Sainsbury's Reviews

Sainsbury's have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

54% of reviewers recommend Sainsbury's

How would you rate Sainsbury's ?

"After a number of years using Sainsburys delivery I must say recently the standard of the fresh food has gone down and sell by dates are a joke! Smoked haddock use by date the date of delivery, yellow broccoli, rotting strawberries and pears which were in with tins and they had cuts and bruising. Yes I have an evoucher but no goods to eat. The delivery drivers are always friendly and helpful but the shoppers seem to be getting rid of the old stock on delivery customers. I will continue using the delivery for heavy items but no fresh food which I will obtain elsewhere."
"Place order for steam generator for £93 and driver try to deliver £5 iron. What the he'll wrong with this miserable company. Still waiting for refund even I refuse delivery"
"I live in Loughton, Essex and have been using this service for many years. I have a delivery about once every 10 day's. The delivery drivers are always really nice, the order usually has few substitutes if any, and I have no complaints - can not say the same of Waitrose!!!"
"Drivers are muppets they don't check there mirrors.my car got hit buy a home delivery van outside of a school at drop off time.the back door swung open hltting my car.i managed to catch him.he never once checked his mirrors or he would've seen me flashing.becouse I've no dash cam his word against mine I can't claim.sainsburys you've lost a good customer"
"Rude drivers, strange objects in my beans, damaged goods, lack of stock, late deliveries, over priced food. You name it"
"Ordered online grocery shop 8pm till 9pm not delivered by 9.30pm phoned them up to be told they couldn't deliver and no slots for 2 days without giving me a call"
"Excellent online delivery service. My review is for Sainsburys strawberry ice cream cornets which I did not enjoy, however I recommend their chocolate ice cream cornets topped with nuts and shall be buying more."
"On 10th July I bought Sainsbury’s own potatoes as replacement for king Edwards (they had run out). Opened them tonight 11th July They are sprouting. Shop there a lot and wouldn’t expect them to sprout now they were due up on 11th. But they shouldn’t sprout now."
"Things go wrong and that's fine but sooo many times with Sainsbury's. So far it's been online shopping, their sandwiches have no filling and their credit card department is another absolute fail. They just don't seem to care!"
"My review is for Arm & Hammer Simply Natural Toothpaste. Lovely fresh minty taste, left my teeth feeling really clean and smooth. Give it a try"
"I ordered a large grocery order for home delivery. I have broken three metatarsals so I'm in plaster and can no longer get out and about to shop for myself, so I was relying on Sainsbury's to deliver important groceries. This was my fourth or fifth order online and it didn't even o cut to me there would be any problems....oh how naive of me! As my one hour deliver slot came - and went - I contacted Sainsbury's to find out what had happened. Eventually after almost an hour on live chat, I was told that the driver couldn't find my house so had simply given up and returned my order to store - in fact I was told it was my own fault as 'apparently' I hadn't put a telephone number on my account!! I was even told my home wasn't on Google maps - yet when I checked there are a few sites that clearly show where my home is. Iwas incredulous - so continued to question the customer services rep, and it was revealed they'd had a driver problem that morning. There was no offer to resolve the problem, or any mention of compensation. Very unimpressed and disappointed in Sainsbury's. I insisted that the delivery be made that same day...which eventually was agreed to. To-date, almost three days after i complained in writing, I still haven't had a response from Sainsbury's. Not good enough, and I expected better from Sainsbury's."
"rude staff"
"I ordered 12 mozerla stick but they sent me instead macaroni cheese with bacon bit. I usullay don't check.my receipts, I was horrified I ate the bacon without knowing. I am a practicing muslim and it's forrbiedn for me to eat bacon. I am very upset and angry and I am thinking to sue Sainsburys . I am a regular customer of Sainsburys and I only buy halal products. I even ordered halal chicken and halal kabab. So how come they give me bacon instead of the cheese. Pls check your receipt every time you buy from them otherwise you will be i. The same position. Very upset and dissapointed customer."
"I've got nothing to say."
"This was my first time getting a home delivery with Sainsbury's, I ordered all fresh veg and meat. As I was unpacking I started to realise the best before dates, ALL my veg and fresh meat was either out of date that day or the day after and I under stand the veg will always last a little longer but I've had to chuck away loads of meat because I haven't had room in the freezer. I won't ever order from here again it's a absolute p*ss take! I've also tried to contact them to get refunded even if I had to bring the stuff back myself, but there was no interest in helping."
"Good range of products and value for money I buy from Sainsbury's quiet often and I also have a necter card that also allows me to gain points from other sources eg eBay the staff are very friendly and helpful wide range of products from vegetables to music cd,s & dvd,s Car parking is excellent with plenty of disabled spaces given that I am disabled so 10out of 10 for that .all in all a excellent supermarket"
"Excellent customer service. Very polite and respectful delivery driver. I want to give feedback on the taste the difference Victoria sponge cake. Why do supermarket cakes insist on overdosing us with sugar? It tastes no different from any cheap shop-bought cake with its sickly sweet dry sponge and drying sinthetic vanilla. Three mouthfuls and it's in the bin. Awful."
"Things are good and reasonable"
"Not the cheapest but generally very quick at checkouts."
"This is a review for Arm & Hammer Natural toothpaste with baking soda, I would highly recommend this toothpaste, it cleans and freshens your breath all by using natural ingredients."
Sainsbury's is rated 3.26 based on 485 reviews