sky broadband Reviews

39% of reviewers recommend sky broadband
09AM
9AM

Tell us how sky broadband made you happy

Telephone
17 - 18 hours
Avg Email Response Time
"If your with sky always check the money comes out each month, if u have direct debt set up. Sky stopped taking payments, we should of checked each month. Sky stopped payment 1st May and sent a letter for none payment October. Sky said we owe £240 before Christmas, first call to sky staff male agreed that we could pay by instalments, if sky cut us off just ring bk to put back on. Cut off- Next call a( lady)said you owe to pay it( not nice person) sky admits admin error that’s why it took so long. Sky would not let us pay the money in one payment, they want another direct debt set up to cancel it but we have no contract and no internet for work or Christmas. We had to pay via card for full amount and set direct debt for £30.25 which they say will b refunded in 30 days. Great service they have given us pleased to b leaving. Merry Christmas"
Are you sky broadband? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback sky broadband receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"rubish and slow broadband.waste my time as wel."
"I am absolutely disgusted with the way i was spoken to today! My query was completely ignored whilst the man talked non stop about the new skyQ box i already said i did not want and was completely unrelated to my actual issue! And then when i said i was not happy to pay 65 pounds for someone to come and look at the satellite dish because i already pay a fortune per month, he began to shout at me and tell me i will have to pay it or it will not get fixed and i will still be charged for the services i cannot use! The situation was not resolved and i will be removing my custom from them ASAP! Appalling service."
"Customer Service is a joke, not at all helpful. I have had nothing but harassment off them since I left, saying I owe £10. Today they even phoned my 18 year old daughter while she was at work. Has soon as my contract is up for the tv I am leaving that as well. Will never have sky again or recommend it. Better alternatives out there and cheaper"
"Everything from date I ordered home move. Didn't even tell me engineer would not be out today so I wasted a day of work. Been 6 weeks and still no Wi-Fi. Worst service ever and no one is helping"
"Supposed to be fast broadband, but always seems the lowest speed in my area compared to other providers, not especially fast."
"Usually good but when there's a problem it takes days on end to get it sorted. Several days ago our broadband slowed down to the point that it is pretty much non-existent now. According to our contract we should have up to 24MB speed, currently it is under 2. Uploads are also not working at all, the speed is 0.5MB at best. Called them and was told tests indicate there might be a problem outside our home but still they don't seem to think it should be sorted quickly. We have to wait for days now to get someone onsite so it can be checked."
"If i could give a no star rating i would. We have been waiting 5 weeks and 2 days now for our broadband to be installed. We originally signed up on the 30/08/2018 and to this day are still waiting for broadband and phone. I was told today i would get the final update, instead they have said they cant update us now until Monday. Bt have been very helpful and can get here in 2 weeks. We have had word for word the same update since day 1. Very unhelpful and wouldn't recommend their services to anybody. I have written a formal complaint and will be contacting the ombudsman service if i dont get an answer by the end of today when i call them. Bad company."
"Sky are a disgusting company I sold their product for them for many years for them so I know both ides as employee and customer... don’t get me wrong I used to love sky ... until one day unfortunately I went out at Christmas got into a bar fight and was stabbed ... since then I have became epileptic and have anxiety panic disorder... and suffer panic attack regularly... I Rang sky bilking where my account is locked I have to speak to a special team ov only round about 10 people who are called the priority team ... basically means they can do everything rolled into one person .... they treat you terribly I ring them for assistance heavily muedicated for help if they don’t like what you are saying or you disagree they terminate the call which has me breaking down with stress .. if u ask for a manger they say they are the manager and I can do nothing about it if u say I want to speak to a senior person they just terminate the call makes me left sittingbherr not able to speak to anyone ... they are so rude it’s laughable I pay over 120 pound a month two seperate accounts so now my circumstance changed they said sorry because it’s two Basic accounts you can’t have anything .. I said that’s so unfair and the representative called Katy in this conversation I said well u must understand losing your job through mental illness and struggling her response ??? I would not live beyond my means and pay thst much if I was struggling ... what a cheek ... also your not allowed to fine feedback in this priority team like other departments .... stay away from Sky they are happy to take your money for years but when u need then it’s sorry fuk off ........ never tie yourself into these horrible bastards that priority team knows u can’t complain they make y feel helpless that’s why they terminate calls Because their will be no backlash or complaints .... it’s a joke as soon as u get upset and say well sorry I don’t agree they say sorry this call is going nowhere and u sat wait I am trying to explain and they just terminate the call because they know their will be no problems for their actions where is if when I worked I hung up on a customer for no reason I wud be sacked ... it’s lije the SS DEPARTMENT OF SKY ..... DO NOT NUY SKY GO WITH TALK TALJ OR EE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AMAZING"
"Anyone choosing sky especially the Sky Q system should be aware if you have a problem it will be easier to speak to Donald Trump and it would be to speak to a so-called sky advisor after a 23 minute wait I they hang up on you Try again and after a further 25 minute wait the line goes dead Oh very helpful"
"Very DISAPPOINTED with SKY, rip off, all they want is to take your money. Apparently the contracted ended 9 months ago no one got in touch n they have been taking £70 a month from my mum when the initial contract was £30. I spoke to the customer service guy he had no answers for my question apart from you are not getting no refund. Pure Robbery, slow broadband on top of that. ADVISE your friends and family to stay away from them, it's not worth the hassle. Fuming..."
"Wanted to upgrade to Sky Q after using our Sky Plus Boxes for years and years. Had a little problem with an advisor who misquoted us. The next advisor couldn't do enough for us, went out of her way and called us back at our convenience. All sorted and Q is amazing! Thanks so much, very happy with our service!"
"Very helpful and made my purchase go very smoothly"
"Because of the prices that Sky offer for Mobile Phones, they are the Premiere Mobile supplier."
"Worst company ever. Extortionate prices. Poor connection and zero customer service. Avoid"
"could not solve problem"
"I am incredibly disappointed with this service. I could not recommend it less. Firstly, the earliest instalment date was 2 weeks on from when I booked the wifi. This was frustrating but I accepted this and joined the queue. I would recommend a better service as this is very off-putting to customers. Having waited for two weeks with no wifi, at some extra costs: - A man to sit in out flat for the day of the 23rd, as someone has to let the engineer in. - All three of us have had to extend our 3G packages on out phones bills - And one of us, who should be working from home, has had to pay to work elsewhere. The engineer arrived on time, thank you. However, he was unable to fix the wifi - he did not complete his job. I was never rung by anyone, no one told me what was happening. They just left the flat. Since then I have had no communication other than three texts delaying the instalment by another 10 days. There is still no wifi, one flatmate is still paying to work elsewhere, our phone bills are almost double what I should be paying, and we will have to pay for someone to fit in our flat yet again. I would like someone to be in contact with me as soon as possible. This service is shocking. How are you going to compensate for this?"
"Rubbish keep me on the phone over a hour then at last min put price up by £15 . they also added films to my mother in law account with out her knowledge. She is disable and on there disabled list"
"They installed a new Sky Q box system and one of the boxes is noisy instead of sending out an engineer they trying to diagnose the problem over phone from a text book. Still not fixed still no engineer"
"Never any issues regarding broadband service, in my personal experience very reliable. Also every time i try to leave or cancel they offer me a deal too good to turn down so saving alot of money...which is important!"
sky broadband is rated 2.56 based on 41 reviews