Thrifty Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend Thrifty
6PM
6PM

Tell us how Thrifty made you happy

"This is the second time I've used Thrifty and they've been outstanding on both occasions. Each review has involved the Heathrow and Aylesbury branches. This time I arrived at Heathrow and needed a Hire Car at short notice. I rang for a quote half-expecting to get stung for a short notice booking as it's generally not a good idea to attempt a hire-car or any other type of booking from an airport arrivals lounge! However, Thrifty Heathrow's staff were friendly, accommodating had a very reasonably priced car ready for us within two hours of our unexpected phone call. We dropped the vehicle off at the Aylesbury office with a slow puncture (I'd foolishly turned down the offer of £5 cover) and, again, where they could have potentially taken advantage by over-charging us on the replacement front, they didn't. Suffice to say, the staff at both offices went 'above and beyond' to help us and I have no qualms whatsoever in recommending Thrifty based upon my dealings with them to date."
Are you Thrifty? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Efficient service, staff always happy to help. Kept good communication with me through out"
"Booked a car on the Thrifty website and received confirmation. Called the branch to ask what car would be provided. Was told that they didn't have any cars available and that they wouldn't be getting a car ready. The booking was made at 3:30 so they had plenty of time to get a car ready before closing time. The guy who answers the phone is smarmy, and seems as though the branch is just one of the lazy ones which cant be bothered serving clients. We've been a loyal customer of Thrifty utilising them most weeks. May have now lost another customer! Thrifty should learn the meaning of customer service."
"I hired a van off these guys and turned up in the morning. I only had the paper part of my license, and they said they weren't able to rent me the van. Desperate, I went to Enterprise round the corner. Enterprise rented me a van straight away without any problems and at a good price. They also seemed a lot more professional. I suggest you skip Thrifty and try their competitors. UPDATE: It gets better. I contacted them by email, and they *refused to refund me my original payment*. So, not just incompetent but dishonest."
Thrifty is rated 2.75 based on 4 reviews