Row.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Row.co.uk
customer service
Read Row.co.uk Reviews

customerservices@row.co.uk

Tell us how Row.co.uk made you happy
Be careful what you sign up for,l signed up them on the 21 April 2017 and wanted to claim on the 2nd of June for accidental washing machine and they told me the claim hasn't started, you can even claim over phone and very hard to do online. The next button does not move to finished the claim.
Hi Cynthia, sorry to hear you had IT problems when claiming online. Our UK based customer services can be reached on 0844 318 6870 to help you with this.
Waited for the box to be delivered so I could post my phone to get fixed. Two weeks later still no box. Rang them up and was told that no one actually posted the box. Finally received the box. Posted it on Monday through their dedicated couriers but apparently they only received it on Thursday. It's been a week now without a phone and still nothing. If I knew this was gonna be the case before taking the policy out I would of looked elsewhere. I once claimed on o2 insurance a couple of years back, although insurance was more expensive I had my phone back within days. Cheap bairns pay twice I guess! Won't be staying with row once I get my phone back (if I ever will in this pace...) they only seem to care about how much you need your phone if it's stolen, lost or damaged beyond repair... because then you get a replacement within 24hrs. Who cares about everyone else's claims. Maybe consider losing your phone before claiming!! One good thing - customer service advisors seem to be nice.
Hi, sorry to hear of your experience. This is currently being investigated internally as these sort of delays should not occur. We are pleased to hear you received a friendly service from our customer advisors.
Terrible service when you make a claim they'll try and catch you out with anything eventually will pay out but they don't half make out that your the criminal.
Hi, we're sorry to hear you feel this way. We do not try to catch out our customers, we just ensure that claims are in line with our terms & conditions. This way everyone is treated equally and fairly, meaning we can keep our premiums as low as possible.
Insured a TV with ROW after moving it all space of 5 meters accidentally clipped the door would think this was covered under accidental damage... apparently not the reason I was given should of moved it with two people so if you live on your own don't bother in fact don't bother at all.
I have been with row for over one year and when I actually needed them it took 3 days for them to email me back for me to send proof of purchase and so on which I did and since then nothing it's been a week so I cancelled my direct debit and guess what I get a phone call not about my claim but about why I stopped my direct debit don't waste your money they are rubbish
Hi, thank you for being a customer and sorry to hear you feel this way regarding your claim. On receiving your claim form we immediately sent out an email with the instructions for how to proceed. Over the week we sent a further 3 emails requesting information but unfortunately did not hear back from you. We are sorry to see you go.
Report my tablet smashed it's taken 5 weeks and it's still not fixed. Awful company and customer service. Because I claimed in the first 3 months the excess was 1 and half times plus all premiums in advance. Hopefully being picked up tomorrow. Avoid like the Mother in law!!
After getting a phone as gift, then subsequently paying my insurance every month for three years. ROW wouldn't even look into fixing my phone due to the fact I couldn't provide the receipt (from three years ago - if that is company policy why do they not ask for that when you take the agreement out?!) - they said this was mentioned in the initial documents but I cannot remember receiving those otherwise I would not have continued to pay them!! I wasn't asking for a new phone, just for my battery to be replaced - I ended up paying more in insurance than what the phone was worth. Absolutely appalling. Very unhelpful, rude staff members when I did try to cancel. Would never take out anything with you again nor would I recommend you to anyone.
Hi Natalie, we're sorry to read your review. As with the majority of product insurance companies, we do require a proof of purchase when making a claim. We understand this can be frustrating and do encourage customers to send us a copy when the policy is taken out. It's unfortunate we couldn't help on this occasion and we're sorry to see you go.
Poor communication, False claims on website, avoid at all costs.
Sorry to hear you are not happy with the service, despite your successful claim saving you over £970 in getting a replacement. We take your comments about false claims on our website very seriously, especially as an FCA regulated business. Please do get in contact so we can look into this.
took two payments in one month then took over 1 hour on 3 calls to sort out only to be told that I would get a refund by cheque. BUT 6 weeks later still waiting... YOU cant pay by cheque BUT they can ???? and guess what they did not pay :( policy now cancelled. my advice to anyone using this company CHECK your statements
Hello Mr Oaks, we're sorry to see you go. Due to a system error a very small number of customers were charged twice. We made all affected customers aware of this mistake and informed that refunds would be made by cheque as soon as possible. If you need any clarification please don't hesitate to call us on 0844 318 6870.
Refused to pay out on claim and took 6 weeks for the decision
Hi Carl, we're sorry to read your review. We aim to always pay out but unfortunately this particular claim fell outside of our terms and conditions. We apologise that this claim took a lot longer than usual due to a delay in important documents being received. A Manager is due to call you today regarding your experience.
I would rate them a zero I have just looked into taking court action against them. Made the mistake of paying up front.
