Taxicode Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Taxicode
06AM
6AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Taxicode?

Tell us how Taxicode made you happy

"Would have rated zero if that had been possible. We booked a cab from Sussex to Heathrow for 21st April. We had a confirmation email with all my details correct. As I hadn't heard anything by lunch time on the 21st I contacted them. I was told they had messaged me that morning but I hadn't replied. They even sent me a copy of the message clearly showing the incorrect mobile number. They also said that as I had arranged a meet and greet at Harrow they would not be able to find a driver in time, so sorry and have a fantastic day! The details on my original booking were quite clear and correct. Harrow was never mentioned, we live in a village in Sussex and they had changed the last digit for my mobile number. An old trick when you don't actually want to contact someone! They were very reasonable and thank goodness I had chosen to pay the driver. I appreciate that a huge number of reviews were very poor ratings but there were some good ones so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. A very bad mistake. Worst service and customer service ever. Luckily we were able to get a lift and so did make our flight but no thanks to taxicode"
Are you Taxicode? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"They cancelled my taxi last minute . I am afraid I will lose my flight. Worst taxi company ever."
"Worst Service provider!!! Worst Service provider... While booking it shows 3 small/medium trolleys/suitcase and 4 handbags - after making payment, you get an email stating only 2 suitcase allowed, if you have more bags, upgrade and pay more!! Spoke to Customer service both the cab provided and Taxi code, was shocked on how they handled, I was pushed to upgrade or cancel and get 10% back!! - For whose mistake? they were not ready to accept that it shows 4 + 3 as luggage allowed, until I kept the service guy on hold and sent the screen shot and asked him to check - it took 40 min + of denial from Customer service and then they told we will refund full payment!!! DO NOT GO BY WHAT THEY SHOW YOU ON THEIR WEBSITE WHILE MAKING BOOKING!! I just hope to get my money back, never ever will book neither recommend anyone - Even after making payment, when I browsed again for same travel itinerary, the prices were lower than what I paid!!! I would rather pay a little more to an Uber or other trust worth cab providers."
"SCAM I ended up calling Taxicode before I booked because I could not find the company that I was trying to book online (the cheapest one) anywhere. When I called, I was greeted by a man with an incomprehensible accent who simply told me that he would provide me with the contact details of the company after I had made my booking. At this point, I suspected that the company was not very legitimate so I told the man that no matter how many times he asks me, I am not prepared to put £500 into a company which he refuses to prove actually exists. Shortly after that, the man hung up on me. Avoid this company - the other reviews on here will tell you the same DONT RISK YOUR MONEY"
"Avoid this company, they accepted my booking & confirmed it. Then they emailed me at 4.30 am in the morning saying the booking was cancelled. I did not see this email until 10 mins before the taxi was due! Luckily I wasn't going to catch a flight & I managed to get an Uber which was over 30% cheaper & arrived quickly."
"Upgrade offered as a Mercedes E-class to find out that Apex Cars Airport transport offered the same car as a standard package at GBP25 less. So where was the upgrade?? Got told if I cancel 24 hours in advance I will not receive a refund. Will never use them again"
"Do not use this company!! They are scammers! I booked for my family of 6 and paid a deposit. Following which l received an email saying the van I booked wouldn't fit us although on the site it showed the exact luggage and number of people that we were. They said I had to pay more which I eventually agreed to. Without asking me they took the extra funds from my account. Following which they cancelled my booking and refused to refund me both the deposit and the extra I had paid. Their customer care is inconsistent and not helpful. Just don't go there!!!"
"Terrible company. I received a Booking confirmation but the driver never arrived. Tried to call him, he hung up the phone and texted he isn’t coming. Money taken from my account."
"This company has stolen money from my credit card : after I cancelled one half of the booking (didn’t want pick up but wanted to keep the drop back) they said I couldn’t do that and I’d only get a few percent of my deposit back but I’ve just discovered a card I had given them 3 months ago has been used to steal nearly £60 from my account. Absolute crooks. **DO NOT USE THEM AND REPORT TO POLICE IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED **"
"A fabulous driver, with clean and comfortable vehicle. A comfy trip that I really enjoyed."
"No refund policy. Booked a cab and waited for 1 hour only to find the website had booked it for the wrong date. Called taxi code - very rude people. Based in Amsterdam. Not a British company. Lol. Said I can’t cancel my booking and I won’t be getting my money back. Luckily I paid with PayPal. Buyers protection and also the cancellation form clearly said refunded after cancellation. I took screenshots. Am reporting this company to watchdog UK. Scammers."
"Absolutely disgusted with this company Absolutely disgusted with this company. Booked one way taxi for a charity walk for The Royal Marsden which got called off the day before due to yellow met weather warning and they will not refund the money as they didn’t have 24hours notice!"
"I tried to increase booking going from £67 to 212 for 9.of us on top taxi code wanted to charge me £15 jokers they are cowboys go independent these guys are plain dodgy not to be trusted"
"Very shady practice, even a single change in you booking within minutes after you book will cost you buyer beware"
"Very bad experience, do not use if you want to pay for service that does not happen"
"I hate their policy, i have booked taxi and taxi person called me they cant fit luggage and need to cancel booking or re-book with bigger car, i have cancelled with in hour of booking and taxi code have deducted 75% of my money and refunded 25%, crazy please be careful before booking."
"I am in london .do not use this service they are not good at all avoid with all cost. they lie and when you try to cancel, they throw their policy at you. trust me a waste of money use this service instead belgraviachauffeurs.co.uk well worth the extra few pounds"
"Stay away from this company. They cancelled my booking a couple of hours before it was due (after coming from a long flight in Singapore) in spite of it being confirmed and booked a week in advance. More than 9days later they still haven't refunded me. Please stay away as the service level is appalling."
"This company gives various prices for your journey. I clicked on the "cheapest" option for my journey but the "booking" was made with a more expensive company/option. I phoned Taxicode to inform them that the wrong "booking" had gone through to be told that this was the booking I made and that there was no option to cancel! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!"
"I booked a taxi pre-xmas to go to an event and then be collected from the event. The booking was accepted using A1 taxis. They took a payment prior to the event. The taxi did not turn up and I contacted A1 to be told they had a problem with the taxi and would not be able to do the journey! They had my mobile number but never attempted to phone. I had an email sent in the early hours of that day, that I did not pick up until after the date ( who looks at emails on their computer on a Saturday) but they had my phone number and did not even attempt to contact me. To be told that late was rubbish to start with as I would not have been able to get a taxi on the 22nd December at such short notice. Both A1 and Taxicode were lacking in customer consideration and care - they did not honour the "contract " that we paid into! Don't risk disappointment - try another company!"
Taxicode is rated 1.16 based on 25 reviews