Southstar Plumbers Ltd Reviews

02088773363

southstars@outlook.com

43 Armoury WayLondonSW18 1HQ

Tell us how Southstar Plumbers Ltd made you happy
EXTORTIONATE PRICING. FALSE CLAIMS ON THEIR WEBSITE IN REGARDS TO FAIR PRICING AND NO CALL OUT FEE. DO NOT BE DUPED. I called an Emergency Plumber, they arrived and sent an email asking me to accept the fees of £189+VAT for a call out fee and £348+VAT per hour. In comparison to other company quotes, this price is more than double the going rate. Additionally, their website states that for Emergency Plumbing services they don't take call out charges. These people are crooks and will try to extort money from you by any means possible. Very aggressive, forceful and rude. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELVES AND DO NOT USE.
Terrible. Quoted me 220 pound/ hour for a leak. I refused the quote and paid the call out charge. Wouldn't leave the house until the money has been transferred into the account
Absolutely awful! Called because my sink was uncontrollably leaking this morning and the engineer wouldn’t even turn the mains water off before being paid, apparently “company policy”. Left my house soaking and then had to pay a £298 cancellation fee because they wanted £1980 UPFRONT before doing anything. Useless and left my rented house full of water and mess. DO NOT USE
horrific experience. simple job to unblock a toilet, my daughter had put some wipes down it. cost £351. pricey, but hey! however the next day the toilet started leaking. no seal! called the office everyday for 2 weeks. told someone will call me back. no one did. refused to send another plumber. said the 1 that did it needed to fix it. he said twice he will come the next day and never showed up! had to call another service to prevent damage. shocked by this! disgusting service, caused more damage
Awful experience, charged me £1,400 for two visits, wouldn’t leave until I paid, when I argued about poor service they shouted at me and had the plumber take the part out. Claim to have 24 hour service but after the plumber came to address the cold water not working in my flat, told me I had to speak to management directly about ordering the new part as the plumbers don’t do that. Emailed them on three consecutive days asked them to order the part with no response, then it was bank holiday weekend and it took them 3 more days to get the part. Took no responsibility, sent me the wrong invoice overcharging me on one occasion, send you chaser emails for invoices you’ve already paid, slow service, charge extortionate rates and rude and unapologetic on the phone. Will never use again.
Booked for a plumber to come. Had to chase the company a number of times for an update. Eventually was too late for him to come do changed for the next day. The plumber called when he was supposed to arrive to let me know he was on the way but coming from somewhere over 1hr away. Arrived and wanted me to confirm arrival and to say it was ok to start the job. Only when he’s arrived do I find out it’s £132 per hour (£110 + VAT) plus the call out charge which doesn’t get deducted from the labour charge. Then he has to go and get some basic parts which takes him over 45 mins which I have to pay labour time for. This pushes him into the second hour. I’m total £346 to do a basic job. Wouldn’t leave until the invoice was paid. A local plumber who unfortunately was unavailable charged £130 for that job and sorting a leaking toilet including time to get some parts! Will never use south star plumbing again.
The worst service ever, costed me almost £3000, suffered for around 20 hours, they left the place like a pigsty, didn’t solve the problem 100%, and they even got the nerve to steal a limited edition bag! Avoid at all costs!!!
Terrible experience Made three appointments on three days First two they didn’t show up at all and didn’t call Two small problems Main one shower hand set leaking He said he needed to get a part was gone for an hour and a half returned saying he couldn’t find it. So could not rectify the problem Job not done He fitted the pop up with new ring Ten minute job When the office told me I had to pay £665 I was in shock After he left it wAs to discover worse than before hot water gushing away I called him back he shut water off Now I can’t have a bath Disgusting how they took advantage of an OAP
These are scammer. They have scammed me nearly 1000 pounds today. When you make payments, you will realise the account is for plimbers instead of plumbers. Sadly I realized after I made payment. They were meant to repair a leak but made it worst and left me with no water in addition to that. They have to be reported.
Cowboys for all of the reasons listed by other users who have been scammed. Dont use them find a proper plumber. They turn up with no tools or plumbing accessories and charge £110 ph to go out buy a copper pipe costing £10
Total scammers!! Do not use this company. Called plumber out, was told charge was £69.00 per hour. He was here for over two hours and achieved nothing! Didn’t fix my taps or shower snd then guess what. I got sent a bill for £350.00?!! They decided to add on £110.00 per hour just fir the hell if it? Plumber then refused to leave my property until I paid him?? Police had to be called to get rid of him. DO NOT USE THESE COWBOYS!?
TOOK MONEY DIDNT SHOW UP - HAVENT REFUNDED DESPITE PROMISING TO. This is factual. Called last week to arrange engineer to visit. Prepaid in advance to secure booking for two days later. Engineer didn't show up. Called Southstar, lady answered, said she would get back to me and didn't. Called back in afternoon to ask what had happened, got same lady and fobbed off again. Didn't return call. What's app South Stars to say very dis-apointed, not turned up, taken money. They ignored that, so chased, got promised a refund.... guess what. that didnt happen either. Now ignoring messages. Going to get refund through bank hopefully. Absolute disgrace.
Worst experience ever. Plumber came in to unblock toilet, had to pay £600!!! The next day the toilet blocked up again and they won’t refund me or help me. DO NOT USE THEM
I paid ridiculous price of 69£ called out fee. 189£ per hour and the job is still not done. Its even worst than before. I told the man to stop at exactly an hour and the bills came with 2 hours labour. The bills came up to 536.40£. All he do is just put One shot to the sink and use the wire to clear out. Im very disappointed. The man on the phone saying its 5mins pass they will count it to 1 hour. Im sorry, its 189£ not 1.89£ at the car park. Ridiculous!
Very punctual and efficient. Bhoman our plumber took only 10 minutes to solve the issue and told me what to look for to prevent similar cases from happening in the future. Definitely recommend!
Was quoted £149+vat to unlock the pipe. 1h later he's still not finished, I asked him to leave and the bill is £405 which they demand paying before they leave. No hidden charges is a joke.
Excellent service.Many thanks for your speedy, efficient repair as well as professional manner.
I was quoted £149 to fix a blocked toilet. The plumber arrived over 40 mins late. The company office then called me to try and get me to agree to paying £249 extra (plus VAT) for the plumber to finish the job. I declined as that is very expensive. I then called another plumber who came later that afternoon and fixed the toilet in 5 mins with no extra or hidden charges.
I don’t recommend this company to anybody . They charge me 782.40£ to replace the flushing system from the toilet. So 1 hour job gone in 2 h and a half they rate is that 249£+ vat.... after they finish the job they left a huge mess water linking over the floor....I wanted to add some photos after their work. Unfortunately this site review doesn’t allow me.....
Neat and tidy works completed in a short time. Good Job , Bhoman .
Southstar Plumbers Ltd is rated 3.80 based on 164 reviews