sky broadband Reviews

52% of reviewers recommend sky broadband

How would you rate sky broadband ?

"Very DISAPPOINTED with SKY, rip off, all they want is to take your money. Apparently the contracted ended 9 months ago no one got in touch n they have been taking £70 a month from my mum when the initial contract was £30. I spoke to the customer service guy he had no answers for my question apart from you are not getting no refund. Pure Robbery, slow broadband on top of that. ADVISE your friends and family to stay away from them, it's not worth the hassle. Fuming..."
"Wanted to upgrade to Sky Q after using our Sky Plus Boxes for years and years. Had a little problem with an advisor who misquoted us. The next advisor couldn't do enough for us, went out of her way and called us back at our convenience. All sorted and Q is amazing! Thanks so much, very happy with our service!"
"Very helpful and made my purchase go very smoothly"
"Because of the prices that Sky offer for Mobile Phones, they are the Premiere Mobile supplier."
"Worst company ever. Extortionate prices. Poor connection and zero customer service. Avoid"
"could not solve problem"
"I am incredibly disappointed with this service. I could not recommend it less. Firstly, the earliest instalment date was 2 weeks on from when I booked the wifi. This was frustrating but I accepted this and joined the queue. I would recommend a better service as this is very off-putting to customers. Having waited for two weeks with no wifi, at some extra costs: - A man to sit in out flat for the day of the 23rd, as someone has to let the engineer in. - All three of us have had to extend our 3G packages on out phones bills - And one of us, who should be working from home, has had to pay to work elsewhere. The engineer arrived on time, thank you. However, he was unable to fix the wifi - he did not complete his job. I was never rung by anyone, no one told me what was happening. They just left the flat. Since then I have had no communication other than three texts delaying the instalment by another 10 days. There is still no wifi, one flatmate is still paying to work elsewhere, our phone bills are almost double what I should be paying, and we will have to pay for someone to fit in our flat yet again. I would like someone to be in contact with me as soon as possible. This service is shocking. How are you going to compensate for this?"
"Rubbish keep me on the phone over a hour then at last min put price up by £15 . they also added films to my mother in law account with out her knowledge. She is disable and on there disabled list"
"They installed a new Sky Q box system and one of the boxes is noisy instead of sending out an engineer they trying to diagnose the problem over phone from a text book. Still not fixed still no engineer"
"Never any issues regarding broadband service, in my personal experience very reliable. Also every time i try to leave or cancel they offer me a deal too good to turn down so saving alot of money...which is important!"
"They stated online that they were offering a £75 Mastercard award with their broadband package, and then only sent a £50 award. They refused to provide the amount advertised and told me they never provide £75, it's always £50. I provided them with a screenshot of the £75 deal I signed up for. They then changed their excuse stating that they do offer £75, but I signed up to the £50 deal instead! (I didn't) They also stated that my broadband costs wouldn't increase for 12 months, but then increased the cost three months into the contract."
"so i can watch evreymovie what i like"
"Having got in touch with Sky recently explaining that I had to cancel because of cost,the rep was really helpful and worked out a plan which he managed to cut the cost by40percent and also added an update of skygo to skygo+ for no charge. It really made my day,as I could carry on with sport and movies.Great!!"
"Went from £51 a month to £106 a month and we had a full phone broadband and TV and they had not give us any notice of price rise"
"The net speed on my laptop is pathetic, which is fine when I use it in my workplace, friends/family houses, airports and elsewhere. I have spoken to Sky, twice, they usually recommend some very basic stuff, such as restart your router, the reset button and changing channels etc. I have checked all channels, and this is btw my evening engagement all most every day. I have no virus on my laptop - it's a new high-performance machine which works great everywhere except my home. I have updated, uninstalled, reinstalled everything that has to do with browsing. Now the final response from Sky was great! They said, repeatedly "we can not do anything more about it", other than to ask me to keep changing channels (if I am lucky enough to make it open the page which allows me to change the channel). They for some reason also mentioned, out of nowhere, that my Sky connection is free!!! (I am paying them £18/month btw but got it with an offer). Well.. I let you decide why they said it, and was it a justification for my slow internet. Anyway, I am just waiting for my contract to elapse, so I may move to a more serious company that delivers for the service they promise and they charge for."
"Terrible company and I heard they had a warning from Parliament so did British Gas. You pay Sky for a very poor speed with phone line sometimes not working. But.... they are all the same. I then discovered life after cable based broadband and that is wi-fi, not the dongle you purchase, but the true radio wave wi-fi, no cable, no landline. Some of you might not be able to get it, I am lucky I am next to their main area. No direct debit, no contract, installation is costly as they install a box on your outside wall and link it to a router. Very fast and cheaper monthly, only paying £15 per month. (Mine is via Fibre Wifi they are in Chelmsford). All those big corporations profiting from us, they should be ashame. To speak to Sky customer services sometimes take more than 2 hours and then they hang off.... really one of the worst companies"
"I've just switched to Sky for my phone and broadband and found the process very easy. Loved the fact that I can keep my existing home phone number and the actual switch will only leave me without internet for a matter of minutes."
"Quick, simple mobile phone contract buying."
"The engineers at Sky are amazing, call centres are t to bad either. Best TV provider in the country. Would recommend to anyone who loves their viewing"
"Went on line last Sunday signed for 2 new mobiles on 24 exchange,the ease of purchasing,submitting PAC codes,and going like Monday was so easy no stress. Also their my sky app gives you help immediately and can go away from site until agent answers and they let you know. I am so happy I left virgin media even paying £240 cancellation fee which sky gave me £100 credit"
sky broadband is rated 3.06 based on 31 reviews