www.ratingandvaluationcompany.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend www.ratingandvaluationcompany.co.uk

Tell us how www.ratingandvaluationcompany.co.uk made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Please avoid this vile company at all cost.
I sadly worked here and I saw the extent of fraud that goes on.
The director (Carlos Matto) is a bully and a conman and will take your money in anyway possible.
They deserve to be closed down, named and shamed and to compensate all people they’ve taken from.
Old man rocked up in small car no I’d and hands me a demand for over 6k ! What’s going on is there any one who can advise please , terrible company.
I am in the same situation where they are trying to charge for something they have done nothing for, when the government has given full discount automatically due to Covid-19. The amount of emails demanding money and then on top termination fee plus admin fee...like seriously all I questioned is what is the invoice for before making any sort of payment and all I got is this was to help to get the discount and that I will only pay a further 15% once they get the refund from previous years!!! I will not be paying any monies to them as I have already paid £695 2 years ago and nothing to date has been achieved, have had 4 different case workers, all who seem to be working of the same script. They seem to get all correspondence from your council to themselves which I have now tried to get changed back to me from my council..awaiting response on this..its just a headache that is not needed in current situation. This company is scam and do not pay them any monies. I am happy for them to take me to court which they will probably be laughed at as clearly there is no evidence to show any work carried out apart from all businesses getting what the government has put in place. Please do share on progress as I hope this scamming company gets closed down!!!
Like everyone else , they have delivered a letter this morning , threating to close our company down . Now demanding over £6000.
Terrible Company and threatening to close the business. Keeps demanding the money without any work done. And very unproffessional when writing emails and letters. Be Careful with the Company. Targets small business company!!!
Hi
Having exactly the same experience as everyone else. We signed up over 1 year ago and were promised a massive return. The salesman even had charts and graphs showing just how much we were over paying. We could never get an update from them have been in touch with local authority who say they have never challenged our business rates in all this time! Also it would appear speaking to Business rates help center they tried to get hold of our government grant, by requesting any payments due to our business should be sent to their Lloyd's Bank account!!!
We have had a barrage of emails from them trying to drop close on us like a dodgy double glazing salesman, followed by threats to close us down! We have appointed solicitors and are putting together a huge detailed complaint to trading standards and other institutions as they have intentionally deceived us, conning us out of our deposit and then tried to profit, with disgusting scare tactics, out of the coronavirus outbreak. My advice stay away from this company or any like them!!!!
Terrible company that take your money without doing any work! They charged for reductions that the government put in place to help small businesses with the covid 19 crisis. The 8 months previous to this they didn’t achieve any reductions despite the initial fee and several attempts at contacting them for updates. They were very aggressive in pursuing litigation and continually remove reviews off of sites because they get so many 1 star reviews! I’ve seen over 20 On yell and had at least 3 of mine removed so far! Please do not use this company and save yourself the time and lost money.
Under no circumstances do you pay this company a penny.Ignore their threats and if they take court action put in a counter claim for the return of your upfront payment.You will find that their salesman missold the contract based on deception.I have first hand experience of this.Unfortunately the north west is the centre of business rates scamming firms.Regarding their commission based upon the govt reliefs would never stand up in court.Fees are based on the word consideration.There is no consideration here.If any of you need please leave your details.This company has a very short life span
We have had the same issues as the other reviewers. We initially signed up and paid the fee over a year ago. They have done absolutely nothing. I have been in regular contact via email and there has always been an excuse as to why there has been no development. Our case worker has been changed twice. We received an invoice just after lockdown. I said we couldnt pay and they responded with we should use our Grant money. I said we hadnt received it and they then said they had looked into it and we would receive it that week. Funny how they can find out! We didnt receive it that week but we still had another invoice from them. Once we received the grant I didnt pay them and 1 day later we received a debt collectors letter. The next day we received another letter from the company doubling the invoice saying that if we didnt pay they would get our company disolved! The next day another email giving us an extra day day to pay. It is a joke - I am not paying as they have not reduced our business rates - the government have! Just checked company details on Companies House and it is owned by some french woman - there are also a lot of disputes from staff not being paid. I will be interested to follow this company from now - lets see how they progress. I would like to hear some more stories regarding The rates & Valuation Office!!
Agree with all the other reviews here.
We paid up front fee and they achieved absolutely no rateable value reduction.
Then invoices started to arrive demanding payment for the automatic relief that councils are obliged to give.
Also an invoice for "cancellation fee" even though I have not cancelled.
There is a Facebook page "Rating and Vaulation Co Ltd - Scam". Please check it out

Companies being scammed by this company need to work together.

