SCS Reviews

Categories:
Furniture
Home & Garden
Home Furnishing

Tell us how SCS made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Avg Email Response Time
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"I would never shop from scs. My sofas arrived 16 weeks after ordering after 2 months the springs started to break inside. They came to inspect and stated the works size springs were fitted. Scs orderd the springs which never arrived after 6 weeks. I had to write to the head office with a letter stating Time is of essence under the sales of goods act for them to sort there mess out. Guess what... they rang me 3 days later offering an exchange. I did manage to order a replacement. But would advise against purchasing anything from scs."
Are you SCS? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Ordered a suite, also bought a rug both to be delivered together. When I got the information about delivery, which I might add was delivered at 6.30 pm waited all day, thought I would mention the rug, was told it had been discontinued had no one told you ??. They then mentioned I could go in store and order another I declined, was refunded my money, now I will have to shop around 😕😕😕"
"Not a very happy customer. My suite was delivered last Thursday. Unfortunately the three seater wouldn't fit through the living room door. The delivery driver advised me to reject order. We then went to store and to cut a long story short were advised best option was for an independent upholsterer who they deal with to take off arm at a cost of £200.00 payable to him. Hopefully suite and upholsterer will arrive Friday and rebuild. I feel scs are selling sofas they know won't fit. We did say at time of purchase we thought it was too big to go through door. The salesman basically said if it was a standard door it would fit. At the end of the day we have been sitting on sunloungers so we had no option but to agree. Either way if we reselected another suite we would incur charges and have a 6 to 8 week wait."
"i went to the blackburn store and they give me false information about the sofas and when i asked them to change them they they were the right ones and they sent someone out to check and he said the same they are the right ones and he made a report saying everything is fine"
"Recently visited your store in Northampton. There are a few carpet places to choose from in the retail park there, so we were spoilt for choice as to where to buy our carpets from. I’ve worked in retail for over 30 years and was incredibly impressed with the service we received from Justin one of the managers there. He wasn’t too pushy, very polite, helpful, knowledgeable, professional. We were so impressed, we bought the carpet!!! Please give Justin the praise and recognition he deserves. We will look forward to visiting your shop for our next purchase and being served by Justin. Kind regards, Kath and Lee Great Billing"
"Goffy and Reg delivered my armchair to complete my order , which now is complete , overall it was a great experience dealing with SCS from the salesman Lee who was really very helpful and polite , this is the second time I have purchased from SCS and can honestly say will be back next time we need carpets or furniture , and with there 0% interest it's a no brainer , first class service ."
"Would never use SCS ever again ! Bought a corner sofa from scs, after a few months the leather started to come away from some of the seats. Contacted scs they sent someone out to inspect it., was classed as a fault with the leather so scs order us a new one. I had to keep phoning for updates as they never contacted me. After 12 weeks the new sofa was delivered and it was RIPPED. Again they order us a new sofa and guaranteed it would be delivered before Christmas, which it was not. Unhappy I complained to an area manager and was offered a good will gesture of £400. Had new sofa since 4th Jan 2019 and once aging the leather as started to come away. Scs once again inspected the sofa and it was again classed as a manafacturing fault with the leather. As there are no other sofas in SCS that will fit in our living room we have opted for a refund. We're now being told we can have our money back minus the £400 good will gesture. Shocking really. I haven't put this review before as I was giving scs the opportunity to rectify the issue, but seen as I've had no response from SCS I though I would leave this review. Please consider this review before you buy from SCS !"
"NOT HAPPY I went to scs on the 6th January 2019 found nice sofa with recliners plus 1 electric chair are delivery 13weeks 16 weeks later it turns up waited in all day last drop of day gets the chair in put the back on didn’t line up with the seat so gets the sofa of the lorry un packed it on the pavement out side and the sofa was snapped so waited 2half weeks for refund went up to shop to get my refund I paid cash so I want cash back manager says got no money every one pays by card not my problem after arguing for half hour the manger gets my cash refund so she is a LIAR"
"Sadly I failed to review their feedback until it was too late and I'm now repenting at leisure. I've had the same experience with the aftersales service. Despite being told I would have my sofa in 4 weeks, it will now be 7 to 8 weeks and they simply don't care. Just go elsewhere. You have been warned."
"Lied from the start the head office in Sunderland are very rude and don’t want to know. Avoid buying from this company"
"I was told my order would be delivered in 4-6 weeks from the purchase date of 20th March. On Friday 26th March I received a call to say they had arrived in the warehouse and The next available date for delivery was Friday 3rd May which I was fairly happy with. On Friday 3rd The delivery man called and said he was having trouble finding parking as there is a red route on the main road and his vehicle is too big to enter the estate as they feel they would have trouble reversing out. I did not see the vehicle but after going back and forth with the courier he advised Me to contact SCS to get the sofas redelivered in a smaller vehicle. When I contacted the distribution centre they said the next available date was 10 days later on the 13th May. At this point I was very frustrated as 10 days is a long time after waiting so long already. Anyway I received a call on Monday 13th from a driver to say he was on his way, I then used my initiative to ask if they were in a smaller vehicle as that was the issue before, he then said he was in a large vehicle, so he’ll give me a call back to see what was going on. Once he called me back he said he was going to deliver it to my local store who would then deliver it to me, after 3 calls to them, at 8pm I was told the delivery would not be going ahead. The following day I received a call, a colleague called and said that the store messed up , and the next Available day they could deliver was Wednesday 15th at 10am. On Wednesday 15th At 10.30am I called the DC again as I hadn’t received the sofa or a phone call to give me an update. The lady I spoke with said a courier was coming to collect it and that they would deliver it today. An hour later she called back and asked if I was aware I would need to pay £59 to the courier, I had already paid that fee back in March so NO was my answer, she explained that the store would refund me later. At this point my frustration levels had reached an all time high, I explained that I did not have £59 to give and they would need to sort something out, she then said the store would pay and the sofas would be with me soon. An hour and a half later the courier arrived. They attempted to bring the sofas in and said that it couldn’t fit through the door and I would need to pay £120 PER sofa for them to dismantle it and put it back together inside my home but it wasn’t possible to do today. So I still haven’t got the sofas 8 weeks later.I don’t think I would even use the company again!"
