Rated People Reviews

32% of reviewers recommend Rated People

How would you rate Rated People?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

28 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Luca Laboragine

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Rated People in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Luca Laboragine
Verified Reviewer
"I was asking for a plumber and two guys came along, Barry and Van, nice people and they did the job less than an hour. Quality and price were matching. for sure I will call them again for the future."
"Tradesmen !! Stay Away !! I was on this site for a few years and built up a good profile with all 5 star ratings and just one 4 star. Then i bought a job lead, booked it in, carried out the work. It was to move a pipe, It took an hour. The customer was really happy and paid. However they didn't rate me. Then the customer phoned me the next day and asked if i could quote for some towel rails to be fitted. This was a big new build house with 6 bathrooms. I gave them a quote, they excepted. I carried out the work. Then when i came to get paid , he didn't want to pay me the amount i quoted. I refused as this is not fair and the price was right for the amount of time i spent on site. His wife ignored him and payed me and said thanks. Then he left me a really bad review on Rated people. I couldn't get hold of rated people to tell them he's a cowboy customer. I phoned the customer up and tried to reason with him that this job was nothing to do with rated people as the initial job he was happy with. He was having none of it, and just kept saying "well you should of gave me a discount. " We had strong words with each other and i had to hang up. Then the next day i was removed off Rated people with no warning , no chance of explaining any thing to anyone. That was it! I don't know what he told them , but it was obviously lies. 2 years of being a squeaky clean good plumber with good ratings and one cowboy can do that. Theres no protection for good honest hard working trades men."
"paul warren builders did work on my house and it was excellent"
"These people are con artists the whole company is designed to get money out of you. I have bought no end of leads, 80% of the leads don’t get back to you and rated people refuse to refund. I’m now tied in to a contract. Use my builder it’s loads better"
"Though there are some genuine tradesmen on there, there are , in my experience, a lot of con men, who, in my opinion, even make up their own reviews. Find another place to source tradesmen. Though I would imagine that if a con man can fudge the reviews on one site, he can do it on another. There are official registers for many trades, such as the Gas Safe Register and the Institute of Plumbing."
"I asked Alex Hill of Garden Maintenance and his team to do some work on my garden, the front part needed quite a lot of work, and the back-garden tidying up. He did a great job. His approach was very professional, in that he came at the time he said he would, told me how he would tackle the job, and then put a lot of hard work into completing it. He did a wonderful job and he is going to do some work for me again very soon. I would recommend him to whoever wants a job started and completed effectively and to the timing agreed. Alex used some of his skills in putting in designs I had not thought of but which added charm to his work."
"BEWARE - Waste of time I used Rated People to find a tradesman to carry out some work on my property, I had numerous problems with the tradesman (bill harding - harding construction) and he ended up walking away with close to £9000 leaving my property half finished and a total mess. I contacted Rated People for assistance in tracking down this tradesman, I was only provided with a phone number and email address and this was no enough to summon him to court. I asked Rated People to provide me with his details so I could send him court letter. I was told that this was something Rated People could not do. I used their service because I believed they were safer than traditional methods, this is obviously not the case and when something goes wrong they leave you high and dry."
"Im a tradesman they charge huge fees for average jobs do not vet timewasting homeowners then if someone pulls out of a property sale so there is no job to quote on they do not give you your lead money back morally wrong. Would anyone pay £50 deposit for a car then when you turn up there is no car you would demand your deposit back surely. Terrible customer service legalised daylight robbery"
Jon Bartlett.
Unverified Reviewer
"Delighted with the work Usman did at my studio. The stud wall has made a big difference and has been finished to a high standard. I would definitely use him again at home as well as work."
"Was very happy with the outcome of my shed been build Allan did a brilliant job"
Jaallen81@hotmail.com
Unverified Reviewer
"Make bogus jobs up charging £55 +vat plus for a so called customer you can never get hold of. Leads are double the price compared to sites such as my builder and customer services is poor . Claim they never cold call to get you to join but the last 6 months call continuous to get x customers to return as they have lost all the tradesmen Job leads are becoming lower and lower as homeowners use better websites such as My builder, trustatrade and bookabuilder"
Ratedpeople Are Scammers
Unverified Reviewer
"don't use this website, if you buy the lead and you don't get the job , THEY WILL NEVER REFUND YOU THE MONEY TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT , it will go to your profile on ratedpeople as a credit , hence the leads prices are too high , SCAMMERS"
"We used a company called www.dampworx.co.UK they came to do our damp proofing went through a water pipe which they never mended properly. Took our money refused to give us a receipt or a certificate for the work. Pipe then burst refused to answer our calls or messages and e.mails sent. Had to call out a plumber to fix it who had to remove some of the damp proof, have tried again and again to get in contact, just completely ignored us. So avoid at all cost and would not recommend this sight at all if I could of given no stars or even minus I would of done. You think your doing the right thing by using this sight and all we got was conned it leaves a bad taste in your mouth for being so gullible."
BUSTER EDWARDS
Unverified Reviewer
"RESEALED MY NEW BATH AND TILES TERRIBLE JOB WHICH I PAID WELL OVER THE ODDS FOR. LEAKS THROUGH BATHROOM CEILING INTO KITCHEM. CRACKED TILES AROUND THE BATH AND GROUT LEFT EVERYWHERE ALL OVER THE WALLS AND MY POLISHED WOODEN FLOOR QAWFUL JOB DONE BY AMATEURS AVOID AT ALL COSTS ! MUCH BETTER SITES TO USE"
"They came, the son and father. They got on with the jog of giving me new fencing and were quite helpful but they missed one fence out saying they would come back on Wednesday but as we see later Wednesday never came. As I trusted them I offered my cheque but the father said he does not accept cheques, only cash. Although I was taken aback but pleased with their work I accepted the offer of his son taking me down to town to draw out the money causing me some problems along the way.By then being 74 I was under a bit of stress. When we were finally back at my house I sorted the money out with them. Before I had got back my breath they disappeared with the money without giving me a receipt. they never came back on Wednesday so I rung them up and they replied promising a Friday visit which again never materialised the same of further visit offers.. I have been extremely disappointed with their behavior."
"Ben rowley carpenter's did a excellent job on are doors all are doors were different sizes and made a excellent job I would recommend Ben rowley carpenter's"
"Came up with a good company for our needs."
"Hesitate to use the word cowboys ... but there seem to a few on ratedpeople.com"
"Hired Allan pugh a so called painter and decorator through rated people . He gave us a quote to paint our kitchen and utility room tried to charge us extra for a small amount of filling which was included in the original quote. Eventually asked him to leave. The work he did was very poor when I gave a second coat the paint peeled off due to newly plaster walls not being prepared correctly. Gave a negative review to rated people but it was now published."
MR AND MRS ROBINSON
Unverified Reviewer
"RATED PEOPLE SENT ME DETAILS OF PAINTING COMPANIES AND WE ARRANGED FOR THE NEAREST ISOLA BUILDING SERVICES ISLE OF WIGHT TO QUOTE FOR THE EXTERIOR PAINTING OF OUR BUNGALOW. THE MEN WERE PROMPT -GOOD AND EFFICIENT TRADES PEOPLE - THE FINISHED PROPERTY LOOKS VERY SMART AND I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THEM."
Rated People is rated 2.43 based on 28 reviews