The Car Buying Group Reviews

1 New Reviews Written
00AM
12AM

Tell us how The Car Buying Group made you happy

"I had had two negative dealings with competitor company's- both of which had poor communication which led to increased stress for me. I was therefore very nervous when the car buying group contacted me via the Motorway group site. They offered a fair price - above some of the competitors, matched others but did not reduce it on collection like others apparently do - a bit lower than if I sold privately but this is to be expected and, to be honest, worth it. They were very professional all the way through and I honestly felt 'looked after'. Nathan Liversedge went 'above and beyond' to ensure that my stressful times came to a swift end. I would highly recommend and would go to this company without hesitation again. In my experience they acted ethically and honestly - and they ask for honesty from the seller so don't be tempted to hide something and hope they won't notice. They paid the agreed price without fuss, the collecting driver was courteous and everyone was very informative at every stage. The money was paid into my account before the driver took the car. If I could give 6 stars I would - and I never thought I'd say that about this type of site! A big thank you to Nathan and the team."
Are you The Car Buying Group? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback The Car Buying Group receives. Reply Free
"I had to sell the car to get some capitol and The Car Buying Group made a reasonable offer. They don't charge any hidden fees and the money is in your account within minutes of it being processed - just amazing. And they didn't even knock me down when examining the car, as long as you give a truthful account !"
"Danny was professional and courteous, the offer was provided via the phone the agreement made and the agreed sum was in my bank before my car was driven away. The price quoted was the price paid - no extra's for immediate payment etc. Would highly recommend."
"very straightforward process from start to finish. Unlike some of the other companies who offer this kind of service, they will not try to knock money off their original online quotation if you have given them an accurate description of your vehicle."
"They made an offer which was almost three time that of webuyanycar.com then increased it further when I didn't accept .They turned up when they said they would ( I even chose a Saturday) The funds were paid into my account with no cribbing ,arguing or haggling almost immediately , then the driver took the ca away. The whole thing took about 20 minutes ! Very pleased with this service."
"Pleasantly surprised by an efficient, friendly and stress-free sale and collection. I was more than nervous when I started the process of selling my beloved car as reviews of other car sale companies left me feeling like a seal in a sea of sharks. Do not be afraid to trust this group as long as you are realistic about the achievable price. Prompt communications verifying sale and collection and driver arrived 2 days later early in the morning, informing me of his arrival and filling out all the paperwork and waiting whilst payment went through - 5 star service. Thank you Luke and Alex."
"I recently closed a deal with The Car Buying Group to buy my Mercedes 250 CLA. They were efficient, excellent communications from start to FREE collection and transfer of the previously agreed price within half an hour. Top class with no problems"
"I found The Car Buying Group from being the highest quote through the comparison site Motorway.co.uk. They were friendly and straight forward. There were no hidden costs or charges and they paid what they'd quoted (within about ten minutes), despite my car being rather shabby. I asked if they could collect the car the next day before my tax needed renewing, and they obliged. They were very easy to get hold of on the phone when I wanted to ask a question, and the subcontractor who collected the vehicle kept me up to date on ETA. A very good stress-free service."
"I received a quote to purchase my vehicle online, after a very small amount of negotiation thecarbuyinggroup agreed to pay what I’d asked for and organised the collection the following day. The car was appraised by the driver, mileage and documents checked and the money immediately transferred into my account. There was no haggling over the price agreed on the phone and they even gave me an extra £50 for waiting in past the agreed pick up time. All in all a fantastic experience that I’ll be using again when I next upgrade. 5 star!!!"
"Brilliant service. Everyone was super helpful and polite. I was kept informed through the whole process and got a decent price for my car. The key is to be honest with your description when you initially contact them. Would definitely recommend."
"Genuine people offered a fair price on our car with no hidden fees. Collected it and put the cash in our account instantly. Reliable and really nice to deal with not at all pushy like some car buying companies"
"I was a bit nervous selling a car to a company I had never heard of before. But Lee Armstrong from the car buying group kept me calm through the whole process. I have to see this was an excellent service they did everything they said the would. The gave me a price and they stuck to it. No hidden costs and no 100 pound reduction per tiny stone chip because you actually used your car, like some companies. These guys are the best forget We Buy Any Car, forget EvansHalshaw. Use The Car Buying Group. Great experience. Thanks Lee."
"This is the best car buying company I have tried using. The other two gave me a valuation then reduced it by £1,000. The Car Buying Group gave me an uninflated quote on the phone - which was higher than the final offer from the other two companies, and on collection date, they looked at the car, noted some scuffs and scratches etc (which has not been discussed by phone) but did not reduce the valuation any further. They paid out the agreed amount without any fuss. I would recommend them over We buy any car.com"
"A promise isn’t a promise. I’m afraid I have had a very bad experience with the Car Buying Group. I received an offer for my car agreed over the phone and confirmed via email, then when I accepted the offer I was phoned and told the offer had been reduced by £1000.00. Darren phoned me and said there had been an error and the offer me £1000.00 less. I pointed out that the acceptance from their website, which I had in front of me, has a promise that ‘we promise to pay the price we quote ‘ but I was told their terms and conditions allowed them to refuse or change the price. There was a well practiced patter but their promise isn’t a promise at all. Darren did say he was the General Manager of the Group so this attitude comes from the top of the organisation. Very disappointed that these tactics are used."
The Car Buying Group is rated 4.71 based on 14 reviews