Speed Screed Limited. Reviews

of reviewers recommend Speed Screed Limited.
Read Speed Screed Limited. Reviews

About Speed Screed Limited.:

We are a Multi Award Winning Floor Screeding Company. We offer our services across the UK and we offer our Clients with a 10 Year Guarantee.
We are CHAS, SMAS and Constructionline Accredited. All our work meets or exceeds The British Standards.
ISO 9001:2015 (Quality) & ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental)

+448002425589

andy@speed-screed.com

5 Ebor Court
Trinity Park
Retford

Tell us how Speed Screed Limited. made you happy
Lawrence Cozens
They have done a good job, left the place clean and tidy. They will be getting another job from us in the next few weeks. Very helpful team.
The screed looks good so far. Helpful lads on site. They left my site clean and tidy and I would recommend Speed Screed to friends and family.
There was a few issues with the machinery but apart from that everything ran smoothly. They left the site clean and tidy.
Job was perfect. Great set of lads. I have no complaints with how the lads left the site. Speed Screed will definitely be getting my next job.
Very poor customer service. I arrange an site visit which they cancelled on the day (huge inconvenience as I had taken time of work to attend). The second site visit was also delayed by a day (again cancelled on the day) - when they arrived to take measurements and 'recommend' what material to use for our kitchen / living room floor levelling job, the man said he had no experience with screeds as he normally only ever dropped pumps off. When they arrived for the actual job, they delivered the wrong material including four tonnes of grit sand which is still sitting on our drive today (despite repeated calls for them to come and remove it - this is weeks ago now!). The job was completed the week after but not after paying a significant amount more for a different type of material and undue stress. It's a shame as the actual work when finally complete was a good standard - just terrible customer service.
Thank-you for sharing your experience with us. As part of our ISO:9001 Quality Management accreditation. We have systems in place to deliver excellent service. However, on this occasion we fell short. We do sincerely apologise for any miscommunication. On a positive note it was good to hear that you were very happy with the screed.
Speed Screed are professional ,Andy and Jack took the time to assist me with a clarity regarding a screed issue we encountered on a project. Having watched a video on you tube I decided to give the guys a call. They were happy to freely share their knowledge and advice to allow me to solve a screed issue we encountered. A credit to the industry, our next screeding job is going to speed screed.
A great service from start to finish was provided by Speed Screed. The team that was sent to install were very professional, the install couldn't of gone any better.
Businessmagnet have now been dealing with Speed Screed for a number of years, they are a great company to work with and their friendly staff are always happy to help and point you in the right direction. I would highly recommend them, and look forward to many more years doing business together.
Good job done, very pleased with the finish.
Good communication, arrived when they said, helpful Screeder’s on site. No problems 👍
Easily one of the better contractors I have had on site. Worked extremely hard at our site which had complex access issues. The screed finish was excellent. I would happily recommend them.
my experience of a screed it following a 1st time UFH system install with screed. Good points: Good quality of materials, equipment, efficient installation service and responsive customer service. Bad points: Not the most competitive company so worth getting some comparison quotes. Make sure you receive all of the parts post installation. I failed to receive actuators which I was told would be sent out but were not. Later down the line when I requested them I was told they were provided on site during installation. Moral of the story - make sure you receive what you sign for otherwise don't sign the paperwork.
Great working with a reliable and professional company.
Work is always to a high standard - Would recommend
Andy and the entire Speed Screed team were professional, reliable and organised. We have used Speed Screed with a number of our jobs, and they are fantastic to work with.
Always a pleasure to work with this proactive firm.
Although due to logistic circumstances we did not ask SpeedScreed to carry out the work, we were very impressed with Dyan’s efforts and explanations. We would have loved to engage them if time had allowed it.
"Thanks for the effort at Copmanthorpe, much appreciated. Thanks also for all your work in the past year."
Once again, a professional service from Speed Screed on one of our commercial properties.
AVOID SPEED SCREED LIMITED - CANCEL WORK AND HOLD YOUR MONEY We have just had a complete nightmare dealing with this company. We first made contact in October and asked them to quote for a specific screed type floor. After 6 weeks of detailed communication they finally booked us in on Tuesday 11th December and delivered their materials to site on the morning of 10th December. They then cancelled the work on the evening of the 10th. We have incurred other third party costs and our project has been delayed by a number of weeks due to their negligence and delays in finding that the materials were not suitable to be laid on our site. Further to this they insisted on us paying their invoice in full and up front. We negotiated to pay 50% before and the rest on completion. Speed Screed still currently have our money. Their materials are still currently on site impeding a fire escape route for our neighbours nightclub. We have been promised our money back and the materials to be removed today. I shall update if this happens. Here are some detailed points on our experience: *A speed screed employee visited site in October to measure our property. They used mapping technology on their phone and we discussed our requirements at length. We discussed the fact that the floor was made up of tiles and discussed the two different surface areas of concrete and wood beneath these tiles. We were impressed with the persons knowledge and how in depth he appeared to be with his checks and measurements. Immediately this put Speed Screed ahead of the other companies that quoted. *We agreed that Speed