SCS Reviews

Categories:
Furniture
Home & Garden
Home Furnishing

Tell us how SCS made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a month
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
customer service
1 - 2 hours
Avg Email Response Time
"Wrong colour sofa delivered Do not buy from this place"
Are you SCS? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback SCS receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Scs made so many errors with my order, They miscalculated my quote by £500 even though my measurements were correct, they failed to order my carpets as they were left on someone’s desk for a week, I had to move into my new build without flooring as it delayed my fitting. gave me the incorrect price for vinyl laying and I only found out when the fitter arrived, didn’t order enough underlay for my laminate flooring so I had to purchase out of my own money, ordered the incorrect trims twice for my laminate so have ended up paying a fitter twice! took my money for a rug that was out of stock and took over a month to tell me. Customer service aftercare flooring team do not call you back, fail to resolve issues and are abrupt and hard to work with,"
"conduct was very unprofessional, impolite. We felt attitude was discriminating towards foreigners . lodged official complaint against Manager Bedford no response from customers service"
"After spending nearly 5 months trying to resolve a problem with a lazy boy chair purchased it is now nearly Christmas and I still have a chair which is thread bear and unsightly. Every step along the way SCS has not been interested in the problem and has been unable to provide accurate advice on how to get it repaired at further expense to us. Do not use SCS. The quality is poor and once they have your money they will tell you anything on the phone just to get rid of you! Do not be fooled by their concerned replies on these pages they lead nowhere"
"Awful company that has no interest in customer satisfaction. Had a carpet badly fitted 7 weeks ago, the surveyor stated that the joins must be lengthways across the room but the poorly trained fitters have put the joins widthways, they also scratched all the walls in fitting the carpet along with cracking plaster and splitting the skirting boards plus they snapped off the room’s door handle. Despite 6 telephone calls to SCS Kidderminster, a letter and email to the manager of this branch plus 2 calls to their head office they have arrogantly failed to call me to discuss what they are going to do the rectify these issues. Avoid this company they are very poor."
"SCS carpets Nottingham (the one near County ground) In store - a complete shambles - no-body knows what is going on, mixed up/ lost all initial paper work. Changed prices at every stroke. Delivery & installation - £136 for ONE room - didn't take the old carpet away and refused to tidy up afterwards leaving an 85 year old to clean up the mess behind them. - saying it wasn't part of their job. Black marks on a cream carpet! Spare bits of new carpet just dumped in the corner. Demanded cash in advance of installing, made a mess, gave NO Receipt - just grabbed the cash and left the mess. It's disgraceful & they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this appalling lack of "service?" Will never use this company again"
"Tried refusing paying for a refund even though they lost the carpet! Honestly guys I can't stress how bad this company is. Read the reviews this isn't your average bad company, they are awful and their young teenage staff will give you attitude and abuse if you complain to them."
"Spent £3500 on 2 lazy boy sofas . The gap on the middle of one is huge . Had someone out to “ access” it and as expected they are going to do nothing as it’s “ acceptable “ so one sofa has no gap the other a huge gap looks ridiculous . After care is an absolute joke ! Have always used Scs but never again !!"
"Bad service, bad communication, Lied to me, Fitter refused to install then they lost the carpet. 3-4 weeks latter I had to get a refund but wasted so much time in the process."
"Scs in Wakefield don’t even deserve one star, an absolute joke!! Ordered carpet in April 2018an still incomplete and were in dec 2018!! Sam the manager has been promoted an thinks he owns Wakefield and they don’t even have an area manager!! After care book appointments to come out to inspect and don’t even bother showing up!! Absolute money laundering twats! Staff take ur money don’t give receipts and prob pocket the money and accuse customers of not paying.. Plz Stay away from Wakefield Scs they a utter joke! If pound stretcher had carpets I’d trust theirs rather than a £55 sq mtr for a full house!! the customer service the roundabouts the lies the staff it’s terrible, as for the questions below they need to add months and YEARS coz I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s waited 8months for carpets"
"if you buy anything from scs please read your guarantee first its contents are not worth the paper its written on and if heaven for bid you do have a problem you will find the roundabout you are on goes on and on and they will still do nothing . we have the good fortune of buying a lay boy leather sofa from the mansfield store a fault in the leather started peeling off and we have been accused of over cleaning it what a story this journey has been up till now"
"Ordered a 3 seater in draylon type material. Within weeks 2 large white patches emerged on both seat pads. The inspector came and said it was natural fabric pile. It's so unsightly I have to cover it with a throw. Currently in the hands of an adjudicator and if unsuccessful I'll spend a few quid to take them to court. Bully boy tactics are no longer acceptable and neither is their shoddy furniture."
