Tesco Bank Reviews

74% of reviewers recommend Tesco Bank

How would you rate Tesco Bank ?

"Had an accident 5 months ago, my car is still in the body shop and the repair is not even started, it has been to 2 different body shops and they are unable/unwilling to do the repair or to confirm the exact parts needed, a third body shop has refused to even look at it. Tesco motor insurance are blaming the body shop, the body shop are saying they cannot fix the car, Tesco insurance are refusing to declare the car a total loss as they haven't had a high enough repair estimate which is because the body shop won't estimate as they say they cannot do the work. We are simply going around in circles, this service is absolutely disgusting I would not recommend them at all."
"it was easy to get into and i was asked if i wanted the documents on email or to have them through the post i requested them in the post and they were here on the next day. good value for money."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Egbert Van Essen
Unverified Reviewer
"As someone who does not use Tesco bank I find it terrible. I am Dutch and made a trade deal with someone who lives in England, we used Tesco bank transfer; as soon as I sent the Tracking code I would get my money. However they take ages to reply my emails and when they do they say that my money will take several days to be credited ''because of the many orders they process''. Terrible customer service and terrible waiting times. I should've looked here before agreeing to use Tesco bank. My advice: If you can, do not use this bank's services at any time."
"Good value, staff very helpful."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"always very helpful in the past and sympathetic"
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Thoroughly disappointed by our experience with Tesco car insurance. We were driven into while parked in a car park by a young driver who just drove off, despite having crunched into our car so hard that various people in the car park noticed it. Despite having two independent witnesses and CCTV from the store car park showing the accident and whose fault it clearly was, it has taken over five months for Tesco to resolve this claim - and we have had to chase them constantly and do all the work. While they were doing nothing to resolve our case (which the driver’s insurers were - unbelievably - denying responsibility for), Tesco tried to make us pay the excess to get the repair work done to our car at our expense. Even worse, they told us we’d lose our longstanding no-claims bonus if we didn’t and our policy would cost more in the future too!! It wasn’t until the Police finally charged the driver with driving away from the scene of an accident and the other driver’s insurer caved in and admited responsibility that Tesco finally agreed to get the work done at their expense. We’ve been left incredulous at their poor service and asking ourselves what on earth we paid our premiums for. If they don’t even fight for their customers’ rights when there are witnesses and CCTV, what hope is there if someone ploughs into you without those things? I will never use Tesco Insurance again for anything. You pay them, then end up doing all the work yourself, while they threaten you with losing your no-claims bonus for an accident that it’s obvious was not your fault. Unbelievable."
"Best deal on my car insurance"
"Absolutely rip off. Suppose to have 51 day intrest free in purchase After 27 days they charged me me 52 pounds. Keep away from them."
"Don't recommend anybody to buy insurance from this company. I tried to speak with their costumer services but the lady wasn't helpful at all."
"Terrible bank, outdated systems almost like banking in the 80s Do not go with them"
David Elphick
Verified Reviewer
"Your login procedure is unnecessarily complex. Why do I have to receive a telephone call in order to access my savings account?. When I banked with Credit Agricole in France all I had to do was enter my account no, and select 6 numbers from a random 4x4 grid. Simple and it worked without a problem for 12 years. Check it out and get your IT boffins to devise something easier."
"Tesco just charged me £66 interest with a minimum payment of £66 on my £0 card balance. Their oh so unhelpful phone staff tell me for sure you have hidden things in your nasty 200 page terms and conditions allowing them to perform such highway robbery. Not a single member of my family will ever ever touch another tesco banded product you thieves"
"I has a 3 year bond with Tesco Bank-now expired . I have no adverse experience of them."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"We took out House & buildings insurance half the price of building society for the same cover."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Opened an easy saver account to take advantage of their very good interest rate, as I had quite a large sum of money in another bank with poor rates. Once the account was opened tried a test transfer of £5, I wasn't going to risk any more until I knew they were OK. Nothing happened so I tried another small transfer. Again nothing happened. Phoned their help desk. They said as I hadn't set up a direct debit they would have to raise a new one for each transfer and each would take several days before I could access the cash. What a joke in the 21st century. Had enough so closed the account by letter. No acknowledgement returned but account now inaccessible so I guess the have closed it. I wouldn't trust them to hold my loose change, they should stick to flogging groceries."
HILARY SHOOTER
Unverified Reviewer
"excellent customer service competitive prices always helpful transparent and honest"
"My car policy with Tesco Bank is due for renewal on 21st March. They are asking for a premium of £860 and I have been trying to contact them on line without success. I tried phoning but put the phone down after half an hour. I have written two letters, sent with confirmation of posting and all I have received from them was an unsigned letter saying they had tried to phone me. What else can I do. Peter Chilvers"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
PETER WHITEAR
"a great price and saved me money on my car insurance"
"Paying the bill in full still left me with a interest charge for the days it was in the post."
"Very good service."