Trainline Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend Trainline
Live Chat

How would you rate Trainline ?

"My train is cancelled due SNCF strike on June and Trainline didn't refund my money back and deleted my account. I will sue them for compensation."
"TREID TO STEAL MY MONEY Do not use ordered a ticket at 09.29 they took money at bank ( via paypal) but never sent any booking ref so i phone kept saying so no referance to that order ( even after I gave the paypal reference detaols and journey details ) after 40 mins on phone which cost me £23:71 they acknowledged I did take at booking but still didn't send ticket wasn't until I phone up again at 18:38when they finally sent the tickets so they tried to steal my money"
"Purchased train tickets from Cambridge to Axminster via trainline.co.uk three days before travel. Paid 200 GBP, but was theoretically able to reserve seats on the train out, so my three family members could all sit together. Day before travel (day after purchase) I get an email indicating there *could* be disruptions in travel due to a planned strike and encouraging me to download their app to help in the event of a train being cancelled. No specific information about our train though. Arrive in London following day to discover posters ALL OVER THE STATION indicating the strike has been planned well in advance and in fact, our train is cancelled. Check the app. No mention of any of this. Take to Southwest Rail staff, who inform me that this strike has been planned for some time, this train hasn't been scheduled to run since the strike was announced, and that Trainline regularly sells tickets for trains that aren't running. She kindly works with us to figure out how to get us to Axminster via another train AND BUS, which takes several hours longer. Had Trainline been forthcoming with this information in the first place, we wouldn't have booked the travel - or we would have found another way to get there before being stranded in London. When I contacted Trainline today to express my dissatisfaction, I was told repeatedly that it was not their fault that Southwestern Rail hadn't shared the strike information with them (which I do not believe given the very public nature of the information available in the Station) and that since Southwestern Rail *DID* get us to our destination eventually, I had nothing to complain about and no right to any refund from Trainline. To which I say, I will never be spending money on Trainline again."
"Bought ticket, chose to collect at station. System said to collect ticket at a local station. However no machine was there to print ticket. I had no choice but to buy another ticket. Trainline refuse to refund as the new ticket was retained at the station and I have no proof."
"Trying to book a ticket and then session is running out of time keeps on coming back on the screen over and over again, even after starting a new search and going back to home page...impossible to book a ticket..Very annoying waste of time.."
"Really clean website, super easy to use and making bookings is effortless. Takes all the hassle out of Train travel and refund was processed in hours on a trip I couldn't attend in the end, and the insurance I purchased wouldn't pay out but the Trainline were really helpful!"
"Bought a return train ticket to London including underground connections for a work trip. The booking went through smoothly and the tickets could be collected from either work or from the station. No issues picking up the tickets nor on the day itself, even if I got a bit lost myself in terms of which underground line to get on!"
"Great online service for purchasing train tickets and planning your itinerary."
"Easy to use website, and excellent prices."
"Due to strikes on trains an easy form to complete online for compensation from northern rail"
"Looooove using this app to book train tickets. Super easy to search and even easier to book. Honestly the only way I book train tickets now."
"Very competitive railway ticket sales, also has a very good app to keep you updated with regards to your journey and future ticket sales. Easy site to navigate.."
Trainline is rated 3.00 based on 12 reviews