Real Gap Reviews

of reviewers recommend Real Gap
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read Real Gap Reviews

social@realgapexp.co.uk

Real Gap Experience, Top Floor, 121-123 Mount Pleasant Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent,

Tell us how Real Gap made you happy
Real Gap 5 star review on 4th September 2019
Tim
Extremely helpful and
Thanks for your review :)
Great help from the team to get everything booked and organised. Emma was so helpful and organised me a great trip around some tricky dates.
Would use Real Gap again and again.
Thanks for your review! If you need anything else before you go, just let us know :)
Booking has been so easy. I live the my real gap page too it is going to make everything so much easier. I also love the fact I have my own contact to speak to about any queries
Thank you for your review Samantha, that's great to hear! Don't forget we are here to answer any questions you may have right up until the end of your travels, have an amazing time :)
Very polite and helpful with all my questions and queries
Thanks for your review!
Thanks for your review! 😊
We were so impressed with how easy it was to book with Real Gap. We were constantly kept up to date on our trip, and whenever I got in touch with a list of questions about my tour, Katie answered my queries straight away. We would definitely use them again for future trips!
That's great news! Thanks for getting in touch Jordan, we'll pass your comments on to Katie. When it's time for your next adventure please let us know and we'll be happy to help :)
Really easy and straight forward to book. All the staff have been really helpful to help me pick the trips to suit what I want to do- nothing has been too much trouble.
Thanks for your review Eleanor, we're happy to help!
This is the 2nd and 3rd trip away traveling on my own that I have booked with Real Gap. The support is first class and they really can’t do enough to help make sure everything you need to know about is checked off. Very easy navigation around the site aswell.
Thanks for your review - we love it when people catch the travel bug and travel with us again! If there's anything else we can do before you go away just let us know :)
Booking my tour, had lots of help from Emma on LIVE chat with any questions I needed answering, and also from Katie after the confirmation was received, very helpful team.
Thanks for your review Charlotte. We'll pass your message on to Emma and Katie :)
I am a recent graduate, and a novice traveller. I have been through the booking experience with Emma and she truly was excellent, spoke twice as of yet and always polite, efficient and knowledgeable. My friends are looking to do similar trips; I will not only recommend real gap but Emma as well. Many Thanks
Thanks for your review Josh! We're so happy that Emma could help you plan your travels 😊 please do pass on her details to your friends and she will be happy to help.
I had lots of questions and Emma was always very helpful and made the whole booking process easier! Thanks Emma for all of your help and can’t wait for the trip!
Thanks for your review Rosie, we'll make sure we pass it on to Emma! If you need anything else at all before your trip just let us know :)
5 star service from Emma and Katie. Me and my friend have finally booked our dream trip for our 30ths next year and both these girls couldn’t of been more help. I wouldn’t think twice about recommending this company to friends and family the whole process has been smooth and simple, thanks to Emma and Katie Thank you ladies
Thanks for your review Niamh. We've passed your message on to Emma and Katie. We bet you can't wait to go away! If there's anything we can do to help before you go just let us know :)
Me and my friend have recently booked the Machu Pichu Jungle adventure trip with Real Gap. We had lots of questions and wanted advice on which trip would be best suited for us. Katie and Emma helped us to pick and book this trip and they couldn’t of been any more helpful and efficient. I’m really pleased with how easy the booking process was with Realgap. They are always happy to help with any queries you have.
Hi Claire. Thanks for your lovely review - we'll be sure to pass it on to Emma and Katie! If you've got any more questions before you go away, just let us know :)
My sister has travelled using Real Gap before - despite her rave reviews, I still didn’t think they would be as helpful as they are! Travelling can be stressful, especially if you’re planning a long trip. The patience the team have as well as their quick responses and eagerness to help, really make the whole process to much easier. I couldnt recommend them more.
Truly go above and beyond to help organise your trips. Any question you have, they really will respond as quickly as they possibly can. Wouldn’t travel with anyone else
Thanks for your lovely review Emelia, we're so happy to help with your travels! We look forward to your next trip with us 😊
Real Gap were extremely efficient in sorting out my trip and flights and went above and beyond in answering my questions and helping me prepare before I left.
Thanks for your review Beth! If you need anything else before you go away just let us know :)
I have just finished the 25 day Thai Experience and am continuing my travels through South East Asia. I have heard that Realgap dont allow bad reviews to be posted which explains how the trip rating is so high! Heres my list of pros and cons for the trip just to summarise:
Cons
- Dont expect much help if you get ill during the trip. The main thing that made me want to go on the trip was the safety net of the tour guide if something were to go wrong/if you were to get ill. At the start of the trip, I got an upper respiratory tract infection and was taken to a very dodgy looking pharmacy to pick up some antibiotics... I spoke with my family and doctor back home and decided to go to hospital to get antibiotics instead as I just did not feel comfortable with the pharmacy especially with the recent cases of medication spiking. I developed sickness and diarrhoea so initially didnt take the antiobiotics as it would have been pointless. During this time I was feeling extremely ill as I couldnt eat and the tour guide did not provide any advice on what to do/any help (i am aware they arent medically trained - not even the basics - but it was just ridiculous; the lack of understanding). I left the group for a bit to relax and recover (because if you get ill on this trip, the constant moving around makes you feel so much worse) however had to go to hospital to be put on an IV - at which point the tour guide left me on my own despite me crying due to my phobia of needles, as she ‘wanted her sleep and didnt like hospitals’...
-70% of the trip is spent on ferrys, busses, planes & taxis... when i originally booked the trip, the itinerary was different. It was a longer trip with more days in each location which was better! We would just get settled in a place and then boom 7am start, 8 hour ferry/coach to the next place. Bear in mind, after a day of travelling with a massive rucksack you are knackered and not up for much when you arrive at the destination so a lot of days were wasted...
-we found that a lot of the hotels are well out of the way. Especially in Koh Samui; theres a choice of two hotels and unfortunately for us, our tour guide picked the one that was in the middle of nowhere (and taxis on the island arent cheap!!!). Not only that, nearly all 21 people on our trip moved out of that hostel because they didnt feel safe after a big fight in the courtyard on the first morning, not to mention the music that plays until 2am so dont expect any sleep here either after the long journey.
-Bring more money than you think you need because a lot of the stuff isnt actually included. In terms of money, it would definitely be cheaper to do without an organisation.
-Our tour guide said she would help us navigate our way home after the trip... we waited for her after the ferry at the bus terminal to advise us on what to do, but after multiple calls and messages, she finally replied to say she had already left without saying goodbye.

