Scottish Power Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Scottish Power

Tell us how Scottish Power made you happy

Over a week
"Absolutely terrible service!! The previous owners of our house were with SP, we changed providers and SP tried to charge us £250 for the switch over period - when the house was left empty during this time! We disputed the claim and it is still ongoing 5 months later, they send payment reminders completely unaware of the current dispute which should HOLD the payment until further notice. When you try and call SP it's a big waste of time, I have called 3 times over the past 2 days, each time lasting 1.5 hours. On the last call I requested a call back, I was quoted by an automated service between 1 and 1.5 hours, an automated service called me back after 2 hours! and I still remain on hold with more than enough time to write this review! Absolutely shocking service!!! Would NOT recommend!"
"Everything for switching to them and having to put up with them for the year. Bad customer service no one knows what they are talking about, everyone gives different and wrong information. Smart meter problems ive logged several complaints. Best option avoid"
"Scottish power are robbing liars and there is no customer services tin pot company"
"I have never experienced worse customer service in my life. I have been having issues with Scottish Power for the last 2.5 years. The only reason I'm still with them is because I can't leave until the problems have been resolved. I regularly have to contact them to chase as I never receive any response. I am trying to chase them to pay my bill! I regularly get told that they're sorting it but the process can take a couple of weeks. I give them more time than they say and call back and they are never able to give me a proper update. Either what they were doing 'didn't work' and they need to restart the process, or they are 'still working on it'. The second I resolve these issues I am leaving for another energy provider."
"Disappointing from start to finish .. had to get ombudsman involved to get fair play."
"Scottish power have to be the worst energy power company I have ever come across I moved into my new house in December 2018 there was dept left on both gas and electric metres when I moved in so I asked for key and card meters which was fine with them the due date came and my new gas one was fitted but my electric was not so they booked another appointment in anyway three failed appointments later it’s still not been done then I realised there was dept on the gas which was not mine they came took it off and I did not realise I would need new card so now may 2019 I have no gas more phone calls energy ombudsman because this is classed as unfair treatment"
"Abysmal. Worst supplier I have ever used. Inaccurate bills and refused to engage with me about this (despite emailing the CEO directly), multiple failures of engineer to arrive for arranged appointments and completely botched a smart meter fitting that led to erroneous billing and difficulty moving supplier. The result of all of this was bullying communications threatening court action for power I never used. 2 years later still waiting for acknowledgement / apology... Waiting in vain."
"I’m a landlord that has worked with all the big and most of the small energy suppliers in the U.K. I can easily say, Scottish Power is by far the WORST energy supplier in the U.K. I think their license to operate should be cancelled. I had so many issues, I don’t think this comment box will be big enough to explain. Whatever you do avoid them. I’m writing this review while waiting on the line for more than 1 hour to challenge an additional bill for a house that was empty at the entire period Scottish Power was the supplier and all the main Power was switched off and they charged me over £500+ for nothing! They are so fraudulent, I actually can not believe they are allowed to do business in this country. This call I’m still on hold of for is for the final bill they created from thin air and constantly chase me for payment (I’ve changed suppliers) and when you ring them back, you wait for 1 hour + with no answer. Absolutely & utterly the worst energy company in the U.K.!!"
"Scottish Power managed to block my swap to another provider with a letter headed Objection due to a £0.00 balance on my bill. They are without doubt the worst organisation I have come across. I have been ripped of for 3 years and then forced illegally to stay with them a month longer than intended. They are no better than a criminal organisation"
"Leaving after 10 years with them turned into a circus!!!!!"
"Worst company ever. The previous tenant in my rented apartment left an outstanding bill for £56. When I phoned in my meter readings they assured me I would not be charged. They recommended for my convenience that I could enter readings in online. When I did this, you guessed it, they took the £56 from me. When I called, the guy was rude and extremely snotty and said I had just used 3 times the amount of electricity I usually did. I emailed the complaints department twice, and my letting agent emailed them once, and got an automatic response saying I would hear from them in 5 days. That was 3 weeks ago and nothing, but today I get an email asking for my new meter readings like nothing has happened. Will be changing supplier first thing. Looks like I'm not the only one. Update; Now that's been four weeks, and I've had an estimated bill for £60 (it should be around £35) based off the one that was wrong, and still no answer from your complaints department or on here, who contacted me and said they would deal with it. Now I have to waste my time and money chasing your complaints department who have effectively stolen money from me."
"I wish there was option of not giving them a full star....they r a diagrace"
"Was forced to go with SP after EE went pop. They wont tell us if we were in credit with EE. Despite sending an email saying they were responsible for this credit they have also said its down to the receivers, after 7 months we will now be taking this to the ombudsman"
"Don't use them. They are terrible. Expensive and a prime example of why the EU is fckd. Bought by a Spanish company using EU funding they have turned a once great company into the most expensive worst run energy supplier you can imagine. And no they don't give a fck about their customers. Happy to fob us of with lies and excuses. Been waiting for someone to answer for 50fn minutes."
"Thief .fraud.avoid"
"When I joined Scottish power the ease of speaking with someone was fantastic. So much so when I switch to another supplier for a cheaper tariff, I switched back in 14 bays because The other provider was useless.. How Scottish power has changed.... Try and speak with someone and you need to allocate a whole day and even then, you might not get through.... Today 11/04/19 I've tried 6 times, everyone being on holdor over 29 minutes and still no joy... Time to say good buy."
"If you are fan of Deacon Blue then Scottish Power is the one for you, as you will hear them many times whilst waiting to get through on the phone. My own experiences being 30-40 minutes each time. Despite calls and e-mails my particular query and action requested was far from successful. After several weeks took the sensible option and changed supplier. Also much cheaper than SP. If want to retain your sanity, stay away. However if you like Deacon Blue, sign up. You”ll here your favourite music but probably end up too mad to appreciate what you are listening to."
"Totally useless and appalling company, I've paid my final bill and am still being threatened with debt collection and credit default!!! Never call back and never answer, how they are allowed to get away with trading is beyond me and I work for a utility!"
"worst company ever"
"Worst customer service in the world still waiting on call back after 3 weeks off to octopus energy"
Scottish Power is rated 1.19 based on 192 reviews