Riddwood Consulting Engineers Ltd Reviews

76% of reviewers recommend Riddwood Consulting Engineers Ltd

About Riddwood Consulting Engineers Ltd: Riddwood Consulting Engineers was founded in 1979 and over the past four decades has established itself as a leading consultancy of Civil and Structural Engineers across the UK. As an established engineering consultant, we are able to offer a range of specialist services, all designed to serve the needs of our clients across the diverse spectrum in which we operate.

Working together as a team, we ensure we provide the most cost effective, practical and sustainable solution for your project. Our professionalism, efficiency and our vast experience as an engineering consultant will ensure your project runs smoothly and our emphasis on effective communication will guarantee that you are well informed throughout the different stages of the process.

We look forward to working with you.

adrian@riddwood.co.uk

2A Millars Brook, Molly Millars Lane,Berkshire

Tell us how Riddwood Consulting Engineers Ltd made you happy

Telephone
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"The engineer that I dealt with at Riddwood - Jake Scott - was excellent. He was very personable, professional and efficient. I would definitely use this service in future should I need it again."
"I was very pleased to deal with Riddwood Consulting Engineers on a recent project. They proved efficient and prompt in their dealing."
"Very reliable and professional service, I will definitely use your services in the future."
"I was very impressed with Riddwood consulting. I used them as we would like to take down a wall in the kitchen and from start to finish Jake was fantastic. He was very helpful when we initially spoke on the phone. I was able to get an appointment the following week when Jake came out to my house. He took the time to explain everything to me and answer all of my questions. We had a builder booked in a couple of days later and Jake made sure I had all of the drawings and calculations in time for this which was fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend Riddwood and thank Jake for his excellent help :)"
"Dealt with a structural matter speedily and efficiently. Would recommend without hesitation"
"Excellent service Very professional and friendly And helpful Would highly recommend and use again"
"Piers - has been attentive. Completed job way ahead of time expectation. Kept in touch."
"Professional, quick turnaround of work and seemed to know their stuff. Would use again"
"Came on a quick request for structural calcs, good service, quick turnaround and very professional"
"great detail and very helpful nice detail drawings and easy to read"
"I was served at Riddwood consulting Engineers Ltd very professionally by Piers Byron-Moore, whose advice was most valuable to me. Piers has the expertise and knowledge about complex topics like neighbouring walls on the hill slopes and knew what needed to be done in my case for building extension next to it. I would recommend Riddwood Consulting Engineers to others."
"Competent and professional throughout"
"Fast efficient service would definitely use again"
"Very helpful and really good call to site service"
"very good quick service knowledgeable engineers"
"After much chasing we eventually got a report written by hand in pencil. We had to have this typed up afterwards and were unable to use it for anything more than in house discussions."
"Insufficiently responsive and caused a material delay in our building project, plus an over-conservative approach to foundation design."
"I had a structural engineer round a year or so back to assess the feasibility of removing some supports in my loft. Was here for maybe 15 mins max of which 10 were drinking the cup of tea I provided. Agreed what I was hoping to achieve wasn’t going to be an option. I was somewhat surpised to receive my invoice for 2 hours consulting and only managed to get this reduced to 1 hour after complaining. Didn’t leave Time with the greatest impression!"
"Engineers seem young graduates and inexperienced. I asked several times about a key point in raising a fireplace lintel and addressing the corbal bricks. But it was not taken into account both on site and in follow up emails. In the end my builder came up with the suggestion which was accepted."
"Unfortunately we had a difficult experience with Riddwood. The surveyor appeared very efficient but it took literally months to get the full drawings and calculations completed eventually by a different engineer/surveyor who did not visit to check the original calculations. This was only after a considerable amount of chasing by our architects. We paid the bill in full on time and had little financial leverage to force completion. We did receive the plans etc eventually but the time delays were unsatisfactory and regrettably I would not be able to recomend their services to others as a result of my experience."
Riddwood Consulting Engineers Ltd is rated 4.24 based on 21 reviews