Tesco Bank Reviews

75% of reviewers recommend Tesco Bank

How would you rate Tesco Bank?

235 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
anonymous
Best deal on my car insurance

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Tesco Bank in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Best deal on my car insurance"
"Absolutely rip off. Suppose to have 51 day intrest free in purchase After 27 days they charged me me 52 pounds. Keep away from them."
"Don't recommend anybody to buy insurance from this company. I tried to speak with their costumer services but the lady wasn't helpful at all."
"Terrible bank, outdated systems almost like banking in the 80s Do not go with them"
David Elphick
Verified Reviewer
"Your login procedure is unnecessarily complex. Why do I have to receive a telephone call in order to access my savings account?. When I banked with Credit Agricole in France all I had to do was enter my account no, and select 6 numbers from a random 4x4 grid. Simple and it worked without a problem for 12 years. Check it out and get your IT boffins to devise something easier."
"Tesco just charged me £66 interest with a minimum payment of £66 on my £0 card balance. Their oh so unhelpful phone staff tell me for sure you have hidden things in your nasty 200 page terms and conditions allowing them to perform such highway robbery. Not a single member of my family will ever ever touch another tesco banded product you thieves"
"I has a 3 year bond with Tesco Bank-now expired . I have no adverse experience of them."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"We took out House & buildings insurance half the price of building society for the same cover."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Opened an easy saver account to take advantage of their very good interest rate, as I had quite a large sum of money in another bank with poor rates. Once the account was opened tried a test transfer of £5, I wasn't going to risk any more until I knew they were OK. Nothing happened so I tried another small transfer. Again nothing happened. Phoned their help desk. They said as I hadn't set up a direct debit they would have to raise a new one for each transfer and each would take several days before I could access the cash. What a joke in the 21st century. Had enough so closed the account by letter. No acknowledgement returned but account now inaccessible so I guess the have closed it. I wouldn't trust them to hold my loose change, they should stick to flogging groceries."
HILARY SHOOTER
Unverified Reviewer
"excellent customer service competitive prices always helpful transparent and honest"
"My car policy with Tesco Bank is due for renewal on 21st March. They are asking for a premium of £860 and I have been trying to contact them on line without success. I tried phoning but put the phone down after half an hour. I have written two letters, sent with confirmation of posting and all I have received from them was an unsigned letter saying they had tried to phone me. What else can I do. Peter Chilvers"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
PETER WHITEAR
"a great price and saved me money on my car insurance"
"Paying the bill in full still left me with a interest charge for the days it was in the post."
"Very good service."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
Mrs Lisa Othen
"Good prices but my renewal price wasn't good. I had to cancel over the phone and then take out a new policy online to get the best price. Abit annoying and flaff but worth it to save £150."
"Very good. No need to complain - YET!!!"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Do not use tesco bank. Very good customer service however they have to be good at something. Everything that could go wrong has done."
"Nothing but praise for the way my distressing claim was handled (death of pet). Sympathetic gentleman took my call and then claim handled between insurers and vet. I was notified by post on progress. My claim was covered in full, apart from excess. Even direct debit arrangement cancelled on date of claim, I did not have to do this. Would highly recommend Tesco pet insurance."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Always really helpful when I ring and very polite, have been with them for many years would recommend."
"Closed my account without telling me saying they will be sending my balance as a cheque its been a month and not received anything and now no one at bank will speak to me keep saying there busy and will call back."
Tesco Bank is rated 3.94 based on 235 reviews