Southstar Plumbers Ltd Reviews

02088773363

southstars@outlook.com

43 Armoury WayLondonSW18 1HQ

Tell us how Southstar Plumbers Ltd made you happy
Please don't use this company. Called them because my neighbour informed me some water was coming through downstairs, the plumber arrived within the hour (the only good thing) he was then on site for an hour after which, some glue was put around the dial/control for the waste/drainage control (that has not been in use for months and also was not the cause of the fault. This was done by a careless mistake in an un-finished bathroom by myself and my soaking wet shower flower), he proceeded to give me some long and confusing story about the payment system being broken, however this was not my issue. When I initially called them I was told it would cost £90 + vat for the callout, after the engineer had arrived i then received an email stating that i also needed to pay £195+vat for the engineer to stay for 1 hr to diagnose and resolve the issue. My bill was £342 incl vat and all I received was glue around a dial. After which on MOTHERS DAY!! I received a call saying their pay pal system was down and I needed to make a bank transfer, to which I replied I would make the transfer once the funds were returned to my account. I then received a rather rudely worded email as well as a further phone call on the Monday stating If I did not make payment by the friday of that week 5% would be added to my bill. THE ABSOLUTE CHEEK! not only had I already paid on time they were then attempting to threaten me with a higher bill even though I had made payment on the night with the engineer taking photographic proof. I used them because this leak happened late at night and I had no other choice, as all other plumbers at reasonable rates were going to be a few hours and I didnt want to wait. Using this company and receiving the bill I did has very much taught me the value of patience. Will not be using again. Also the PayPal payment went through fine and was never returned to my account. So if I had paid again as they had wanted I would have paid twice and it probably would have take a very long time to get a refund from these people.
Warning...do not use this company under any circumstances! I find it hard to believe any of these 5 star reviews are credible after the experience I endured. Showed up to the job over 1.5 hours late...conveniently didn't communicate rates were £69 per 30 mins ex VAT during normal hours (making them more expensive than Pimlico Plumbers), radiator not bleed of air showing incompetence, engineer frequently visiting van to look for basic plumbing parts adding to time. Owner did promise to provide audio recording of initial call detailing rates but this of course never did materialise. Avoid at all costs!
Similar to other reviewers, very shoddy and overpriced work. The cost was £450 for a simple job that ended up taking two hours. The young, and questionably qualified plumber, got the washers mixed up putting them back on (resulting in a leak) and didn't reconnect the overflow pipe properly. I called out another plumber to fix it. Avoid these guys.
Absolutely shocking service. The guy dared taking a flirty tone with me and showing off making sure I was impressed with his secret plumbers trick of blocking the water one end with a plastic bag. He was so distracted and incompetent that he forgot the plastic bag in and blocked the drain requiring another plumber to come and unblock it a few days later only to realise it was southstar’s wrongdoing all along. 8 weeks later still no refund on this shockingly damaging intervention and they are being unresponsive and extremely difficult at sorting it out
I called out Southstar Plumbers to fix a system leak. They sent out a young junior plumber who was pretty incompetent and clearly not fully trained. His fix, after two hours and calls to his office, hasn't worked. How much for the pleasure? £82.80 for the call out charge and £447 for the 2 hours! I feel absolutely ripped off by this firm, and would recommend you avoid like the plague!
These people are crooks. They took advantage of my son hi has mental health issues. He called them out on a Saturday because a radiator had a minor leak. Instead of saying that it could wait until Monday, they took two hours to change a valve and charged him £700 pounds. Their charge out rate is £255 per hour. When we spoke to they said we can charge what they like and are doing nothing illegal. Shameless and unapologetic. They even referenced Covid 19 as a reason why they charge so much. Totally immoral people who won’t be bothered by this in the slightest but just be warned.
Had to pay them over £100 for doing NOTHING ! got an empty report .. no recommendations .. no labour !! they came spent 10-15 minutes looking around the boiler then they said they need more money to actually tell me what is the problem .. which is another £178 / hour .. how RIDICULOUS ! BEWARE you might end up with a huge bill !!