"Couldn't care less about you once they take your cash. Poor customer service. Terrible company and wish I'd never used them. Avoid at all costs!"
"My advise is to buy online as you can return for any reason, put yourself out and go into store you cannot return. We are now stuck with a sofa that is so hard we cannot sit on it we sit on the floor,the sales people tell us it will soften BUT WE CANT SIT ON IT. that's what we get for supporting for the high street."
"When i visited the store, in Giltbrook near Ikea, prior to placing my order they were falling over themselves to be helpful. once I placed my order it was a different story of non contact and calls not returned. Eventually I phoned up and agreed a fitting date which they later changed and never informed me. The carpets were subsequently fitted and have faults all over them. I do not want to deal with this company as again they promise to call me and fail to do so. I have asked for a full refund and they want to come and lift their carpets. I'm fine with that but feel if a contract is being rescinded that they should put me back in to the position I was in before the contract started. They need to lay my old carpets back which were of superior quality to the one they laid ! They are so unprofessional and even their manager cant seem to phone when he has made arrangements to. I would go with a local independent company in future as these big chains don't give a damn."
"Order sofa 6 weeks ago told it would arrive with in 6 weeks.so started calling them to see when it would be delivered.promised several times they would check and call back.on third call told that there had been an error and the email order had not been sent it was going to be another 8 weeks.manager not available.on line chat unable to help as store issue was given another number but voicemail with a promise to call back which still hasn't happened yet.sofa now not arriving until end of January and SCS won't talk to me.only buy from SCS if you want to waste your time and money .worst company/customer services ever"
"After spending almost £2000 on a suite I feel exasperated with the aftercare service team at Scs!!! Our suite is so hard,it has not relaxed at all. We were told by the manager of the Hedge End branch to invite ‘some fat friends round to sit on it’!!! We are still arguing with Scs after 12 months and are now contacting the ombudsman........ DO NOT PURCHASE from them..... shoddy furniture awful,unhelpful after sales!!!!!!!!"
"If It was possible to leave zero stars then I would of done. I bought a sofa from Scs in April which was over a thousand pound, last month in October it didn’t seem right as was sloping at the back, so Scs sent an technician out to inspect it, and apparently all the springs had come away from the main frame, and I was advised not to use this sofa or it will end up on the floor! Then for a month I have emailed and rang continuously, to be fobbed of every time, and get no corospondance from them! Eventually I’d had enough and said come and remove this sofa from my lounge that I’m not able to use and I want a refund, to be told I can’t have a refund,as it’s not there policy. Bearing in mind I have no children and live alone,so clearly this sofa is extremely poorly made, it’s acceptable for it to basically colapse and my only option is to have it repaired. I think it’s absolutely diabolical and there customer service is not existent. I advise everyone against buying furniture from them, and to check there policy’s before buying anything, as you may well be left with some no good scrap furniture in just over 6 months!"
"Terrible after sales service. Bought a sofa with removable covers and was told in the shop they could be washed. When washed all the zips broke. Was told by customer service they wouldn’t repair as I shouldn’t have washed them. Why have removable covers then??"
"In-store was ok Danny was helpful. Things started to go wrong on the Tuesday got a phone call saying that not enough carpet had been ordered so they added extra.,thought it was a bit odd but excepted it. Bare in mind that my husband was had given the right measurment when the carpets were fitted loads left over! !!!! The next day our sofa's were delivered? ???? Nightmare begins turns out they wouldn't go through the doors. Bare in mind that they had the measurements of our doors and we were not told that the sofa's we ordered were oversized (our home was built in the 1960's) rang the Bedford store only to be told not they fault. We were forced to pay to have the largest sofa arms removed to get into our home appalling after service from the store waiting for some of the money to be paid back. Having read some of the reviews i'm not holding my breath."
SCS is rated 1.56 based on 552 reviews