Taxicode Reviews

1% of reviewers recommend Taxicode
11AM
11AM

Tell us how Taxicode made you happy

6 - 12 Hours
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"heathrow to london city, for 47,50 pounds which i paid through paypal. On the way the driver asked me if the taxi office told me rhat i have to pay him an extra 11.50 pounds. I said no, i have already paid the full amount of 47.50 pounds online. He called the office and told m that they called him back. Instead someone called me and said that i have to pay the driver an extra 11.50 pounds for conjuction fees. I ofcourse refused and told him that i paid the amount stated on the confirmation email and that nowhere was written for this extra fees. After a long talking the man on the phone said ok but next time to have it in mind. This is not a professional approach. Very dissapointed although the taxi driver was very kind. I dont know what all that was about"
Are you Taxicode? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Do not use this company for any reason as they are not a can company and will provide no refund or any level of customer service"
"Taxi ode is the worst service provider, I recently Made a booking thru them for my trip for Windermere to London, I had paid upfront 3 weeks in advance . On the day of travel 1 hour before trip they cancelled my taxi . I called them Several Times but no reply. They are very u professional. Recommend everyone not to book thru them. Don’t go with their prices they don’t fulfill the service.This company should Be blocked by Taxi Authorities in Uk. They still haven’t refunded my full amount."
"Don't use this company!! Should have read all the reviews before trying this lot. Had to cancel a pre-paid booking - read the cancellation policy. They only give 10% of the cost back if the cancellation is 10 days or less before the booking. Reading the other reviews, seems I was lucky to get even that."
"I booked a taxi to Heathrow from a hotel. I pre paid with my credit cards a driver arrived an hour earlier and called from reception to say he couldn’t take me. And that was it. No new driver assigned and no refund."
"Thieves. Booked a return journey for £393 in total, had to cancel the second leg having paid upfront. Spoke with cab company and they had payment for 2nd leg deducted back from their account, however that was not passed back to me. Best avoided."
"Thieves. Booked a return journey for £393 in total, had to cancel the second leg having paid upfront. Spoke with cab company and they had payment for 2nd leg deducted back from their account, however that was not passed back to me. Avoid."
"Booked a taxi from Hertfordshire to Heathrow Airport, through this website- https://www.hertford-taxis.co.uk/ Do not use them! I placed the booking over their website and the passenger was waiting and got in contact with them and they had no drivers available. £72.50 completely lost!!! (p.s the give away is that they have no contact number on their website, yell.com, etc)"
"DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE COMPANY!!!!!!! To start with I would of given no stars but couldn’t. I booked a taxi weeks in advance with a fixed fee with which I thought was with our local taxi company, but when I phoned them and given the news that we hadn’t got a booking with them, alarm bells sounded... I then phoned the company I booked with and they said they allocated the driver 24 hrs before which I was very concerned and had an uneasy feeling as our flight is 3am (on recent reviews people were saying the taxi didn’t turn up) Today I had an email stating the our booking had been cancelled and to rebook we would have to pay more money, phoned the company and they told me it had been cancelled and my payment was refunded back, thank god as I then booked with a local company over the phone and will get to the airport without any worries if it will turn up"
"Cancelled our 5 seater taxi 24 hours before our journey with no explanation via e-mail. They didn't even bother to call me. Offered a £5 voucher as compensation!!!! When I tried to book another 5 seater for the same journey through Taxicode, it was £24 more expensive. I wonder why!! This 'service' is a total waste of time. I am now trying to find another company that can help but of course they are all fully booked as it's such short notice."
"First time I booked was great, all went through fine and I had no worries. Second time I booked, I was given the run around by Taxicode - my review is about Taxicode ONLY - this only takes into consideration what Taxicode did. I booked with Taxicode and paid £66 for a 7 mile trip in the middle of nowhere after a wedding. Taxicode assigned a cab company to pick up the 8 people in a mini bus and drop them at 3 different locations. This was showing as unconfirmed by the provider for days. So I called the cab company to check all was okay with the 3 different drops, they then told me they had no record of my booking, they do not work with Taxicode and don't even cover the area that I had booked it for!! I contacted Taxicode who said 'no worries, all fine we will get another company to book! I guarentee you will get a taxi'' - I checked all the potential cab companies that were on the taxicode list and none of them were able to take my booking. When I told Taxicode this, they said it would all be fine