The Holding Company Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Holding Company
Read The Holding Company Reviews
Third time I order a certain type of boxes and third time they informed me it is out of stock and I have to wait several weeks... No emails on despatching times/days neither
We're very sorry about the stock issue with your boxes - there has been an ongoing issue with the manufacturer and they have now officially discontinued it. We understand your frustration and are very sorry indeed.
Not received the product. Nice to know something is out of stock before ordering it. I received an email to notify me which I appreciated
I was very disappointed when my order of two Christmas plastic storage boxes with compartments arrived. The description on the website did not suggest that the compartments were the result of very thin cardboard dividers to create the individual compartments. The picture on the website was also very misleading, as it showed the box set up with compartments that looked like strong plastic dividers. It was too expensive to pay to return these items back to you. Therefore I have had to purchase plastic dividers myself from another company to create the compartments within the box. Overall this has worked out as a very expensive storage box for my Christmas decorations, and I will not use or recommend your company for any future on line purchases.
Terrible aftercare
The colour is a much brighter shade of pink than shown on the website. This could be camera lighting however they should try and show a picture of the actual colour to avoid ending up with an item you’re unhappy with. I can’t be bothered with the hassle of the return process now so have used the item for my daughter instead of my wedding.
Product didn’t make it in time for Christmas even though it was ordered in good time. No notice that this would be the case prior to purchasing - only told after the fact. Further to this - no email comms were sent to notify of the despatch / shipment / delivery of the product; I had to chase to find out where it was up to. Wouldn’t order again unless this process changed.
Although the staff have been polite, we are very disappointed with The Holding Company's standard of service. We've been informed that most of the items we ordered are out of stock - some, indefinitely - yet they are still being advertised on the company's website as if freely available. Several weeks on from placing our order, and having agreed to accept alternative versions/colours, we are still waiting for the items to arrive, and have received no further communication from the company regarding a likely date for this. The one item it did send arrived in a badly damaged state. Attempts to return it, or swap it for other goods have been met with silence, apart from an initial offer to sell us the item at a reduced price. There are other online companies selling similar items of comparable quality, but doing so at more competitive prices. Delivery is extremely prompt, exchanges and refund are handled efficiently, and communications between company and customer are polite and genuinely helpful. If The Holding Company wants to retain or attract customers, it needs to up its game seriously. I, for one, have reached the end of my tether.
We're very sorry that you have been left dissatisfied with your order. Our inbound stock of the item ordered was destroyed in the Indonesian earthquake disaster so we supplied the same item in an alternative colour. There were quality issues reported with the alternative for which we offered a substantial discount, and upon rejection of this offer issued a full refund for the item in question. We have been in contact throughout the process and once again apologise.
First choice not available, then took too long to receive order.
Very sorry to hear of the issues with your order. It's an incredibly busy time of year for us and sometimes things can take a little longer than we'd like - please accept our apologies for falling short of expectations.
The only complaint I have is having to wait 2 weeks to receive the products once the order has been placed. I've made several orders over the last 9 months and each time I've had to wait 2 weeks, apart from one time when I had to wait 4 weeks! The products themselves are great but 2-4 weeks is an unacceptably long time to have to wait for the orders. Come on Holding Company, it's time to improve your despatch system.
Hi Karin

Very sorry to hear that you've been unhappy with us. I've looked at your most recent order: you placed it on the 18th and it left us on the 23rd - that's three working days later - it was delivered the next day. It may have felt like two weeks waiting for your lovely boxes but it wasn't!
I was happy with the product but NOT the customer service. I placed the order paying £6.95 for postage/packing. 10 days later the product still had not been received so I called to enquire, and was told it had not even been dispatched yet. I therefore requested a refund for the postage/packing which I was told would be considered and I would be told of the outcome. The package eventually arrived 5 days after me chasing (over 2 weeks wait) but am still waiting for the postage/packing refund!
Hi Annabelle

Clearly we've dropped the ball on this one - please accept our sincere apologies! A despatch backlog caused by unprecedented demand held up a number of shipments including your own - normal service is now resumed but we let you down and that's not good enough. Your postage refund will be dealt with today.
The Holding Company is rated 4.42 based on 206 reviews