Printer Basics Reviews

of reviewers recommend Printer Basics
Email, Live Chat, Telephone

Tell us how Printer Basics made you happy
Ordered the wrong cartridge but company couldn’t exchange. Had to return and purchase again. Did so but from another company who exchange products
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review.

Unfortunately due to the price difference on items then we are not able to offer an exchange service for items bought incorrectly, I have looked at your order and can see that we have issued you with a full refund.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Louise
Printer Basics
Colour cartridge was fine B&W poor I'm afraid. It will suffice for the moment and I hope it will improve but not good quality printing.....very patchy, Yours was a very good price, but it makes me nervous about purchasing from you again.
Dear Graham,

Thank you for your review and I am terribly sorry for the problems you have had with the black cartridge from this order. I can see you have called in already to report the issue and we have offered to replace the cartridge for you should you want it to be. Please do contact us should you want this replaced.

Simon Bennett
I have not received my order.
Dear Christine,

Thank you for your review.

Upon looking at your order, I noticed there are notes to say that the address you gave is an old one, and my colleague contacted you on the 14/05/19 to try to resolve this issue?

A member of our customer service team will contact you again today to discuss this with you further.

Hannah
Ordered black ink and a colour ink replacement cartridges. Unfortunately the colour ink cartridge did not work.
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to read you have had a problem with the colour cartridge supplied.

We would like to help you resolve this issue, a member of our Customer Service Team will be in touch shortly.

Simon
never wants to work with printer until you persist always saying low or empty
Dear Mr Price,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have had an issue with the compatible cartridges purchased from us.

Sometimes when using HP cartridges the ink indicator icon will show a low level although there is plenty of ink in the cartridges. Incorrect ink level status generally occurs when ink cartridges are refilled. Most HP printers store the serial number of cartridges in the printer's internal memory . When the same cartridge is refilled, the printer does not recognise it as a refilled cartridge.

Fortunately, there is a simple solution to this problem and a member of our customer service team will contact you shortly to resolve the issue.

Kindest regards,

Hannah
Reason I rated low is that I ordered on 22nd April when I needed it, and now not arriving till 13th May! Is it coming from the moon???
Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to read you have not yet received your order.

Emily
The cartridges were only half full disappointed
Dear Mr Stickland,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you are having problems with the cartridges supplied by us.

We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our products, I will therefore arrange for a member of our customer service team to contact you as soon as possible.
Louise
Cartridge People
GOOD SERVICE,QUICK DELIVERY,BUT BLACK INK REGISTERED VERY LOW EVEN AFTER ABOUT 8 SHEETS WERE PRINTED
Hi there I don't know what say,first-waiting time is looks like parcel coming from another planet,second -after making 20 copy max(combin 16 black-4 colour, colour cartridge is shown on desplay like empty..so it's mean soon I have to order new cartridge...but not from you anymore Z.I
Dear Zlatko
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry that you have had a problem with the cartridges we have supplied.
One of our customer service team will contact you shortly to help resolve this matter for you.
Marianne
We have been buying ink cartridges from this company from time to time, for several years. When we needed ink they always were on the top of our search list up to now. Last time we ordered as usual, but somehow the system had messed up the address. The address which was a combination of words which didn't make any sense, nevermind could rationally could be regarded as an address, was printed on the address label and the parcel was sent out with tracking. Our shop is in the market which is a public place, so unless someone signs for a parcel it can not be regarded as delivered. So, as the address wasn't correct we didn't received the packet. When we inquired with the Printerbasics customer service we were told that once the parcel has left the warehouse it was our responsibility to contact the Post office and there was nothing could be done to help us. WRONG! We sell to the public via online too and according to the regulations for distance selling, a seller is responsible for the shipment, or delivery until it can be proven that the shipment has been delivered and received by the person/company it was addressed to. This can only be done only by getting a signature on delivery, not via the tracking. Many couriers have an appalling habit of leaving parcels by a closed shop door in public places. So, we were asked to look for our parcel ourselves. Despite telling them they seemed to have no understanding of the distance selling regulations, they just kept closing down the chat link and referring us back to their previous note saying we had to check with the Post office, a rude customer service is of no value to anyone and should be aware of their responsibilities and indeed the distance selling regulations, if they hold that post. On the same day we logged in a PayPal dispute and got our money back. On behalf of all customers let us remind Printerbasics about their legal responsibilities to their customers. Staff training is obviously required and attention to detail, as in a mess is obviously not an address to send goods out to and certainly nothing like the address you have on file!
Dear Valentina

