SCS Reviews

SCS have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers are happy with their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

13% of reviewers recommend SCS
1956 Review Views (past 24 hours)
1 New Reviews Written

Over a month
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week

How would you rate SCS ?

"Con merchants, absolutely dishonest sales sharks."
"The after care service is extremely poor. Purchased a carpet and it is not even 2years old and has begun to wear. When contacting them they advised looking at the pictures I sent that it was Heal and Toe damage as the carpet was on my stairs. Never had this problem in the past so asked for it to be inspected and even before they came out I received a letter saying the case was closed as it was heal and toe damage so called them. They apologised and advised they would be out to check it. We waited two months for the result only to get almost the same letter again. When the carpet was purchased we were assured it was good quality and hard wearing suitable for stairs. There are no children in the house just two adults so obviously poor quality."
"The lather on my 5,000.00 lazy boy is all baggy as they at it off the lorry, I return it away"
"DO NOT BUY FROM SCS. After about 6 month I noticed that the 3 seater which I paid £1800 for was sagging on one side. When the upholsterer came to assess the chair, before he even looked at it he started coming out with excuses about the sagging. I told him that as a single parent that I sat in the middle and my 3 year old sat either side when we sat on that seat. He then said that I could be telling him anything (basically calling me a liar), I aske if he was saying I was lying and his comment was ( I get told allsorts) . I obviously was not happy and asked if he thought that an £1800 chair should be in that condition after 6 month, which was not even used that often as I work full time and my son was at nursery 4 days a week. Again he replied with contempt saying that as soon as you sit on the seat the cushions sink and that he had 40 years experience. I told him I didn't care about his 40 years of experience and that it should not be in the condition it is already. When I received the report it said that the foam will soften in the first few months of normal use until they find their natural balance. This is quite normal and to be expected. Always ensure seats receive equal use. If this is the case, how come not 1 of any previous chairs (approx. 8) has sagged like this before, and this was the most expensive."
"Sofa less than 6mnth I’m required repair. This was done but took 6weeks. 7mnths later same again and another inspection the cushion covers replaced bottom only. Month later top ones going and bottom showing signs AGAIN. Honestly I work full time I’m NEVER really using it. Last sofa was 12yrs old. Honestly the worst purchase and customer service EVER!!"
"wish I could give them zero stars, they are useless DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY! go somewhere else more reliable."
"AVOID AT ALL COST!!! Total joke of a company! As soon as they have your business they favour new customers over you! Many promised phone calls back which never happened! Plus the guy actually missed 2 rooms when we gave him the floor plan of a new build house! Total joke! AVOID uddingston store!"
"Saul our salesman was very helpful gave us time and space to chose the right sofa. The carpets were also fitted efficiently on the day stated, the delivery team of Kieran and Nigel (Doncaster)were friendly and helped us position the furniture were we wanted it to go."
"Where do I start. Man in shop priced carpet on wrong measurements . Survery measured carpet which was sent to shop. Fitting date given, when fitter came to fit it he had the wrong measurements and was goin to put a join in it which we did not pay for. So off he went. After finally getting through to the scs store in slough was given another date a 12 days later. Another day lost from work . Rang the store and was told yes definatly being fitted today. After trying to ring the store for 3 hours finally got through and was told they wasn't coming. Was meant to get a call back from the shop after the man dealing with it was goin to speak to the manager to see if they could do anything for us but we are still waiting for that call. Fitter turned up today and told us he never even had the car pet the day before when it was meant to be fitted. Very unhappy customers."
"Excellent service from ordering to delivery Both settees delivered on time and good service by D Hagan and SDitch"
"If I could give 0 stars I would. Trust pilot is being used here because if the chance of winning your order. IT'S A BIG CON"
"Got new sofa saterday love is put recliner on the set tipped and hurt my back omg"
