SCS Reviews

15% of reviewers recommend SCS

How would you rate SCS?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

292 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
joan jenkins

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about SCS in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Joan Jenkins
Verified Reviewer
"the delivery driver mark @crew member Gwyn were the most helpful had to really work to get chair @sofa in they had to take it around the back @up and over a toilet+ they were superb .they went above and beyond .as a window had to come out a security light had to be moved ,nothing was to much trouble order number was 3404442"
"My mother purchased a 3 x 2 seater sofas on the 8 th October, she paid cash and was told they would be delivered the 18th December ready for Christmas. The furniture didn't arrive! They then said they had lost the furniture and it would need to be reordered and would be ready in the middle of February. Bear in mind my mother is severely disabled and was left over Christmas with no furniture and wasnt offered a replacement. The furniture eventually arrived on the 7 th Feb 2018 one was cream and one was brown!!! Now waiting for a refund which is proving horrendous and are getting fobbed off with excuses. I have never come across a firm like it in my life."
"I recently purchased fitted carpet for my living room and hall. The carpet is absolutely beautifully soft with deep pile and really classy looking. After fitting I noticed a measurement error in the hall carpet and went back to the store at Straiton, Edinburgh to speak to my original salesman to complain. He was very concerned. And really helpful, within 2 weeks of my complaint ScS has replaced the faulty hall carpet with a brand new carpet. It looks fabulous and I am very pleased with my purchase and the fitting and will definitely shop again at ScS and have no hesitation in recommending them to others."
"Very poor quality sofa. We have only had them some months and uncomfortable"
"very rude salesman of the store. put off for life."
"Well to start after getting a date for delivery I then disposed of my old sofa to then receive a call an hour later to be told there is a problem and will not be getting my sofas delivered. Not happy I persisted with emails and calls and after a week with no furniture I was granted use of a temporary one which was then delivered. Then told I would get a delivery to be be told actually it will be even longer! 15 weeks in total it has taken 4th November to 14th February for delivery. My sofas have arrived they look beautiful the delivery guys were great and and took the temp sofa with them although they had no idea they were supposed to do it. Let's see whether it lasts or is as good as it looks. Through all this I was offered a refund of my delivery fee £59 which I think is appalling considering the stress and upset this company has caused me. Would I buy from them again? No never the stress alone has caused untold health problems for me. I would not recommend this company at all unfortunately."
Angry From Plymouth
Unverified Reviewer
"Ordered sofa at xmas told delivery end feb or firts week of march waited seven weeks to be told wil be delivered 29th april .make your own mind up.a"
"Carpet worn after a few weeks. Said it is normal wear and tear only myself and husband and we are very careful with our home and belongings. It is the worst carpet I have ever had in 50 years as a home owner. I will never get another thing out of this shop. Now I know why the shop is so quiet wish I had known beforehand."
"Sofa one faulty,replacement faulty have to wait until March for inspected to come.then probably wait another six weeks,not good enough very inconvieniant"
John From Swansea
Verified Reviewer
"Waited three weeks for carpet, carpet fitter arrived this morning with the wrong colour carpet. Complained to SCS Swansea to be told the carpet we ordered 4 weeks ago is out of stock. Went to the store to speak to the manager who was very unhelpful and rude. He told us that this has never happened before, which we laughed at. He told us we could pick another carpet and pay the difference because they do not pay compensation. We are now with no carpet in two bedrooms, hall, stairs and landing thanks to SCS. Requested refund for carpets and sofa but was ignored and advised to come back tomorrow to see if we could have discount on the carpet but will be going for a refund and wont be leaving the store without it."
"Do not buy from ScS. I bought a four seater sofa from them that I was told (in front of a witness) was a new type of leather called ‘Endurance’. When I questioned what this actually was I was told it was leather mixed with a bond that made it 100% stronger than leather on it’s own. The leather peeled so quickly, I had an independent company in who tested the swatch and then the material that actually covers the sofa. Turns out that the swatch (the part that would be tested by insurance) is partial leather but the actual covering on the sofa isn’t. A total con and lie from ScS. I notice they are now advertising Endurance as ‘leather look’ rather than real leather as they were originally. I will be seeking legal advise."
"Where do I start?, appalling customer service, nobody will offer any help when things go wrong, my problem was with carpets, Ipswich store tell me the issue I had should be sorted by the fitters, the fitters tell me that it is a store issue, customer services were worst of all, put the phone down on me when due to total exasperation I raised my voice a little. If only I could make sure that nobody buys anything from this store ever."
