Sofa & Home Reviews

Read Sofa & Home Reviews

help@sofaandhome.co.uk

Wheatfield House, Old Vicarage Park, Scawby, Nr. Brigg, North Lincolnshire

Tell us how Sofa & Home made you happy
I usually refrain from writing reviews as I'm not certain they have any effect and a negative review is usually just an opportunity to vent. I am however going to make an exception for this bunch of clowns! I found myself in the odd position of having ordered two beds. One was a gift from a parent that felt guilty about not buying me a Xmas of birthday present for the past 40 years so I felt obliged to accept the gesture. I immediately called and spoke to what I can only describe as the most obnoxious, rude, patronizing and offensive gentleman I have even had the misfortune of talking to. Your blunt "why don't you cancel the other order", "I went to a lot of trouble getting you a quote" and "we will take payment anyway and refund you in 14 days" were never going to sway my decision. If on the other hand you had been polite and helpful I may have been tempted. To add insult to injury you then took the payment 2 days later and made me wait 14 days to get it back!!
We have zero tolerance on abusive and unconstructive comments, the customer will never be allowed to shop with us again.
Exceptionally rude customer service. I ordered online, and my order went through without a problem, then received a call that I did not give my card details, and they wanted to get my card details over the phone. We wanted to speak to the manager, and this extremely rude person claimed to be the boss and told us to order from elsewhere. We have not even received cancellation email.
You are required at Checkout to complete your Purchase Card Details.
This entails your Registered Card Name, Card Address, Card Type, Card Bank or Issuer and Security Code.
When asked, this prospective customer refused to give us the registered address card details, so the order was cancelled.
I bought this as a gift for my daughter as she is expecting a baby in a few weeks and it is for the nursery. She is thrilled with it :-)
Very happy with sofa and home. We had good communication, prompt delivery and the chair is just what we wanted
Our initial telephone enquiry regarding a coffee table was dealt with efficiently and professionally and provided exactly the information we required to proceed with the order. We are very pleased with our purchase and would have no hesitation in using Sofa &Home again.
Very pleased with the products and service
I ordered two bar stools from this company. There was no indication on their website that these were not in stock. I rang and was told by a very rude gentleman it would be delayed and was given the end of November. This came and went. I rang again and was told he would call me back, but didn't. I had to ring the manufacturer who told me they would arrive 2nd December as there are problems at the docks. Eventually they arrived today.

This company doesn't operate to distant selling regulations and still have said bar stools available on their website.

Trading standards a very below part. Covid excuse after excuse. As a small business owner myself, it amazes me how someone with an attitude of this person, Mr Rude, even has a business in these times.

Arrogant, rude and pompous. Was told after I said if I didn't get them within 2 weeks I would cancel, that good luck as the prices would be alot higher in January with a sniffle condescending attitude. My reply was that was my choice

I never have left a bad review as I know how tough it is.

Firstly don't put items on your website that are not in stock or at least mention it in your website, so the consumer has a choice. Secondly, don't talk down to people, you are no better than anyone else.

My advise is to avoid this persons company, even if it means paying abit more elsewhere.

