SLV.Global Reviews

Telephone
Read SLV.Global Reviews

02070961718

info@slv.global

Tell us how SLV.Global made you happy
SLV.Global 5 star review on 28th February 2019
Molly
SLV.Global 5 star review on 21st July 2017
Sioned rhys
SLV.Global 5 star review on 17th July 2017
At first 3 months seems like a long time to be away from home, but as soon as you set foot in Sri Lanka and meet all the amazing people there, you realise that you've found yourself a new family and 3 months is no longer enough. I have met life-long friends who are just as adventurous as me, we have lived together and laughed together, sharing all the wonderful trips, projects and fun along the way. I would definitely say, do not hesitate to join SLV Global.

Definitely an unforgettable experience.
Hi Vivian, thank you so much for this lovely review! :) We absolutely loved having you on the team and we're so pleased to hear that you had such a great experience with us. Best of luck for the future and please do keep in touch.
I took part in the mental health programme in India in June and would like to thank SLV.Global for an amazing week! I have learned so much, and really enjoyed the different workshops we were able to attend. I loved the weekend trip to Mysore, and I am so grateful to the SLV.Global team for making my trip so enjoyable!
Hi there! Thank you so much for your wonderful review - we're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time on the India team and gained a lot from the experience. Best of luck for the future and do keep in touch!
It's been nearly a year since I took part in SLV Bali and I still reminisce fondly on my experience all of the time! My 4 weeks in Bali involved spending lots of time on amazing projects and working with and getting to know amazing people! SLV gave me an experience I will keep with me for life - an experience which has helped me feel prepared for the future and opened the door for a lot of opportunities since SLV. Moreover, SLV was a great opportunity to make friends for life too! Not a day goes by when I don't feel extremely grateful and fortunate to have taken part in such an incredible, amazing and unique opportunity!
Hi Sasha, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We appreciate everything that you did whilst being a part of the team in Bali and it's great to hear that you have gained so much from placement. Please do keep in touch and all the best for the future!
SLV.Global offers a great chance to discover other cultures and develop your skills in psychology.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Please keep in touch and we wish you all the best for the future.
I did the mental health placement in Sri Lanka and learned so much from my experience there. We were given the opportunity to work with a huge range of people and given a huge insight into mental health from a different cultural perspective. Sri Lanka is an amazing country and it was lovely getting to know the locals and spending time in the local community. I would definitely reccomend this placement to anyone looking for experience in the mental health field and love exploring different cultures!
Thank you so much for such an amazing review Eileen! You were an amazing member of the team and we wish you lots of luck for the future. Please keep in touch!
Thanks SLV.Global for an amazing week. The India trip was packed full of brilliant sessions and I learnt loads. I loved the yoga and mindfulness aspects of the week, as well as the weekend in Mysore. The SLV.Global staff were so welcoming to us. Thank you!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We're so glad you enjoyed the workshops and the mindfulness sessions. Please keep in touch, all the best for the future!
The India program was really amazing! Absolutely loved attending workshops on mental health and participating in the yoga and meditation sessions. The weekend trip to Mysore was a great way to end the wonderful week with amazing people!
Hi Chandni, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure to have you on our team in India and we're so glad you enjoyed the workshops and the yoga sessions. Please keep in touch, all the best for the future!
Absolutely loved every moment I spent in India the slv.global team were brilliant and the programme taught me so much from both an academic perspective and on a personal level thanks so much for this incredible opportunity
Hi Emma, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure to have you on our teams and it's fantastic to hear that you feel like you've gained from the experience, both academically and personally. Please keep in touch, all the best for the future.
I did both the mental health placement in Sri Lanka and the educational programme in India. I gain so much experience from both experiences within the field of global mental.
The placement in Sri Lanka gave me the opportunity to work with a range of different people, which has helped me a lot when applying for jobs back in the U.K.
The teaching placements also gave me transferable skills for both teaching and mental health, as I now feel much more confident with my public speaking and organisational skills. Especially since returning to the U.K. and delivering mental health workshops in my job.
The placement in Sri Lanka and programme in India were extremely well organised and the staff made me feel supported during both my trips with them.
Thank you SLV.Global!
Hi Billie, thank you so much for you commitment to both teams and taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure to have you on our teams and it's fantastic to hear that you have been able to apply your knowledge gained into your work. Please keep in touch and we wish you all the best for the future .
I was so glad to have found this this organisation when I did! After graduating and being unable to achieve what I wanted due to lack of experience, I found what I needed and more in the placements in both Sri Lanka for 6 weeks and Bali for 4 weeks. It's not about shadowing a professional in the field, but being involved in activities which can be deemed therapeutic. There is also a lot of teaching which I did not necessarily expect but ended up enjoying more than I initially thought. I was able to learn so much about myself and it managed to gradually open up windows of opportunity for me which I am grateful for. I'm pretty sure I would not have been accepted to study my Master's course without the experience and support from everyone involved. For anyone who cares about Psychology, especially mental health, I would recommend getting involved to boost the experience on your CV.
Hi Shanice, thank you for sharing your experience. It was a pleasure to have you join our teams twice and congratulations on being accepted for your course. Please do keep in touch and best of luck in your future career.
I have been lucky enough to participate in both SLV Sri Lanka and SLV Bali (yes it's that good I went twice!!!) The work this organisation enables its volunteers to achieve is amazing! Not only was I able to gain invaluable mental health experience, I was able to learn, develop and apply new skills which I know will stay with me. I felt supported and empowered by the SLV.Global staff and reassured by the passion they have for the work done. I would highly recommend these placements to anyone and encourage anyone thinking about applying to go for it!
Hi Harriette, thank you so much for being a part of the team twice. You have been amazing and we loved having you. Please keep in touch and all the best for the future.
I took part in a 6 week mental health placement in Sri Lanka and was able to not only gain extremely valuable hands on experience within the field of psychology and mental health but was also able to experience mental health and social care from a completely different cultural perspective. Being totally immersed in the culture was a huge highlight for me and I enjoyed working within a team of volunteers where I was able to share my skills and knowledge as well as learn from the team. I would highly recommend this organisation and experience for anyone looking to acquire meaning experience in the field of psychology. Thank you SLV.Global 😊
Thank you for your commitment to the team, Alice. You were a great addition to the team. Please do stay in touch and best of luck for the future.
I participated in the Ancient & Clinical Psychology Placement with SLV.Global in India. I have always had an interest in alternative approaches to Mental Health and I really enjoyed the sessions with the clinical psychologist about how she uses yoga and meditation to treat her clients! NIMHANS psychiatric hospital was an eye-opening experience and I learnt a great deal about psychiatric care in India. Our weekend in Mysore was a great way to spend the end of the trip.
Hi Marie-Anne, thank you for the review. It's great to hear about how much you've learned from the India placement. All the best for the future and keep in touch!
I did the Graduate Mental Health placement in Sri Lanka with SLV.Global and I would really recommend it. The team in the country were really supportive and helpful, especially as it was my first time travelling on my own! I also loved living with the family and getting a real taste of the culture. The projects were really interesting and varied and I had the opportunity to work with such a range of different individuals from the community. I found it really valuable to gain hands on experience and since I got back I got accepted to study a masters in psychology, which was definitely because of the experience I had in Sri Lanka.
Hi Hannah, thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations! It was a pleasure to have you on the team. Please keep in touch and all the best in your future career.
Probably the best decision I ever made! I travelled to Sri Lanka and completed the 12 week Mental Health Placement just after I graduated. I'd never been away from home for so long before but time just flew by! You experience so many different settings and projects and everything is really hands-on so you get first hand experience of working directly with service users. I took so many new skills away from my placement and have been able to apply them to my career and work in the UK since getting back. Thank you to everyone at SLV for making it possible!
Thank you for the review. We're pleased to hear that you were able to gain so much from your placement. Please do keep in touch and we wish you all the best in your future career.
I was a volunteer on the Graduate Mental Health Program late last year and had such an amazing time!! I had travelled a few times before this but after being there for three months I feel like it it was like a second home!! My homestay family was so friendly and the Slv team really made me feel at home with all the training and support :D I am planning on going to India this summer too as I really want to stand out from the crowd with my MSc Psych applications!
Hi Kara, thank you so much for your commitment to the team. You were a great addition to the team! We would love to have you back on the team for India so get in touch.
I would highly recommend SLV Global, the support before and during my placement was very good and I felt comfortable as soon as I landed in Bali. I gained experience working in different environments in the community, schools and hospitals which has been a great benefit to my CV. I have used what I have learnt during my placement and examples in interviews since I have returned home. The week is challenging but so rewarding! And this makes your weekends very important, and within a few hours travel from the village you can get to explore so many beautiful beaches in Bali!
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It's great to hear about how much you've gained from the placement. Please keep in touch and good luck for the future.
SLV was one of the best decisions I have ever made! The work was really worthwhile and definitely aided my career thinking since returning from Sri Lanka!

