Santander Reviews

44% of reviewers recommend Santander

How would you rate Santander?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

25 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Matt lightburn

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Santander in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Matt Lightburn
Unverified Reviewer
"Happy to shred customers credit ratings - good customer no idea why they did this. Terrible business avoid, avoid"
"I would give a minus score if i could. Rubbish for business banking. Their repeated errors meant that no one in my company was able to access our online current account for a month! They had completely ineffective ways of trying to address the problem. In the end we had to put all the money into a personal account so that we could pay suppliers, staff etc. Very unsympathetic to the challenges a small business has, totally inadequate processes and staff that just are not interested in sorting issues out! We are now in the process of switching to Barclays."
"Not really happy. Branch ok but still chasing Bond Cert as proof of my investment. I called 0800 number eventually called branch number but charged for the call. Very frustrating. I will not invest with them again if this is not sorted."
"I was attempting to buy a cheap item for completing a online survey Santander credit card security dept. stopped the payment which was double what I had ageed.thank you Santander security."
"It was easy to arrange but who knows if any insurance is any good till you try to claim"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Easy-to-use, online and clear to understand. Paperwork received within a couple of days. Happy customers."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"All fine with Santander no problems. Thanks to Go compare !"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"As with all insurances, you can never tell what you have bought until you make a claim, fortunately I did not have to claim so have no knowledge of whether the service and cover actually met the documents."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"I initially made a claim but had so many problems with the company sent to me that I withdrew the claim and ended up paying an independent company that was cheaper than my excess!"
Goran Karabar
Unverified Reviewer
"It's ok when things work fine but when they mess something up then there is no customer service that can help, their complaints team is rubbish and their customer service manager is giving me the same answer. What's the point having a complaints team and a customer service manager when they are giving me the same answer as the average Joe there?"
claims_experience
clear_communications
customer_service
easy_to_buy
providing_your_documents
"We made a claim to repair a garden path and wall after the severe storms in February 2014. I had to collate several quotations from the Landscape Gardeners, which was a long and painful process in itself. Having finally gathered this information and agreed the payout with the loss adjuster, I then waited a further three months for the final cheque. The loss adjuster made several excuses for the delay and even lied and told us he had submitted a report when he hadn't. In the end, we had to pay for the repairs from our savings because the cheque had failed to arrive on time. Very disappointing."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"Last May 2014 i withdrew £80,000 of my savings from Santander. For the past seven months i have beed trying to pay it back into MY OWN ACCOUNT. Santander refused to acept any payments INTO my own account. Writting to the Santander Complaints department is a complete waste of time as they ignore all my letters. The stress this compny has caused me is unbelievable. TODAY i have accepted defeat and withdrew all my money and closed my account. DO NOT have any dealings with this company unless you want a mental breakdown."
"Santander have quite possibly thee worst customer service I've ever experienced"
"Santander have quite possibly thee worst customer service I've ever seen"
"Santander, now I'd rate your service as 6. 2 out of the 4 people I've dealt with so far friendly & helpful, overall 4/5"
"I received great customer service from Santander."
Kirsty Kilmurry
Unverified Reviewer
"Santander's customer service was so dreadful today I've lost all faith. Will be complaining on every site out there."
"Santander cards customer service is awful, they didn't even understand me or try to solve my problem."
"Great customer service from Santander lost cards service."
Cheers Big Ears
Unverified Reviewer
"Santander customer service is actually amazing"
Santander is rated 2.80 based on 25 reviews