Santander Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Santander
09AM
9AM
Telephone

How would you rate Santander ?

"We are a company that took out finance for some vehicles with Santander and decided to sell the vehicles 14 months early before the finance was due to be completed. We expected to receive some discount for settling early, but this was insignificant. Santander effectively penalised the company £1,000 for each vehicle settled early. We appealed, but this has been turned down as it is not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act. I knew this was the case, but expected Sandtander to operate like the other banks we do business with. I found their behavior to be unreasonable and greedy. We will never use them again."
"They sent my card to the wrong address multiple times Lost my laptop insurance because of this Rude customer service workers. bad experience overall"
"Santander are unprofessional and just dont care. They make mistakes with regularity but dont have the infrastructure to deal with it. Their customer service is non existent and they are impossible to contact or deal with. There is no common sense in their business model, they have no understanding of their customers needs and refuse to change anything to meet them. Customer service is unsurprisingly always busy with huge waits...do they do this on purpose? They say they are open from 7am -9pm but this is not true. Their fraud service is only open during business hours, as is their complaints service...the same hours that anyone who is working is also busy and unable to use them!! The wait times during working hours are horrendous and when you do get an answer you will probably have to talk to other departments and face a wait again...on purpose?? My advice would be to choose another bank as dealing with Santander will drive you crazy. They are only a bank and others outperform them in every way. They just dont care!"
"Horrible experience. This bank tries to sell itself as a bank suitable for international students but it is not. They put a temporary block and finally closed my account for having money wired internationally( as a student), even after bringing them a bank statement of the sender as they had asked for. I had to literally cry infront of this old branch manager lady to get her to call the head office to release my money that i needed to pay my tuition fee. The old lady kept refusing and then finally caved in and made the arrangements. So it was possible to remove the hold on my account as they were able to give me my money back in the end but i have no idea why they had to make me go through a whole ordeal just for that. Customer service is the worst. Never bank with this bank."
"I opened a student account due to starting university and Santander offered a 1/3rd off rail card. That was actually useless as it was only accepted a couple of hours during the afternoon. Once I completed my degree they immediately removed my overdraft as apparently meeting their own deadlines and payments isn't good enough and insisted I pay it all off though I am currently looking for work. So now I am going to have a Default on my record because of these incompetent extortionists. As soon as I start working I will close my account, my partner will be shutting hers and moving her savings too. worse customer service than EA, avoid like the plague, go anywhere else"
"Stealing basterds they stole £127 off me they can all drop dead"
"NO LOYALTY WHATSOEVER - GREEDY MONEY GRABBING. Absolutely the worst bank to deal with. Having banked with Santander (in various guises) for OVER 30 YEARS, we have been treated like children when applying for a new mortgage and told we 'can't be trusted' !!! (Three other major high street lenders have approved us and by the way our Experian credit score falls into the 'Excellent' category). For the sake of TWO months Santander are going to charge us over £6,000 in early repayment fees for a position we feel they forced us into and there is no flexibility whatsoever. Staff are patronising and rude and don't want to do anything to help with or assess a situation on its own merits. No 'human' element to their thinking or decision process just a 'computer says' attitude. Not only will we be moving our mortgage we will also be moving our bank and savings accounts and will have nothing more to do with this awful Bank. Loyalty breeds loyalty .. I'm afraid Santander have NONE. Still I'm sure there'll be some nice fat bonuses and happy shareholders which is all that is at the (black) heart of this Bank."
"the are a great bank customer services are excellent always happy to help each time you go into the bank. Also on the phones again very helpful and always helps you with whatever your quiery is."
"Here to help? Been over 2 weeks my 15 years old sons account has been blocked not one single call received to sort out in my experience this is the worst bank for customer service. Not to mention the stress caused. Been told it takes 48hrs now been 16 days now that’s a joke."
"They discriminate against mothers with different surnames to their children."
"I can't give 0 so I have to give 1. Very bad customer service related to complaints.I never slected my credit card for paying back my cashbook and I believe it has taken by default while selecting the retailers. When I phoned them explaining everything they were like damn care about it and didn't even pay back my earned cashback saying it's not santander error.I believe Santander don't care about keeping customer happy and satisfied with there service. With one bank I reported theft of card and they were so sorry for it ,as a sorry and valued customer paid me £20.00 for nothing. I was very surprise to see the difference in service with other bank."
"Happy to shred customers credit ratings - good customer no idea why they did this. Terrible business avoid, avoid"
"I would give a minus score if i could. Rubbish for business banking. Their repeated errors meant that no one in my company was able to access our online current account for a month! They had completely ineffective ways of trying to address the problem. In the end we had to put all the money into a personal account so that we could pay suppliers, staff etc. Very unsympathetic to the challenges a small business has, totally inadequate processes and staff that just are not interested in sorting issues out! We are now in the process of switching to Barclays."
"Not really happy. Branch ok but still chasing Bond Cert as proof of my investment. I called 0800 number eventually called branch number but charged for the call. Very frustrating. I will not invest with them again if this is not sorted."
"I was attempting to buy a cheap item for completing a online survey Santander credit card security dept. stopped the payment which was double what I had ageed.thank you Santander security."
"It was easy to arrange but who knows if any insurance is any good till you try to claim"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Easy-to-use, online and clear to understand. Paperwork received within a couple of days. Happy customers."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"All fine with Santander no problems. Thanks to Go compare !"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"As with all insurances, you can never tell what you have bought until you make a claim, fortunately I did not have to claim so have no knowledge of whether the service and cover actually met the documents."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"I initially made a claim but had so many problems with the company sent to me that I withdrew the claim and ended up paying an independent company that was cheaper than my excess!"
Santander is rated 2.36 based on 36 reviews