Trainline Reviews

30% of reviewers recommend Trainline
00AM
12AM

Tell us how Trainline made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
"Be wary and check your schedule closely. My wife and I found out too late that we had and impossible train connection in Paris. We only had 50 minutes between trains, and connecting train was at a different station that required a long taxi ride. Even though they have made a connection that was physically impossible to make, they were not sympathetic and would not refund that portion of the trip. We had to book a different train leaving from our arrival station"
Are you Trainline? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Trainline receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"The trainline website offers up two months as the option when booking the return trip and I unfortunately didn’t notice and ended up booking the wrong return tickets. Looking at the website the only option available to me was to cancel the whole booking and re-book all the tickets even though I only wanted to change the return trip. As a result I have been charged a penalty for all 4 tickets rather than the two return tickets. I communicated at length with trainline who responded “Our website is designed in such a way that you are unable to change only one ticket. For example, only outward ticket or ticket for one passenger. If you are making any changes on the website the entire tickets has to be changes.” Surely, the Regulator should be aware of this scam and do something about it!"
"Terribly dissatisfied with the service and customer service response. Had to amend a cancellation and reschedule, too much difficult to do thru Trainline. You have to call as it does not allow. Customer service is not 24 X 7."
"Only booked through train line maybe a couple of times. Everything seemed ok, no problems. Liked that I could register my email address and be notified when bargain tickets were available. Return tickets from Norwich to London for 2 people would have been almost £100, we got them for just over £40. I realise that these tickets are available periodically anyway, but nice to get an email to alert me when they are available."
"They sell tickets even when they know trains are on strike. It took me an extra 3.5 hours to get home on 2 buses and £25 in a taxi. Late at night felt very unsafe"
"Shocking customer services, three different members of staff I spoke to had terrible communication skills and did not understand the nature of my issue. Sent round in circles to different departments, none of whom could help me, before being asked to wait 72 hours while they investigate the issue rather than simply refunding money which they had taken from me without sending me a ticket."
"Customer service horrific , missed train as they had sent wrong code so unable to access tickets , Plymouth ticket booth not much help either especially a lady called Claire Asked could I get on next train as not my fault was told no and would be fined and needed to pay them £53 for another ticket Got on train anyway with old ticket which wasn’t even checked , never again book with Trainline"
"I filled in all the details and got to payment - paid (or thought I did) via Paypal and then the next window said I had no tickets in my basket. Tried all over again but no luck. Then tried phoning and no one available. I'll just have to go to the station. I've always found them reliable before but not this time."
"After sales service is dreadful. Call centre not in England and communication was difficult. I never did get a satisfactory response to the problems. I didn't save that much by not going direct through the train company. Will not use again as advice I was given was going to cost me a lot of money and was impossible to do online. Decided to sort myself once I was on train."
"DO NOT USE TRAINLINE! They leave you out of pocket and without a train ticket."
"Zenber Fernandes is the most disgusting customer services representative I have ever spoken to. Did not deal with my enquiry and spoke to me like absolute garbage. I will not be using Trainline again and I will be telling anyone to never use Trainline as it is a con!!"
"My train is cancelled due SNCF strike on June and Trainline didn't refund my money back and deleted my account. I will sue them for compensation."
"TREID TO STEAL MY MONEY Do not use ordered a ticket at 09.29 they took money at bank ( via paypal) but never sent any booking ref so i phone kept saying so no referance to that order ( even after I gave the paypal reference detaols and journey details ) after 40 mins on phone which cost me £23:71 they acknowledged I did take at booking but still didn't send ticket wasn't until I phone up again at 18:38when they finally sent the tickets so they tried to steal my money"
"Purchased train tickets from Cambridge to Axminster via trainline.co.uk three days before travel. Paid 200 GBP, but was theoretically able to reserve seats on the train out, so my three family members could all sit together. Day before travel (day after purchase) I get an email indicating there *could* be disruptions in travel due to a planned strike and encouraging me to download their app to help in the event of a train being cancelled. No specific information about our train though. Arrive in London following day to discover posters ALL OVER THE STATION indicating the strike has been planned well in advance and in fact, our train is cancelled. Check the app. No mention of any of this. Take to Southwest Rail staff, who inform me that this strike has been planned for some time, this train hasn't been scheduled to run since the strike was announced, and that Trainline regularly sells tickets for trains that aren't running. She kindly works with us to figure out how to get us to Axminster via another train AND BUS, which takes several hours longer. Had Trainline been forthcoming with this information in the first place, we wouldn't have booked the travel - or we would have found another way to get there before being stranded in London. When I contacted Trainline today to express my dissatisfaction, I was told repeatedly that it was not their fault that Southwestern Rail hadn't shared the strike information with them (which I do not believe given the very public nature of the information available in the Station) and that since Southwestern Rail *DID* get us to our destination eventually, I had nothing to complain about and no right to any refund from Trainline. To which I say, I will never be spending money on Trainline again."
"Bought ticket, chose to collect at station. System said to collect ticket at a local station. However no machine was there to print ticket. I had no choice but to buy another ticket. Trainline refuse to refund as the new ticket was retained at the station and I have no proof."
"Trying to book a ticket and then session is running out of time keeps on coming back on the screen over and over again, even after starting a new search and going back to home page...impossible to book a ticket..Very annoying waste of time.."
"Really clean website, super easy to use and making bookings is effortless. Takes all the hassle out of Train travel and refund was processed in hours on a trip I couldn't attend in the end, and the insurance I purchased wouldn't pay out but the Trainline were really helpful!"
"Bought a return train ticket to London including underground connections for a work trip. The booking went through smoothly and the tickets could be collected from either work or from the station. No issues picking up the tickets nor on the day itself, even if I got a bit lost myself in terms of which underground line to get on!"
"Great online service for purchasing train tickets and planning your itinerary."
"Easy to use website, and excellent prices."
Trainline is rated 2.26 based on 23 reviews