the saleroom Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend the saleroom
08AM
8AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact the saleroom?

Tell us how the saleroom made you happy

"My friend and I have used Stroud Auction Rooms several times to date and would recommend to anyone. Unlike others in the area they never make you feel inferior or that you are wasting their time even if your items are of no great value. We have always found the staff friendly and helpful. We also had a home visit recently and they arrived on time, didn't make us feel rushed at all and we will definitely use them in the future."
Are you the saleroom? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I have been to lots of auction rooms in the South -west and Stroud Auctions are definitely my favourite. Have bought and sold many times and have always been 100% happy. Staff are always pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful.I cant think of a single thing to be critical about. I have had some excellent prices when selling and lots of nice bargains when buying. What more can I want."
"We have been delighted with the advice and expertise delivered by Stroud Auctions. They recently sold a refectory table and chairs, the resulting price exceeded expectations. We will certainly use them again."
"EXCELLENT STAFF AT STROUD AUCTIONS ALWAYS VERY FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT IN EVERY WAY EXTREMELY RELIABLE SO TOTALLY PROFESSIONAL ESPECIALLY NICK AND ALEX AS OFFICE MANAGER AND VALUER AND PATRICK FOR HIS MILITARY EXPERTISE AND MIKE FOR GREAT COIN KNOWLEDGE MICHAEL WILLS"
"Stroud auction , what great place Staff very friendly always want to help . Meet the owner called nick, he helped me get set up into the auction and I even bought a car from there. Will be going again"
"nick runs a very professional company and his knowledge and experience is excellent his staff are polite and friendly but I don't understand how the people that complain speak to the staff so rudely trust me nick valued things from a 4 storey house in Cheltenham and the made good money if your selling junk then go to a car boot don't abuse nick and his staff also nick has a guy called paul that clears houses he is a pro in his work fully cleared a 4 storey house that was full in 6 days and that included a garage what a top man I will reccomende nick and paul to everyone its a shame the moaning reviewer haven't got a life"
"Having read some of these reviews,I find it difficult to believe they refer to Stroud Auctions. I can only think that they are connected in some way with an axe to grind. I have dealt with them several times over the past three or four years and have always found them to be welcoming,helpful and professional. As an example of their professionalism, I had cause to use them for some items which another auction house, providing probate valuations, had dismissed as near worthless. Among these items were three Chinese bowls which subsequently fetched well over £5,000. So you can imagine how pleased I was with the result. I have only given them 4 out of 5 stars because I almost never give 5 as this is an indication of perfection which, as we all know, is a practical impossibility. I am not a dealer."
"in 2017 I discovered thesaleroom.com and the prices were about the same as if you attended the auction in person meaning I was able to buy at dealer prices and take the risk and then sell to people on ebay and other websites where they didn't take any risk as they were protected by EU law and had 14 days cooling off period. 2018 and the prices now are coming in at the price I charge my own customers. (after you add the buyers premium at 27% to 33 % to the hammer price) only I have no protection. With an auction what you get is what you keep even if its garbage. Thats the risk I as a dealer was taking and in return I sold with full return options to my end user at a profit. Seems my own target market is now using thesaleroom.com only they're paying the same money they would pay for retail only without ANY protection normally associated with online retail purchases. Auction houses have a bad reputation some more than others. Thesaleroom.com do not get involved with disputes like eBay would so if and when you have an issue its between you and the auction house NOT you and thesaleroom.com Bottom line many people are flocking here in hopes of getting a deal after the marketing from thesaelroom.com and they think its like eBay in the sense they're protected, but it isn't and they're not so they leave negative reviews because they had not realised what they were getting involved with before they placed their bids The prices have doubled in a year because there are much more bidders now. The auction houses have improved their photos to entice the plentiful amount of potential bidders but you are still taking a risk and because you have next to no buyer protection "because" auction houses are exempt from retail laws."
"Be very aware if your buying from Stroud Auction Rooms via The Saleroom and internet bidding, I spent many thousands of pounds and although the staff were friendly and very polite there were no boxes available so be advised to take your own, I ended up with a car full of loose diecast models which took hours to collect and load. Look very closely at the pictures or phone them for a condition report on each item as the descriptions are very vague and they do not give the condition of the items, many of my lots were either broken in there original boxes or repainted models which would have swayed me not to buy those lots. May I add that it would be very doubtful if I use them again, I have found other auction houses selling toys a bit more switched on. Quick up date I have just been banned from Stroud Auction Rooms 03/06/19 for giving them a truthful review, after a not so polite phone call from a rude lady I am very happy to be banned, If you do use them I wish you the very best of luck ! they are a lot worse than I first imagined."