I am sorry to read you did not receive your goods.
The delivery address provided was not complete. Only included the postcode, City and a singular word. We will always do our very best to get orders to our customers as efficiently as possible. However, the responsibility to provide the correct delivery details lies with the customer.
Unfortunately due to the order volumes it is not practical for us to check every orders delivery address, we would never be able to dispatch the orders in a timely manner.
We will always ask you to check at the sorting office or with neighbours as we do find undelivered items are usually at one of these.
I am sorry we have lost your custom over this but see your order has been fully refunded.
Marianne
Unfortunately, while my printer recognised the cartridges as refilled originals, the black ink did not print at all legibly.
Dear Hugh,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a problem with the cartridges we have supplied you. Looking at your order I can not see that you have made us aware of this. Please do contact us when you have an issue as we are always more than happy to help.

Emily
Actually this review is to point up the fact that Printer Basics doesn't have a recycling policy built into their service. I think the time is gone when companies do not take responsibility for their plastic and recycling. And toner is an obvious candidate. PB should send out a recycling solution (e.g. return label) with every cartridge so the user can send their spent plastic toner to whichever company PB partners with for this purpose. If nothing else it would be good publicity. And if extra paper is thought wasteful, put a big button on your website that directs customers how to do it.
Dear John,

Thank you for your review.

UK retailers must provide a process which allows all customers the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge, on a like-for-like basis. Therefore, if you are purchasing a new ink or toner cartridge, we do offer the opportunity to recycle your old, unwanted or used ones for free.

I can arrange for a recycling bag to be sent to you in the post to enable you to forward your old ink or toner cartridge to us so that we can send it for recycling. If this is something that you would like me to do then please get in touch on 020 8174 0099.

Waste electrical and electronic equipment is collected at local council recycling centers and at some retailers. They are no longer generally collected from the kerbside. This is to prevent items that need to be disposed of safely not ending up in landfill. Where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination, harming wildlife and even human health.

To locate a local council recycling centre closest to you, please use this link: https://www.recyclenow.com/local-recycling

To remind you of which items can be recycled, all products are now marked with a crossed-out wheelie bin symbol.

Please recycle all products that bear this symbol.
weee-directive-symbol.jpg

Should you need to, please do not hesitate to contact us further.

Hannah
I am disappointed with my last order of Premium HP301XL refills. Despite cleaning the cartridge heads twice, the black is still printing intermittently. This is not the quality refill I associated with Printer Basics.
Dear Bruce,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with the CH563E (301XL) Compatible Black Ink Cartridge supplied by us.
I have sent an email to you directly to try and resolve this for you.
Please come back to us and let us know.
Best Wishes, Stephen
New black cartridge ran out of ink after only 2 days use.
colour cartridge hardly lasts
Dear Lorraine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your order. Please note all of our orders are covered under a guarantee.

I have arranged for someone in our Customer Service Team to contact you to assist.

Emily
The ink level of the cartridge couldn't be read by the machine.......waste of money
Dear Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. A member of our Customer Service Team will be in touch shortly.

Kindest regards,

Davina

Printer Basics
Delivery good! Product bad, HP ink cartridge, obvious very old stock, adhesive tab wouldn't come away cleanly, adhesive film left blocking up jets, so wouldn't print. Had to solvent clean jets then inject printer ink into cartridge and vacuum it thru. finally printing ok! but how long will it last!!!
Buy cheap, buy twice. After working for a couple of months, the printer now can't detect the cartridges. Have tried re-loading and resetting. Can still hear ink sloshing about in each. Shame as this seemed like a good way of getting around the extortionate HP prices.
You sold me cartridges your website says are compatible with my printer, however they are not.
Good Afternoon Faaizaa,

Thank you for your review.

I have noted that you contacted us via eBay after leaving the review and we are currently awaiting a reply from you.

If you do have any further questions please contact us on 0208 174 0099.

Kind Regards,

Kieron
Printer Basics
Last lot of ink purchased poorer than before. Changed b/w and coulor cartridge, and black prints light grey not black. All jets have been cleaned.
Good Morning Mr Newman,

Apologies that you have had issues with the cartridges that you ordered from us. I noticed that you have not been in direct contact with ourselves prior to leaving your review so I will contact you later today via telephone and email to resolve the issue.

Kind Regards,