Sports and Spinal Physio LTD Reviews

1277219553

dan@sportsandspinalphysio.co.uk

24 Tallon Road
Hutton

How would you rate Sports and Spinal Physio LTD?

Keith F Nicholls
Verified Reviewer
"I have had lower back problems since 2002 when I was informed by my GP that I had slipped a disc. Since I have had a great deal of physio, 2 years with a chiropractor, and after two very dehabilitating relapses two RF cooled denervation operations. By good fortune one of my consultants recommended Dan Smith to me as I was still left with 20% of my pain. Dan was extremely thourough and whats more he really listened to what I had to say. My treatment went through many twists and turns. I learnt about the function of pain which was useful and I enjoyed a positive feeling that we would be eventally be successful. By his recommendation, endorsed by my GP, I am now on nerve pain medication. Through my long journey no doctor had ever mentioned this option so I am extremely grateful to Dan for his knowledge and his professionalism to take the time and trouble to understand my pain source and eventualy get to the root cause of my problem. Quality of life for me is much improved and I believe Dan has put me on the path of a relatively pain free future which I never thought would be on offer. I would recommend Dan without any doubt and he thoroughly deserves a 5 star rating."
Graham Jackson
Unverified Reviewer
"I initially contacted Dan with a view to IDD therapy, but after an initial consultation and MRI results, Dan concluded the best course of action to deal with more than one degenerating disc in my lower back was an excersize regime designed to strengthen my back, improve rotation control and posture. So first impressions were very good as I didn't feel I was being bounced into a more expensive course of treatment that wasn't necessarily the right thing for me. Started an excersize programme with Lucy, with reviews every 2 weeks, then monthly when the excersizes were tweaked each time to increase the challenge to work on my weaknesses. Also had a couple of TPM assessments to monitor my progress along the way. Found Lucy to be very knowledgable, encouraging and thorough (read: lets you get away with nothing!). I've now incorporated some of the excersizes into my warm up and cool down routine before and after sports activities. Overall highly impressed and I now have far greater awareness of what I need to do to keep my back in decent working order. Like the addition of the new excersize room complete with mirrors, wall mounted equipment and tv, just add some mood lighting and it could also be known as Dans S&M dungeon! Certainly recommend these guys to anyone who's prepared to commit to the excersize programme set to achieve the desired results."
"I strained my lower back and was in serious pain with restricted movement. A friend recommended Sports and Spinal Physio Ltd. Within 6 weeks, conscientiously doing the prescribed exercises, I was fully recovered. I maintain the regime at least once a week and have no further problems. I was very satisfied with the professional and friendly attitude, Sue Wilson"
Suze Monk RGN
Verified Reviewer
"Friendly and professional team. Fixed a problem that neither surgery or NHS Physio could. Daily excruciating headaches down by 60%. Dan and his team gave me my life back. I strongly recommend their amazing service."
"I was referred to SSP by my consultant specifically for IDD Therapy. After a 10 week course together with physio by Sharon I am pleased to say I'm pain free (for the first time in 1 year). Can't thank her enough for the treatment/exercise plan she gave me and all the support explaining everything clearly. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them."
Jose Waterstone
Verified Reviewer
"I was referred to SSP Ltd for a Bursitis. Scott Cook explained the problem and how it could be resolved. Scott is a lovely guy who devised a very manageable exercise programme for me. The results have been excellent and I am now back running and exercising. Scott & Dan's approach to physiotherapy is completely professional and enlightening. I can thoroughly recommend SSP to anyone of any age, thank you very much."
"At 63 I thought I was starting to reap the ‘benefits’ of dancing for 58 years as I gradually did less. When the pain I was in suddenly escalated I was forced to seek help but needed someone who would understand the demands of an ageing dancer. I have seen physios over the years with the more recent one commenting, “What can you expect?” Dan was recommended to me as having the right attitude. After 2 treatments I was totally pain free and a few sessions later I am able to play with my grandchildren again, swim as I did a few years ago and people have noticed I am moving differently. And I can dance at work again! Thank you Dan."
Shaun Pridmore
Unverified Reviewer
"I have tried a number of different treatments for my back over the years without any success , I liked Dans opproach which made sense to me and after seeing Dan for a year my back is greatly improved !"
"I received an excellent & professional service from SSP. I was treated by Scott Cook who was an extremely approachable guy, very helpful & friendly. He had a clear understanding of my problem & with some manipulation & a treatment plan he helped me to reduce my pain substantially & return to everyday activities & exercising. I cannot recommend Scott enough & I thank him for all he has done for me. I continue with my exercises & am making progress everyday."
