Scottish Power Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Scottish Power

How would you rate Scottish Power ?

Disgruntled Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"Digusting service from scottish power. Callum from the direct debit team hung up the phone after telling me my complaint wasnt valid when querying a bill Absolute crooks! Cant believe it is even a supplier they are worse than b.e.s!!! Conning people put of money with no explaination"
"Worst company ever. avoid"
"BAD! BAD! BAD!"
"NOBODY SHOULD USE THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY"
"I WOULDNT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE IF THEY WERE THE LAST COMPANY ON EARTH!"
"ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. THEY DO NOT EVEN DESERVE ANY RATING"
"TERRIBLE SERVICE! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. LIES! LIES! LIES! THREE YEARS OF WAITING FOR A COMPLAINT TO BE RESOLVED AND A METER TO BE CORRECTED ON THE SYSTEM FROM PREPAY TO CREDIT. BEEN LIED TO FOR THREE YEARS ABOUT HOW THE ISSUE IS BIN RESOLVED! I AM FED UP! VERY POOR SERVICE!"
"So hard to communicate with, tried to transfer to another company and it took 5 months over which we were unable to pay for any gas bills and Scottish Power didn't provide us with the necessary support and information during the switch. Now we've moved and have to pay an outstanding bill we've been unable to pay as the service over the phone and internet have both not worked. Haven't been able to reach customer service for two days, they threaten to send a bailiff if we didn't pay saying they sent us letters with the outstanding amount on which we never received. Our experience wasn't very poor but totally abysmal. My boyfriend is with them in a different flat his experience has been exactly the same and the only way he can communicate with them is through the dedicated department in his embassy."
"Absolutely dreadful company. When you speak to them , they say they will do something but instead they just pretend that the call or convo never took place. On several occassions there was an issue with trying to set up payments, at which point they assured me that while it was being fixed, they would put the payment on hold, instead. I receieved a letter demanding payment, spoke to them again, they apologised. Said they would put the account on hold while it was fixed, this time I got a letter from the debt collectors. At this point my frustration had reached new levels, I decided to change provider. When trying to change supplier they sent me a bill and requested that it be paid by a specific date or they would prevent the switch over. I paid the amount with a few days to spare, however they kept the objection on my account, so the new provider could not take over. I then contacted them again to enquire as why this was, they apologised, said they would put the fee on hold and put a "no objection" on my account. A month later and this still has not been done, my new provider cannot take over my power and they are tell me there is an objection the account due to the outstanding fee, that they promised they would sort. I do not recommend this supplier, they are the worst of the worst."
"WOULDNT EVEN GIVE THEM A 1 STAR!! first can I state me and my boyfriend NEVER once agreed to changed to Scottish power there was no contract, we signed nothing. An annoying little man on a stall in the town centre interrupted my boyfriend while on his break at work banging on about Scottish power with him being in a similar field he stupidly gave him the time of day rather than walking away and ignoring him being polite, the man went on to say he would give him a leaflet with information, again THERE WAS NO TALK OR AGREEMENT TO CHANGE TO SCOTTISH POWER he simply took the leaflet gave him the address and name and left we then recived a key and card which got put in the bin as we never wanted to switch my boyfriend was just being polite and letting the man explain the benefits of changing. So this was June 2017. We left the property in the November of that year. Then jan 2018 we got a letter saying we owe them 150 pound to which we responded how and why we have never agreed to be with yous our gas and electric was on a key and card and we binned there’s and didn’t stop using the original British Gas one. So we left it now we have a bailiff saying they are taking over the case and we now owe 250 because we didn’t tell them when we were leaving the property... WE WERE NEVER WITH SCOTTISH POWER THERE WAS NO AGREEMENT OR CONTRACT NOR WAS THERE ANY VERBAL AGREEMENT they claim they took over our card and key and apparently brisitsh gas knew about this regardless if they did we did not agree to this at all not once MY ADVICE AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAUGE. Scottish power you are a thieving corrupt company and your not getting a penny out of me :)"
"This despicable company rinsed me out of £2672 last year for gas and electricity before i finally changed supplier. Absolutely disgusting company. Like many energy firms, incomprehensible app and usage information which quite frankly is a bunch of numbers to justify stealing form you. There are so many better alternatives than these scumbags."
"Scottish Power have got to be the worst energy company ever moved into a new flat six weeks ago and still not set up gas account every time I ring get told something different and now they can't send out card for new meter and got absolutely terrible customer service they're a disgrace can't wait for my switch to another supplier advise everyone not to go with this company 😠 PS: only scored a 1 as no option to score 0"
Richard Moden
Verified Reviewer
"Customer service is on its knees, they are simply shocking...please avoid at all costs I certainly wish I’d avoided them..."
"worst company on planet , customer service worse than useless, countless calls, emails. mantra is customer wrong scottish power is correct. please consider before choosing your supplier."
"Scottish power wish I had not joined them got my bill in a mess saying I owed £1500 there about and took 2weeks to sort it out, I’ve only been with them 3 months since joining them and now they want me to pay £96 a month for a one bed room flat with just one storage heater in one room, I do not recommend enyone to join this company."
John
"They did not inform us we could get cheaper gas or electricity or up to 90 pounds a year savings not like our new supplier economy,energy top marks to our new supplier ."
"Customer service is appalling - if you can get thru in the first place you'll be lucky to get anyone to be natural, majority of staff sound like they are a 10 y-old reading a script. They don't appear to reply to emails or Recorded Delivery letters either - escalating to the Ombudsman - like others feel 1 star is actually over generous - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID - actually embarrassed to be Scottish - this company is a disgrace......"
"Useless in Energy industry....Incompetent, Unreliable, Dishonest."
"I am paying for the boiler care plus plan and i have been left without heating and hot water for 2 weeks. Customer service useless, signposting from one person to the other, for 5days. Never called back and i every time i was calling saying that i was expecting a phonecall i had to say everything from the beginning. And still no help! In the end, i had to pay someone else to come and sort it out. Why was i paying almost £20 per month? For nothing!"
"To sum up my time with Scottish Power so far (since October 2017): Two failed attempts to set up my account, with no one contacting me on either occasion to rectify the situation. Advised the wrong time on the phone for an electricity related job which resulted in it being missed One missed all-day gas job with no phone call until afterwards by the gas meter installer One gas-related job that didn’t go ahead because it had not actually been booked, despite one person booking it for me and then someone else confirming to me (but with a different timeslot) the day before when I phoned up to check Two promised call-backs that didn’t happen Lots and lots of time spent on hold and a bunch of days taken off work only for me to be stood up repeatedly. I am still waiting for my gas meter installed, and this is severely holding up other works going on with my flat. I just can’t wait for it to be over with, needless to say I will be swapping supplier immediately after!"
Scottish Power is rated 1.25 based on 69 reviews