Horrible services. I payed years. They not accepting my insurance because I bought insurance after a year from purchased. Not for a lost. Becerfull whatbyou buing
Please do not sign up with this insurance coming if you do not want to fight a losing battle. I have never claimed on insurance before but few weeks back I lost my phone and I did what was needed. I was then asked to send proof of purchase and usage and Itemised bills(I found this odd), which I believe were standard stuff. I was then asked to register the phone lost with “ReportMyLost”, which I did. Then they started asking for all sorts. The worst was them asking me to send the picture of my "pocket" were the phone was. I was shocked. I took out phones for my sister and my friend and I was grilled for this like I committed a crime. These phone were on the bills sent to them, I told them if it was a crime to do that I wouldn't have and they can call the network providers to find out, if the bills were being paid or not. I was told they might need the details of the people I got the other phones for because they did know why I have 3 phones under my name. I told them I wasn't claiming for those phones but the S7 that was lost and what business of theirs was it anyway. I got everything they needed relating to the lost phone. The treatment was so degrading. I will never ever use or recommend the company to anyone. I was asked how many bags was I carrying on the day the phone was lost I explained to them like I previously did, I had few shopping bags and my back pack and the reason I put the phone in my pocket. I was asked how many kilometre or mile the journey was, crazy question. I just thought I was wasting my time and cancelled the policy to save money and buy another phone for myself. I was asked to send the picture of inside of the pocket again to see how dip it was. The whole thing was stressful going to a month I couldn't carry on. If I knew they were this bad I wouldn’t have crossed their path but all the review you read on their site is about how easy it is to access but not about how they give you hell when you claim. I don’t know if they filter the reviews.
Hello, we're sorry to hear you feel this way. We endeavour to make our claims process as simple and quick as possible, so appreciate your feedback. We did not intend to make you feel like a criminal and understand your frustration with your claim experience. Our questioning and required documentation is necessary in order to protect our current and future customers. Again, we're sorry to hear of your negative experience and if we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call us free on 0844 318 6870.
Customer service team trying everything in their power to deny my claim, they took money out of my account early and tried to cancel my policy. I took the policy out in October and made a claim in December, they told me this concerned them as i made a claim only a month after purchasing there service- absolutely ridiculous (especially when they have a 14 day no claim policy) . Had taken them until February to tell me my claim was denied - over three months waiting!! Paying for a service which they do not provide.
Sorry to hear you have not received the experience you expected. If you would like to discuss in more detail our Customer Services team will be happy to take your call on 0844 318 6870
Had a terrible time trying to get my dishwasher repaired. I feel that the insurance was misrepresented to me when I bought it. I was not told I would have to pay an excess or the remaining years worth of premium before it would be repaired (an excess for a repair?). I was made to feel like a liar when trying to get a repair and they seemed to want to put every obstacle in my way. In the end I gave up and just bought a new dishwasher. Avoid like the plague!
Hi, we're sorry you feel this way. We aim to be as transparent as possible in regards to excess, and although it can be frustrating when claiming, all polices are annual with the option to pay monthly, so all premiums must be paid in full. If there's anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services on 0844 3186 870.
they went out of their way to avoid settling a claim
Hi, we're sorry to hear you feel this way. If our Customer Services can be of any help please don't hesitate to call us on 0844 318 6870.
Ridiculous company. Got a policy out made a claim they took over a month. Lack of communication. At the end of it all was told nothing will be repaired made out to be a liar. Horrible service and a joke. Would not recommend them at all.
Hi, we recognise the service provided to you wasn't as quick as we'd have liked, and we're sorry about this. We did attempt to contact you on several occasions regarding your claim but were unable to get through using the number associated with your policy, causing some delays.
Cost me £19 in phone calls to customer services. They wanted proof of purchase on a 6 year old tumble dryer. Then when I provided that they wanted £50 Excess plus the rest of the years instalments up front which was more expensive than a new dryer, so take my advice and don't touch these with a barge pole
Hi, we're sorry to hear your experience was not as expected. The call charges you have incurred are from your network provider, not Row. All polices are annual with an option to pay monthly, meaning any unpaid premiums must be paid before a claim is processed.
Really wish I had reviews before taking out insurance. Used a comparison site where I said my oven was 8years old. Paid for policy for the year upfront - DO NOT DO THIS! put in a claim - they rejected it as they don't unsure items over 6 years old and they won't give me a refund as I've made a claim even though they haven't paid out. About to complain, report to ombudsman and watchdog. Do yourself a favour and shop elsewhere. Im sure positive feedback is fake
We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service. Appliances must be under 6 years old at the time the cover is purchased. This is stated in the 2nd stage of our 4 step sign-up process and policies cannot be taken out without first confirming this.
Basically this company can refuse to pay out on anything because of their terms and conditions; specifically section 2. d. I made a claim for accidentally damaging a Television waited 2 weeks to have my claim be denied. I moved some furniture in a small room, accidentally damaged a TV they refused to pay out because they believed "I didn't take reasonable precautions" (surely this is why we have accidental insurance, accidents happen). The best part is they grill you on the phone multiple times and ask you to send multiple pictures then dismiss your claim on their "beliefs" without evidence. When I asked them how they came to that conclusion and what a reasonable precaution would've been in that situation they wouldn't and still haven't given me an answer. So if you have insurance with this company make sure you plan and take precautions before you accidentally damage your gadgets. AVOID.
We're sorry that you feel disappointed with your experience. We aim to pay out on every claim but must adhere to our terms and conditions to ensure we continue providing great value policies and fairness to our customers. If you would like to discuss your claim in more detail please do call our Customer Services team on 0844 318 6870.
Row.co.uk is rated 4.73 based on 4,093 reviews