and my booking would be confirmed 6 hours before my booking was due. 6 hours... really? I asked if I could cancel, to which they told me that I would only receive back 10% of my payment. At this point my stress levels hit the roof and I was contacting Taxicode on their help page nearly every hour. Everytime they replied, it would mark my ticket as resolved - which it never was. Eventually I got through to someone on the phone after being on hold for over 10 mins! I complained that nothing had been done and no one was telling me what was happening, I must of got them on a good day because the guy said he would fully refund me on the grounds that I was stressed! Thank god they did as I had to ring round several different places before I could find a taxi company to take my booking. I know the response that Taxicode will make to this review - no record of my booking (Booking MB435D5B03AE2) - please review the cab company and not taxicode etc. - my review is about Taxicode NOT the cab companies. I will never ever use this company again."
"Didn't turn up cz refused any help or refund, now taking them to court,. Bunch of rip off merchants, who don't give a damm."
"If you're an operator don't sign up to these crooks! I cancelled a booking because after their fees of £61, which aren't explained, made the job unviable. They then charged my card £157.66 for cancelling it. Argued with them, they agreed a refund, then they start messing you about with adding a bank account to be paid back. They're absolute rip off merchants...don't sign up with them! One more point....the prices they expect you to do work for is laughable!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!"
"I prebooked prepaid a journey for 9 teenagers. Taxicode failed to collect them - they were an hour from home. Apparently my daughter wasn’t there - she was!!!! The company supplied evidence that they were there - it shows them leaving the location 4 minutes before the booked pick up time!!!! Absolute cowboys - avoid at all costs!!!!!"
"Booked the ride for 5am this morning. Got a confirmation so I slept thinking all is fine!!! Woke up on my alarm 4:30 got changed and waited past 5:05 and called to ask where the driver is. No answer! I went to check my email and guess what they have cancelled the booking so it says at 4:05!!!!!! How Was I supposed to suspect such a surprise?!!! Never again!!! I just called Uber and luckily managed to get a 5 minutes away one!! AVOID"
"Absolute scam, do not use this company! Misrepresentation The company quoted myself £35.00 plus £1.50 for the taxi fare from the airport which was about the same price as other competitors. I paid then I was called hours later being told that I had not put in the correct address details (post code and full address) which I had indeed done as I not only searched but the address came up in full. I was then told it would be £60.00 I asked for it to be cancelled. I was then made aware I would only get 25% of the cost back. When trying to raise a complaint the company were unhelpful and rude."
"I booked a return trip; then I needed to change only the outbound trip (but not the return trip). I called TaxiCode and talked to Mujtaba Hussein asking for the change. He mentioned that changes are not possible, that they need to cancel my trip and re-book it again. I accepted, they made the change to my outbound trip and by mistake they have changed the return date (to the SAME DAY than the outbound trip) instead of keeping my original return date, as requested. As I assumed the return was not changed I did not payed attention to its date, and only checked the new outbound date. I made the payment and then I start to get calls from taxi drivers saying that they were waiting for me. I have lost the booking and the money of my return trip. They never recognised their mistake and made me pay for it."
"DO NOT USE - they took the money for my booking and I still haven't been able to obtain a refund and it doesn't look likely. I followed the advise process to request the refund after I cancelled the booking but taxicode said I should request it from the taxi firm who tell me the vice versa. Absolutely, a disgrace."
"At 5:15 pm I booked a Mercedes (final splurge!) to take the 3 of us to Heathrow at 8:15 next morning. Got an almost immediate reply to say that the ride had been assigned to GLC Executive and I would get final confirmation in the the next few minutes, either from GLC or some other company. We went out to dinner - when we returned at 10 p.m there was no final confirmation. So I emailed them to cancel, contacted them through their "Contact US" links and tried to click on the Cancel tab on our booking (which did nothing). I couldn't phone them as I don't have a British phoine and their website has no "Chat with us" facility. Booked a black cab instead which cost very little more and gave instant confirmation. Imagine my surprise when a Toyota station wagon turned up next morning from Taxicode's partner. I told the driver I had cancelled, he took a photo of the front door to confirm he had been there and took off. Picture my amazement to find that Taxicode billed me the full fare to Heathrow for 3 people plus luggage. I have reported them to my credit card company. AVOID TAXICODE - a black cab is cheaper and more reliable."
Taxicode is rated 1.06 based on 93 reviews