"Picked a carpet at Durham store , but because there were 2 different patterns we were delivered the wrong pattern , same colour . We only noticed as the fitters were finishing the lounge . Went straight back to the shop , they never had any samples of the carpet . We had to go to Sunderland store take photos of the 2 different patterns , go back to Durham .Got offered a replacement or £54 compensation. Got home got on the phone to customer service. Ended up keeping the carpet as they increased there offer to £150. Sorted Got back home , what a mess the carpet is , creases , ripples humps and bumps in every room .Told off the fitters to wait 2 weeks they would restreatch it , Got a garage full of furniture sleeping on the floor . Impossible to get them to come out . Never ever use SCS or the fitters again ."
"The gentleman who served me was very helpful and advised me on different settees helping me to choice the best one for my needs the delivery was very good the men were plesent and helpful"
"Arranged delivery to a different address. Filled out all the relevant paperwork. They contacted us regarding delivery. Now won't deliver to the address we need, as the man in the shop never completed the paperwork correctly. The only way we can resolve this is if we pop into the store, which is 15 miles away, and do it all over again. But then we will have to wait for another delivery date. Now we have to arrange our own delivery from the address we don't want, to the address we do! They messed it up, but it's our problem. The Southampton store will never get my business again."
"They made us feel welcome and comfortable why we were choosing a new suite would recommend this shop to everyone for quality and price as we are pensioner's we had a limit that we could go to and your sales man abdi from the fosse park leicestershire show room was very accomadating and with his managers help was able to get the suite we wanted within our price range therefore from us it's a big thumbs up Mr and"
"Bought 2 manual recliner chairs which were delivered end of April this year. Last week the framework on one broke. Called SCS who sent a technician. He said that the frame had snapped and he would order a new frame. He also said there was a spring missing from the front of the frame and did we have it. I said no. So he said oh it must have been missing when it was delivered!!! Got a letter saying that the new frame would be delivered in 5-7 weeks. Rang SCS and told them this was not acceptable. The girl kept repeating the same answer to everything I said, so much so I asked her was she reading from a sheet??? . Was told that as I hadn’t complained within 28 days I was only entitled to a repair. Then I rang the shop where it was purchased from and basically got told the same thing. I said to them that due to my husbands health he needs the recliner and was promptly told “let him use yours” so so angry and will never ever deal with them again. We were also hoodwinked into getting insurance and a care kit. Actually cancelled the insurance within the cooling off period as it’s not worth the paper it’s written on."
"Don’t give your money to this company. They’re a rip off. Took £76 off my mother for someone to come out and measure her hall and stairs. Told her she’d have to put down a deposit on a quote before they would entertain arranging a visit. Now after this visit the quote she was given of £300 odd pound has jumped to £790 odds. What a joke of a company then there’s £30 delivery charge and £100 fitting seriously. To top off this abysmal customer service they have added £30 for a care kit she didn’t ask for or want. Trading standards will be contacted as it is daylight robbery will NEVER use this farce of a company again. And will be advising friends and family to steer clear also."
"When we chose the carpet, we thought was good value at £9.99 metre, we were shown the underlays and as I did not want a bonded one, the one I chose was £9.99 per metre also. The fitters brought the underlay to fit and I noticed it was a bonded one, on looking on line the exact same underlay they have fitted is £2.87. Thanks SCS a lesson learned, prospective customers ask them to put your exact requirements on your order. Buyer beware. At 73 years old am still learning. We were pleased with the carpet fitters."
"With SCS ads everywhere on TV, it may be a good time to remind consumers of the risks they run when using the company’s outsourced fitting service. Earlier this year they sent us a shockingly bad fitter and it took ten weeks, four room clearances, untold emails and phone calls, plus three very tense store visits to get vinyl flooring which was fit for purpose. SCS think it’s OK that we had paid full price for this abysmal experience and refused any compensation. They cynically pointed us to the Retail ADR (ombudsman service), which duly ruled the company had met its obligations under the Consumer Rights Act. Pursuing the original fitter for his relatively small share of the total cost is just not worth it. So, please be aware – once they have your cash, SCS will try to wash their hands of you even if their recommended independent fitter is hopeless."
SCS is rated 1.56 based on 476 reviews