Sofa & Home Reviews

of reviewers recommend Sofa & Home
Read Sofa & Home Reviews
Like the unit ,the delivery tracking site was confusing but they did ring a week later with a 2 hour time slot
Dreadful. The same problem as mentioned by multiple other customers in that they are advertising items for sale on their website that are not in stock and may not be back in stock for several months, if at all. The problem was exacerbated by Julian, who was just plain rude. He seemed genuinely affronted that I should be annoyed at the company’s failure. Using phrases such as “young man” and “I am 72 years old” do not make for great customer service when you have already utterly failed in fulfilling the order.
There is a UK and World shipping crisis at the moment, due to the COVID and BREXIT combination. Some customers are understanding of the situation and are prepared to wait.
Delays on some items are now several months, please call us first before ordering.
Excellent customer service. I changed address between purchase and delivery. This was managed smoothly without issue. Emails x2 and phone call x 1 were answered promptly.
I highly recommend this company and love my new sofa
Excellent customer service, I changed address between order and delivery. This was managed smoothly without issue. Answered emails and the one call I made straight away.
Highly recommend this company and I love my new sofa
Excellent customer service. Phoned first and very helpful with my query. Responded to my emails pretty much immediately. I moved house between purchase and delivery. This was smooth and straightforward.
Would definitely use again. Delivery arranged at a convent time and I was fully updated with progress.
Love Julian Bowen furniture as it’s fair price and good quality. Love my new sofa.
Excellent customer service, extremely prompt delivery, good quality chair and stool purchased. Very pleased, thank you
Sofa & Home 5 star review on 11th December 2020
I ordered two bar stools from this company. There was no indication on their website that these were not in stock. I rang and was told by a very rude gentleman it would be delayed and was given the end of November. This came and went. I rang again and was told he would call me back, but didn't. I had to ring the manufacturer who told me they would arrive 2nd December as there are problems at the docks. Eventually they arrived today.

This company doesn't operate to distant selling regulations and still have said bar stools available on their website.

Trading standards a very below part. Covid excuse after excuse. As a small business owner myself, it amazes me how someone with an attitude of this person, Mr Rude, even has a business in these times.

Arrogant, rude and pompous. Was told after I said if I didn't get them within 2 weeks I would cancel, that good luck as the prices would be alot higher in January with a sniffle condescending attitude. My reply was that was my choice

I never have left a bad review as I know how tough it is.

Firstly don't put items on your website that are not in stock or at least mention it in your website, so the consumer has a choice. Secondly, don't talk down to people, you are no better than anyone else.

My advise is to avoid this persons company, even if it means paying abit more elsewhere.

Horrible person
I would like to add to my review after reading others. I was also contacted by Julian this morning. I agree, very rude. I told him I needed the table for Christmas so would cancel the order as I can get it from ‘Very’ by the 15th of December. The only reason I didn’t buy from the originally is because sofa and home offered free delivery which I thought was good and saved me £20 in these difficult times. The response I got was ‘good luck’ in a rude, sarcastic manner.
It seems Julian could do with some customer service lessons after reading a lot of other people have had the same manner.
You really shouldn’t allow people to purchase something if it is not in stock. I know have to wait 7-10 days for a refund. We need a table for Christmas, because I know have to wait this long for my money back there’s a good chance we won’t be able to purchase one from another company in time.
Very poor.
Great communication, order a Pisa recliner chair. Hubby put it together easily and it’s fantastic. Excellent quality. Would upload a photo but no facility too. Would recommend highly both website and chair. Love it xx
Ordered a dining and chair set, call the next day from Julian to advise item out of stock and a expected date provided, unfortunately it was a little too later than required.
I found Julian to be very pleasant and no objections to cancelling my order.

Will visit the website again
1st class service from start to finish, ordered a Capri double bed, great bed, arrived before the estimated time, arrived on the day required, great communication from order to delivery, would recommend to anyone,
21/9/20 Ordered from Northern Ireland 2 Biaritz swivel chairs & received them 15/10 within an hour of quoted time. Quicker than anywhere else AND considerably cheaper.
Full marks.
Our first set was set with incorrect drawers but this was rectified immediately by Julian and the replacement was spot on. We were very pleased with it.
This company is an absolute joke. I’ve never ever received a phone call mere moments after ordering with some pompous chap saying he ‘couldn’t entertain my order’ as my delivery address didn’t match my billing address, at Least I can only assume that’s why.
I paid by Apple Pay and as I have only just moved I hadn’t updated this.
I wasn’t given an opportunity to rectify this. I have emailed as payment has been taken only to be told it may take 14 days to return my money. I want to swear...
AVOID AVOID AVOID.
Suspect fraud. Postcode & Address did not match. Owner's card processed for a refund immediately.
Ordered a table to be delivered to highlands and islands! They took my money and then with in 20mins a phone call from the charming Julian to say that they didnt deliver this far north so they could refund me in 7-10 working days! Outrageous!!! Have never spoken to such a rude man! He actually sneered when i asked him for an instant refund as it was only for £180!!
There is no point in leaving a review if one of our furniture suppliers does not deliver to the Island of Shetland. We advised of a shipper, but the customer refused. Our payment provider refunds in 5-10 days.
Ordered a Jay-Be guest bed. S&H kept me informed of delivery status and that it would come direct from the manufacturer. Delivery date was missed by a day and when the iem arrived there was some damage to the box and some cosmetic scratches on the frame. Can't fault S&H here, they went back to Jay-Be and arranged for a mattress topper and a cover for the bed to be delivered in compensation, avoiding the need to arrange for returning the bed. Good service all round.
I very rarely leave a review but this company have been genuinely excellent and therefore deserve it. I ordered a bed and mattresses in June 2020 and a couple of days later received a call to say that due to Covid -19 there were supply delays. Gave us the option of cancelling all of part of the order. Proceeded and contacted them again in August for an update. One product would be fine for delivery in Sept but no update on the other and again we were given the option to cancel all or part of the order. We cancelled the product with no update (refund quick and efficient) and received the bed in Sept as promised. Great product, great customer service.
Due to Covid, there was a delay in delivery. Julian was very good and called immediately to let me know so i could tailor my expectations. He also called to let me know that an opportunity for delivery became available, and my item was with me the next day.
I cannot comment on the actual mattress that I purchased as, I won't be opening it for another couple of weeks. This review is therefore in relation to the service I received.
I identified which mattress I wanted in a local store. Sofa & Home were selling it £150 cheaper. Before placing my order, I rang to check availability. I was told that it was out of stock at the manufacturers but, was expected back in o n approximately 3rd August and, would be with me a couple of days after. This was perfectly acceptable to me and I placed my order online. The mattress was delivered today, the 6th Augus t.
As I have been aware from the start, when my order would arrive, I can only say that I am very happy with the service I have received. If you are in a rush please ring first to check availability.
Sofa & Home is rated 4.40 based on 206 reviews