Pros:
- Met some amazing people and made some lifelong friends.
- Most of the activities are pretty amazing!
-Some of the accomodations were really nice! Although that doesnt bother me too much as I will be backpacking in very cheap hostels for the majority of my travels.
-Thailand itself is an amazing place, my personal favourites were Koh Tao and Koh Phi Phi.
-You get to visit many different parts of Thailand which is amazing, would just be nicer if you could stay there longer inbetween the long days of travelling.
-In the hospital it was useful having someone who spoke Thai however I was not always informed of the conversations that had happened which was a bit frustrating.

Every experience will be different for each person but I can safely say that I was quite disappointed by the trip. But as I mentioned, im so grateful for the amazing friends i have made & the great experiences but i will not be using Real Gap again.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your views with us.

I am sorry that you became ill whilst you were on your travels - we've all be there, and I know it's not fun to feel sick when you're away. We were aware of your health issues whilst on the trip and as you know were were in touch with both you and the guide whilst you were ill to make sure that you were okay, and to offer any support we could.

Thailand is a big country and therefore does involve some long journeys. This is a fast paced, action packed trip designed to fit in all the highlights, however we take your feedback on board about there being some long days in the itinerary.

Whilst we do usually get excellent feedback about our guides, I'm sorry that your guide did not meet expectations on this occasion. We have passed on your comments to the local team for review.

I'm really pleased that there were also many positive aspects of your trip, and that you loved experiencing the different parts of Thailand and the activities on this trip.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.
Real Gap were very helpful in booking my trip. They pretty much had everything in place for me so all I had to worry about was getting to the airport! Any questions I had were answered immediately and I was told any important information regarding the trip right away. I would have no hesitation in booking with Real Gap again and would strongly recommend others to do so.
Wow thanks for your kind words James! We're so pleased that booking with us took the stress out of your travels. Please let us know when it's time for your next adventure and we'll be happy to help :)
Really good telephone advice! Friendly reps as well. A little more contact would be better between the actual tour provider and real gap but generally really good, comperehensive information and nice people to talk to if needed!
Thanks for your review - we'll make sure your comments are passed on to the team!
Real gap offers a really well planed tour. It is really safe and you do not have to think about anything else apart from enjoying. The only thing I didnt expect is that I am 27 and my partner 30 and everybody was 18-20 years old. and I would of prefer if they were more my age.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed the trip and felt safe while you were away. Thanks for your feedback. Our trips are primarily aimed at 18-30 year olds although the age of travellers can vary from trip to trip :)
It was very easy to book. It was quick as well.
I liked that it had the option to add I was travelling with a friend
Rather than emailing after to say I had booked with a friend
Thanks for your review Charlotte!
Couldn't be more helpful if they tried. Nothing for these guys is too much to ask! Excellent customer service :)
Thanks for your review - that's great to hear!
Real Gap is rated 4.66 based on 502 reviews