Sofa & Home Reviews

90% of reviewers recommend Sofa & Home

help@sofaandhome.co.uk

Wheatfield House, Old Vicarage Park, Scawby, Nr. Brigg, North Lincolnshire

Tell us how Sofa & Home made you happy

"From start to finish there has been issues. Firstly we were told the items we purchased wouldn’t be delivered for at least 3 weeks. We then had a phone call from Birlea saying they would deliver on a specific day. I waited in all day and no delivery was attempted. This happened 3 more times. In the end I rang up to cancel the order and asked for a refund. Nearly 2 months later Sofa and Home bombard me with emails and phone calls demanding that I pay for the furniture as they have ‘proof’ that I have signed for the furniture. After investigation on my part I discover that Expedia, the courier used in fact delivered to a neighbour’s property and did not recieve a signature as the have been and still are abroad. Sofa and home deal with 2 other companies (Birlea and Expedia?) which are totally incompetent. After all this inconvenience to us after just having a baby we have still not even had so much as a ‘sorry’ from any of these companies. We finally have the furniture which is the patchwork chair and footstool. It looks lovely but is not the most comfortable to sit on especially after a cesearean section when trying to feed a newborn! No padding on the seat whatsoever so I would not recommend at all."
"Thank you for my lovely sideboard I was so happy and delighted with it."
"Absolutely atrocious customer service. I had a query regarding an order. I had possibly misordered and needed clarification. I was spoken to abruptly and dismissively even when I was try to explain how id arrived at this point. If the conversation had gone better and I realised that I had gotten it wrong but been spoken to in a polite manner throughout my query then I would probably have ended up ordering the item through them. However, there is no way I would order through them or recommend them based upon that customer service. If they speak to you in that way and you are potentially the person who has made the mistake, I dread to think how defensive they would be if they were to be found fully at fault."
The Grace Day Bed comes on its own or as a promotional package with the Ellie Under bed and Two Premier Single Mattresses.
It is quite clear that there are two prices on the website and photographs of the Day Bed without the Under bed.
The customer called and was adamant that the Grace Day Bed had been delivered and where was the Ellie Under bed.
Unfortunately the customer made a mistake and ordered Grace Day Bed on its own.
"The chair we ordered looked good online but was of poor quality when delivered, fabric looked old & dirty and was uncomfortable. Charged a "restocking" fee to return on top of return postage which I'm pretty sure is illegal. Seeking advice on that point but please take my advice and avoid Sofa & Home."
The customer is returning an Occasional Chair. It is legal to charge a restocking fee. Our charge is 10% when returning to our warehouse, it helps absorb the losses that occur when merchandise is returned. Please search restocking fee for more information. It is a shame because the customer asked for a swatch of the fabric of the chair before purchase.
"Absolutely fantastic customer services. Unfortunately due to sons health condition getting worse I had to cancel my order at very short notice. The lovely gentleman I spoke to was so understanding and helpful. I will definitely use this company again and without hesitation recommend to all my family and friends."
"Poor delivery service, dumped in room and too difficult for a single person to unpack an item that has a warning needs two people to lift. So much packaging and have to finish off assembly myself. Would not recommend. Whatever happened to good customer service??? Just dump and run these days :("
Customer had a Mirrored 6 Drawer Chest delivered. This would have been delivered by a 2 Person Service to room of choice. Chest was delivered assembled, but Knob handles had to be put on. As this was a mirrored glass piece of furniture, heavy packaging was required for transport and customer safety.
"Good communication. Arrived when they said it would. Pleasant friendly driver"
"All good, exactly as described"
"The chair is exactly what we required and is very comfortable. However, we had a problem in putting the chair together. These chairs should be delivered as finished chairs because people like my wife and I who are in our 80's cannot put them together and we had to pay a joiner to do the job."
"Good product, delivered in time and as described"
"Made a call. Advisor was very helpful and friendly. Delivery came quickly. Very happy with product"
"Great price, unbelievably fast delivery and super quality. What more do you want?"
"Fitting of carpet is faultless. Was kept informed on delivery right up to just before fitting guys arrived"
"Delivered when they said they would"
"Item as described. Quick delivery. Cupboard carried upstairs and packaging disposed of."
"Exceptionally rude customer service. I ordered online, and my order went through without a problem, then received a call that I did not give my card details, and they wanted to get my card details over the phone. We wanted to speak to the manager, and this extremely rude person claimed to be the boss and told us to order from elsewhere. We have not even received cancellation email."
You are required at Checkout to complete your Purchase Card Details.
This entails your Registered Card Name, Card Address, Card Type, Card Bank or Issuer and Security Code.
When asked, this prospective customer refused to give us the registered address card details, so the order was cancelled.
"Rang them in the morning to check stock levels, and spoke to a very helpful gentleman. Placed the order online and the items came the next day. Excellent delivery service!"
"Quick and reliable service"
"Pleased with chair, delivery and service"
"Good price and surprisingly early next day delivery."
Sofa & Home is rated 4.55 based on 119 reviews