Simply Home Entertainment Reviews

CDs, DVDs & Blu-Rays
Entertainment
CDs, DVDs & Blu-Rays

Tell us how Simply Home Entertainment made you happy

"Great for finding forgetten classics, hidden gems and new release titles all in one place! I don't know what to buy next!"
Are you Simply Home Entertainment? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Great selection of forgotten favourites, nostalgic DVDs and cult releases all in one place."
"Really pleased with the Threads Blu-Ray - thanks Simply for listening to us and releasing this. I was pleased when you remastered it for DVD but was disappointed that there was no option to purchase a Blu-ray so when you announced you were (& were giving the option for those who purchased the dvd to swap it free of charge) I thought 'wow' - that is customer service you don't see elsewhere. The film itself is great, as is the new quality - the improvement is astonishing and I really enjoyed the new features too. Will continue buying from Simply as long as they keep bringing great releases of classic titles - I know I can rely on you I would say that sometimes the pricing could be better as it often is not competitive and the have a really limited selection of Blu-Ray titles which is disappointing as I'm often forced to look elsewhere and don't like making multiple orders on different sites, would rather buy from the same place so it can deter me from shopping with them"
"SO happy I managed to do most of my Christmas shopping with Simply Home Entertainment (all the family, friends, stocking fillers, secret santa etc) and spend less than £150 on everyone (I cant remember the exact amount) but I brought SO much and lots of box sets that were way cheaper here than anywhere else. I ordered on cyber Monday and my stuff came within a week then ordered again about a week ago and now I have everything ready to wrap. yay. I used their gift guides and thought that all the present suggestions were sorted perfectly (stocking fillers for him/her/the family, secret santa work guide etc) thank you for making it an easy Christmas this year. only one point is it would be good if I could use two discount codes at once because I used one on my second order but I actually had two I could have used and saved even more money. not a big deal but we like to save money where we can don't we? Donna"
"All round positive things to say good things: - good choice of dvds and cds - they release their own dvds, often old classic/retro shows and films that have not yet been released or were lost in the archives - they know what they're talking about & don't give you a generic answer when you message them on facebook or twitter unlike most companies - their site is easy to use bad things - they may have too big of a selection on their site - who could possibly ever own that many dvds? - they don't have a physical store you can go into, it's all online - they don't sell records which I would have expected given they sell vintage / retro classic dvds/cds and Entertainment that is hard to find - this is an avenue they could explore"
"I found Simply via a competition website and didn't bother looking at reviews because at the time i just wanted to enter the competition - if i would have looked at reviews i would have steered clear (like many people said on here) but they have been SO helpful to me + reply to me on facebook straight away when i asked a question. They were so polite and friendly - it wasnt a robot talking to me, a real person who tried to help which was lovely I did then sign-up to their news letter and over the past week they have offered so many brilliant offers/discounts. Somethings are slightly more expensive than say Amazon but they always seem to have ways of saving money. Such a good selection of old tv that is impossible to find elsewhere and stumbled across series i had forgotten about but loved back then. Got lots of my christmas gifts here so made my christmas much easier. The only two complaints i have is that I didnt win the competition and that I can't buy a DVD player/Blu-Ray player on their site and i really need a new one which is why i entered the competition but they aren't an electronics store, it is only DVD, CD and some blu-ray."
"No real complaints - great choice of products but it'd be nice if some of the one's I wanted were in the offers more frequently. Love the dvds you keep bringing out like Threads."
"I wasn't sure whether to buy with them as i had read bad reviews here but it was the cheapest place i could find the DVD i was after and i thought i would take the risk. I have since brought with them 2 further times in the space of 6 weeks and got all of my dvds perfectly. I felt compelled to leave a review due to the bad ones i read which in my experience are simply untrue They release their own titles too which are usually unreleased classics - particularly British tv and stuff along those lines which are a good blast from the past and make great presents for family members"
