Sainsbury's Reviews

Sainsbury's have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

53% of reviewers recommend Sainsbury's
6PM
6PM

Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd 33 Holborn

Categories:
Food & Drink
Groceries

How would you rate Sainsbury's ?

"Appalled. First shopping experience 13 October 2018. They couldn't supply a suitable alternative to fresh minced beef! But the killer is - I asked for a Charlie Bigham's ready meal and they supplied a different ready meal. It arrived on Saturday 5.30 and when I looked at it on Monday, it's Use By date had already passed! Not only that I'm logged in as an allergy sufferer and should get warnings if I try and buy something inappropriate. But hey, don't worry, just supply something loaded with lactose including raw unpasteurised milk! You might think I should have been more aware but as this was my first shopping experience with them I stupidly trusted them to take of my order appropriately! Never ever again will I trust my online grocery order with Sainsbury. Waitrose all the way for me from now on."
"I ordered my shopping online in August over the weekend and booked a 6.30 - 7.30pm delivery slot for the following Tuesday. By 9pm when my shopping had still not arrived I contacted the Customer Service Centre, who, after carrying out investigations, informed me that the driver was off sick, so my order had been cancelled. Which was news to me, as Sainsbury had not contacted me neither by phone (including a text) or e-mail. I was even more upset when I was told that the next earliest available slot was now Friday - ironically though, had I decided to go online to reorder and (re)book another (more expensive) delivery slot, I would have received my shopping the following day! It didn't stop there though. A day/two after my order should have been received my account was debited for the shopping that I did not receive; since then I have lost count how many e-mails have been going back and forward to customer services, including the Executive office, who I suspect are all the same. Who stated from the onset that the money could not be returned to my account , it would have to be refunded via cheque or a gift card. Which is strange as money has been returned/credited to my account before when I have not receive products or when I have not accepted substitute products. When I last contacted Customer Service I was told that Royal Mail tried to deliver the cheque, but I was not in so they left a card - what card!!. Also, why would the cheque (which is not for a large sum of money) need to be signed for?? Well I am still waiting for this reissued cheque to arrive for this ongoing situation, along with a £20 gift card that Sainsburys have 'kindly' issued for the inconvenience caused,for an issue that cannot be resolved nearly two months later!"
"Two failed grocery deliveries, both occasions we weren’t contacted and the customer service varies depending on who you speak to. The inconvenience has been huge! Tried to resolve this but have given up. Would not recommend their grocery delivery service to anyone!!!"
"On-line grocery shopping with Sainsbury’s is a total disaster. The website has glitches and often unable to log-in and book deliveries. The on-line help team and tech team are also useless, 30 mins each time on hold and then can’t work out why it’s not letting us place an order. Numerous promises of calls back once they have fixed the bug, but they never call or deal with the problem. Tried the Facebook messenger option, they are also useless and simply advised to call the same number I’ve called numerous times. Asked for a complaints telephone number and all they give me is the same number I keep ringing - it’s not a complaints line. Just signed up with Morrison’s now and will be doing weekly shop with them after being with Sainsbury’s for 15 years. Recommend avoid!!!"
"I was so pleased to find Sainsburys listened. The non sweetener lemonade is back. Wonderful"
"After I placed a huge order on Sainsbury´s Website (256 pounds!), they delivered the food to my student accomodation the next day. Several items were missing because the delivery man missed to hand out the last box of food (which I discovered after work). Apart from that he forgot a couple of crates at my place. I phoned the customer service to ask for a delivery of the missing items on the next day. The lovely Lady on the phone made clear, that I cannot get my food, that I paid for!!!, delivered, because I don´t have a UK phone number. Contact per E-Mail or picking up the items at a certain time and place was not possible either. After several minutes of discussion, I tried to point out that the driver needed to come anyways because of the forgotten crates. No chance! No customer service whatsoever! You certainly lost a customer here, Sainsbury´s!! Never will I ever shop there again…. They do have good quality food though.."
"Terrible service from Sainsbury’s online order department. I placed an order for click and collect, received confirmation and when I arrived to collect the order was incomplete. When I went to store to sort this out, there was no one on customer service, I called but the wait was so long! I placed another order, my order was confirmed but when I returned to collect, they changed my order for another product! I tried to sort out with customer service on the phone and got nowhere. Very poor service from Sainsbury’s"
"Ashton Under Lyne - Usually the staff here are really nice and friendly! However I spoke to a deputy manager called Dean today who was absolutely awful, such a bullish mentality and so rude! I can't believe that's how he treats people/customers and if that's the way he does treat the customers then I can't imagine how others would be treated i.g staff! So disgusted by the way the situation was handled by someone who absolutely does not represent the store or the company as a whole very well! Good job that the other members of staff seem to be customer focused and friendly people! Disappointed to say the least with how I've been treated by such a "manager"."
