SCS Reviews

13% of reviewers recommend SCS

How would you rate SCS ?

"Don’t buy from scs they don’t care neither does the insurance company castalan I have been dealing with them for the past month and a half only to have one call back they are just disgusting steer clear at your peril ........"
Hannigan.james41@gmail.com
Unverified Reviewer
"everything"
"SCS were very happy to take our money (over £2200) but very quick to deny any responsibility for the problems caused by their carpet fitters, who were unable to install the carpet properly first time to the point that SCS have had to send out a new fitter to reinstall the living room carpet and it took four weeks to get the hall carpet finally laid. The fitters originally sent damaged doors, walls and skirting boards, refused to provide a receipt for the "work" they did £250 cash in hand if anyone from HMRC is reading this and SCS refused to accept any liabilty for sending these people into my home as they are "subcontractors and not our employees", my opinion is that if you send people on behalf of your company into someones home you have a responsibilty to make sure that they carry out the job properly. They blame the fitters, the fitters blame them (and refuse to return my calls and emails) my home is left in a state because of them both"
Vivienne Wilkes
Verified Reviewer
"Mark and Scott from 52DCoventry were excellent and very helpful"
"Worst experience ever. Bought sofas and got a booking for delivery and they never turn up neither call to inform me of any changes. I will never ever recommend them."
Nigel Whatmore
"Very good at selling and the delivery guys are spot on, I cannot fault the delivery. The problems are with getting issues rectified quickly. I've used them in the past and put the issues I had back then as a one off. But no, they still cant get a simple order correct. SCS appear not learn or willing to change processes. I had to email the CEO before things started to move, yet still needed constant pushing. They appear to not communicate with the manufacturers. It took over six months to resolve the issues. I was pretty patient, others would have returned the lot for a full refund. Sorry will not use or recommend SCS."
"ABSOLUTELY AWFUL COWBOY OPERATION ACTUALLY NO STAR RATING!!I ordered a sofa and two armchairs from the Broadstairs store in nov 2017 which took until January 2018 to arrive. It was faulty and returned and replaced with same brand which took a further 6 weeks. This was worse than the first set faulty again. The sofa was collected on the 19th May and no contact from the store re full refund of payments and the finance contract cancelled. I went in store after 1 week to complain they said they would email I kano bank and get back to me that day. They didn't get back to me. I phoned the store they said it's Ikano Bank that I need to talk to to cancel the finance and get a refund. I phoned Ikano Bank and they said its scs store that refunds as they pay them the whole finance up front they sent me a dispute letter. They were actually helpful and disappointed that they have been blamed for this mess. Meanwhile i contacted the store again and asked what was going on with the refund and to complain that they were still taking my DD payments. They said it would take a further 30 days to sort out. I received a letter from ikano bank saying that the finance has been refunded but they will continue to take dd and i still have not been refunded over £255 in dd payments. Yet I still don't have any furniture. So bad that I am planning to report them to trading standards. Absolutely awful treatment and no sincere apologies. No customer service, care or concern. Still ongoing AVOID AT ALL COST!!"
Alison Walker
Unverified Reviewer
"We placed an order for a chair 10 weeks ago. We were told it would only take 4 weeks, probably not that long, so we paid in full 500.00. Scs have promised to call back on 4 occasions with an update and have failed to do so. Their customer service is none existent. They've got our money and couldn't care less about our order. I would never recommend them."
"Ordered sofa and carpet to be delivered November carpet fitted ok sofa came they got it stuck in my front door delivery man leant on it and had his pack up then dragged it through the door great scratch on the door then dragged it through front room damaged newly decorated wallpaper great hole in sofa complaint got an assessor to come and inspect after numerous phone calls he admitted to all the damage and for me to get quotes for the damage and would preplace side waited 12 week for sofa submitted quotes rang numerous times sent numerous emails told it was all sorted and always say they will get back to me then no response rang again today told it will be another 10 days now before I get an answer constantly just get fobbed off"
"WOEFUL EXPERIENCE with SCS. Went into Gloucester store to price up sofas, carpets and laminate (a considerable sum we were willing to spend with the company.) Here is a brief overview of our experience: > store manager was on his phone, sat on sofas on two separate occasions not offering help > a sales staff was obnoxious - and despite us clearly asking for only a price, he continued with a full quote and then became irate when we reiterated that we only wanted prices ("I wouldn't have bothered writing this up if you had said"). > despite the above, the sale staff continued to quote for insurance and became even more hostile when I refused to sign a document. ""if you want commitment from us, we need commitment from you, so we need you to sign here".) > pressure to sign/ pseudo blackmail to sign something for a quote would be unethical, maybe? To highlight a breach of Data protection that occurred: After refusing to sign, we were then told that my personal information that the sales staff collected (whilst filling out what we thought was a pricing up, was then) would be left "somewhere here until we decided to commit". Please see below information from Article 5 from the new GDPR 2018 legislation breached by SCS: "[data should be...] (b) collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes; (c) adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;" When I emailed SCS complaints to ask if we could be directed to a store that will help us have a better experience they refused to help because our 'information was not on the system'. I highlighted the irony to their reply, to which I received another reply: 'I cant do anything with no information.' So in sum, terrible experience in shop, refusal to help when highlighted to the complaints, no acknowledgement for potential customers, and a frankly laughable dismissal of their own stores breaching GDPR guidelines."
