Tesco Bank Reviews

71% of reviewers recommend Tesco Bank
02AM
2AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Tesco Bank?

info@tescobank.com

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Tesco Bank made you happy

Telephone
"To Tracy from Glasgow The level of customer care service I received from you this afternoon has left me feeling I am in good hands with Tesco banking you spent quality time over the phone with me helping sort out I thought a fraudulent bank error on my statement which happily was not so..... Best quality care service: Sincerely a credit and asset to Tesco customer care services. Rating easy 10 out of 10"
Are you Tesco Bank? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Had Tesco bank account for a few years. The only problems I had was that no one else could pay a cheque into my account for me. I had to travel the 15 miles to the nearest store to do banking. I have a store 1/2 mile away but they don’t do banking! Also I had a problem using my debit card at a pay at the pump petrol station. It wouldn’t accept my card. When I phoned Tescos they said I had the wrong card for that and could not be used at pay at the pump petrol station. Ridiculous! When on holiday in Porthmadog north wales, I went to Tescos pay at the pump petrol station. I used my Tescos debit card, at a tescos petrol station, with my Tescos colleague card (yes I work for Tescos!) and it still wouldn’t allow me to fill up. Sorry Tescos bank, your loss. I’ve now moved to first direct for proper service"
"This company WILL sell your data to fraud artists. I’ve been flooded by calls ever since my accident which happened half a year ago. It was incredibly difficult to get answers from them about the status of my claim. AVOID!"
"Honestly not worth using Tesco bank if you value your time and user friendly interfaces. The app is OK but you will never be able to access it as there are always issues with the security - meaning you have to waste your time calling and emailing Tesco. To get through the security issues you will have to wait for a LETTER FROM TESCO. I have a Natwest account and it is the easiest and most brilliant app you could hope for. Go to Natwest, theyve won awards for the online banking app!"
"I love Tesco Bank app and I think it's easy to use their card. I also like the fact that their communication is great over the phone"
"As an insurance professional with 20 years of experience I have to say that I am not just disappointed with Tesco Bank but surprised there have been no high profile complaints of poor conduct to date. This year I made a very small claim (1/3rd my annual premium) which was declined despite being clearly covered. Furthermore I had also obtained approval prior to proceeding with the works and had demonstrated good faith by acting to minimise the loss. This claim was only approved when I made it clear I would submit a formal complaint citing the ambiguous wording and mis-leading / inconsistent advice. I have now received my renewal quote. Premium for like-for-like cover has increased by 75% with the premium rise in monetary terms being more than double the amount claimed. It is nonsensical to penalise a client who is in profit for the year – in fact profitability of a client is usually assessed over a period of 3 to 5 years. Insurers don’t like such attritional losses but they warrant a small symbolic penalty if anything. I have never seen a loss loading like this and I oversee the marketing of circa 2,000 insurance placements a year. As an existing client such a renewal quote is in fact a breach of the FCA’s TCF (Treating the Client Fairly) rules and, as an intermediary, Tesco Bank has shown no willingness to address it. Ultimately if you can’t rely on your insurance in the event of a claim - and if they do pay they expect you to more than repay them the follwing year - you’re buying nothing but a policy number."
"Awful attitude when ending insurance due to car sale. I paid for a full years insurance. They refuse to refund monies owed by cheque. Will only send funds to an account which they know no longer exists. Complete joke. Will never use again due to poor service."
"Avoid at all costs. Had two negative experiences with Tesco recently A non fault car accident resulted in a protracted and apathetic response that left me stranded without transport (despite replacement vehicle as part of the policy) and no answers!!!! even after long waits for somebody to answer the telephone Next pet insurance, received the renewal notice that had increased the premium by 48% reason given the pets were a year older and one has a minor sickness issue nearly twelve months ago, that might return!!!!!! Needless to say they have lost the business, they may be cheap but customer service, attitude and efficiency in their case is appalling"
"Car insurance at a good price with no hassle. I hope to never use it!"
"Very helpful over the phone customer service and online help. Get bonus discount if hold a Tesco Clubcard, really happy with my purchase :)"
"I will never ever take out any sort of Policy with Tesco Bank again. They wouldn’t allow me to change my direct debit date when I changed jobs so I had to cancel the Policy. They are insisting I pay a cancellation fee. Wrote a letter of complaint and the response back was disgusting. Worst customer service I’ve ever received"
"Use Tesco bank for my bank account Very happy with their services they provided me with would totally recommend"
"I have my mortgage with them. The summaries are excellent and I get club card points which I've just used against the ferry for my holiday and got 3 x the value as discount. Excellent."
"I have a Tesco clubs are but have never used Tesco bank. Their car insurance quote was by far the best and I have already recommended it to several friends"
"I received an automated call from the Tesco Fraud Department. I called Tesco who confirmed activity on my account which was not normal and they had blocked the transaction. I am very impressed with their speedy due diligence and subsequent mitigation in personally being a victim of fraud. Thank you for your fantastic service."
"Really poor customer service. Tescobank lost my creditcard payment. Then charged ne a default fee and registered this on my credit file. Liars and bullies. Avoid at all costs."
"Very good and helpful plus you get bonus points on your loyalty card as it says ever.y little helps"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Avoid. I needed help with my account urgently. The customer service person, could not help me and advised that someone would call me back within 48 hours!!!! I replied that I could not wait 48 hours, she then said her manager would ring me up in 4 hours!! No one rang and then 72 hours later received a text stating Tesco customer service would ring me back in 10 days!! Rang again to ask for Tesco Head Office tell no. And was told it could not be given to me. Asked to speak to a Manger and was told I could not. The who,e experience has been so frustrating and stressful. Please avoid at all costs"
"Very efficient in dealing with problems and very polite Would always recommend to family and friends"
"With your Tesco credit card I can combine it as my clubcard and get more points. Especially good value with buying fuel at Tesco, and extra value while I have been doing driving jobs for the last 3 years or so. I also used a good balance transfer offer with the Tesco card. Very good and efficient operation with points schemes, vouchers and other offers making having and using a Tesco credit card quite worthwhile, by around 2 per cent."
Tesco Bank is rated 3.76 based on 300 reviews