"Sales people in store very good and helpfull delivery date was given two men from delivery contractors arrived and informed bedroom window would have to come out as it would not go into hallway I asked two painters working local and they lifted it in. via the front door without taken any window out. Not happy with delvery team"
"Terrible in every single way you can think of. Do not shop with them, once they have their sale they could not care less about you. Lied to repeatedly and provided them with evidence of this but they still do not care."
"The staff member miscalculated the flooring, and so price (rectified amicably). Also did not put range of flooring on order so delaying by wrong flooring being delivered (correct one delivered). Preferred choice advised after out of stock. Incomplete 2nd delivery futhur delaying the fitting. Still do not have written order for the flooring actually supplied, as original out of stock for 6-7 weeks. Not a good, smooth service"
"Very good delivery service friendly staff"
"I had my La-z-Boy chair delivered today (13-5-2019) by the delivery (Driver Mark & Delivery Crew Joe) the service was first class. Phoned me giving time of delivery. This they achieved also very polite and helpful on setting up and explaining how to operate the Electric operation of the chair. Thanks Lads well Done Mr G Little"
"Great sofas great staff in store and great prices .went to scs in Doncaster made my purchase everything ran very smoothly and professionally delivery guys were great"
"I was told to wait in all day yesterday and the carpet didn’t turn up then I was told to wait today all day and have just rung them to be told it isn’t coming today again. Shockingly bad service"
"Good afternoon Sir/Madam, I have recently placed an order with SCS Doncaster and have had a really bad experience. Please see below time line of what has happened. I have condensed it for your reading. 21/03/2019 - Attended SCS Doncaster met with the sales person, chose a sofa, paid the deposit, left the store. A great experience polite and helpful staff and the sales lady advised if I paid the following week once I had been paid (28/03) the sofas as they are manufactured in England would be able to be delivered the 3rd week of April. 04/04/2019 - Contacted Doncaster SCS 25 times on the phone with no response. Contacted SCS Facebook Messenger instead to say i was struggling to get through and i recieved a response stating they would 'email the store for you and ask that someone contacts you'. I gave this information immediantly - never heard from the store. 08/04/2019 - Contacted SCS Facebook to find out when i would have a delivery date. SCS for the first time replied saying 'dont have a date to give you as yet the factory will advise i reckon you are looking at end of April/Early May. 23/04/2019 - I contacted SCS asking for an ETA as this was now the third week of April, the response back, 'your furniture is due into the DC on the 29th, you will get a call towards the end of the week to arrange a delivery'. 28/04/2019 - I have rang the store, the DC , and the head office by this point on multiple occasions and getting incredibly frustrated, i am then told on facebook by SCS 'we will only be able to book in your delivery once the stock is at the DC'. 30/04/2019 - I spoke to DC and they have said i will be waiting another MONTH. 30/04/2019 - SCS facebook 'i've emailed the store manager with your concerns/request to cancel to see if there is anything they can do for you'.. - STILL HEARD NOTHING BACK. 03/05/2019 - SCS Facebook 'just spoken to the store - the manufacturer had made a mistake and your sofa didn't make it onto the delivery. They have added it onto the delivery on Monday, you should recieve a call on Monday to arrange a delivery slot.' 06/05/2019 - No phone call received, spoke to SCS facebook and they asked for my number to call me to explain instead. He rang me and said that they had not manufactured my sofa yet so i was going to have a 3-4 week wait from the 6th. I asked to chase this up with the manufacturer as it's not good enough and SCS on the phone said they would do. Now, i have received a few messages off a girl called Hollie. Not very apologetic or willing to make some calls and help us get a sofa in our living room!!! The thing that has upset me most is we had a christening after party booked at our house for this weekend (11/05/2019) and we have had to cancel it and arrange a venue as there is nowhere for anybody to sit! An additional expense to us of £200 not to mention total inconvenience. Just to remind you also, we were promised the delivery by the instore sales person on the 3rd week of April so I had left plenty of time. Please, could somebody assist us in any way at all and just give us a date that we may receive this delivery, and if it isn't going to be in the next week, please allow us to cancel this order as I am upset, shocked, and unbelievably dissapointed with the whole experience. Best regards, Emily Mellor"
"WE have been waiting today it will be 15 weeks for a sofa l ordered in Jan .I have had no.phone call or help to say when we will get it . I think as everyone does it needs a discount for the time waited .The customer service is Nil .I will never shop there again .."
SCS is rated 1.54 based on 747 reviews