"Found them through an ad a while back and wondered why I had never heard of them before because they beat all of their competitors like HMV, Zoom and FOPP. Their site is easy to use, it is clear, it is safe, you can always find something you will like and you will usually end up finding things you had never heard of but love. Some of the prices aren't as cheap as amazon but if you search online you can usually find a voucher code that you can use or if you sign up to the newsletter they often have deals and discounts that make it cheaper"
"great selection of titles, espesh stuff you struggle to find like classic tv shows, foreign films and independent films and on the occassions i couldnt find what i wanted, i have emailed and they have got it in stock - thats customer service like no other! dont know why they have bad reviews but i got an email response straight away & i am replied to by them on facebook quickly whenever i have a question"
"Terrible customer service. The order I placed was sent to the billing address and not the shipping address.. When I called up to complain, the representative was very rude and unapologetic.. and was amendment I was wrong.. He put me on hold to double check and sure enough told me I was right and that he does not know why that has happened... Still no apology. I asked him for his name and he said "Jay". I have to return this delivery back now for a refund.. I will not order anything again!!"
"Came across an ad for Doomwatch many months ago: had missed lots cos of travel. Ordered by post. Came quickly. Have since ordered monthly from catalogue. Got a bit behind and ordered from 4 catalogues a few weeks ago to catch up, 24 ítems. Even had a letter to tell me 4 ítems were no longer available! Rest came through. they are sourced from different firms, so will come in several parcels, depending on speed of supplier, mainly Belgium and Guernsey. Now retired, but catching up with what I missed during working years, pre video, repeats, and catch up, with the added treat of the occasional French or Spanish ítem. Have only returned two ítems which were not what I expected: 1, a Spanish title but English language film, and a children's series that was cartoons instead of live people. No problem."
"I ordered an expensive DVD box set (£80) which arrived with disc 1 missing and disc 2 duplicated. I telephoned customer service and was told I had to return the whole box to a Freepost address in Guernsey which i did more than 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing further. About three years ago I similarly returned a DVD because the wrong title was sent and on that occasion I again heard nothing. I didn't pursue it as I forgot to get proof of posting which i do have this time. Their returns process appears to be very ineffective."
"Their total selection of films old and new, cannot see what you wanted send them an email...simple is it not?"
"They put product which are not in stock, lure people and cash in and ignore communications. 1 star is even too much to give. Don't buy it from there!"
"Wish I had read reviews before ordering. Ordered DVDs in mid-May, still waiting in mid-June. No communication unless I pushed for it, no order updates on the site. They don't have an option to send parcels with courier or recorded delivery so it is high risk."
"I was skeptical seeing the other reviews online. I can't complain one bit about them! They offered the cheapest boxset - almost £15 cheaper than other sites. The box set arrived in 2 days. 2 days!! That's awesome! Would definitely buy again!"
"Ordered three items in March 2017 two arrived fairly promptly, the third is still outstanding as of 15 May. Letters are simply ignored"
"Twice it has taken 2 months to send my order. Last time I contacted you via email and was told it was out of stock and they couldn't replace it. I ask for my money back and that was promised and I still haven't got it. It is now almost 3 months since my order and it's still not complete. I will not be ordering from you again. Your service to customers is very bad."
"I've been a customer of MovieMail for several years. They were recently taken over by Simply HE, and I've had very bad experiences of both companies since then. MovieMail sent me a DVD which had a completely crushed case. They agreed to swap it, but it took about a month and several reminders before Simply, as they now were, sent out a replacement. Then I ordered two DVDs from Simply. One came right away, but the other took several weeks and when it came it contained scratched discs and was obviously a re-seal of a returned item. I emailed them twice without a response and then spent a fruitless 10 minutes hanging on their helpline without anyone answering. I couldn't even return it as a buyer return, because the only return address on the documentation was in Belgium! I had to claim my money back with PayPal. I won't use either Simply or MovieMail again, now that I know the sort of service I can expect."
Simply Home Entertainment is rated 3.40 based on 20 reviews