I wish you could give zero stars in order to write a review. Showed up late. During multiple phone calls with Adam, he told us it would be £69 for the plumber to come. Upon the late arrival of the plumber, they then told us it was £69 + VAT, and only if they fix the issue within 10-15 minutes of being there. After this, it was £189. We were extremely shocked by this given this was NEVER mentioned to us on the multiple phone calls with Adam. He arrived at 16.59, the issue was 'fixed' by 17.11. He then told us it would cost £189 as was over the 10-15 minutes. We were astounded given you cannot bend time. He then went to the form WHERE HE HAD CHANGED THE TIME FROM 4.59 TO 4.50 ARRIVAL. Blatantly amending the time he had arrived!!!!! After much discussion, call with Adam, he begrudgingly agreed to charge the correct amount of £69 +VAT. He also would not tell us what he had done to fix it claiming it was a 'secret'. DO NOT USE THESE PLUMBERS, ESPECIALLY NAS, AT ANY COST. We will be complaining to CIPHE regarding this matter.
He left a bunch of spam on my floor after he finished the job. What a wanker!
ftrtrttrtrtrtr
I would like to reinforce what Cameron had to say about South Star Plumbing since I had a similar experience. AVOID SOUTH STAR. When I initially called I was asked for my card details which I refused. No one attended the scheduled appointment or called. I did chase them up and was told their van had broken down. They did eventually arrive the next morning. After starting the work I was presented with an invoice with their rates, which did not reflect the rates on their website and the figures quoted when I called the office. They took a ridiculous amount of time to complete a simple task, when compared with other plumbers carrying out the same task. They eventually said they needed parts to complete the job. They were gone for an extended period of time. On returning the item had no packaging and was open. They were unable to produce a receipt after several requests. The cost of fixing a leaking tap, which they were unable to do and suggested I needed new taps and securing the pipes under the sink was extortionate. What a great pity that skilled young men feel the need to cheat, steal and scam in order to make a living.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I was quoted £69 + VAT for the company to disconnect a washing machine and a dishwasher, with the company saying it was a simple enough job. The job was apparently far more difficult, because the engineer did not carry the right size waste cap (ours was 43mm, and he only had universal ones - 40mm). So he had to source this (apparently the Screwfix at the bottom of the road didn’t have any) and for some reason this meant the job was a complex job, and the charge skyrocketed to £110 per hour + VAT, with the whole thing taking 3 hours! You can imagine my shock when I received an invoice for over £400, when I was expecting £69 + VAT!! When I tried to discuss this with the company, they hung up on me, then didn’t answer the phone, and left both the engineer and I to sort it out. Eventually I paid £69 + VAT per hour PLUS a £69 + VAT call out charge (!) as the engineer was under orders to not leave, and reverse the work he had done until payment was received! Never again - I strongly urge you TO AVOID THESE SCAMMERS!!
what a bunch of cowboys, 850 pounds to fix a faulty toilet, then guy stayed for two hours refusing to leave until got paid, couldnt pay immediately as had no card reader. bunch of cowboys and avoid like the plague
I contacted the company over a non-working boiler. They said a powerflush was needed, and carried it out over two days and at a cost of more than £3000, flooding our bathroom twice with equipment left there overnight, at 1am and 5 am. The powerflush didn't solve the problem, which Pimlico Plumbers later identified as just a faulty valve. I would advise caution when dealing with Southstar Plumbers
Southstar completely messed up my entire unvented cylinder system and were unable to fix it. They then ignored all further contact from me via phone and email. I have sought legal advice and will be filing a court claim to recover the money I’ve paid them. Avoid them at all costs. The new actuator they installed was wired incorrectly and left in a dangerous state. The wiring was left exposed and outside of the wiring centre, and furthermore it wasn’t wired in correctly at all. This has been highlighted as a huge fire risk by both the Eon engineer and G3 licensed plumber. Their incorrect wiring left me without working hot water for weeks as they were unable to identify their mistakes on the two further visits and then ignored me. The new expansion vessel they fitted is illegal. They have installed a non-potable heating expansion vessel to my water system, which requires a potable water vessel. The vessel they installed is also the the wrong size.
I was quoted £149 to fix a blocked toilet. The plumber arrived over 40 mins late. The company office then called me to try and get me to agree to paying £249 extra (plus VAT) for the plumber to finish the job. I declined as that is very expensive. I then called another plumber who came later that afternoon and fixed the toilet in 5 mins with no extra or hidden charges.
I don’t recommend this company to anybody . They charge me 782.40£ to replace the flushing system from the toilet. So 1 hour job gone in 2 h and a half they rate is that 249£+ vat.... after they finish the job they left a huge mess water linking over the floor....I wanted to add some photos after their work. Unfortunately this site review doesn’t allow me.....
John the engineer was very good and quickly pinpointed the leak -highly recommended
Southstar Plumbers Ltd is rated 4.07 based on 150 reviews