The New School of Art Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend The New School of Art

How would you rate The New School of Art ?

"The location was quicker and easier to find than I expected, great instructions were given. Venue was well run, relaxed but still all the details were taken care of. Lovely studio too. The visiting artist, Nicolas Uribe, had a great balance of intro discussion, demonstration painting and letting us paint. Really fun and really instructive."
"I did loved Nicolas work has a teacher, open and very knowledgeable in every aspect of Art, and he did magic within the short resources provided from the school itself."
"Nicolas is a knowledgeable tutour who is incredibly with generous his time and attention. His positive and enthusiastic style of teaching is inspiring, whilst pushing you out of your comfort zone and encouraging continual self assessment and improvement. I have gained so much from attending his classes."
"It was an excellent workshop with Nic and well organised with directions and material lists all provided well in advance. Ordering was easy and it is great that you are doing these types of workshops as often they can only be found in other countries. I was really happy and loved the three days and learnt loads. thanks so much."
"Happy, friendly,professional staff. High quality teaching.Great coffee."
"Inspirational tutor in an exciting location, great group and progress made in my painting!"
"Excellent studio in fabulous area of London with a real buzz of electricity-well it would wouldn't it being where Faraday did his stuff! Tuition from Louise Balaam was just right and it was all run very smoothly. I really loved it in fact. Nat Young"
"Lovely day, painting on Hamstead Heath. Tim Benson was a good choice of tutor and we even had sunshine for some of the day."
"Big thank you to Louise Balaam for a very stimulating two days. I have been painting for several years, but from her I learnt a new and exciting way of working. And the setting of Trinity Buoy Wharf is so wonderful. Lovely studio, and the delicious coffee was a bonus!"
"Julian Le Bas is an excellent and stimulating tutor, and very encouraging of our efforts to paint the beautiful landscape from the gardens of the Griffin Inn, Fletching. The group was supportive and the two course lunch was very pleasant, with a good choice of menus. Sadly though, the weather was grim and it poured with rain from lunchtime to the end of the class, and there was insufficient shelter to cover us, so we were unable to continue painting, and our canvases and art materials were sodden by end of day (and so were we). Julian did a brilliant demonstration as we huddled under an awning but really the class should have been postponed to a later date as the weather forecast had clearly predicted heavy rain. Some people had travelled a long distance to attend the class and only had half a day's painting. Perhaps a credit could be given to everyone as recompense for a disappointing experience which could be put towards another class with Julian, who did his best to make the most of a very wet day! However, I would certainly recommend Julian for his teaching and immense knowledge and experience, and hope he offers another master class in the autumn."
"The tutor was good, helpful and I learnt a few things, however, due to a forecast of heavy rain the workshop should have been cancelled. There was a little shelter but would not have accommodated us all to paint. The start of the workshop was delayed by half an hour as we were waiting for two people which was disappointing and I feel the demo could have been done then whilst we waited as it was dry and decent weather but infact this didn't take place until nearly the end when it was chucking it down with rain. The lunch was very good at the pub and the setting was lovely. The critique at the end was useful."
Catherine / Kate
Verified Buyer
"Location excellent. Organisation of course very good."
"Three days painting at Cuckmere Haven was an ideal length of time for a short course. Daniel Shadbolt was a patient, thorough and encouraging tutor. At first, though, he appeared to presume that all of us were amateurs with either little or no experience. However he soon found a good balance in teaching the wide range of abilities on the course from absolute beginners to Art College trained professionals. I very much liked his references to famous artists and paintings. We were very fortunate in that the weather was glorious for the duration and we were made very welcome by the owner of the cottage. She provided refreshment and lunches each day and was even able to cater for the vegan amongst us."
"The venue was beautiful and so was the weather. Julian is a sympathetic and encouraging teacher who made the weekend fun and creative. The little cafe was very pleasant but rather disorganized and slow on service. Not sure what we could have done if the weather had been unfavorable as there was nowhere to shelter or paint."
De Graaff-Hunter
Verified Buyer
"Julian Le Bas was an excellent tutor and I learned a lot on my two day landscape course at Firle with him. As The Beanstalk Cottage Cafe didn't open until 11.00 it would have been good to have been given water on arrival, both for painting purposes and for drinking. I would be interested in any other courses with him."
"They provided a course which was just right for me"
"Paddock studios is a nice art space to work in with a lovely garden, although it can feel a bit cramped as there is limited room to stand back from your easel. Great teacher with lots of imparted knowledge and one to one tuition. More effort could be made to start the course on time and ensure that the equipment list distributed reflects what the tutor requires the students to have. Overall a good experience and I would return on another course."
"Michael is an excellent teacher, both gentle and incisive, who creates projects within students' reach and is able to balance positive remarks with constructive critiques in a rare balance. His classes are enjoyable and encouraging. The setting, a sunny studio in the heart of Brighton's Laines, is stimulating."
"I attended an amazing workshop with Nicolas Uribe. An incredible artist and brilliant teacher, he also was very open, talking about his own art journey. I learned a great deal in a few days and I'm hoping there will be more opportunities to study with Nicolas. The three day course was intense but also a lot of fun and the staff were friendly and helpful. absolutely brilliant three days."
"The teaching was brilliant as is the venue- light, airy and on the river in London's old Docklands. We were a small group and there was a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
The New School of Art is rated 4.58 based on 84 reviews