Scottish Power Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Scottish Power
Telephone

How would you rate Scottish Power ?

"Worst company ever useless customer service. I had 3 appointments to have meter changed no one turned up for any of them. When I left they said they owed me money but when I asked for it they said would take 6 weeks to investigate it to make sure I am owed it about 10 phone calls by me and 3 months later they decide I'm not owed it but only tell me when I ring up and been waiting for complaints department to ring and am still waiting even though they said would ring on certain day and time but that day has passed. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Glad I left."
"There useless and fraudulent,they have £1200 of my money and won't return it ,they keep asking for meter readings and then still no return of my money , and a repeated cycle,will not use them again"
"Awful company. Causing no end of stress by harassing me with demands for money which they have agreed I do not owe. Now threatening me with escalated action and a poor credit rating. They do not know what they are doing. Do not trust this company even if their prices seem competitive. They chase pensioners like me for hundreds of pounds hoping that I will pay up just to stop the harassment."
"Awful company. Two years of chasing to get a resolution to a problem with my GAS account that they never even took supply of. No call backs, zero empathy and to top it all off they then send me somebody else PID data (GDPR Personal Identifiable data). Took them 4 months to remove this.. Can they be trusted to keep your data safe and secure, in my opinion no.. I would stay clear if at all possible and use another supplier.. Worst experience i have ever had to erndure!!"
"Scottish Power sent Provider to fit smart meters for my electricity and gas. They left me with no gas and no electricity. A useless company and did not care one bit about the messs they left."
"They don't deserve one star! Have a current bill to pay with them, then I was told there's another £100 added on from last year which I was never told about! Now I've tried putting a complaint in and they don't have an account in my name. I simple can't deal with the stress at all! They are getting a penny from me at all?!"
"absolutely awful. sent my refund to somebody else bank account and would not admit their mistake. disgusting customer service. tricky sales people too"
"Worst company I have had the misfortune to deal with don't deserve 1 star.......... but they lie better than conveying solicitors do yourself a favour and go to Bulb"
"You are a feckless bunch of lying prats thank god I'm free from you now"
"Didn't want to even give them one star. Moved house to a property where Scottish Power was the supplier. They put me a on a standard tariff. I called to get quotes for new tariff and had my annual usage figures for gas and electric from my previous home, which was a bigger house. They wouldn't give me a quote on my actual usage previously because I was already an account holder with them and this meant the had to use the usage figures given by the 'Regulator'. This would have meant a significant price increase for me, even though I knew my usage was much less in a bigger house. The girl just could seem to understand that I didn't want to start off with a much higher D/D. Part of the reason for moving house was to save cost. I understand she couldn't change the rules but it was just futile of her to keep repeating the same line ad-verbatim. I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager. She said none was available. I'm leaving Scottish Power and moving to EDF."
"absolute shame that I had to even give them one star. Been trying to sort a direct debit out for 6months, ended up owing them £500 so they threatened me with action then accused us of cancelling the direct debits, then either said they couldn't hear me on the phone or just tried to keep increasing the direct debit from £50 to £200. What a set of absolute incompetent idiots and so so frustrating. Their customer service skills are completely NIL & the line managers run it like their own little empire. I am gobsmacked the conversations I have had to endure just to pay a bloody bill. They just want you to pay more whether you use it or not to get in credit with the users money, pure scam."
"has completely misspelled my name. no respect for their customers at all. completely ignorant and am cancelling the switch over as they are completely incompetent. highly offended by these sottish power employees."
"It seems your company exists soley to make peoples lives a misery!"
"AVOID THIS COMPANY!! We have been trying to set up a direct debit now for almost a YEAR! They said a direct debit MUST be set up, payments cannot be made manually, which is fine. Since last August we have been setting up payment plan after payment plan. Only to receieve constant letters through the door saying this month's payment hasn't been made and someone will visit my home if it continues. So i call up monthly, they apologise, re-set up my plan and on I go with my life.... only to next month recieve yet another letter and the process just starts over again. The staff are honestly the most incompetent bunch of idiots i have ever come across. They must have found a group of people that nobody else would offer a decent job to on this earth, and asked them to work for Scottish Power. Most of them don't even leave notes on the account. They promise things over the phone and then just pretend the call never happened as they probably won't be the ones dealing with it again. No idea how they are still running - oh yes because they also completely rob you!! I will be leaving very shortly."
"Digusting service from scottish power. Callum from the direct debit team hung up the phone after telling me my complaint wasnt valid when querying a bill Absolute crooks! Cant believe it is even a supplier they are worse than b.e.s!!! Conning people put of money with no explaination"
"Worst company ever. avoid"
"BAD! BAD! BAD!"
"NOBODY SHOULD USE THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY"
"I WOULDNT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE IF THEY WERE THE LAST COMPANY ON EARTH!"
"ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. THEY DO NOT EVEN DESERVE ANY RATING"
Scottish Power is rated 1.20 based on 83 reviews