Trainline Reviews

26% of reviewers recommend Trainline
04AM
4AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Trainline?

Tell us how Trainline made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
"Your train assistant Alan’s attitude is absolutely out of order. “Power to his head” springs to mind and threatened to kick us off because of the people spilling a drink on the chair opposite to us (1.5 hours away from home) RIDICULOUS!!! A very disappointed customer."
Are you Trainline? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"We did a mistake by booking our train tickets and noticed it immediately after the booking. We got in touch with the customer service immediately to inform them and to undo the mistake and to change the tickets. They informed us that there are options to change the booked journey and gave us an email to inform the responsible department about our situation. We waited quite a time to get a response as the journey was about to take place a few days later. We called again 2 days later and then we were adviced that the customer service was not able to help us and gave us another email address. We asked for the manager but we were not allowed to speak to the manager. We received then an email as a response from our first email that they were not able to undo the mistake (even if we informed Trainline 1 minute after booking). We were left with all the costs and no tiny bit of sympathy for our special situation which we explained and why we did, unfortunately, did the mistake. The customer service is not supportive at all. Trainline offers cheap tickets, but just don't make any mistakes because if you ever need the support of the company you don't get it. It is human to do mistakes, but Trainline seems to count on this to make money out of it."
"I have given Trainline a 1 star review… I have given Trainline a 1 star review but if I could give them less I would for sure. They have breached my data and their customer service department is a joke. STAY AWAY FROM THEM PEOPLE!"
"good experience as usual printing tickets was easy train was obscenely packed though - I don't know if this is trainlines fault for overselling tickets or what but was hell, could barely breathe (Leeds to Manchester)"
"Be very careful of the company's affiliated on the TRAIN LINE website that are Internet scams like complete savings. Disappointing to know that train line is not credible and honest. Complete savings have been debiting money from my bank account without my permission when I purchased a train ticket on line. So disappointed with train line for their partnership with scam companies. BEWARE!!!!"
"Very user friendly app, easy to use and very quick confirmation of order."
"Avoid. It's a shame that this company is out to just rip people off. There was an error made on my tickets, when phoning the helpline not only did they book the wrong time, but a payment of £161.40 and then an admin charge of a further £1.50 was added... The phone operator was hard to understand (outside UK call centre) and further more the journey has over four replacement services... A joke. Congratulations on robbing people who can't afford it... Seriously well done."
"What a shame there isn't a minus star button. The National Rail website was not working so stupidly I used Trainline as wanted to sort my tickets. Set up an account but now I need to cancel one of the tickets I bought, there is no record of my booking within that account. I have emailed but the responses keep coming back with no satisfactory reply and the lack of communication is appalling. The ticket I purchased is eligible for return minus a fee but how I manage to achieve this is anyone's guess. JUST DO NOT USE THEM. Never ever again."
"First time i have booked with Trainline and I will never book with them again. Make sure you read their T's & C's as they adhere to them without any flexability whatsoever. I booked a ticket ( my first time) online with them and have to say their web site wasn't easy to navigate to find a train that would suit my purpose but i did eventually find a train and paid £102 for this one way ticket, the day before i was to leave for this meeting i found that i couldnt go by train after all and tried to cancel for a refund, NO WAY was the answer read our T's & C's and that was it. Very disappointed and feel as if i have been ripped off. Their customer services stinks"
"Rubbish customer service. Do not buy from them. Buy directly from train website. Terrible customer service, refunding team and booking people. All of them idiots and cancelled my tickets while charged me. As a result, i brought tickets on the counter in double price. For refund, it took for them 1 month after calling them every day. After 1 month, it is still pending. You will regret about it if you buy. Thanks"
"Beware of Using this company - find an alternative. I booked a return day trip in France through Trainline. Unfortunately, at short notice a rail strike was called by French railways so we had to cancel the trip. We paid Trainline for the ticket however they refused a refund stating it was the rail company who should refund the money (even though we had paid Trainline for the tickets). We contacted SNCF who said it was Trainline who should refund the money. At the end of the day we paid Trainline money and are out of pocket by 75 euros. Unacceptable performance by this organisation."
"Booked a ticket from London which I had to reschedule, which appeared to be all fine. I received an email from trainline advising me that my outgoing scheduled time had been changed from 09:33 to 10:33. This was done as an email subject only and when you clicked into the email, the subject of the email disappears. This is obviously so that as a customer you cannot provide the relevant information they request when you email them to complain. I arrived at King Cross to get my tickets at 09:50 to find that they were being printed with no longer valid on them and I was unable to catch my train. I had traveled from Australia to visit friends! I then put in an official complaint with Trainline and have had a yo-yo email conversation with them getting absolutely nowhere. They do reply very quickly asking for more and more documentation which as explained earlier, it’s impossible to provide. DO NOT USE THEM! It works out to be a very expensive mistake."
"Be wary and check your schedule closely. My wife and I found out too late that we had and impossible train connection in Paris. We only had 50 minutes between trains, and connecting train was at a different station that required a long taxi ride. Even though they have made a connection that was physically impossible to make, they were not sympathetic and would not refund that portion of the trip. We had to book a different train leaving from our arrival station"
"The trainline website offers up two months as the option when booking the return trip and I unfortunately didn’t notice and ended up booking the wrong return tickets. Looking at the website the only option available to me was to cancel the whole booking and re-book all the tickets even though I only wanted to change the return trip. As a result I have been charged a penalty for all 4 tickets rather than the two return tickets. I communicated at length with trainline who responded “Our website is designed in such a way that you are unable to change only one ticket. For example, only outward ticket or ticket for one passenger. If you are making any changes on the website the entire tickets has to be changes.” Surely, the Regulator should be aware of this scam and do something about it!"
"Terribly dissatisfied with the service and customer service response. Had to amend a cancellation and reschedule, too much difficult to do thru Trainline. You have to call as it does not allow. Customer service is not 24 X 7."
"Only booked through train line maybe a couple of times. Everything seemed ok, no problems. Liked that I could register my email address and be notified when bargain tickets were available. Return tickets from Norwich to London for 2 people would have been almost £100, we got them for just over £40. I realise that these tickets are available periodically anyway, but nice to get an email to alert me when they are available."
"They sell tickets even when they know trains are on strike. It took me an extra 3.5 hours to get home on 2 buses and £25 in a taxi. Late at night felt very unsafe"
"Shocking customer services, three different members of staff I spoke to had terrible communication skills and did not understand the nature of my issue. Sent round in circles to different departments, none of whom could help me, before being asked to wait 72 hours while they investigate the issue rather than simply refunding money which they had taken from me without sending me a ticket."
"Customer service horrific , missed train as they had sent wrong code so unable to access tickets , Plymouth ticket booth not much help either especially a lady called Claire Asked could I get on next train as not my fault was told no and would be fined and needed to pay them £53 for another ticket Got on train anyway with old ticket which wasn’t even checked , never again book with Trainline"
"I filled in all the details and got to payment - paid (or thought I did) via Paypal and then the next window said I had no tickets in my basket. Tried all over again but no luck. Then tried phoning and no one available. I'll just have to go to the station. I've always found them reliable before but not this time."
Trainline is rated 2.06 based on 35 reviews