Rated People Reviews

Rated People have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers are happy with their customer service but are unhappy with their prices. Full Insights

35% of reviewers recommend Rated People
9PM
9PM

How would you rate Rated People ?

"I contacted Craig Spencer via rated people the job was done to a high standard at a reasonable rate within 24hours"
"I contacted Stephen Falzon through Rated People and he has done some interior painting for me here in Wimbledon. He proved to be an excellent worker and was punctual, attentive to detail and did his work at a good price."
"The company shows a despicable attitude towards genuine tradesmen. They demand insane levels of identity information from workmen and exclude genuine workmen from their database. I speak from direct experience of a workman I have used many many times. He has been treated shabbily by RATED PEOPLE as a business. I am NEVER going to use a tradesman aimed at me by this company from here on. I will NEVER use their services and will definitely warn my many hundreds of clients about their practices by email and social media."
"This site is ripping genuine tradesman off daily, they cancel your membership without any notice or explanation and do not give refunds. they are arrogant when calling them for answers, they back the customer whom places adverts for free yet charge way over the odds for tradesman and alot of the leads are fake false no one answers your calls messages emails texts nothing"
"I employed a building & facilities manager through Rated People. He has turned out to be a crook, having disappeared 5 weeks ago in the middle of building an extension and pocketing the money I had paid him. I've advised Rated People twice about this but so far have had little interest from them apart from sending me a disclaimer saying they aren't liable for their traders, but I had only asked them to remove the trader from their website so that other people wouldn't be defrauded. I'm still waiting for them to remove his previous excellent testimonials from the website."
"I posted a job on Thursday morning for a gas cooker to be fitted. Within minutes Stewart from elite gas was in touch with not only a quote for the job but also dates and times for work to be carried out. This was done swiftly and courtesly with minimum of fuss and disruption. Stewart even cleaned and tidied up after himself. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends if they required simular work to be done."
"I don't believe Rated People carry out checks on their tradesman. I had a bad experience with one of their tradesmen. I sent in my complaint together with photographic evidence, text messages, etc as requested by them. Needless to say they did nothing about my complaint as the other 3 reviews were not complaints. Why didn't they tell me that in the first place and save me all that time and trouble. I lost my money but they don't seem to care. Just another rogue trader getting away with bad workmanship"
"This company are run by crooks, lure you in with false promises of job leads, impossible budgets set by the public, fake jobs, then when you finish your 12 month membership and you try and cancel they tell you that you've automatically gone straight into another 12 month membership so you cant leave unless its on their terms! avoid and use other means of bringing work in for yourself! these are scandalous!"
"We run a team of decorators based in Sheffield paid money out to buy fictitious leads but when asked for a credit back rated people refused I think this is totally wrong if you pay good money for a lead but can't get hold of the customer or the customer has already had the work why will rated people refuse to give you your money back in all honesty bogus leads supplied to get your cash avoid"
"Have nothing to compare it with but rmpropertymaintenance, did a good job of replacing my front guttering. Explained everythng all the way along and did the job there and then. Very curteous and professional guys. Price was £650, not sure if that was average or not."
"3 people to cut hedge. Started raining so couldn't check outside. Paid team in good faith. When checked outside .... standing ba co..... chunks out the top. Wonky in the extreme. Should have been straight. E mailed the guy. Said he would come back to straighten. Never did ! Our neighbours say now they were gypsies using a member's card?"
"We used Salamander Garden and Landscape to do work in our garden including erecting a Summerhouse. A job which should have taken 12 to 14 days has dragged on since April. He ordered a summerhouse on our behalf - BIG MISTAKE!!! We paid him part cheque and the rest in cash, total £1,304. for the summerhouse. OK we picked a rubbish company called Garden Buildings Design (Billy Oh) we had weeks of delay waiting for the order to go through. When it finally arrived with the wrong parts and poor quality we rejected it and were due a refund. Unfortunately Domonic Boorman placed the order so the refund had to go to his bank! The refund went through to his bank on 25 July, we have been chasing him for the money to be paid into our bank to enable us to order another summerhouse from a different company. He was fully aware that we are pensioners and need this money desperately as the new summerhouse is arriving on 1st August. We cannot contact him by telephone (voicemail says NOT AVAILABLE, TRY LATER). No answer to several texts and emails. We gave him time to respond today but nothing! The matter has now been reported to the fraud department of our bank! It looks like we have been scammed twice as it also happened to us last year. Beware of using tradesmen you do not know. Only use someone who has been recommended by a friend. Please Rated Trader thoroughly check your tradesmen before putting them on your website. We thought that by using your company we would have avoided all this stress and we now have to pay another company to finish the outstanding jobs in our garden and we now have to use installers who have been recommended by the new company. This is going to cost us a lot of money which we can ill afford. We treated Domonic Boorman very well, this is how he repays us!"
"Conn please don't use these people . They just take and nothing in return disgusting service rude staff"
"Already told you taking your person to court."
"Aggressively harassed by a tradesman that unofficially got my details from a rated tradesman request. RP not even trying to figure out how this has happened. Unsympathetic to possible data leak."
"Was totally ripped off by what was a very disreputable tradesman. Rated don't seem interested. Women living alone should be aware that Rated People does not protect you from 'tradesmen ' who will take advantage, overcharge for a shoddy job and then won't respond to requests to fix it."
"Put job on for plumbing integrated washing machine job done straight away and even came back to fix faulty door name of business Property Solutions 365"
"Having found the house to home guru Ltd on rated people we where promised by Marcus the bathroom of our dreams ! The whole project is now at the point of us taking him to small claims court started in February the work is of poor quality and unfinished the electrics are a cause of great worry with flickering lights and sockets hanging out . This is only a small number of problems experienced . S"
"Cowboy builder butchered my bathroom which was left for 3 weeks and never finished. Had to get another tradesman to finish job through a friend. Also left an elderly disabled lady in a builders mess for a month and never finished job! Dreadful site!"
"I found rated people very easy to ask for a gardener/landscaper to do 2 jobs for us, building a flat pack greenhouse and edging an existing bed needing a border defining. A landscape gardener Stephen Slater contacted me and has completed both jobs today to a very high standard. I am very happy with the work done by this very competent gentleman."
Rated People is rated 2.46 based on 57 reviews