We will not be paying anything but there are more vunerable companies that may be frightened into paying up!
They cancelled the bad reviews on the Yell page!!They are hiding something.I had to leave one here.I suffered exactly same like most of you.I really regret that I paid the application fee.Now their true face showing.Don't pay the fake invoice.They threatening people go to court if not paid.I'm seeking a legal advice to look through this.
This company is worthless please stay clear of this company,
Please avoid this people at all costs they are bullies,
They contacted me April 2019 saying that they will reduce my business rate to zero in 6moth with 💯% confident asked to pay a set up fee £695 they will refund if they will not make any changes before I make the payment I asked them to send me on email to confirm that they will refund the payment.
So after months and months and one year on nothing have changed on business rate bill, I contacted them not appropriate explanation in march 2020 VOA confirmed that they will not make any changes to the current business bill and send copy of evidence that they will not do any changes in the future.
I Contacted the company they said that they don't have any confirmation from VOA I sent them a copy of the email from VOA confirmed that no changes in the business rate and evidence that why they will not make one.
Again no appropriate explanation regarding to VOA email.
So after all this waisted time i was expecting a refund of the upfront payment.
Guess what???
Few days later on 3Aprill 2020 they send me a bill £500+ask them what is that for as you have not make any changes to the current business rate and I am waiting for a response on the refund no appropriate explanation.
In a short time received a email that I should pay a bill for £2000+asked what is for no explanation, then in few minutes after on email that if I don't pay threatening with taking me to court then in a short time or minutes on email from solicitor worrnig to pay the full amount or face the court which will and up £5000 to £6000.
Then a few days after unather email if I don't pay imadiatly the will vanish my company.
After searching the company website and they amazing review from they vunerabal costumers I find out that due to Corona virus suspension bussnes rate from 💯% they claiming is due to they achievement.
I have asked my lawyer to look at this and will report to trading standards and OFT.
Stay stay clear of this company.
Same thing happened to me.They approached to us last year and been really pushy me to pay the one off application fee which my partner doesn't feel right but I was so stupid and paid that because of their promises(Lies).Then they disappeared for nearly one year and came back recently with lots of invoices togather with threatening words to courts or so what.They wanted to charge 15% on top of the job they never done and the relief due to the pandemic.Definitely big Scam!Don't even give them a penny!Need to report them!
Zero stars. Please STAY AWAY from this company they are aggressive bullies with totally unethical activities, resulting in businesses being pressurised into paying unwarranted invoices. After initially signing up with them to look into our business rates, we didn't really have many dealings with them until we received an invoice out of the blue a few weeks back demanding same day payment of 15% of the automatically applied, COVID-19 business rates relief, claiming that they did the work to secure it for us, when they did not. I tried to dispute the invoice, requesting time to look into it, only to receive threatening emails claiming that we would be taken to court and receive a criminal record if we didn't pay. They have since added a £995+ vat cancellation fee and administration fees. I again tried to state my case only to be ignored. Since then there has been a variety of threats, all within days of each other, ranging from aggressive emails with threats of wind up action and being reported to the local council for not using government grant money to pay business essential bills to pre-court notifications. This is all bearing in mind that they are fully aware that the business is currently closed. The sign up process is very misleading, please do not be fooled. I urge you not to engage with this company, they are bullies and should be exposed.
This company is fraudulent and must be stopped from conning any more honest and vulnerable people.
In August 2019, i was approached by one of their reps, he mentioned that the company could reduce my business rates and that by paying a one off fee of £695 (which i did) and then only other cost would be 15% of the business rates they saved for me.
I never heard anything for three months, even though i made several calls i was always fobbed off with one reason after another.
Then with the covid pandemic crisis, our council (like others) stopped charging us business rates as per government instruction and then we started to receive invoices of large amounts £5000+ from this company.
This is a bogus fraud company DO NO GET INVOLVED AT ANY RISK. I currently have lawyers currently looking into the matter and will make sure this company EXPOSED as a FAKE
Absolutely fraud company. Stay clear, stay very clear of this company. Con artist and tried to blackmail me. Will be reporting them to trading standards and OFT.
If I could I would not even give them 1 Star. Con artist, absolutely fraud company. I was lucky that I spotted their intentions in the bigning and never paid them a penny. They were so so pushy for upfront deposit but I refused to pay them. They did not process any of my case for council tax reduction but even before the lockdown sent me the bill of over £2000. They have now sent an email via a legal firm asking for payment. I have been asking one question that what is that payment for?. Stay clear of this company, stay very very clear
Absolute con!!!
I paid them a one off fee of £695. If they get me cheaper business rates I pay them 15% if what they save me.
They failed! But now invoiced me £5000 that I must pay immediately claiming that because I have saved money via the governments reductions.. they sometime played a part 🤷🏽‍♂️

Avoid these people at all costs and don’t pay them a penny. They are bullies
So I was approached by a company called Rating and Valuation Company Ltd. They claimed that they can reduce my business rates saving me £1000s. To sign up I needed to pay a one time fee of £695.00 and there success fee was 15% of reductions they achieve against my business rates. After the announcement from the government that there will be a reduction in business rates they have now invoiced me for 15% of my 100% reduction the government has awarded me because of this Covid 19 crisis. They are threatening me that if I don’t pay the 15% fee plus a £200 Administration fee I will have to pay a termination fee £995 + vat and court fees which could end up between £5,000 - £6,000. I have been in touch with my local council and been told that Rating and Valuation have made two challenges against my Business rates. First challenge was rejected and the second is still ongoing.

I received and invoice on the 10th March 2020 for £60.74. So I sent them an email to ask why I have been invoiced and there response was that they are still trying to obtain a large refund and in the meantime have been successful in obtaining a small reduction. They said if I don’t paid the £60.74 they won’t be able the get my refund and I would need to pay a termination fee. I asked them if they were trying to con me because the government has announced that company’s will have their business rates reduce and there reply was that this isn’t what we have been working on and that the reduction was from past over payments. I have since received an invoice for 15% of the reduction made be the government due to the Covid 19 crisis.
www.ratingandvaluationcompany.co.uk is rated 1.00 based on 19 reviews