Swillington Organic Farm Ltd Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Swillington Organic Farm Ltd

About Swillington Organic Farm Ltd: We want to help you eat less meat but eat better meat by revolutionising the connection between field and fork.
We believe that organic and ethically produced meat is better for you, better for the environment, better for the animals and produces a difference you can taste.
The story behind your food is important. By choosing to buy from producers directly you can trust and understand what you’re eating, where it came from and the life it lived.
We’re on a mission to connect you with the food you eat.
For 3 generations and over 50 years we’ve been farming at Swillington in the heart of Yorkshire. Producing sustainable, high welfare food you and your family can trust.
Our team work hard to put quality and animal welfare at the heart of everything we produce and as our ethos grows in popularity we’re gradually increasing our herd, our team, the farmers we work with and the land we farm so that we can supply more households without compromising on the values that make our meat so special.
We hope you will choose to make the switch to Swillington Farm Meat and help us all move toward a more sustainable, organic attitude to food.
Jo, Ed & The Swillington Team

Tell us how Swillington Organic Farm Ltd made you happy

"I don't normally write reviews but the produce we received from Swillington Farm was exceptional. We have tried numerous suppliers across the country whereby animal welfare is put first, but the meat we had at the weekend was some of the very best we have eaten. We tried the shin of beef, shoulder of pork, and bacon. Everything was well packed, with good use by dates."
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"Excellent products. The taste and the texture says everything."
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"With all the horrible stories of how the meat in shops and supermarkets can be contaminated and also because I feel very strongly that pesticides etc should be kept to the minimum so that they do not contaminate our food, I am very happy to get my organic meat from Swillington. I have been to the farm and am reassured that the animals are well kept and cared for. I can thoroughly recommend Swillington"
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? no
"OK, but won't re order Whilst I found the meat to be of good quality, I don't think I would re-order - I did email at the time to express my concerns - with the hope the company might take something on board, but the response I received suggested they wouldn't..... The pork joint I received was substantially smaller than I ordered 2.6 kg rather than 3kg - this is quite significant and when coking for a party to not receive 15% of your order is a problem - I do accept that this may occur from time to time with on line orders but it needs to be avoided where possible. The sausages had been previously frozen - I wasn't expecting this - when ordering a large box of meat I am ordering some to freeze so it should have been made clearer - there is an offer on to buy previously frozen items so if i'd have wanted them I would have ordered them at a cheaper price I also booked an am delivery (at twice the price of standard delivery) - and was told previously this would be delivered between 6am and 12 - so I was up at 5:30 also expecting a 1 hour time slot - the time slot came around 10:30 - stating my order would be delivered in the afternoon - it was delivered just before 12 so did just make the am delivery but it was pretty frustrating receiving incorrect info late on in the morning I also thought the packing wasn't great - all the ice packs were on the bottom of the box so the meat on the top was no where near anything cold and subsequently had started to warm up so was a bit worrying as it was a big order and it was very hot weather - it didn't make sense to not put the ice packs around the whole of the meat? The order confirmation - after packing was not very clear - you can't see price per kilo, which I found frustrating. Overall the little things add up to make me not use the company again"
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"Great farm, you can visit and see the animals, a small friendly team and the meat is wonderful."
"Very high quality meat and always a great service."
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"Wonderful food, flexible ordering and best of all animal welfare a top priority."
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"We are very happy with our monthly meat box from Swillington - an interesting range, always something different to try, great quality (and taste!) and to know that the meat is sustainably and ethically produced really makes a difference. I no longer buy meat anywhere else!"
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"I've bought from the farm for years - the meat box service is great - and the quality of the meat is excellent."
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"We've been using Swillington's monthly meat box service for years and will continue to do so! The meat is always exceptional quality and we love the variety we get. It's a great peace of mind to know our meat is locally and ethically sourced."
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"Received my meat box on time and well packed. Chicken as always so tasty and enjoyable. The other meat I will be having later but I know it is going to be delicious they have never let us down."
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"Excellent service. Excellent meat. Will be ordering regularly."
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"Always good quality meat, conveniently packaged (and packaging is apparently getting more recyclable!) and delivered on the specified date. Much more like the meat I ate in my youth than mediocre supermarket produce."
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? no
"My family thoroughly enjoyed the meat. The man in the office and the website were both customer/user friendly. I cannot say the same for the arrogant, hostile and dismissive butcher who was serving at the counter. However, Ed diligently followed up my dissatisfaction with exemplary customer service showing a high level of commitment to his customers and the brand."
Hi Sharon, Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed our produce and found it easy to order with us. I'm sorry you had a bad experience collecting your order, we will be in touch so we can better understand the issue and speak to the staff member concerned.
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"I have a weekly crop and egg share. The quality of the food is always very good. The veg is so fresh, often not items you could buy in the supermarket and the occasional trip into the walled garden to pick herbs and fruit is blissfully relaxing."
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"In our experience the quality of the products and helpfulness of the staff are all of a high standard and they offer a really good delivery service too😊"
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"Love the delicious meat, quality service and friendly staff."
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"Excellent customer service, great quality and tasting meat, and after seeing the farm and how they treat their animals - I wouldn't go anywhere else!"
"Excellent customer service, great quality and tasting meat, and having seen the farm and how well the animals are looked after - I wouldn't go anywhere else!"
Would you recommend Swillington Organic Farm to a friend? yes
"We have been receiving a monthly meat box since early 2017 and we are always very pleased with the quality of the meat, which is always great, and the service from Swillington. Animal welfare is really important to us which is why we chose Swillington."
Swillington Organic Farm Ltd is rated 4.85 based on 27 reviews