Swinton Insurance Reviews

13% of reviewers recommend Swinton Insurance

How would you rate Swinton Insurance?

15 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Jay

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Swinton Insurance in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Ageas and Swinton completely let us down. After a claim they gave us no hire car and it took 6 days to write the car off so we were left 6 days without a car and that delayed my wife driving again which knocked her confidence after the accident. Ageas also didn't pass my complaint into Swinton saying we would never use them again resulting in us having to pay the more on the policy after the claim. Every time I complained they never took me seriously and they never did anything to repair the dissatisfaction we received from their poor service. Every time they just fobbed us off with the financial Ombudsman which we will look into. Swinton were the insurers and Ageas dealt with the claim and they just blamed each other but did nothing about it. I would never ever use these again and it's obvious to me they don't care about being decent as long as they are making easy money from their customers."
"They cancelled my house insurance 7 days after taking it out, saying that the underwriters cancelled the insurance. Then sent me various letters stating I needed to pay £20 for a cancellation charge! They cancelled not me so why do I have to pay £20? Do not use Swinton they are robbing thieves and you can get a more reliable service with so many other insurance companies out there."
"Keep sending marketing text messages and unable to opt out without texting a premium number to request they stop. Not impressed and will never use them."
"Absolutely terrible customer service, i have 6 years no claims which i have proof of however swinton have admitted that they will not accept a valid ncb certificate because it does not have my vehicle reg on it even though it is not required by other insurance companys! And lets be honest you as the customer get the no claims not your car! They have some very rude staff that will quite happily try to shout over the top of you if you let them. The only good thing about swinton is cancelling my policy i have honestly never had so much trouble with any other company in the couple of weeks i have been with them. Please avoid this company if you want your no claims."
"Shit service shit companey wouldn't recommend to anyone"
"Was very upset was recommended that is very cheep but they even refuse to give me a question was upset bcz never been refuse in 5 years shit company donn't use this compeny no good"
"Everything was made so simple."
Mr Shankarlal Bhatt
"Happy and unhappy as their renewal always very high"
"Not limited to South Shields, rather the entire Swinton. Their car breakdown is not worth the paper it's written on. I have been a customer of Swinton for 4-5years for breakdown. I have National recovery that states if it cannot be repaired at the roadside they will take it to a garage. I pay for and have a contract for 24 hour recovery, 7 days a week and to a garage if required. All very well you might think, however, no, no, no. My car broke down yesterday, the breakdown came, it was the clutch so could not be repaired at the road, obviously I would like it taken strait to a garage... however, here is where Swinton logic and misleading policy comes into play. It was the evening and all the garages were closed, so I had no option but to have the car towed to the safest place in the meantime- my address. As they were unable to fulfil their contractual obligation at that time- to take it a garage then I would (as would anyone) expect that the service I have paid for to be carried out in full and consequently, completed when it is possible to do so. Hence, take it to a garage when it's open. As soon as the garage opens I ring them and then I call Swinton to arrange for them to collect my car to complete the service I pay for, what they were unable to complete the previous night. I was informed that they wouldn't collect it because I don't have Home Start. Obviously, I inform them that this is a continuation of a service that were unable to carry out ...etc. etc. Get no where with complete simpletons, who are unable to deviate from a rehearsed script. I pay for and have agreed contractually for 24 hours breakdown, 7 days per week. However, as garages are actually only open 9- 5 they have been charging me for a service that they won't provide. To be taken to a garage as agreed then my car needs to breakdown during office hours 9-5 and we all know that cars are never that convenient. Hence, the policy they have mislead me with can only be validated 8 hours per day and 6 days per week. Hence if I (or anyone for that matter) is unlucky enough to break down the other 16 hours per day or on a Sunday- screwed. The policy that has been agreed is invalid as there are no garages open and they will worm their slimy little crooked bodies out completing their obligations when they are able to. Yes, I have cancelled my breakdown and yes, I have lodged a complaint in view to taking it up with the financial ombudsman. Just found out that they have previously been fined for miss selling so it appears not much has changed."
"Found website easy to navigate through. Price was favourably competitive."
"First they cut the number of swinton main street premises and now they are cutting the number of policies that they have to offer - its all about cutting costs and maximise profits for the company. They claim to be putting 'the customer at the heart of everything we do' - RUBBISH! As a policy holder, I have just been informed that they are stopping my policy because it is too specialist and they are reducing the number of policies to just two. I will not be insuring with this company again."
"I renewed my motor insurance with Swinton insurance brokers and was eventually quoted a figure of £586. I paid it but as a mater of interest contacted the AA who quoted £386. I am now wondering where the £200 is actually going as the insurance was provided by the same company AXA 35. I have requested a refund which has been promised within 5 days. AA good Swinton BAD. I have dealt with this company since 1975. Never again."
"Appalling customer service in Sunderland branch. I made a formal complaint to Swintons' national complaints team who dealt with it in a very prompt and professional manner however feedback was no action would be taken by manager of branch."
"I recently had the unfortunate pleasure of needing their services because someone drove into me. They passed me to a legal company called Quindell who are part of Swinton. The whole experience was terrible and I was left feeling that it had all been my fault and their customer services team where uneducated at best and dam right rude. Never again, moved all my insurance to different provider."
"I was a loyal customer for 5years and they put my policy up .take it or leave it..attitude d.kirby"
Swinton Insurance is rated 1.67 based on 15 reviews