"Will never purchase from SCS again, mis-sold insurance cover which I have now requested to be cancelled 5 times with no positive outcome. Customer service is shocking, they tell you any old rubbish to try keep you sweet. They offer no actual help with any issues you have and are avoiding cancelling my insurance policy at all costs!! I am paying £160 for something I never asked for and told the sales person I did not require. My sofa also arrived 2 months later than the date they told me it would be ready for, to which I had no proper explanation as to why. Each time I contacted them, they fobbed me off with something new. Do not buy from SCS, I am outraged at the money they have had out of me!!"
"We will never use SCS again following the most terrible customer service. I can forgive things going wrong (In our case the stuffing in one arm collapsed) BUT what is unforgivable is the disgraceful and uncaring customer service. A man turned up to view the damage and agreed that there was a problem and that he would submit a report. That was the last we heard of them. Several visits to the store brought no luck at all. Try asking for the name of a Senior Manager and you will get laughed out of the shop. Once they have your money that is the end of the relationship. Customer service phone line constantly engaged. Possibly the worst company I have had the misfortune to deal with. Horrible. I suspect the Directors are sitting smugly in their millionaire pads laughing at us suckers and whilst the company currently deliver a considerable EBITDA I suspect the wheels will fall off at some stage. You cannot continue to treat customers so shabbily."
"Stay away from this company. They are happy to take your money and from then onwards the problems begin. Any issues do not try going back to SCS to resolve as they do not want to know, and the staff who were once only too happy to take your business - they do not want to know or have the time of day for you. I was told in store that I was ‘wrong’ when querying why I had paid for items that were then not delivered. Apparently paying for items on an invoice does not mean anything. It means that SCS have taken your money but you do not get the product. I do not know where to turn to get a resolution as the I store manager was rude and unhelpful to me. Having read other reviews - no one else seems to have gotten far - even customers who have taken SCS to court. How does this company keep on trading with so many customers having such bad and appalling experiences."
"Like everyone else - it has been the most awful experience I have ever had with a retailer. Words cannot describe the ordeal which continues up to this month. I do agree SCS are quick to take your money and they do not want to know after that. One of the issues for me - I paid for items and even having paid for them with the confirmation invoice of payment I was told that the items I paid for as they had not been transcribed correctly onto another invoice by the surveyor that I had not paid for my items. So it means I will not be receiving the items I paid for in my delivery which did not turn up last week - which I’m told will come this week. I wait with baited breath!! I’m under the impression that when I pay for an item it’s means that it’s been bought!! It’s not my fault that SCS staff made an error but I’m the one who paid for items I’m not going to now receive!! How does that work!! The list of problems with SCS is too long to comment on. I have never had such rude, arrogant staff, and unprofessional and very poor customer service in my life. I regret the day I walked into ty SCS store in Hedge End. Like others have said I wish there was a zero rating - as 1 is too high a rating! Stay away from SCS. There are so many better, good quality, efficient retailers. Having read other reviews I see that going to the the Ombudsman and also complaining to SCS head office will do no good - as complaining in store does no good either."
"Salesman was very arrogant, made me feel stupid for asking a question about stock and for taking a picture of something I liked. This was today, Sat at 4.40pm. I walked out of the shop, will take my custom elsewhere where a warm welcome awaits."
"Stay away from this company. They have the worst custmoer service i have ever experienced. They delivered my sofa to the wrong address and blamed me for not being home. Told me they looked at the tracking and thst the drivers waited for 30 mins then took a photo if the house. This being a completely random house!! After caliing to ask when my sofa would be delivered i was laughed at on the phone told take i would not found out until the day of the next delivery what time it would arrice which could be anytime from 6am in thr morning until the redt of the day. After saying this was unacceptable they told mr to take the dsy off work. What a joke! These people are awful i will never return and i will tell everyone about this experience abd the absolute rudeness the staff have. Not once habe they even apologised for their stupid mistake"
"Staff at scs are rude and very abrupt sofa did not arrive in 6 weeks still waiting for delivery now do not purchase from these"
"DO NOT TOUCH THEM. I suggest to anyone buying from SCS to think again. They look good on the outside but if anything goes wrong they don't want to know. I don't know who is putting all the good reviews on Trustpilot but they bear no resemblance to the ones you see on here"
SCS is rated 1.61 based on 292 reviews