Horrible person
Having ordered online for a product that was in stock and showing delivery within 24 hours I bought a mattress that was needed quickly. I was telephoned by the not so pleasant Julian to notify me it was not in stock and wouldn’t be until August. Customer service is not great for a company who’s policy is only clearly explained in an email once payment has been taken. Had my disappointment been handled with a clear explanation with an apology, I’d have proceeded with an order of something that was available and in stock. During this difficult time, and businesses being impacted negatively. I’m shocked that a man can drive away clients in the manner, that Julian clearly does after reading reviews. Which is unfortunate for him. I am a person who was impressed with the furniture offered on the website and the prices shown. And someone who would have been a frequent customer due to my own business needs. I tend to show support to smaller businesses like this company rather than bigger companies. But I can say without a doubt that this has been my worst customer experience to date with any company I have ever dealt with. It’s a company that clearly is not concerned with keeping customers happy nor wanting returning business. I will however say my refund was processed quickly, and offer some advice. Don’t be so quick to change from the polite man you were at the start of our conversation to the rude person you were once you assumed I’d automatically want a refund. It’s cost you thousands of pounds in future orders on this occasion.
Under normal circumstances delivery times stated on the product page would be accurate, subject to stock availability. Due to COVID-19 shipping delays are putting some suppliers under tremendous pressure with stocks running out to 2 months. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT A DELIVERY DATE, PLEASE CALL US BEFORE ORDERING.
Got in contact with the customer service team as I didn’t receive any information on when my delivery would come, the man had such bad attitude and started shouting down the phone. Would never order from here again.
Customer was insistent that we had given a delivery date, but we had given the customer a delivery week in which the supplier would contact them.
I placed an order online for six dining chairs. They did not state on the website that the chairs were not in stock or that there was a delay on the item until September.
The following morning I received a call to say they were out of stock and would not be available until September.
They had taken my money out of my account .....£570. This will not now be refunded for 7-10 days. I am appalled as I consider this to be a lot of money particularly in these difficult times.
Our Merchant Card Provider refunds with 5-10 days.
Due to COVID-19 shipping lead times can be several months, so please call us before you order for you to decide whether you wish to proceed with an order.
Similarly to other customers, we had the misfortune of speaking to Julian about a bed we considered purchasing. He was extremely rude & dismissive when we queried a Delivery charge, as the website's banner clearly states Free UK Delivery on All Purchases (with no Asterix to indicate there are exceptions). On the description of the bed (a Julian Bowen sleeper) it also specifically says Free 2 Person Delivery. Julian told us that Julian Bowen charges Sofa & Home the Delivery fee, which has to be then passed onto the customer. When we very politely suggested he amend the website accordingly as we felt this was misleading, he became very rude & suggested we just cancel the order if we weren't prepared to pay. Another instance of this company losing sales because of the attitude of staff. Had we be spoken to in a more polite manner, we would have completed the sale & paid the delivery charge. Very disappointing.
Thank you Vicki, we have a new website and have added a link to our delivery page, to save any confusion. A delivery surcharge for certain Postcodes in Northern Ireland, Wales, Devon, Cornwall, Scotland and Offshore Islands will apply. If this applies, you will be contacted by telephone or email to discuss and approve before your order is processed.
Very poor customer service and communication. Ordered a bed with a delivery time of 7-10 days, 21 days later still no sign of it with no contact to advise that it was delayed. After constant chasing with phonecalls, emails and Facebook messages that were pretty much ignored I gave up and cancelled my order. Received a phonecall requesting I call back - gave up after 45 minutes on hold. Was refunded but without as much as an apology, shocking and quite possibly the worst customer service I have received in my life.
We did apologize to the customer. Our Supplier and their Home Delivery Service were dealing direct with the customer during office hours and messages were sent to and fro.
Many people cannot take calls at work, so it is important that you provide us with as many alternative telephone numbers as possible (home, office, spouse or neighbour) in order that we, or the Home Delivery Couriers can contact you.
I ordered a bunk bed for my kids from Sofa&Home and service was very smooth, my order was processed and delivered very quickly.
Chairs come flat packed but are very easy to put together and are stunning to look at when assembled very comfortable, stylish and modern. Love them.
We were kept informed all the time & knew exactly what was happening. We were told we would receive a day & time notification, which we did. On the day of delivery we had a time slot of an hour which the chair was delivered well within the time. The courier was very polite. The chair was self assemble of which my brother was impressed as there was an extra screw etc, & clear instructions.
Brilliant service
I was so pleased with my chair that I have already sent you an email. Extremely pleased with quality, colour exactly as swatch sent to me. Delivery was straightforward and was packed extremely well, so I knew it must be in good condition and could not have been damaged in transit. I did unpack in front of driver and everything was fine. Thanks once again, will definitely shop with you again sometime.
Very quick to answer phone and call back with information required
Friendly service
From ordering goods and receiving them promptly the help and service were excellent.
I would recommend this company if you require a second to none service.
I would definitely use them in the future.
Helen
Lincolnshire
Excellent price and speedy delivery. What's not to like!!
Sofa & Home is rated 4.38 based on 206 reviews