"If i coukd give no stars, i would!!!! Customer service is shocking. My sofa arrived 2 months after the date we were expecting it, the only communication with regards to where our sofa was was us ringing and emailing for up dates. When the sofa finally arrived.....there was no bolts!!!! I rang to complain and the response i got from the man on the phone was ' its not my fault '!!! I have been passed around different departments , put on hold and then to the back of the waiting line ans my first apology was from the 5th person i spoke to. I have had my new sofa in my lounge in its cardboard for the last 2 weeks as no bolts and no where to store it. AVOID SCS. I am sending my sofa back and will be using a more reliable company, with no doubt better customer service skills!!!!"
"Now on my 3rd Abby love chair. Each time something different in just one year. I really want my settee taken away as it's so frustrating"
"Quality of so called top brand (Lazy boy) Sofa and chair is very poor,dont know who inspects or monitors the production but the brand name is very apt !.Filling of various parts eg foot rest pads ,arms and other padded areas is very uneven (probably made by sub contractors or untrained upholsterers.)Fabric is twisted in places as a woven in line that they could not even keep straight. The head office "quality" team just fob you off,technician agreed but said "They are all like this "you will need to keep on to head office (More or less saying they will never deal with complaints in a professional way ! how true) Dealing with the stores is like a throw back to the 60 & 70 s,hard sell grab your money ,staff product and warranty knowledge very poor.just out to sell and sell the expensive warranty add ons ! (Commission) Will never shop with this LOT again,and will now refer the matter to Trading Standards and Credit Card Company,no doubt the add on warranty will be worthless if we need it."
"Useless customer service and lying sales advisors. Strongly avoid if you want to avoid disappointment. Failed to deliver several times. Resulting on unpaid unproductive days off. Still no sofa!!!!"
"Waited all day so far & still waiting for carpet fitter! Utter useless, got a phone call at 3:20pm to say he is now leaving East London, we live in Mid Suffolk!!! Got another call just after 5pm to say he’ll be here at 7pm. All day waiting in for someone who couldnt be bothered to phone first thing in the morning to explain he’ll be late! Very unprofessional, & when i called SCS, they couldnt care less if id been waiting all day or all week. Bastards."
"Wish I could give zero stars, as one is one to many. Well ScS Sofas have done us proud .... NOT. Our leather sofa started to split on the piping (under 6m old), when they came out they said it needed a new cover on one of the chairs. Came out to fit the new cover .... wrong material. They then cut out a bit of the leather from the front of the chair, to get a match. Came out again and yes you guest it, wrong cover again. Cut another bit from the front of the chair. After 4/5 visits over 6 months, said it would be best to get a replacement or a refund. Went for a refund, as they are a nightmare to deal with, even the CEO or his office refuse to reply to emails. Ordered a new suite from another company 10/12 weeks till delivery. Told this to ScS Sofas (Watford, United Kingdom) and the managers answer was if you don't accept the refund now, we will withdraw the refund offer. Thank you ScS Sofas (Watford, United Kingdom) we are now using 2 beanbags and a small chair or dining room chairs or we bring in the garden furniture for the next 10 weeks or so."
"Only giving one because I can't give 0. Utterly horrific customer service. If you order a sofa from here expect long delays, short notice and limited delivery slots which they threaten to not give you your sofa if you can't accept the two work days they offer in a month, dude employees and a whole day wasted waiting on. Not worth it and I will never use SCS again. Firstly, stores cannot even match their own online prices. I was told blatantly that unless I was spending big money, they would take any money off even to only match their online prices. Nice to know that £1000 is chump change to them. I then had a member of staff threaten to cancel my order because I couldn't commit ahead of time to be available for any date in the week I was offered (delivery slot 7am til 7pm). I had to speak to his manager to stop him cancelling. I assume he wanted to cancel it because I didn't take out extra insurance or extras and it would look better on his targets if my order didn't exist. Then the delivery was delayed (no contact) and it took 10 weeks not 6-8. And then was offered only two days in the month they could deliver which I had to accept. I ended up needing to cancel loads of important meetings to accommodate them to take short notice holiday. All customer service contact was rude in the extreme. I was made to feel that they were doing me a favour, taking my money. Unbelievable from such a large company. I will never use SCS again and warn anyone thinking of buying from them to do the same."
"I can't give SCS a rating 1 out of 5 except - 10. Most unreliable company I've ever purchased from never again. Delivery dates booked an no items delivered. Twice. No call to say items not in warehouse. Just don't turn up. This company doesn't give a monkeys about the people spending money in there stores. A JOKE."
"Second time in 1 week that SCS have let me down with my carpet. Firstly it was damaged and i was informed the day before fitting that they were unable to attend despite them knowing on the Friday, i was then told i would have to wait a week for the fitting (today) I have now just received a phone call (the day of fitting) to say that the carpet fitter is unreliable and has broken down. I only want carpet! i had no issues with my sofa apart from the delivery driver of the first whom thought it appropriate to chuck said sofa and cushions in the back of his wagon! I went with SCS thinking i would have no issues, i wouldn't recommend for carpets what so ever."
"If I could give minus I would have please do not buy from these the quality is awful I could have made my sofa in my garden better quality I should have listened and gone dfs awful awful awful"
SCS is rated 1.54 based on 380 reviews