Saga Home Insurance Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Saga Home Insurance

How would you rate Saga Home Insurance?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

8 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
M. Harvey

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Saga Home Insurance in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"This happened in 2006/7. First time I have come across this review site so things may be different now. Had a burst pipe in kitchen that went unnoticed for several months as it was under kitchen units and vinolay. Base of very expensive hand made units were all damaged beyond repair. The assessor claimed the doors could be rehung on off the shelf carcasses in spite of four independent quality kitchen fitters and makers saying the doors were not a standard size and would overhang at the base. It took twelve months to finally resolve the situation after threating to go the ombudsman, and all this time we had trench across the kitchen floor where we had to dig it up to find the leak."
"Saga Home Insurance trade under the reputation of Saga, that trusted brand name for the greying over 50s generation ... that's me nowadays! We're mature and smarter, we're savvy shoppers, we believe in value for money. Ha, and don't they just know it. So the brochures look great, the bullet pointed benefits seemingly have most things covered, the website's slick ... all designed to get your valuable grey pound. But hey? What's this? Has anybody ever heard of the insurance companies they are actually just fronting up? I certainly hadn't when it came to make a claim. The first mention of the Insurance company came when their Loss Adjuster sent a 'rejection of claim' letter to me! Ah well, I'm a mature guy as Saga quite obviously know, I can take a 'knock on the chin' better than most, got enough grey pounds now to keep myself fed and watered. Thank heavens I've learned my lesson before any real life threatening calamity befell my family and I. Don't be fooled you good folk out there ... Saga are a mean-hearted business, just trying to make easy profits out of their brand strength from the Buildings insurance business .. AVOID"
"Biggest scam ever experienced. Took out their insurance for home emergency. Very quick to take your money. But when it came time for a claim, they stepped back and pleaded ignorance, claiming that a third party uses their name and provides the services and thus they are unable to assist. Third party turns out to be none other than the AA and they turned out to be just as devious as SAGA and started delaying tactics then sending their inspector 10 months later, to be told the emergency leak was to be paid for. Now SAGA, have played a cunning ploy. The same home home emergency policy can only be taken in conjunction with a SAGA home insurance policy. Double slam dunk by SAGA. Thank you SAGA, thank you for robbing elderly customers of their hard earned income and delivering ZILCH."
"no roofing cover with my policy after a £60.00 increase in 2years"
David Mansworth
Unverified Reviewer
"Unless there are two totally different companies trading as SAGA, then you should look long & hard at SAGA and think before taking any insurance out with them. They are only agents and although work hand in Glove with the insurance companies they pass all responsibility and basically shaft the customer when assistance is needed. as below explains; . After many years with SAGA. I like so many reviews here found them to be good for price. Alas that should raise several warning bells. as after many (over 11) claim free years (40 years driving) the following happened. I experienced a incident last year where a van caused a crash for cash incident. No damage to me but presented a many thousand £ claim. And despite my first reporting to Police and fully detailing matter to SAGA. (but not making any claim as the 30mm paint chip to my N/S bumper corner/edge was not worth claiming & marking record for) Providing police report and all letters to & from, and also to their insurers AXA Insurance LTD (SAGA are only agents they don't insure you) they increased my insurance by over 50% (£100+) and reduced my NCB this despite it being totally claim free & 11years protected. Which I paid extra to protect NCB. Now left saga and they have left the penalty to file. and despite many many requests they wont correct file blaming Axa Insurance & they in turn passing the proverbial bat back to SAGA. leaving the scammer richer by thousands & me penalized by marked NCB file Although I never made any claim on the policy, they still increased.and marked NCB file. Beware when insuring with saga !!! .Avoid SAGA and AXA Insurance. . I bet they won't publish this review."
"I recently took out Saga Home insurance to start on 5 July 2017 policy no. 992558257. The premier policy included home and heating emergency cover plus an annual boiler service. An email letter from Saga dated 30 June 2017 advised me to contact 'phone no. 08000271342 to arrange the boiler service. I rang the number and was told to call the correct number 08000923288 which I did only to be told that this was not the correct number, I in fact need to call 03300241259. As it was I was transferred by the operator on the previous wrong number however the new operator advised me that she did not deal with boiler service and I need to call 08009047509. By this time I was somewhat fed up, to put it mildly and was on the point of cancelling the policy. But not one to yield to corporate inefficiency I spotted another number on the Saga letter that dealt with 'any queries concerning your policy' I called this number (08000569051) explained to the operator the above frustrations to which she said 'no worries' a statement I was forced to disagree with, and said she would contact Axa. After several minutes the operator got back to me and confirmed that incorrect information was in the original letter and Axa had the boiler service booking and would soon contact me. This unnecessary shambles should not have occurred, it has left me in a position wondering if I have made the right decision in choosing Saga to insure my house and property."
"Obtaining the insurance was quick and easy on the Go Compare site and got what I considered a good deal. About a month after setting it up, I moved house just 8 miles to a very similar area and when I tried to change my address they told me my premium would increase by close to 90%. I couldn't believe it at first so called them. They looked into it and the person who called me back also couldn't believe it, but said there was nothing they could do about it because they had no or little risk information about my new home location. I cancelled the policy and found the same insurance with Admiral for a price within 3% of the cost of my original policy with Saga."
"Bought comparable cover for approx. £120 cheaper. Were told (by Liam) we could get a pro-rata refund for home insurance if cancelled within 14 days. but when we did we were also charged £20 admin fee!"
Saga Home Insurance is rated 1.13 based on 8 reviews