"Simply avoid buying via the saleroom. You pay extra but you get no protection or back up. It is a scam like booking.com or Airbnb. They take your money but don't get and support. It is a good search engine but that is it"
"this is company www.the-saleroom.com let pore auction houses like Clowes Nash Auctions Ltd well know at CNA-LTD THE GOT DIFERENT NAME TO CARRION WITH THE cam sale fake Rolex and parts on the web, you need to pay for the lots and after impossible to get any money back, i did lost about £3000 and the-saleroom don't help me with nothing never got any help from them"
"Terrible service the web page freezes i ended up with an item i did not bid on and when i called to complain they banned me from all auctions online. The worse part was they then continued to ban everyone else who uses the same ip address as me so my partner, and some work colleagues. When we attempted to address the problem with them just some rude woman said there is nothing she can do and stated she was too busy and hung up."
"BUYERS. if you want your PERSONAL DATE COMPROMISED, then the sale room is your BEST OPTION. They take all your personal data, bank account details, address, etc for registration which they then approve. Then when you go to log in, your account is IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED for an unknown reason - but they still retain all your PERSONAL DATA. this is totally dishonest - unprofessional and BUYERS - who are not supported in the event of a query, should be aware of this. Go find another honest, trust worthy and cheaper platform to buy on the internet. There are many out there who are HONEST and do not steal your personal data for their own use."
"The sale room is ANTI BUYERS. Just interested in the auction houses, some of which are "questionable" by not even having the items they are auctioning, so the poor buyers have to pay the auction house, plus the saleroom scandalous fees and THEN PAY THE REAL SELLER AS WELL. All of which is condoned by the s/r who refuse to deal with such methods and of course support the auction house and not the buyer who has a legitimate complaint about such practises.Arrogant, inefficient, totally computer reliant, unbelievably unprofessional, unable to deal FAIRLY with complaints, just interested in their huge fees. BUYERS. Look around for the other platforms to buy your goods, somne very honest, cheaper and PROFESSIONAL. AND FAIR TO BUYERS."
"The saleroom is only interested in the auction houses they suppoort. Buyers - who pay them 3% and their grievances totally ignored.. there are always two sides to a grievance but the s/r dont seem to understand that - just interested in collecting their scandalous 3%. My case? they confuse me with someone else & whilst having approved me one day, suspend me the next without me even bidding. THATs COMPUTERS FOR YOU. Buyers be aware - read the reviews from real humans who get shafted by the s/r. there are other more honest platforms to bid on out there.AVOID THE SALE ROOM.WHO DONT EVEN REPLY TO QUESTIONS ABOUT SUSPENSION. Cheats."
"In all my years in buying and selling at auction houses. I have never come across a shambolic auction house like these guys. Not only did my telephone bid not happen. But I was offered the same lot 2 weeks later by the auction house because the winning bidder never paid. Only to find, after the offer was made and duly accepted by myself, they now reneged on the offering. I found them to be unreliable, incompetent, unprofessional and frankly dishonest. These people are amateurs and do not know what they are doing. It seems they have upset many others. My advice to you is sell or buy somewhere else and AVOID 'Stroud Auction Rooms'!"
"The Saleroom plays host to some of the worst behaving auction houses in the Industry and does not in the least police its members practices: A good example is STROUD AUCTIONS which runs a multi-level scam, starting an item at the buyer's "highest bid" level even when it is far higher than the published starting bid and when no buyer has a higher bid programmed. This happened to me recently. THEN, after collecting price and postage, they ship the item smashed in pieces, so well packaged that there is not the slightest chance the damage occured in transit. My credit card company intervened to cancel both charges (auction price and shipping) but I was lucky. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."
"My account was suspended after failing to pay an auction house within 72 hours. I telephoned the Saleroom only to be told I wasn't able to be trusted. After explaining I had been in hospital receiving cancer treatment I was asked to prove this was the case. When I asked whether it was ethical or legal to share confidential information with a third party I didn't know and had no idea whether the information would be shared, I was told by a very snotty woman in admin that she said the information would be shared with the auction house at which I had bid. My advice is avoid at all costs."
"just a terrible customer experience!, pompous staff who all think they are very much above their own positions, rotten from top to bottom,AVOID AT ALL COSTS!"
the saleroom is rated 2.38 based on 21 reviews