"Today I went to Sainsbury’s Eastbourne the third time in three weeks to purchase lacto free milk portions. I also found a shirt and another couple of items. Once again they were out of stock. I dealt with three different staff members who were totally disinterested not proactive and I had to interrupt one who ignored me and just carried on a personal conversation with her colleague who were also shopping! In the end I asked to speak to a manager it took two phone calls to find one and when Diana arrived she looked at me with total disinterest, I told her what had happened the lack of any form of proactive customer service she made excuses about staff sickness lack of recruitment but when I challenged her about the lack of customer service training she couldn’t give a reply. She looked and sounded totally uninterested. When I asked her what she was going to do to help me her reply was nothing as the items out of stock! With that I left all my shopping and went to Waitrose amazing they had the product in stock and it was cheaper! The set at the Eastbourne branch has been in decline for some time I truly believe it’s now reached an all time low, even the manager need some training !"
"Phenominally rubbish fresh home grocery delivery where you eitjer have 6 or 7 items missing or something with just 3 hours life left in it.They have absoulutely no idea of what a fresh home grocery delivery is."
"Online is a joke. They are constantly out of items. My delivery delivery today is missing 4. They replaced dill with flat leafed parsley, no brown mushrooms, no white wine and no chorizo. Sainsburys in New Barnet is even worse. They have recently got rid of lots of items so they could put an Argos store in the supermarket. So many things I used to buy are now gone. Argos has a great same day delivery. Why is it necessary to put a store in a supermarket?? I'm switching to Tesco or Asda next week!"
"On line shooping. I am 9months pregnant so I ordered online to avoid carrying with heavy bags to home. However, my shooping box was letf on the floor in the street, all items out of the bags, and the delivery person watching me dealing with the heavy stuff without offer any help, one by one, down and up. I was very upset, some mankind was expected."
"Sainsbury’s on line is a joke .Fruit and veg were disgusting,sell buy dates terrible will not return"
"Sainsburys New Barnet, Arrived just before 10a.m. , Fresh bread at the bakery was none existed, the section for loafs half full, empty sections where the spices are, however more importantly staff walking round changing shelf labels or whatever, my point is its not the place to aim for to shop, when Aldi opens maybe Sainsburys will close, as the management don't seem to care about the customers or tge staff."
"Yet again Sainsburys have stolen my money and are refusing to give it back. This time they won't even reply to me!"
"DO READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS! arranged an online shop and over 8 items I ordered we're substituted with much more expensive items increasing my bill by approx £40. When I phoned to complain, I was told the TERMS and conditions state Sainsburys can do this and charge the higher value for non food items. I will not be musings Sainsburys online shopping again."
"Really unhappy with the service and won't be ordering again. I ordered my childrens school uniform on the 14th of August. Took a while to arrive at the shop but i did go and collect last week. Anyway, i picked up and noticed the bag wasn't big enough to fit everything in as there was 14 items i had ordered. Opened it to find 3 items! I didnt leave the shop and went back to the collection point. They were really helpful and got me in contact with customer services who advised me that they would send me a form for me to send back and then they would process a refund and get the items to me before the 4th of september with FREE next day delivery. I filled the form in which i sent back via email straight away. I have been ringing all week to see what is going on, only to be told today that it will now take a further 3-5 working days to get the refund and then i have to pay for the next day delivery to then get refunded again! Lets face it, i won't have their school uniform in time . I am disgusted that these items have been paid for and TU have made an error which is now 'my problem' as i have to wait ! The items should have been sent back out to me without all this which is making me stressed! I even have the advice slip in which states 3 items and nothing about the other 11 items! I also asked to speak to a manager to be advised its a 24 hour callback... great... waiting AGAIN.... i am annoyed that this all cost me £70 and customer services just don't care ...."
"Having placed an online TU order a week ago for our grandchildren’s school uniform I have to say that I did not get the level service I had expected from Sainsbury which has discouraged me from ordering with you again. We chose the click and collect service as it was a large order and postage and packaging would have been more expensive. Having the grandchildren stay with us for a few days I had anticipated that their school uniforms would be ready for collection on your click and collect service whilst they were with us. However, this was not the case, even after waiting the maximum length of time 5 working days. Our grandchildren have now gone back home without their school uniform. Which now causes me a problem as they live quiet a distance away. I can’t express how very disappointed I am with your click and collect service. I would now like Sainsbury’s TU to pay for postage and packaging to have my grandchildren’s uniform re directed to thei home address."
"First time using them for delivery of groceries and the service was appalling. Cancelled our order and didn't tell us. Nothing on my account to say my order had been cancelled. Left with no food in the house for dinner or food the next day. Only found out it was cancelled when I called asking where the delivery was, response was a £5 voucher...like I'm going to shop there. Avoid using at all costs."
"Fantastic quality clothes and shoes good value for money"
Sainsbury's is rated 3.19 based on 508 reviews