Sports and Spinal Physio LTD Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Sports and Spinal Physio LTD
00AM
12AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Sports and Spinal Physio LTD?

1277219553

dan@sportsandspinalphysio.co.uk

24 Tallon Road
Hutton

Tell us how Sports and Spinal Physio LTD made you happy

"Anna is the Best, so good at what she does caring, kind and patient. Gave me daily Exercises to do which cleared up my shoulder problem in no time, keeping up with them still, can Highly Recommend their servicess."
Are you Sports and Spinal Physio LTD? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I would recommend Sports Spinal Physio for anyone with back issues. I had a scan which showed a disc protrusion resulting in painful sciatica. With the assistance of Lucy and Dan a programme of rehab was clearly set out involving IDD therapy and exercises. The service and advice I received was first class and my back and sciatica issues are massively better now."
"I visited Dan after suffering hip/glute pain when training for the London Marathon in 2018 and eventually having to defer. Dan quickly diagnosed the issue as Glute Med Tendinopathy. Rather than just treating the issue, I have been working hard with both Dan and Lucy for well over a year now to both identify and work on the underlying causes to ensure the injury (and potential other running injuries) didn’t reoccur. I’ve found them both to be not only very professional, but also extremely friendly and personable in their approach. It’s not been an easy journey, with Dan uncovering further hip issues along the way - which may well have remained hidden potentially causing more problems down the line! But I’m very pleased to say I completed the 2019 London Marathon on Sunday feeling very strong and comfortable having suffered nothing more than a few small niggles throughout my training this year. I really couldn’t have done it without Dan’s expertise and guidance and I would highly recommend Sports and Spinal Physio!"
"Dan is a thoughtful, understanding, engaging and truly caring physiotherapist who approaches problems with sensitivity and an overall care. Instead of treating symptoms, he works hard to identify the root of the problem and he is very good at it. Dan helped me correct the instability in my pelvis and SI-joint following a sesamoiditis injury, through a step by step exercise program, to which he made adjustments week by week. Throughout my treatment, Dan was always very supportive and approachable. I recovered quickly and have been very well since. After my treatment, I participated in TPM active screening which is kind of a whole body screening via various exercises to identify weaknesses that may in time become the cause of an injury. I think TPM is a very beneficial tool as it brings one's awareness to some of her/his dysfunctional patterns of movement so a change towards functional can begin. I am very grateful to Dan and I cannot recommend him highly enough."
"After injuring my back in May 2018 playing football and being unable to walk for a a couple of days after doing so, Dan and Sports and Spinal Physio team have played an integral part in getting my problems sorted and getting me back playing football and golf to a point where I no longer feel pain whilst doing so. Without their first class, professional care and expertise I would not have recovered so quickly and be pain free. The exercises I have been prescribed to do have also worked really well and they are also enjoyable to do, making doing them a lot easier. I cannot praise Dan and his team highly enough."
"Anna my physio was an absolute star! She was professional, friendly and very patient- I am not great at taking advice and doing what I am told! She has helped me greatly with shoulder problems and sciatica. Thank you so much!"
"I have been having severe headaches daily for 1.5 years which were getting worse as time went on. I was miserable and could not work out what was wrong even after lots of medical checks. After one session with Anna, she found the problem and gave me exercises to do. She mentioned it would take some time to fully recover but after only a few sessions I felt great which I did not expect. Anna has helped me gain my health back and I could not thank her enough. She is excellent at her job and had spent time studying me."
"Anna was excellent, she gave me some exercises for my knee and 5 weeks later its the best its been in 15 years."
"Following a partial knee replacement and an arthroscopy, I saw Dan as my knee was still causing pain and swelling up, so it was very uncomfortable. Dan gave me an exercise programme which really helped with my symptoms - he reviewed and amended this as necessary each time I had an appointment, checking that I was doing the exercises correctly. His advice was invaluable and I feel it has already strengthened the muscles around my knee. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. Many thanks Dan - no doubt I will be back in future for something!"
"I was referred to Dan Smith by my surgeon back in March this year(2018) I had been seeing another therapist prior to visiting Dan but had been given the wrong treatment, this had put me back about five months on my rehabilitation after my operation on my left hip last September2017 (Labral tear plus cam and micro fracture) Dan reassured me that given enough time he would be able to help get me back on a programme to suit me and have me walking almost pain free. (which was my main goal) Since March I have done everything Dan has asked of me and I'm now nearly at the end of my rehabilitation, Dan has never given me something that I cannot cope with, if I've struggled or its been to painful he has adjusted the program to my needs so I can keep improving, I can now nearly do pretty much everything I need to, my walking is almost pain free and I feel that without Dan's help I would not be were I am now, I can't thank Dan enough he has given me my life back, anyone that needs to have Physio please contact Dan Smith because if you listen and work hard and have patience he will improve your health."