Screed would likely be able to use our preferred flooring choice of Mapei Ultratop but that they would also quote for their preferred material as well. We received our first quote on 7th November for TX50. We then received a quote for Mapei Screed on 15th November and finally a quote for the surface we actually requested - Mapei Ultratop on the 20th November. After several telephone conversations between Joe (estimator) and one of our Directors, we agreed to use Mapei Screed at the price quoted. *We were told that the tiles needed to clean of dirt, dust and grease etc so instructed professional cleaners to attend site last week in order to make sure the property was in an acceptable state. The cleaners were on site all day Thursday 6th at a cost of ÂŁ286.67 All work on site was totally halted on the 4th December to avoid any further mess. Work was arranged to carry on from Friday 14th after the floor would have been clear to walk on. *One of our Directors was informed that we needed to add expansion joints within the property. Following advice from Joe and a recommended company in Rotherham we had some wooden joints fitted at 10 points within the building in preparation. *Nicola contacted me last week with an invoice for the payment of their works and initially insisted that we pay the full costs up front. I wasn't too comfortable about paying for work before completion from a company we have never used but was assured they were trustworthy and being a limited company that had been trading for 12 years we had nothing to worry about.. We managed to agree a 50% deposit which was paid on the 7th December with the intention of paying the balance on completion. *Our Directors were informed last week that someone would contact us to arrange access to carry out the work. There were plenty of opportunities to arrange this communication in the weeks leading upto this. *Matthew (logistics) emailed on the 7th with a checklist and informed us to expect a delivery on the 10th - We should really have been contacted by phone as I didn't see this email until the 10th. Materials arrived to site on the 10th that we had been unaware of. I had to drive 30 miles to site to receive these - 5 x ton bags of sand which remain outside the venue impeding a direct fire escape route for our neighbours nightclub. Something that would not have been a problem had the floor been laid as the nightclub is not open again until Friday 14th. *Dyan (Operations Manager) called on the evening of the 10th to discuss the site and check all was prepared. He asked about the current surface which I discussed with him. I then passed him on to speak to our other Director regarding this. Dyan cancelled the works as it became apparent it wasn't appropriate to use Mapei Screed on our floor. Something we feel could quite easily have been identified by them many weeks ago. *Dyan and Joe organised for a Mapei Agent to visit site on the 11th to discuss alternatives. I was very surprised and extremely annoyed that given the scenario they didn't deem it necessary to have a Speed Screed employee on site at the same time to make sure a solution could be quickly found. The Mapei agent was very helpful and couldn't do enough for us. I really dont understand why at no point it was deemed necessary for anyone to visit site previous to today? Why after the tiles were discussed numerous times was it not picked up that this wasn't the appropriate flooring for us? The mapei agent even told us that a number of alternatives wouldn't be appropriate as some of the floor underneath the tiles is made of wood. Why was this not checked? We have paid for professional cleaners that it turns out weren't necessary at all as the tiles likely need some grinding so never needed cleaning to the level we paid them to be cleaned! SO following all of the above we wrote a complaint email to which we have not received a detailed response other than a insincere "sorry for the inconvenience caused" email today. I have made numerous calls to the company, lots of which were either dodged or "messages taken" that were not responded to. Nobody at the company actually seemed to care and the complaint was never handled properly or escalated to management. All in all a really shocking experience which has caused us financial issues and delayed our project massively. Appalling treatment which should not be expected from an established limited company like this. I wanted to leave a similar review on Facebook but its not surprising that they have disabled reviews on their page.
When I see a genuine review of this nature my heart sinks. I totally agree with Matthew's sentiment. Speed Screed failed to account for the wooden substrate in one area of the project when pricing, and ordering materials. This led to a recommendation for a screeding system that was unsuitable for this application. Speed Screed are the only screeding company in the UK that is ISO9001 Quality Management System accredited. All our systems are managed and measured by this accreditation. On this occasion information was missing from our initial decision making, and whilst this was an isolated occurrence, we must ensure that the system picks it up at an earlier stage in the future. As part of our quality system Dyan makes his final checks to ensure that everything is suitable and ready to go. The issue of the substrate was identified, and Dyan informed Matthew immediately. Whilst Speed Screed never want to put a project on hold, it was the right thing to do in this case. To be totally thorough the screed manufacture was called to site the very next day and agreed with Dyan’s assessment of the situation. Speed Screed have the interests of the client first and foremost in what we do, and we would never take a risk with a project. The screed manufactures report was received on Wednesday and a full refund issued the next day. In relation to the removal of sand from the site, the remaining bag was removed on the following Monday by the materials supplier, which was later than Matthew and Speed Screed would have liked. This delay caused Matthew issues as the material blocked his neighbour’s property. After personally speaking to Matthew today, I was pleased to hear that he had found a suitable alternative matting solution for the floor. I would like to wish Matthew all the best with his new venture, and wholeheartedly like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. Andy Parkin Managing Director
Speed Screed Limited. is rated 4.75 based on 182 reviews