stores."
"I made a purchase online something I don't usually do but it was a quick delivery and good communication"
TJ Hughes is rated 3.60 based on 680 reviews