Tesco Bank Reviews

Tesco Bank have a Customer Happiness Grade of A. Customers love their prices and customer service. Full Insights

74% of reviewers recommend Tesco Bank
Telephone

How would you rate Tesco Bank ?

"I received a renewal quote triple more that what Tesco quoted New cover was also provided by Tesco"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 days ago
"Absolutely terrible company for insurance. They automatically renew your policy with no emails or letters to tell you how much the renewal is. The money is simply taken from your bank. The renewal price ends up being much more expensive than elsewhere. If you try to ring to make sure your policy is not automatically renewed, you cannot get through to anyone as their lines are too busy. Ridiculous system."
"Tesco Club Card credit card ..... every month i get interest charges yet i pay in full on time but the charges keep coming ... i call, hold on the line, discuss it with an agent, they promise to remove the charges and resolve for the next month but it continues, each month I pay silly amounts for the privilege of a tesco credit card. Tesco, you are providing a poor and expensive service"
"As efficient if not better than most banks. More than satisfied."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Tesco’s car insurance brilliant!!"
"Cancelled. Policy"
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"I have had no problems so far bought the policy online ,so no human contact ,have not made a claim so can't rate that side of things"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Generally I find the online banking system simple and clear enough to get round. But what I can't fathom is why do I need to verify each new device??!!! They need to send a "varification code" to my registered number... Great, NOT!!! The reason I am using a different device is because I don't have my registered device with me you morons! I have 3 pieces of personal login security already so drop the new varification bullshit please. God help anyone who has their mobile stolen while away on holiday (for example) because they won't be able to use Internet banking until they get the phone/number replaced to receive the varifiction code to use a different device. I have 4 other Internet banking accounts from other banks and none have this pointless system and guess what.... I freely log in with different devices and I've never had a fraud problem with their simple 3 security info set up. Actually tempted to shut my account now, I don't want to end up having my wallet/phone stolen from a hotel while abroad because...... 1, I can't use my friends/family device to log in to MY account to check balance for stolen money etc or order new bank card from them. 2, I can't transfer my money into their account to withdraw from cash machine! Yes, you could call the customer services team, but that's gonna be expensive from abroad and have you actually tried speakin to tesco over the phone??? If not, just keep reading down the reviews and that'll give you an idea."
"Had an accident 5 months ago, my car is still in the body shop and the repair is not even started, it has been to 2 different body shops and they are unable/unwilling to do the repair or to confirm the exact parts needed, a third body shop has refused to even look at it. Tesco motor insurance are blaming the body shop, the body shop are saying they cannot fix the car, Tesco insurance are refusing to declare the car a total loss as they haven't had a high enough repair estimate which is because the body shop won't estimate as they say they cannot do the work. We are simply going around in circles, this service is absolutely disgusting I would not recommend them at all."
"it was easy to get into and i was asked if i wanted the documents on email or to have them through the post i requested them in the post and they were here on the next day. good value for money."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"As someone who does not use Tesco bank I find it terrible. I am Dutch and made a trade deal with someone who lives in England, we used Tesco bank transfer; as soon as I sent the Tracking code I would get my money. However they take ages to reply my emails and when they do they say that my money will take several days to be credited ''because of the many orders they process''. Terrible customer service and terrible waiting times. I should've looked here before agreeing to use Tesco bank. My advice: If you can, do not use this bank's services at any time."
"Good value, staff very helpful."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"always very helpful in the past and sympathetic"
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Thoroughly disappointed by our experience with Tesco car insurance. We were driven into while parked in a car park by a young driver who just drove off, despite having crunched into our car so hard that various people in the car park noticed it. Despite having two independent witnesses and CCTV from the store car park showing the accident and whose fault it clearly was, it has taken over five months for Tesco to resolve this claim - and we have had to chase them constantly and do all the work. While they were doing nothing to resolve our case (which the driver’s insurers were - unbelievably - denying responsibility for), Tesco tried to make us pay the excess to get the repair work done to our car at our expense. Even worse, they told us we’d lose our longstanding no-claims bonus if we didn’t and our policy would cost more in the future too!! It wasn’t until the Police finally charged the driver with driving away from the scene of an accident and the other driver’s insurer caved in and admited responsibility that Tesco finally agreed to get the work done at their expense. We’ve been left incredulous at their poor service and asking ourselves what on earth we paid our premiums for. If they don’t even fight for their customers’ rights when there are witnesses and CCTV, what hope is there if someone ploughs into you without those things? I will never use Tesco Insurance again for anything. You pay them, then end up doing all the work yourself, while they threaten you with losing your no-claims bonus for an accident that it’s obvious was not your fault. Unbelievable."
"Best deal on my car insurance"
"Absolutely rip off. Suppose to have 51 day intrest free in purchase After 27 days they charged me me 52 pounds. Keep away from them."
"Don't recommend anybody to buy insurance from this company. I tried to speak with their costumer services but the lady wasn't helpful at all."
"Terrible bank, outdated systems almost like banking in the 80s Do not go with them"
"Your login procedure is unnecessarily complex. Why do I have to receive a telephone call in order to access my savings account?. When I banked with Credit Agricole in France all I had to do was enter my account no, and select 6 numbers from a random 4x4 grid. Simple and it worked without a problem for 12 years. Check it out and get your IT boffins to devise something easier."
"Tesco just charged me £66 interest with a minimum payment of £66 on my £0 card balance. Their oh so unhelpful phone staff tell me for sure you have hidden things in your nasty 200 page terms and conditions allowing them to perform such highway robbery. Not a single member of my family will ever ever touch another tesco banded product you thieves"
Tesco Bank is rated 3.89 based on 249 reviews