You work with such a diverse range of projects on a weekly basis, I was working in psychiatric facilities, residential centres for children and adults who suffer from various special needs. You also are able to take part in various organised workshops and field trips that are run by local professionals. My favourite was shadowing a local psychiatrist as he completed his homestay visits around the community, it was a real insight into the different approaches and challenges towards mental health in Sri Lanka!

The absolute highlight was the guys I shared my homestay with, we didn't know each other in the beginning and we've all stayed in touch since leaving. At the weekends you get to travel and witness the beauty of Sri Lanka. We all want to go again!

I'd recommend the SLV placement to anyone who wants to gain experience working directly with people and to learn different approaches to mental health. The placement is well organised, the staff are really friendly and supportive and you will probably make friends for life!
Thank you for being a part of the team and sharing your review. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience. Please do stay in touch and all the best for the future.
I would recommend this to any person that had studied psychology and wanted to get more experience. I had never been to Asia before and I loved Sri Lanka so much. The projects were each so different and loved each one differently. Being at the psychiatric hospital was challenging but it was a really valuable experience. My homestay family could not have been more welcoming and though I did not like spicy food when I arrived I got used to it and actually started to enjoy it. The SLV team were great before I left and I enjoyed getting to know my supervisors and national team when I was there. Also since I have been back the team have acted as a referee for me for two healthcare positions which was really use. If you are thinking about doing this - you should.
Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your placement. Please do keep in touch and good luck for the future!
Changed my life! Best decision I ever made! I did the Mental Health Placement in Sri Lanka earlier this year and I am so glad I did. I was nervous before I left as I did not know anyone but after arriving I felt instantly at ease. The SLV team could not have been more accommodating and they did everything they could to ensure we were well supported. I loved all of the projects, especially the projects working with people with special needs, I did not have my experience initially but my coordinators and national team helped me out. It was great having weekends off to explore Sri Lanka and finally I got the opporunity to learn to surf! Could not recommend this enough!
Thank you so much for taking to time to write this, Jonny. Please stay in touch and all the best for the future.
SLV.Global is rated 4.49 based on 185 reviews