Thanks Annette it has been a pleasure working with you ;-) D
"I've been seeing Scott with various joint and muscular issues since 2014, and have seen a noticeable and sustainable improvement in my mobility and daily comfort. However, these treatments are targeting symptoms, not root causes. Scott recommended The Performance Matrix (TPM), which screens your body in movements typically utilised in your chosen sport. This 1 hour process has identified a lack of strength in some core muscle, being managed by over compensation in other muscle groups and which is limiting my natural body flexibility. These current limitations can be rectified over time with the targeted programme of exercises set by Scott. Scott identified which exercises would produce the best results, then both demonstrated them and sent me a video pack that I could refer to. Based on my progress over the last 4 years by fully engaging with development exercises previously set by Scott I am confident that I will receive significant benefit from the TPM programme."
"Excellent and very professional service. After 12 weeks I now have no back pain and am looking forward to carrying on with the exercises hopefully to prevent the pain from recurring."
"I have had lower back problems since 2002 when I was informed by my GP that I had slipped a disc. Since I have had a great deal of physio, 2 years with a chiropractor, and after two very dehabilitating relapses two RF cooled denervation operations. By good fortune one of my consultants recommended Dan Smith to me as I was still left with 20% of my pain. Dan was extremely thourough and whats more he really listened to what I had to say. My treatment went through many twists and turns. I learnt about the function of pain which was useful and I enjoyed a positive feeling that we would be eventally be successful. By his recommendation, endorsed by my GP, I am now on nerve pain medication. Through my long journey no doctor had ever mentioned this option so I am extremely grateful to Dan for his knowledge and his professionalism to take the time and trouble to understand my pain source and eventualy get to the root cause of my problem. Quality of life for me is much improved and I believe Dan has put me on the path of a relatively pain free future which I never thought would be on offer. I would recommend Dan without any doubt and he thoroughly deserves a 5 star rating."
"I initially contacted Dan with a view to IDD therapy, but after an initial consultation and MRI results, Dan concluded the best course of action to deal with more than one degenerating disc in my lower back was an excersize regime designed to strengthen my back, improve rotation control and posture. So first impressions were very good as I didn't feel I was being bounced into a more expensive course of treatment that wasn't necessarily the right thing for me. Started an excersize programme with Lucy, with reviews every 2 weeks, then monthly when the excersizes were tweaked each time to increase the challenge to work on my weaknesses. Also had a couple of TPM assessments to monitor my progress along the way. Found Lucy to be very knowledgable, encouraging and thorough (read: lets you get away with nothing!). I've now incorporated some of the excersizes into my warm up and cool down routine before and after sports activities. Overall highly impressed and I now have far greater awareness of what I need to do to keep my back in decent working order. Like the addition of the new excersize room complete with mirrors, wall mounted equipment and tv, just add some mood lighting and it could also be known as Dans S&M dungeon! Certainly recommend these guys to anyone who's prepared to commit to the excersize programme set to achieve the desired results."
"I strained my lower back and was in serious pain with restricted movement. A friend recommended Sports and Spinal Physio Ltd. Within 6 weeks, conscientiously doing the prescribed exercises, I was fully recovered. I maintain the regime at least once a week and have no further problems. I was very satisfied with the professional and friendly attitude, Sue Wilson"
"Friendly and professional team. Fixed a problem that neither surgery or NHS Physio could. Daily excruciating headaches down by 60%. Dan and his team gave me my life back. I strongly recommend their amazing service."
"I was referred to SSP by my consultant specifically for IDD Therapy. After a 10 week course together with physio by Sharon I am pleased to say I'm pain free (for the first time in 1 year). Can't thank her enough for the treatment/exercise plan she gave me and all the support explaining everything clearly. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them."
"I was referred to SSP Ltd for a Bursitis. Scott Cook explained the problem and how it could be resolved. Scott is a lovely guy who devised a very manageable exercise programme for me. The results have been excellent and I am now back running and exercising. Scott & Dan's approach to physiotherapy is completely professional and enlightening. I can thoroughly recommend SSP to anyone of any age, thank you very much."
"At 63 I thought I was starting to reap the ‘benefits’ of dancing for 58 years as I gradually did less. When the pain I was in suddenly escalated I was forced to seek help but needed someone who would understand the demands of an ageing dancer. I have seen physios over the years with the more recent one commenting, “What can you expect?” Dan was recommended to me as having the right attitude. After 2 treatments I was totally pain free and a few sessions later I am able to play with my grandchildren again, swim as I did a few years ago and people have noticed I am moving differently. And I can dance at work again! Thank you Dan."
"I have tried a number of different treatments for my back over the years without any success , I liked Dans opproach which made sense to me and after seeing Dan for a year my back is greatly improved !"
Sports and Spinal Physio LTD is rated 4.96 based on 67 reviews