SheltaPod Reviews

of reviewers recommend SheltaPod
Lovely, versatile pod. Used as a tent attached to our little Portafold caravan. The only criticism was that the side’s didn’t meet with the edge of the caravan so when the wind rose we had to leave the pod as a separate tent otherwise the material would have been ripped to shreds, (this was at the Great Dorset Steam Fair in August 2018). Sadly not suitable for camping in high winds.
I have found the Sheltapod so easy to use and I am not an experienced camper. It's still in great condition despite use and nothing has broken. Highly recommended!
Thanks for the fantastic review! Happy camping!
I have been camping, driving a camper van for over 20 years and this is the best piece of gear I have ever purchased. The SheltaPod has obviously been designed by somebody that loves camping and this is reflected in every detail of the product.
Thank you for this fantastic review!
Really good, looks amazing, easy to put together and gives you that extra sleeping or living space.
Thanks Paul!
Excellent piece of kit, very versatile, it didn't leak a drop in heavy rain on our tour of France. My advice to anyone thinking of buying one is, buy one!
Thank you, Paul! You might be interested in our Affiliate Scheme so you can earn some cash by recommending SheltaPod - https://sheltapod.com/pages/join-our-affiliate-scheme
We have been watching sheltapod from the beginning and we’re waiting on the right colour. Daft I know. It came in grey for us and has been used on many trips. We love the versatility of sheltapod from canopy to sitting area to a bedroom. The parts are of excellent quality and I recommend this to many people. I love the fact that with one purchase you can have everything in one bag. Keep up the great work.
Thank you Su for a lovely review. You might be interested in our Affiliate Scheme so you can earn cash by recommending SheltaPod - https://sheltapod.com/pages/join-our-affiliate-scheme
A great lightweight awning that has lots of utility, be it a day at the beach or a weekend with the whole family. Our dog loves the outdoor/indoor living, as do the kids. The extra external bedroom has many uses. Looks great on the T6 also
Fab review, thank you!
Clever and flexible and portable, have used it as both campervan extension and tent
Great stuff, thank you!
We love the SheltaPod as an addition to our VW California. We love being able to offload our sporting kit including surfboards and body boards, as well as our BBQ. We use it for storage but also to provide shade, we've been lucky enough to travel when it's been very warm. The only downside is we love to have our awning extended with the SheltaPod attached. Some campsites don't like your awning this wide. The solution we've agreed with our favourite site, park the van across the pitch.
Hi Nicolas, good solution. It's best to book a jumbo site so you can spread yourselves out. Great to hear you are enjoying SheltaPod!
Absolutely superb, very versatile, light weight, compact and well made. I've recommended the Sheltapod to quite a few fellow campervanners who have stopped by to have a closer look and will continue to do so. (My wife has Yorkshire blood and even she agrees it was money well spent)
Haha! Great review, thanks John. You might be interested in our Affiliate Scheme so you can earn some cash for recommending SheltaPod - https://sheltapod.com/pages/join-our-affiliate-scheme
I have a high top Transit van and it is almost impossible to put up the SheltaPod on any kind of windy weather single handed. I had to fashion a new bracket to solve the problem.
Hi Theresa, sorry to hear you had difficulties with set up. It sounds like you have found a solution now so hopefully you are able to enjoy the SheltaPod and use it to its full potential.
we have enjoyed using our pod for the time we have had it
Lovely to hear! Happy camping and thanks for the review!
Does what it says on the tin, difficult to put up on your own.
Hi Trevor, thanks for the review. We are here to help so if you would like some advice and tips on putting up the SheltaPod then please drop us a line at info@sheltapod.com.
I love - it is very easy to put up - I did it with another person. It is spacious and airy and I love the windows and all the options.
Thanks for the review, Jennifer :)
Love this awning best I’ve ever had
Thanks for the 5*s Martin. Great to hear you are happy with your SheltaPod!
Not as useful as hoped, looking to sell it.
Sorry to hear that Sheltapod didn't meet your needs. Thanks for taking the time to review.
Fantastic addition to our van. Compact when stowed and flexible, functional, and attractive in use.
Thanks for reviewing :)
Quality product, would only wish accessories and additional items were more accessible to buy
Hi Steve, we have some accessories available on the website here - https://sheltapod.com/collections/accessories.

We also have lots of other spare parts in the warehouse so drop us a line at info@sheltapod.com if you can't find what you need on the website.
I've tried a few products to extend the living area of my '81 VW Westy. SheltaPod, is pretty good- a but cumbersome to set up for an overnight stop, and I am still learning. I think good value for money.
Thanks for reviewing, Paul. If we can help you with any aspects of the set up, please drop us a line at info@sheltapod.com.
I am really pleased with my Sheltapod, it does just what I wanted. It does not take up a lot of space in the van and is easy and quick to put up.
Thanks for reviewing, it's great to hear you're pleased with your purchase!
SheltaPod is rated 4.36 based on 152 reviews