"My son had ruptured achilles, thanks to Dan providing top care and plan of action he is now back on the pitch. Many Thanks."
"Thank you for getting my son back on the pitch."
"I went to Sports and Spinal Physio with severe lower back pain and sciatica. I was diagnosed with a disc herniation. I was treated by Lucy over a period of 4 months. My treatment consisted of physiotherapy sessions, an exercise programme and advice on how to carry out day to day tasks in a more 'back friendly' way. I found Lucy and Dan very professional, knowledgeable and friendly and if I needed advice between appointments I was able to contact them by telephone or E-mail. I highly recommend Sports and Spinal Physio - an excellent service."
"Dan is really focused on getting you back to your best for the long term with a strong emphasis on the right stretches and exercises rather than lots of treatments that help short-term. It made a huge difference to my back and leg problems, which are now under control."
Steve Taylor
Verified Reviewer
"I was recommended to Dan by a friend. Best recommendation I have ever had! I have been to many physiotherapists over the years but this was the first time one had listened and demonstrated a clear understanding before testing the theory and proceeding with a course of treatment. In short arthritis of the hip was the issue. Over a couple of months I went from having a hip that constantly ached and gave way periodically unexpectedly to full movement of the hip with no pain or problems whatsoever! The giving way stopped after the first session and I now have no issues with it whatsoever and still do some of the exercises Dan taught me. Dan is a very personable easy to chat to character along with being a long way in front of any other physiotherapist I have ever used! I could not recommend his services more highly and have been back more recently with a self inflicted neck problem, solved!"
"I was referred to Dan Smith for some head pain I was suffering during coughing, sneezing etc. The Specialist felt the problem was with my C2 vertebrae and Dan treated me on that basis. It is fair to say that I had for years suffered from mobility issues with my neck and so this treatment was likely to assist on a number of levels. Dan is extremely approachable and helpful and his treatment has had a remarkable effect on my neck mobility, even if the improvement on the head pain is patchy, but I now believe that perhaps there is more to it than the C2 vertebrae issue and am going back to the Specialist. I will however continue with visiting Dan with a view to keeping my neck strong and mobile."
Carole Lovell
Verified Reviewer
"Dan Smith treated me for a back problem, he took time to find out what my back issue was and how to best treat it. He gave me a series of exercises to correct my posture and strengthen the area of my back that was causing the issue. As a result, I am far more aware now of how I do things and what triggers my pain. I would definitely recommend Dan as he took time to look at how he could best help me for the long term and not just a quick fix for the pain. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a solution to their pain rather than just visiting a physio who will just provide pain relief in the short term."
Warren Smyth
Verified Reviewer
"I had a real issue with a really painful shoulder and neck pain and I met with Lucy on the same day, firstly she investigated the issue to see how the issue arose and then proceeded to get me to a point that the physio work made me around 50% better after the first 30 mins visit. Lucy gave me exercises to complete ahead of the next visit. Throughout the entire treatment I had a really helpful and friendly/understanding treatment plan that got my issue under control very quickly indeed."
"After surgery on a slipped disc, I needed physio to aide my recovery. Cannot recommend Sharon enough and Thank her for helping me to regain my confidence and be able to return to every day activities."
Louise Clifford
Verified Reviewer
"Highly recommended. Dan has treated me over a number of months for a foot/ankle injury. The problem was identified almost immediately and confirmed with a scan. I've been treated with manipulation as well as practical exercises and have a plan for continued recovery. Every stage was explained very clearly and where there were different options for treatment the pros and cons of each were discussed. A very friendly and respectful service."
"Having suffered with lower back pain for very many years, I was referred to the clinic for possible IDD therapy by my chiropractor, an MRI scan having highlighted herniated discs. Dan confirmed that the IDD therapy would help my back and made it clear that follow up physiotherapy would be essential. The IDD therapy consisted of 20 sessions over a period of six weeks and during this time clear guidance was given as to what I could and should not do. The IDD therapy was completed at the end of October last year and I have just finished my last physiotherapy treatment. The back is much improved, better than it has been for as long as I can remember and this is all down to the IDD therapy and Dan's expert help and guidance. Thanks."
Sports and Spinal Physio LTD is rated 4.96 based on 55 reviews